Author Topic: Which ridiculously talented skateboarder would benefit most from a make over?  (Read 11433 times)

SHARPSHOOTER

This topic is the total opposite of "Danny Way prepares for Ultra Megaramp"

dillanharp

All this thread has done is make me want to buy a ben davis work shirt tomorrow.

franquietits

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 64
I don't know, maybe a sammy/silas swap would work?

Retox

• Rep: -47
This thread on the whole is entertaining as hell.
The Baca fashion debate is brilliant in its own right. I'm hoping everyone here knows he was 16 through filming for Slaughterhouse when he was consistently rocking the same ACDC gear etc?

One skater that could definitley benefit from a make over would be our friend Chris Cole (yes, another make over). With his plain looking gear and Monster jerseys / wristbands it's getting harder and harder to defend him with every bit of footage that comes out. I'm not asking for much, just chuck your headband back on every now and then or rock those white jeans again. Morally speaking, your monster repping is reprehensible, but at the same time I get why you're doing it. I'm having a hard time coming to terms with it, I think I'll go have a lie down.

Chris's wife if you still lurk slap, please hire him a stylist ASAP.

Also I can't wait to see the how those new FA kids skate with a coke or dope habit.

Bliz

• Rep: -35

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 145
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
Expand Quote
by far the gayest topic i seen here :-*
[close]

you lie! there's 200+ pages of multiple shoe threads in the gear forum; we are waaaay more concerned about our gear than any gay person is

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Crybaby Shithead

• Rep: -44
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

you lie! there's 200+ pages of multiple shoe threads in the gear forum; we are waaaay more concerned about our gear than any gay person is

i don't think u understand homophobia but u seem to mean well i'll let this slide

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 145
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
↑ "gay" person*
« Last Edit: March 17, 2015, 11:44:16 PM by Gay Imp Sausage Metal »

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

posguy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -54
Honestly, I'd be more stoked on Nyjah if he chilled the fuck out. Grow your dreads back, smoke some weed, stop buying clothes from Women's Gap and step down from the SL spot light. I thought little Nyjah was cool. We get it, you're the best, and was a little more relatable for skaters. Plus his fan base of teen girls and MILFs is fucking annoying. Standard conversation after someone asks if you skate.... Do you like Nyjah? He's my favorite. He's the best in the world.

Also how do you put a Lil Wayne song to a video part that has a Rasta lion in the title screen and then a video to Metallica's Fade to Black....

Expand Quote
[close]

All in favor of changing his name to Adolf Bitchler?
« Last Edit: March 19, 2015, 10:59:18 AM by posguy »

Ron Zapata

• Rep: 0
Honestly, I'd be more stoked on Nyjah if he chilled the fuck out. Grow your dreads back, smoke some weed, stop buying clothes from Women's Gap and step down from the SL spot light. I thought little Nyjah was cool. We get it, you're the best, and was a little more relatable for skaters. Plus his fan base of teen girls and MILFs is fucking annoying. Standard conversation after someone asks if you skate.... Do you like Nyjah? He's my favorite. He's the best in the world.

Also how do you put a Lil Wayne song to a video part that has a Rasta lion in the title screen and then a video to Metallica's Fade to Black....

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

It's pretty obvius really. He wanted to win SOTY... Thrasher has an image of a metal/punk magazine (because its THRASHer) and he tried to fit that image by skating to metal... but without isolating his fanbase of teenage girls and moms, so he skated to Metallica.

I actually don't mind him and his skating is awesome to watch but I agree with you the whole thing feels so forced and contrived.... It's like he has his own personal marketing team shaping the image for what ever (image) is trying to be sold at the moment. That will work with the masses and get you money. But not with slap message board users...

lickcakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 201
  • breathcakes
andrew allen is hot
This isn't directly relevant to the topic, human. We all know that.

Unless you mean that you want an reverse make-over to how he looked on Anti-Hero?... though he is sexier like that, I'm happy about how silly he looks now.

posguy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -54
Expand Quote

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

It's pretty obvius really. He wanted to win SOTY... Thrasher has an image of a metal/punk magazine (because its THRASHer) and he tried to fit that image by skating to metal... but without isolating his fanbase of teenage girls and moms, so he skated to Metallica.

I actually don't mind him and his skating is awesome to watch but I agree with you the whole thing feels so forced and contrived.... It's like he has his own personal marketing team shaping the image for what ever (image) is trying to be sold at the moment. That will work with the masses and get you money. But not with slap message board users...

I agree that he wanted to win SOTY, we all see how that's worked out though. He kinda missed the metal look and went straight to christian school boy. David Gonzalez and Chris Haslam (had) has the metal look down. Chris had shoes named after Sabaton that featured viking art.

Besides you don't have to be metal to get Thrasher's SOTY, look at Mark Appleyard, Marc Johnson (not sure what kind of music he would listen to) and Daewon Song. I fully believe if Lewis Marnell was still alive he'd get SOTY on of these years. Guy had so much talent. I feel like it's given to those who have their shit together and do it well no matter what image it is. For me his skating is a little robotic and since I don't skate rails or stairs, I can't really relate whereas I dig Matt Miller and Ryan Gallant cause of their style and they do a lot of ledge tricks.

Edit:
I felt Geoff's pick for last years SOTY pretty much summed up why someone should be SOTY. "My pick for SOTY this year is Tommy Sandoval, dude's a beast! He's been gunning it for the last bunch of years and embodies the spirit of raw street skating; 101% Thrasher style."
« Last Edit: March 24, 2015, 07:19:29 AM by posguy »

Gino Pappalardo

• Rep: -4
I don't know, maybe a sammy/silas swap would work?

Baca on adidas. Confirmed.

Greg

• Rep: -43
  • CRUSTY PALMS
    • // 1017 GLO GANG // FREE MAX B // FREE GUCCI // STREET MONEY // BLACKLAND // HOTHEADS // FUCKOUTTAHERE // avatar image
pretty much any nigga on dgk
| FUCK JAMIE THOMAS | IT'S CURTAINS |