Author Topic: Mental Health Issues  (Read 39652 times)

matty_c

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 459
Re: Mental Health Issues
« Reply #480 on: October 03, 2020, 12:17:55 AM »
Everyone is different for sure and everyone is gonna react to stimuli differently I just wanna put this here. I listened to this on my worst mornings and I believe 100% the audio here got me get out of bed. I’m not religious at all I suppose one can justify anything to oneself I guess I gloss over the jesus bits. I reckon there’s a good message here, at least I feel it helped me

Jesus gonna turn you all off fr but please have a go at the audio. There’s quotes through the whole part, ideally one would listen through

Sorry for posting religious stuff. I’m not religious at all, but I did get a lot out of this

And at worst you get a facemelter surf part
Can’t lose, cunt
listen to cosmic psychos

Sila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 337
  • Jamu Gost
« Reply #481 on: October 03, 2020, 01:52:51 AM »
Ive been thinking about going to therapy and have actually discussed it with a cousin that went to therapy  but i just cant get myself to do it, anytime i think about it i just feel like i just dont want to talk about anything to anyone, much less talk about shit thats going around in my head that i cant even explain.

Hey I struggle with the same stuff. I've never gone past five sessions with a psychologist. I start to feel exhausted talking about my own problems and health. If you can get past it though, a psychologist will really help you break down your mental habits and and try and get to the source of your issues.

It might feel selfish, stupid, or trivial at times when talking about your own stuff but verbalizing it can feel incredibly powerful and liberating.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2020, 05:18:06 AM by Sila »

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 963
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #482 on: October 03, 2020, 04:38:00 AM »
Expand Quote
Ive been thinking about going to therapy and have actually discussed it with a cousin that went to therapy  but i just cant get myself to do it, anytime i think about it i just feel like i just dont want to talk about anything to anyone, much less talk about shit thats going around in my head that i cant even explain.

[close]

Hey I struggle with the same stuff. I've never gone past five sessions with a psychologist. I start to feel exhausted talking about my own problems and health. If you can get past it though, a psychologist will really help you break down your mental habits and and try and get to the source of your issues.

It might feel selfish, stupid or trivial at times when talking about your own issues. But verbalizing it can feel incredibly powerful and liberating.

I didn't talk to my therapist for the first 6 visits.

I just made labels and played the guitar

Then I started talking about music and skateboarding.

You can't do whatever you want at the therapist.
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

Featherdale wildlife park

« Reply #483 on: October 03, 2020, 07:55:40 AM »
Just breaking ice here. I’m not ready just yet.

Ms. Tamzarian

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 727
  • I like dork tricks :/
« Reply #484 on: October 03, 2020, 09:30:19 AM »
Oh fuck yes, I was looking for this thread for a minute the other night. Could not find it for some reason. Here it is!

There's never any shame with having a hard time verbalizing mental illness and / or mental health problems. It's really fucking difficult. The nature of it is that it tries to contain itself, while simultaneously begging to be heard. It really is a crushing intersection of feelings.

But I believe in you all! Today is not so bad for me, but I have what's called Schizotypal Personality-Disorder. Every day is a lottery of whether my symptoms will be terrible or... bearable. But I like to say it's all about getting through one Okay at a time. All it takes is one Okay, and then it's on to the next!

I failed more times than I'd like to admit, trying to get the help I needed. I had at least 5 therapists, all of whom I abandoned one by one. I just wasn't ready for years.

This year was my breaking point. I decided to get a psychological evaluation. I knew I was ready. Financial strain aside, it saved my life (that plus falling in love shortly thereafter, which by no means was mere coincidence ;D).

I have no idea what I'm getting at - but I just want to say, do what you can to stay safe. Everything else will work out in time. Your heart will alert you when it's ready. May we all have luck on our side, and the right people around to listen. At least here, the shalomies have your backs!

Mental illness fucking sucks. Nothing but shaloms to you all 8) It takes such beautiful courage to open up about pain. May the same beauty reflect right back at you!

