Author Topic: Skate Shit you've Bought Recently  (Read 986384 times)

fs1/2cab

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 620
    • a short part avatar image
Re: Skate Shit you've Bought Recently
« Reply #9120 on: February 20, 2024, 09:55:27 AM »
Busted 4 Swiss yesterday, they were 6yo and previous set lasted 5 years so I'm pretty happy with it. Let's see how long these last.
Edit: apparently nothing since when I came home I realized they're fake so I have to go back to the store and ask for my money back.

I don't know if it's too late now or if you already returned them. But how did you knew that you bought fake bearings? I think there was a thread somewhere but I haven't really seen fake skate products in real life. Or maybe I bought fake stuff several times and didn't recognized it.
IG: @flowterspace

Mbrimson88

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1037
  • Just another skate shop guy
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #9121 on: February 20, 2024, 03:58:00 PM »
Expand Quote
Busted 4 Swiss yesterday, they were 6yo and previous set lasted 5 years so I'm pretty happy with it. Let's see how long these last.
Edit: apparently nothing since when I came home I realized they're fake so I have to go back to the store and ask for my money back.
[close]

I don't know if it's too late now or if you already returned them. But how did you knew that you bought fake bearings? I think there was a thread somewhere but I haven't really seen fake skate products in real life. Or maybe I bought fake stuff several times and didn't recognized it.

Counterfeit skate gear thread

https://www.slapmagazine.com/index.php?topic=115386.0

They are getting harder to tell, besides the fact that real Swiss last ages and fake stuff does not, but the lettering on the bearing shield is less curved on fake swiss, from when a comparison was made.

That and checking the shop is a registered Bones / Powell stockist also helps.

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

BoxStuffer

• Rep: 115
« Reply #9122 on: February 20, 2024, 04:02:17 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Counterfeit skate gear thread

https://www.slapmagazine.com/index.php?topic=115386.0

They are getting harder to tell, besides the fact that real Swiss last ages and fake stuff does not, but the lettering on the bearing shield is less curved on fake swiss, from when a comparison was made.

That and checking the shop is a registered Bones / Powell stockist also helps.

I was just about to post that the first check is a legit dealer....

Then say I bet Mbrimson88 would know.   ;D
Enjoy your life.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 35
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #9123 on: February 20, 2024, 10:42:46 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

They didn't said Made in Switzerland, on the back of the box said 1983 instead of 1981 and also didn't had the Bones website but instead the full physical address.
Returned them and with the money bought from my local this and I still had spare money left (place is rumored to close so they have crazy deals). Wanted to try small wheels for a while and I like that color + you can't pass F4 for €17. Also thought to get G3 a try since they were mad cheap and need to save a little money since holidays are coming.

« Last Edit: February 21, 2024, 04:57:40 AM by moonordie »
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

JM

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 239
  • sup dog
« Reply #9124 on: February 21, 2024, 07:47:22 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
They didn't said Made in Switzerland, on the back of the box said 1983 instead of 1981 and also didn't had the Bones website but instead the full physical address.
Returned them and with the money bought from my local this and I still had spare money left (place is rumored to close so they have crazy deals). Wanted to try small wheels for a while and I like that color + you can't pass F4 for €17. Also thought to get G3 a try since they were mad cheap and need to save a little money since holidays are coming.

Nice. Support your local!

Where did you buy the fake ones? Amazon I could understand but you said you went somewhere to return them. Curious!  Thanks.
I’m not letting my YouTube algorithm anywhere near that video.

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1090
« Reply #9125 on: February 21, 2024, 08:03:20 AM »
I ordered some boards from Baltimore Board Brewery

Had an email exchange with Jim, and He was great. Customer service one point. The original graphic I sent was too dark and did not print well. He ran the graphic and emailed me to say it looked like crap and didn't meet his product standards and offered to rerun it for free if I lightened up the image. I know other printshops would have just said fuck it and shipped them with no explanation.

Not only that, but he accommodates for small runs, AND exposed stains, which is not something other shops let you do with small print runs and I never knew why. He also honored my requested pink board and did top graphics for free.

South Central Boards

If you like to run your own graphics like I do. BBB is probably the best option.

