Author Topic: Dekline Footwear R.I.P.  (Read 7934 times)

Deepern0ah

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 26
Dekline Footwear R.I.P.
« on: October 22, 2015, 08:30:55 AM »

Posted by Chad Tim Tim on instagram. Said, "I am very proud on what we accomplished. True Blue is an amazing video and I am thankful to be a part of such a talented group of individual. Thank you shops, skaters, and everyone that helped support us. It was fun while it lasted. Thank you Dekline footwear for supporting me and my family over the past couple of years. R.I.P."

Wishing this was a April fools joke or something. Unfortunantly I see more of this happening in the future.

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 144
Re: Dekline Footwear R.I.P.
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2015, 08:36:12 AM »
^Whats it sayin about womens SL

Lonechicken

• Rep: 11
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2015, 08:45:50 AM »
No clearance sale on their site.  :(

What's worth getting? Tim Tim's and his slip on?

Deepern0ah

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 26
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2015, 08:50:27 AM »
No clearance sale on their site.  :(

What's worth getting? Tim Tim's and his slip on?

Had the Tim Tims, they were great. The Dakotas also look very promising , but I feel you cant really go wrong. 

art hellman

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1181
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2015, 08:51:51 AM »
blaming it on the kids doesn't seem like a classy exit...
hardly art, hardly starving

BMCsteve

« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2015, 09:19:16 AM »
They've always had the most boring line of shoes in the industry so it's not surprising.  To my knowledge they never put out a single cup sole so I never seriously considered buying a pair

Dr Steve Brule

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 68
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2015, 09:21:13 AM »
I don't really blame them I guess. Kids are paying twice as much for Nike Janoskis instead of an identical pair of Deklines that are skater-owned.

I always wanted to buy some Deklines, but the shop around here is so obsessed with Nike that hardly anything else ever gets on the shelves.
For Your Health

foureyedjim

« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2015, 09:22:17 AM »
It's quoted off a magazine...

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 316
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2015, 10:00:06 AM »
Their last batch of shoes actually looked pretty good. I would say they looked better than Fallen and Filament at least.

I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

heritage

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 98
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2015, 10:18:06 AM »

This. And I also saw some weak ass shit on IG with people blaming the corpos which isn't entirely true either.

As for Dekline shoes - I gave them several looks, I WANTED to support them. And I'm not talking at 6PM.com closeout prices. I bought 3 different models at full boat. The Tim Tim looks great, but they fit like shit and feel cheap. Terrible shoe. The Bennett 2 looks great, but the fit was sloppy.

Don't blame someone else for your own shortcomings. The truth hurts, and Dekline shoes just aren't worth the money when there are better options available for a few dollars more. The shoe game is a dog eat dog world and Dekline didn't cut it. Has nothing to do with skater owned. I am all for skater owned as much as the next guy, but if the product is inferior I'm not just blindly opening my wallet.

art hellman

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1181
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2015, 10:39:41 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

you're right...

I guess my point is best summed up by Heritage above...Dekline's failure has nothing to do with kids not buying them because they were skater owned.   
hardly art, hardly starving

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2015, 10:50:12 AM »
They've always had the most boring line of shoes in the industry so it's not surprising.  To my knowledge they never put out a single cup sole so I never seriously considered buying a pair
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

Joust Ostrich

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 664
  • Speculatnaciousness?
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2015, 10:59:40 AM »

They've actually had plenty, I skated at least five different ones.  For example, here is a Melcher shoe I had that was quite good.

But this is at least seven years ago.
I'm posting from my blackberry wtf?!?!?

Mr. Kamikazi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -115
  • 1,2,3,4, tell the people what she wore...
« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2015, 11:04:29 AM »
Tim Tim for HUF
Fuck Nick Merlino
Dakota on Vans
Ryan Spencer on Adidas or Cons
Jaws on Nike (who cares though)
Matt Bennet is already wearing New Balances
Hardy on Osiris, again, if that happened?

nino brown

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1416
  • only nerds kook people
« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2015, 12:34:20 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

They've actually had plenty, I skated at least five different ones.  For example, here is a Melcher shoe I had that was quite good.

hahaha you actually bought this ugly ass shit lol no shame

dekline is finally gone

ohhgreenworld

« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2015, 01:57:22 PM »
As much as it does sadden me that they will gone, it makes sense.
I never went into my local shop and quickly admit my admiration for a dekline shoe on the shelf.

It seemed as if it was a filler something that your eyes would glance over looking for the next shoe.
I wonder where the team will end up.

Jaws -ok
Servold -slim chances
Spencer -gone
Merlino -gone
TimTim - slim chances
Bennett - ok
Hardy -ok
burke -gone
wilson - slim chances
joey -slim chances

Such

« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2015, 03:55:35 PM »
jaws on huf. or etnies. fallen is the next one to go.