Grind King Rims

« Reply #485 on: October 03, 2020, 11:27:34 AM »
Gnarred

funeral_tuxedo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1159
  • old and in the way
« Reply #486 on: October 03, 2020, 01:21:08 PM »
This is one of my favorite threads. I'm dual diagnosis: mental health issues and addiction issues, and it took a long time for me to get help. Even with support systems in place I still struggle and I really appreciate you all sharing about what you go through. Mental health can be such an uphill battle and there are days when I feel like I'm a lost cause or back at square one again. Anyways, this audio of DFW talking about the importance of empathy can often help me get out from under the doom cloud in my head aka my default setting. Love and Shalom <3

« Last Edit: October 14, 2020, 03:08:58 PM by funeral_tuxedo »

fs1/2cab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 620
    • a short part avatar image
« Reply #487 on: October 07, 2020, 01:30:37 PM »
I don't really know where to start here pals.
My english isn't the best but I will try anyway.
I battled depressions and social anxieties for 15 years. After years of therapies and medications I am down to only one pill a day.
So in europe the days are getting shorter and all that fall stuff will be here soon.
This is a hard time for many people.
Three years ago I tried to end my life.
I have no right to and will not judge anyone of you.
We can all make it through that shit, even if it doesn't seem like that right now. There is always light after darkness.
Always.

If anyone wants to talk, hit me up. Write me a DM or here.
Much love from east Germany and keep ya head up pals.

<3

PMA
IG: @flowterspace

drewsmahgoos

• Rep: 6
« Reply #488 on: October 10, 2020, 01:31:31 PM »
I don't really know where to start here pals.
My english isn't the best but I will try anyway.
I battled depressions and social anxieties for 15 years. After years of therapies and medications I am down to only one pill a day.
So in europe the days are getting shorter and all that fall stuff will be here soon.
This is a hard time for many people.
Three years ago I tried to end my life.
I have no right to and will not judge anyone of you.
We can all make it through that shit, even if it doesn't seem like that right now. There is always light after darkness.
Always.

If anyone wants to talk, hit me up. Write me a DM or here.
Much love from east Germany and keep ya head up pals.

<3

PMA

echoing this sentiment. Currently struggling a lot with drugs and anxiety but I'm here if anyone wants to talk

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 719
  • F.A.P. - Forever Alone Party
« Reply #489 on: October 12, 2020, 01:07:17 AM »
I just got kicked out of a CBT group. We met through microsoft teams and i missed too many meetings because of my work. I'm not sure how I felt about the group anyway. There was a lot of homework and I didn't form any relationships with other members. It never didn't feel weird.

Anyway, among other things a part of my depression has long been my involuntary celibacy. I've been able to put sex largely out of mind for a short while, but the urges came rearing it's ugly head again recently. I think it has to do with my general state of wellbeing. If I'm feeling too shitty, sex isn't a thing I think of as much. If I start to do a little better, sex enters my mind again and in turn I feel shitty again. I don't know how to get past any of my sex issues for good besides killing my libido by getting neutered or some shit. Seems like a godsend. I don't know. More than anything I just want to be close with a woman, intercourse or not.

I'm on that suicidal ideation train again. Not that I ever disembarked, but I took a seat instead of hovering around the exit. Metaphors are fun. I just get so dejected with life on top of this crippling loneliness. Why should I go to work again? Do I have to struggle for money forever? Will I always be a fat piece of shit? Is food the only pleasure in life? Will I ever stop being scared of everything? Will skateboarding ever be fun again? Why should I care if Trump wins again? Is fascism the future? Whatthefuckever! I continue down the path of least resistance. At least until I hit a wall. Ignore this post.
Before you say the music sucked, have you considered shutting the fuck up?

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #490 on: October 12, 2020, 05:43:51 AM »
Sorry wrong video but I'll leave it.

I try to live in the service of others
(A)pl(E)

EdLawndale

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1095
    • My Wife avatar image
« Reply #491 on: October 12, 2020, 03:01:07 PM »
I don't know how to get past any of my sex issues for good besides killing my libido by getting neutered or some shit.

Definitely don't do that
"Was just about to say, wtf is up with this EdLawndale guy?"

funeral_tuxedo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1159
  • old and in the way
« Reply #492 on: October 12, 2020, 03:49:19 PM »
I just got kicked out of a CBT group. We met through microsoft teams and i missed too many meetings because of my work. I'm not sure how I felt about the group anyway. There was a lot of homework and I didn't form any relationships with other members. It never didn't feel weird.

Anyway, among other things a part of my depression has long been my involuntary celibacy. I've been able to put sex largely out of mind for a short while, but the urges came rearing it's ugly head again recently. I think it has to do with my general state of wellbeing. If I'm feeling too shitty, sex isn't a thing I think of as much. If I start to do a little better, sex enters my mind again and in turn I feel shitty again. I don't know how to get past any of my sex issues for good besides killing my libido by getting neutered or some shit. Seems like a godsend. I don't know. More than anything I just want to be close with a woman, intercourse or not.