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1954
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #9126 on: February 21, 2024, 08:15:16 AM »

Had an email exchange with Jim, and He was great. Customer service one point. The original graphic I sent was too dark and did not print well. He ran the graphic and emailed me to say it looked like crap and didn't meet his product standards and offered to rerun it for free if I lightened up the image. I know other printshops would have just said fuck it and shipped them with no explanation.

Not only that, but he accommodates for small runs, AND exposed stains, which is not something other shops let you do with small print runs and I never knew why. He also honored my requested pink board and did top graphics for free.

South Central Boards

If you like to run your own graphics like I do. BBB is probably the best option.

Is this the return of Losers ATL?
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

TwisT

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #9127 on: February 21, 2024, 08:30:59 AM »
It's a return to its original roots of being an imaginary skateboard brand.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #9128 on: February 21, 2024, 01:38:16 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Where did you buy the fake ones? Amazon I could understand but you said you went somewhere to return them. Curious!  Thanks.
It was on a Quiksilver/DC shop. Yes, I know. Shame on me.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

JM

• SLAP Pal
  • sup dog
« Reply #9129 on: February 21, 2024, 04:39:31 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
It’s okay. You atoned for your sins.

But even a quicksilver retail store should have legit gear you’d think. It’s just a retail store on par with a vans store.

What a bad manager/owner if they were fake. Loser might have bought cheap on Amazon to resell at full price to skaters that didn’t know any better. :(

JM

• SLAP Pal
  • sup dog
« Reply #9130 on: February 21, 2024, 04:43:32 PM »

South Central Boards

Damn that graphic is sick :o

Before I read, I thought for real that it was a sci-fi Fantasy.

Mbrimson88

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1037
  • Just another skate shop guy
« Reply #9131 on: February 21, 2024, 05:04:28 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

But even a quicksilver retail store should have legit gear you’d think. It’s just a retail store on par with a vans store.

What a bad manager/owner if they were fake. Loser might have bought cheap on Amazon to resell at full price to skaters that didn’t know any better. :(

I would think in a situation like that, someone working there has done some switch of product - bought fakes, taken the real swiss bearings for themselves and then readily refunds if they are found out.

Seen it before with other shops / situations, which is not that common really, but it does happen, unfortunately.

Any which way, at least most other bearings on the market are not being copied anywhere near the way Bones bearings are.

I was just about to post that the first check is a legit dealer....

Then say I bet Mbrimson88 would know.   ;D

Ha yeah sometimes I get in pretty fast, but it is good to have knowledge like that too and spread it around so more people know and hopefully are not taken in by any fake products on the market.

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #9132 on: February 22, 2024, 12:02:18 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

Yeah, that was my same logic. Fishy stuff but got my money back straight away, that was nice.
Expand Quote
[close]

As Fuck.

commander jameson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #9133 on: February 22, 2024, 12:58:26 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
Yeah, that was my same logic. Fishy stuff but got my money back straight away, that was nice.

It is easily possible that bearings were very old stock, those kind of shops do not sell through their inventory fast if they sell at all.
Long time ago, maybe 7 to 10 years ago, real Bones bearings packaging looked like you described and switched due to counterfeits.
Good that you managed to get your money back.

finecojeffe

• Rep: 128
    • Fine-Co avatar image
« Reply #9134 on: February 22, 2024, 05:44:30 AM »

South Central Boards

this is looking good! Also thanks for posting where you have them made. I've had boards made int eh past, singles with that pusher site, that were not very good in my opinion. Hopefully someday I'll go in on getting some boards from BBB.

TwisT

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #9135 on: February 22, 2024, 06:15:22 AM »
I didn't mind my board pusher board. I landed my white whale trick on one just back in November. For a single deck with quick turnover, I prefer CCS.

Pasta Monster

« Reply #9136 on: February 22, 2024, 10:55:34 AM »

144, 149, 159
Got the 1 1/8” bolts in case I try the SF Big Beatdowns (66.6 mm Classics).

Doosh215

• Rep: 61
« Reply #9137 on: February 22, 2024, 02:43:52 PM »

2 AWS 8.25 boards, the Psych 8.25 shape from them is my favorite shape right now
Scumco 8.25 RIP (love the shape but noticeably shorter than the AWS boards)

New 440 V2 Low
480s
Louie Lopez Spitfires
Bones Swiss 6

frontsideNECKTIE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 226
  • Precision Posture
« Reply #9138 on: February 22, 2024, 04:14:27 PM »
Got some Hours delivered. Been walking in my first set for a couple days. I'd say about 80% broken in, minus flick spot.