Filip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -57
« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2015, 04:10:15 PM »
jaws on huf. or etnies. fallen is the next one to go.

I dont think Fallen is going anywhere, now that they are under Dwindle.

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2015, 04:10:59 PM »
The world's most boring skater will probably end up on Emerica through the Leo Romero connection. A bunch of these dudes will probably end up on Osiris.
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

Joust Ostrich

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 664
  • Speculatnaciousness?
« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2015, 04:27:39 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
hahaha you actually bought this ugly ass shit lol no shame

dekline is finally gone
I got a box of them for free, so hahaha all the way to the free shoe bank.   And I felt no shame promoting an actual skateboard shoe company.
I'm posting from my blackberry wtf?!?!?

144p

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1078
    • 35th Ave Skates avatar image
« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2015, 06:06:03 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

you're right...

I guess my point is best summed up by Heritage above...Dekline's failure has nothing to do with kids not buying them because they were skater owned.   

I spend a decent amount of time talking with kids and what influences their buying as far as shoes go.
I do hear a few who are devoted to small brands but they always find them for cheap.
I've done my best to convince a few to try something, only for them to come back bummed and searing the shoe wall for a Nike/Adidas/Cons shoe around $60 or less. The level of quality from the small brands is inconsistent at best, and most people won't shoe goo or take other proactive measures to prolong the life of them.
It's a case by case thing, some dudes make sub par Vans last 3 months, I've seen other kids burn through Emerica Leo Laced in 2 days.

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2015, 06:23:06 PM »
True Blue was amazing, maybe the most underrated video of all time. Their team was seriously stacked, the shoes looked great (never saw em in stores though) Their riders will have no problem finding new shoe sponsors

I think they needed better distribution networks, different name, better advertising etc etc. From what I hear the actual shoes were great so they didn't go under from bad product. This seems like a good chance to say FUCK NIKE

pinch a loaf

« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2015, 07:34:49 PM »
jaws + best friends with raybourn = Nike

Level 60 Dwarf Paladin

« Reply #23 on: October 22, 2015, 07:35:38 PM »
I mixed this company up with that screamo Macbeth company, so I never wanted their shoes. I'm sure Larry Perkins is bummed, but that's probably it.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 133
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #24 on: October 22, 2015, 07:56:38 PM »
I think they needed better distribution networks ... From what I hear the actual shoes were great so they didn't go under from bad product. This seems like a good chance to say FUCK NIKE

Ugh, I'm agreeing with Tracer about something, I almost feel dirty :-X
I would have been happy to support them ... had I actually ever seen their shoes on any shelves. But yes, farewell independently-owned skate shoe companies, bow down to your new overlord. I hope you all enjoy our new regime :'(

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Sold Out

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 94
« Reply #25 on: October 22, 2015, 08:32:18 PM »
Dekline ran their brand pretty shitty at the start, I was working at a core shop and we offered to pick up some shoes (and we would have hyped them as a cool core alternative), then as we were putting orders together they called us to tell us they were also going to open the shitty surf shop down the street (we are nowhere near an ocean). We immediately said "Ok well they can have you guys, bye!". That surf shop ended up dropping them a few seasons later.

Spaced Cadet

• Rep: 113
« Reply #26 on: October 22, 2015, 10:41:24 PM »
I felt like they improved so much since their awkward beginning. After seeing True Blue it seemed like they were finally really getting into their groove. Its a shame they are ending so quickly after putting out such a great video. Having said that I've never owned a pair of Dekline. I looked at a pair of Matt Bennett pro models and they felt like a rock made of canvas with a non removable insole. So maybe they should go.

Wonder whats going on at Tum Yeto. Did they bite off more than they can chew with Alien and Habitat?

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1582
« Reply #27 on: October 22, 2015, 11:32:22 PM »
These shoes were intended for shops who couldn't get any other shoes....or for shops that sold so much shit....hey....whatever....we'll buy some of these too....

As misguided as things were....good thing swank didn't sacrifice his whole empire.....knew when to fold em....

Paul Cicero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -292
« Reply #28 on: October 23, 2015, 02:47:16 AM »
Bummer.

handsclapanin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 285
« Reply #29 on: October 23, 2015, 08:10:02 AM »
To my knowledge they never put out a single cup sole so I never seriously considered buying a pair

Yeah, my old ass feet can't handle a vulc. My one and only pair of Deklines was this pair. The Dalton. It was a cupsole. I got them a year ago. I tried on my normal size at the shop. They felt a little snug, but I figured they would stretch out. Wrong. They ended up pinching my toes. So I only skated them 1 day. If I had gone up a half size, I think it would have been a good shoe.