I'm on that suicidal ideation train again. Not that I ever disembarked, but I took a seat instead of hovering around the exit. Metaphors are fun. I just get so dejected with life on top of this crippling loneliness. Why should I go to work again? Do I have to struggle for money forever? Will I always be a fat piece of shit? Is food the only pleasure in life? Will I ever stop being scared of everything? Will skateboarding ever be fun again? Why should I care if Trump wins again? Is fascism the future? Whatthefuckever! I continue down the path of least resistance. At least until I hit a wall. Ignore this post.

Hey L33Tg33k. I'm sorry to hear that you're struggling right now. Do you have any support systems in place since you've left your CBT group? You can DM if you're comfortable doing that. I can't offer much in the way of solutions but I can relate.

fakie butt drop

• Rep: 12
  • it is what it is
« Reply #493 on: October 12, 2020, 06:05:28 PM »
been battling a pretty severe depression for over 10 years and in the last few months 4 out of my 6 best friends have tried to threatened committing suicide. have been going off the rails with drinking lately and been so much of a crutch to my friends that are going through it worse that i dont really have time to think about the way that i feel. gets draining living in a skate house with a junkie and a drunk and i would move but i dont have a steady enough job/head or any money to get out. feel stuck a lot. cant afford to buy a guitar (writing music is my main source of therapy). no lock on the door to my room and my friends are constantly barging in to vent to me because im "the level headed one with the advice". they all know that im unstable and still put me through it. have never tried to kill myself because i couldnt do that to my mom/sister/friends- but have always thought that if i could hit a button and never have existed- i would without much thought.

Grind King Rims

« Reply #494 on: October 23, 2020, 10:51:50 AM »
been battling a pretty severe depression for over 10 years and in the last few months 4 out of my 6 best friends have tried to threatened committing suicide. have been going off the rails with drinking lately and been so much of a crutch to my friends that are going through it worse that i dont really have time to think about the way that i feel. gets draining living in a skate house with a junkie and a drunk and i would move but i dont have a steady enough job/head or any money to get out. feel stuck a lot. cant afford to buy a guitar (writing music is my main source of therapy). no lock on the door to my room and my friends are constantly barging in to vent to me because im "the level headed one with the advice". they all know that im unstable and still put me through it. have never tried to kill myself because i couldnt do that to my mom/sister/friends- but have always thought that if i could hit a button and never have existed- i would without much thought.

Hey sorry for the late reply. I'm sorry you're going through a hard time. It's good you have friends around you but it sounds like maybe they're not the most supportive. Maybe taking a break from drinking as much would be good. Especially as the weather gets worse, I know there's not as much to do, but it's good to take a break every now and again.

Maybe have a look in thrift stores for a guitar or other instrument? Gumtree, craigslist, facebook marketplace... You never know what you mind find, there's stuff out there.

I would recommend both talking to your friends about barging into your room and also trying to fashion some kind of DIY door lock. I know what it's like to live in a place with little privacy and it can be really taxing on your head.

I hope you find some solace soon pal. <3

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #495 on: October 24, 2020, 05:07:32 AM »

That's awful. I been there except it was a punk house.

Those friends I was hold up poorly folded up on me time and time again.

I'm not saying cut ties but junkies and drunks are weight. Be prepared for them to let you down.

I would demand they get help.

If you live near mass I'll give you a guitar if you come get it.
(A)pl(E)

drewsmahgoos

• Rep: 6
« Reply #496 on: October 28, 2020, 04:48:49 PM »

Hey dude I've been there if you want to talk. Tried to off myself before. Some guy I barely knew found me on the street and dropped me at a hospital after eating about 12,000mg of seroquel(give or take a thousand) and I walked into the waiting room, fell over and stopped breathing within minutes. I was in a coma and then mentally regular for about a week and they didn't know if I'd ever come out of it. I did, lol. I've thought a lot about suicide and it's a big reason why I went back to hard drugs. If you ever want to talk just pm me. I can even give you my cell if you're legit ever in a crisis. Things aren't always easy. If you need help I'm here to talk and that honestly goes for whomever on here.

