Author Topic: Hockey Talk  (Read 224982 times)

optimusXgrind

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 28
    • facebook avatar image
Re: Hockey Talk
« Reply #2160 on: June 15, 2015, 08:42:17 PM »
FUUUUUUCK YESSSSSS

Green Bastard

• Rep: 7
« Reply #2161 on: July 01, 2015, 02:16:26 PM »
Does anybody here play beer league or play pick-up. I want to start playing hockey but want to know a good way to get equipment cheap

cant stop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -76
  • It's all about tricks.
« Reply #2162 on: January 24, 2016, 04:22:53 AM »
What to think about this season?

Im a Devils fan and I like the changes this team has going through. But it is pretty hectic in the eastern conference, as always.
You know what sucks? I always rip my pants when Im having a good time! - The Gonz

Senrud

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 54
    • Twatter avatar image
« Reply #2163 on: January 26, 2016, 01:36:50 PM »
What to think about this season?

Im a Devils fan and I like the changes this team has going through. But it is pretty hectic in the eastern conference, as always.

What is it about a rape charge that brings the best out in a professional athlete? (Kane)
Glad to see the Penguins turned their game around since the holiday break. I'll be watching the Devils tonight too

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #2164 on: January 26, 2016, 03:10:08 PM »
Can't wait to watch the Cup Final in June when it's 30 degrees outside...  ::)

baroque_0bama

• Rep: 21
  • Feathers McGraw
« Reply #2165 on: January 27, 2016, 12:04:16 AM »
The last thing I expected today was to watch the Bruins lose 6-2 against the Ducks.

BMCsteve

« Reply #2166 on: January 27, 2016, 06:33:02 AM »
I grew up in Detroit and Flint so I'm a longtime Wings fan.  Hockey is pretty much the only sport that I really follow.

I'm waiting for Washington to have a spectacular collapse in the east to end the season, hoping the Wings make it to the second round and my prediction for the cup finals would be Florida and Dallas

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1586
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #2167 on: January 27, 2016, 10:03:47 AM »
I can see things getting interesting in the last stretch of the regular season....

Gotta wonder if teams like Washtington or Dallas are for real and can you bet against the Hawks or the Kings....

I'm with Tracer on the length of the season....should start earlier and be shorter.....

My team the Canucks might squeeze in with the wacky new play off format....our division less the Kings sucks....we might be able to suck less than everyone else.....

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2168 on: January 27, 2016, 02:55:09 PM »
They have a good mix...,just not sure if they can handle a best of 7.....

Got to see Ovie this year and it was so sick...just an animal....even in he stands when he winds up people duck.....

I think the Habs will squeeze in and make things tough on a well placed team.....

sleepypancakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 229
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #2169 on: January 27, 2016, 02:59:52 PM »
I've had the immense misfortune of being a Habs fan this season.

Frosty178

• Rep: 6
« Reply #2170 on: January 27, 2016, 04:26:24 PM »
Got back from my NY trip yesterday. Was meant to go see Islanders vs Flyers on Saturday. Jonas made damn sure that didn't happen.

Well gutted. Was really looking forward to my first hockey game.

waltercronkite

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 179
« Reply #2171 on: January 27, 2016, 07:27:44 PM »
Caps are my team and while I love how they're playing, I learned years ago to not hold my breath.  Just hopeful.

They are definitely light years ahead of the caps team of old. This team is the real deal and one of my favorites to watch this season. As for Dallas, I think they are explosive but Ruff keeps messing with the lines and the chemistry of the team, not to mention when the game is up for grabs in the third period he essentially only plays one line and dallas is too good to allow him to screw up their season. BMCsteve that is one crazy finals prediction you have there bud. I love how young and talented florida is, but they are no where near cup ready. J soy, if montreal gets into the playoffs it will be nothing short of a miracle. They are a mess and i dont think price coming back sometime in late february will change their luck all too much.

I think the caps win if they play the kings because they can get away with having a weaker defense against the kings offense, but my prediction is caps vs hawks and I would root for the caps but think the hawks get it done again unless the capitals make a defensive pick up before the deadline

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 385
« Reply #2172 on: January 28, 2016, 09:37:16 AM »
Got to see the Hawks lose horribly to Florida last week.  Some buddies came down from Chicago and it was awesome to go see the game live (even though the outcome sucked).  We were 8 rows up from the glass and the tickets were only about $150 which is insane since that will barely get you standing room at the United Center lately.