Fit is maybe a smidge small in length, fairly wide at the toe box, and the padding on the tongue and collar is rather minimal but present. The collar was a bit tight/stiff for the first day, but seems to have softened and molded up okay. Insole is similar to Vans Pop-Cush, maybe a touch softer/squishier, but nothing massively different.

Really like the top-down view, simple toe shapes are always lovely to my eye. Materials feel nice overall.

Been digging em on first impression, going for a sesh after work to see how they feel on board.
Wow sorry, didn't realise I was dealing with a sick cunt here

JM

• SLAP Pal
  • sup dog
« Reply #9139 on: February 22, 2024, 05:36:31 PM »

South Central Boards

Could you post their website please? My googling skills failed me.

apport

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 296
« Reply #9140 on: February 22, 2024, 07:17:05 PM »
Expand Quote

South Central Boards

[close]
lol it’s literally the first result
https://www.mikeduffygang.com/baltimoreboardbrewery
3 custom boards for $90, very tempting

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #9141 on: February 22, 2024, 11:03:35 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

South Central Boards

[close]
[close]
Damn, people in the US have it so easy. Jealous.
Expand Quote
[close]

As Fuck.

Ant

• Rep: 40
« Reply #9142 on: February 23, 2024, 12:04:11 AM »
One of the local shops did blind bags for Skate Shop Day. You could choose a width. So I thought I'd try something different and went 9". I've got some Ace 55 classics not being used.

This what I got, graphic makes sense if you are from here. Very long wheelbase was thinking it might be a wall hanger but I guess one of the reasons I'd not use the Aces was the short wheelbase on the Dane1 they were purchased for.

DakotaRed

• Rep: 24
« Reply #9143 on: February 23, 2024, 06:58:14 AM »
One of the local shops did blind bags for Skate Shop Day. You could choose a width. So I thought I'd try something different and went 9". I've got some Ace 55 classics not being used.

This what I got, graphic makes sense if you are from here. Very long wheelbase was thinking it might be a wall hanger but I guess one of the reasons I'd not use the Aces was the short wheelbase on the Dane1 they were purchased for.

Sick graphic!

LeDave

• Rep: -1
    • Dave Le Photography avatar image
« Reply #9144 on: February 23, 2024, 02:17:27 PM »
I know I've only been skating for about a week. However I could not resist not buying this at the store. It was love at first sight.

« Last Edit: February 23, 2024, 03:59:56 PM by LeDave »

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1113
« Reply #9145 on: February 23, 2024, 02:59:44 PM »

this graphic is nice!
i love ace classic 55s.

sometimes a long wheelbase board is the best! i’ve been a 14” wb person for most of my skating life, but my current favorite boards is just shy of 14.5” wb.
and for what it is worth, my best ace trucks setups have been on short wheelbase boards. i was reminded of this yet again, with a 14” wb board and af1 44s.

JM

• SLAP Pal
  • sup dog
« Reply #9146 on: February 23, 2024, 05:27:00 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

South Central Boards

[close]
[close]
Well I don’t know what to say: it wouldn’t come up for me. I use brave browser and duck duck go search.

Thanks, appreciate it.

TwisT

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #9147 on: February 23, 2024, 06:37:29 PM »
I know I've only been skating for about a week. However I could not resist not buying this at the store. It was love at first sight.

DGK makes the best and worst graphics

JM

• SLAP Pal
  • sup dog
« Reply #9148 on: February 23, 2024, 06:47:09 PM »

What up Sir Dave?

Have you seen the latest DGK? I thought maybe this was the one you saw and liked. I thought it was pretty rad.

Pasta Monster

« Reply #9149 on: February 24, 2024, 05:51:08 AM »

SSD haul
I have to finish skating a Heroin egg so I can use the trucks for the Gonz. I’m not sure whether I want to go for Thunders or Independents on the Wilkins board. The Ishod is the only one I’m not skating, but I’m going to set it up on my 40th birthday.