Freelancevagrant

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1560
« Reply #497 on: October 28, 2020, 05:02:34 PM »

If you ever need to talk shoot me a dm, I have a lot experience with being in cbt, dealing with suicidal ideations (and attempts), crippling depression and paralyzing apathy.
Wishing you the best my dude.
Well I have like 9 Andy Anderson dated flight decks.

girlfriendplease

• Rep: -22
  • i can shuv it, 5050, bslide, kickflip, and nocompl
« Reply #498 on: October 29, 2020, 08:28:45 PM »
in everyones opinion are psychological assessment tests worth it? would be awesome to get some information on how helpful they are.
i care

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #499 on: October 30, 2020, 06:14:37 AM »
I hate everything
(A)pl(E)

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #500 on: October 30, 2020, 07:18:33 AM »
in everyones opinion are psychological assessment tests worth it? would be awesome to get some information on how helpful they are.

May help.

I have had so many that I have no idea what's wrong with me.

PTSD is the only thing they all agree on.
(A)pl(E)

Sluggloaph

• Rep: 25
« Reply #501 on: October 30, 2020, 01:21:09 PM »
I hate everything
Same. I really fight that tendency but usually to no avail, I say it so much, it's a real bummer. And like that I hate that I said bummer and that I'm trying to engage anonymously on a skate forum. So mostly I just hate myself.
Whatever, right?
You seem lika a doap dude, yer set ups an thriftiness are a joy to read. Keep yer head up, or dont, everything sucks.
Whoa. Danger.

Sila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 337
  • Jamu Gost
« Reply #502 on: October 31, 2020, 05:09:55 AM »

I don't know if they help. Here in Australia they only seem to be ordered for people going into particular fields of work and people with extreme learning difficulties.

Are you seeing a psychologist? Basically if a psychologist hasn't referred an assessment you probably don't need one.

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #503 on: October 31, 2020, 06:16:02 AM »
Expand Quote
I hate everything
[close]
Same. I really fight that tendency but usually to no avail, I say it so much, it's a real bummer. And like that I hate that I said bummer and that I'm trying to engage anonymously on a skate forum. So mostly I just hate myself.
Whatever, right?
You seem lika a doap dude, yer set ups an thriftiness are a joy to read. Keep yer head up, or dont, everything sucks.

Shalom
(A)pl(E)

Yoshi

• Rep: 0
« Reply #504 on: November 08, 2020, 02:59:40 AM »
After years on meds for my anxiety & depression, I finally felt in a decent enough place to start coming off them.  Then the government announces another month long lockdown... fuck.  I’m gonna try and do it though. Only a month, should be fine right?  :-\

Grind King Rims

« Reply #505 on: November 08, 2020, 05:03:23 AM »
Got a call back from a therapy centre that I contacted a couple of months ago. I had to turn them down because it's €80 a week and I'm sure I can't afford that. Kind of a bummer to have to turn away an offer for therapy just because of the cost, especially after being on the waiting list for so long. I'm on a waiting list for another place that has sliding scale payment, so it's probably a longer wait but would be good in the long run.

Grind King Rims

« Reply #506 on: November 08, 2020, 05:05:57 AM »
After years on meds for my anxiety & depression, I finally felt in a decent enough place to start coming off them.  Then the government announces another month long lockdown... fuck.  I’m gonna try and do it though. Only a month, should be fine right?  :-\

It could be good for a break, just for perspective, but maybe you should consult your doctor before you do, because transitioning on/off certain medications can be kind of tumultuous and it might not be the best idea to hop on/off in that amount of time.

In any case, I hope you're doing well and looking after yourself. Check-in daily and see how you feel.

Yoshi

« Reply #507 on: November 08, 2020, 05:32:55 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

It could be good for a break, just for perspective, but maybe you should consult your doctor before you do, because transitioning on/off certain medications can be kind of tumultuous and it might not be the best idea to hop on/off in that amount of time.

In any case, I hope you're doing well and looking after yourself. Check-in daily and see how you feel.

Thanks mate. Haven’t had the dreaded comedown from it yet, it’s been about a week so I’m hoping I’ve avoided it

Idk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 304
« Reply #508 on: November 08, 2020, 05:53:00 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Thanks mate. Haven’t had the dreaded comedown from it yet, it’s been about a week so I’m hoping I’ve avoided it
You got this homie.

Yoshi

« Reply #509 on: November 08, 2020, 06:27:33 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
You got this homie.

Thanks mate   :)