I'm definitely hoping for the Hawks to win the Cup and they seem to be in a good place to do so right now.  The second line with Kane, Panarin, and Anisimov is ridiculous and Crawford is having one of his best seasons.  Should that not happen though, I'm rooting for the Stars (I like Niemi and Sharp) or a team like the Caps to win it.  Ovi and T.J. Oshie are great players and it's always cool to watch a team work hard and win their first Cup.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2173 on: January 28, 2016, 10:27:56 AM »
I hitched my trailer to the islanders as warped way to spite Edmonton fans a few years back....'I bet you these guys turn it around before you do..' 

Tracer

• Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2174 on: January 28, 2016, 10:16:02 PM »
Edmonton is getting an epic new arena next year, so you can pay 500 instead of 400 to see the worst in the league!

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1362
« Reply #2175 on: January 28, 2016, 10:41:44 PM »
Thoughts on this?

Tracer

« Reply #2176 on: January 28, 2016, 11:02:10 PM »
Refs are told not to stand near the benches. Pussy ref flopped! No player can risk a too many penalty with some dumbass ref in his way. Much better the player is safe than the ref, it's what people pay to see

Pussification has been thrown around here lately, this definitely applies. Not like Wideman Bertuzzi'd the ref and ended his career

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2177 on: January 30, 2016, 12:09:30 PM »
Nope....no bite on that one.....

Any of you guys read playerstribune.com. Some good hockey stuff.....it'd be sick if skating did something like it....

The John Scott article is good....

Senrud

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 54
    • Twatter avatar image
« Reply #2178 on: January 30, 2016, 02:21:40 PM »
Jackman seemed to like it. Gave Wideman a nice little tap like, "nice hit."

seems like a gutless, bush move and his explanation was laughable.

Tracer

« Reply #2179 on: January 30, 2016, 02:48:29 PM »
Why are people so outraged????

It's a violent sport shit happens ffs

Since when did fans start caring about refs?

BMCsteve

« Reply #2180 on: January 31, 2016, 06:18:20 AM »

I'm not outraged but I hate grown ass men that don't own up to their shit.  He clearly hit him intentionally because the ref blew the call.  Fine, own up to it, take your suspension and move on.

The pussification isn't the people watching, it's the guys playing.  Do you think Grimson, Probert or Domi would have said "oh I just didn't know I was trying to get off the ice and didnt see him" 

sleepypancakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 229
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #2181 on: January 31, 2016, 10:39:34 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I'm not outraged but I hate grown ass men that don't own up to their shit.  He clearly hit him intentionally because the ref blew the call.  Fine, own up to it, take your suspension and move on.

The pussification isn't the people watching, it's the guys playing.  Do you think Grimson, Probert or Domi would have said "oh I just didn't know I was trying to get off the ice and didnt see him" 
Yes. Because it's what? A 20 game suspension? Without pay? Yeah, I do think they would've.

Monty Burns

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -325
  • Release the hounds
« Reply #2182 on: January 31, 2016, 05:52:18 PM »
Im trying to get back into watching hockey ,  NHL , SHL , KHL and  Liiga

Is there any torrent sites up that does follow these leagues ? google is letting me down at the moment

Green Bastard

• Rep: 7
« Reply #2183 on: January 31, 2016, 06:40:45 PM »

Is there any torrent sites up that does follow these leagues ? google is letting me down at the moment

reddit.com/r/nhlstreams they usually post youtube streams of games for free, HD 60 fps. Better than any torrent site

Tracer

« Reply #2184 on: January 31, 2016, 06:56:42 PM »

Season hockey is terrible, wait till it's over playoffs are really good. Buying a TV and cable line helps, blackbox, shit- if you can't find a way to watch ice hockey you're completely hopeless.

waltercronkite

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2185 on: February 24, 2016, 03:56:02 PM »
lets hear some of ya'lls childhood favorites. I will start with foppa:

Tracer

« Reply #2186 on: February 24, 2016, 04:01:37 PM »
lets hear some of ya'lls childhood favorites. I will start with foppa:

straight

« Reply #2187 on: February 24, 2016, 04:43:26 PM »
Favorite players growing up were pavel bure, keith tkachuck, Chris Chelios and many more.
On a different note, I was at this game and saw this incredible goal in person. Everyone's jaw dropped.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2188 on: February 24, 2016, 06:25:16 PM »
I read that Roy and Forseberg won't take part in any of the fun stuff in the alumni game against Detroit....

I got to see Pavels first game and it was so sick....he could get possession at our blue line and be gone.....it was awesome...

waltercronkite

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2189 on: February 24, 2016, 06:29:13 PM »
I read that Roy and Forseberg won't take part in any of the fun stuff in the alumni game against Detroit....

I got to see Pavels first game and it was so sick....he could get possession at our blue line and be gone.....it was awesome...

ya apparently they are taken the game very seriously, which is kind of odd but kind of awesome at the same time

are you talking about bure or datsuk