Author Topic: Emerica containment thread  (Read 52408 times)

jwdharris

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -2
    • www.vimeo.com/jwdharris avatar image
Emerica containment thread
« on: May 14, 2023, 10:43:35 AM »
Here goes!

jwdharris

• Rep: -2
    • www.vimeo.com/jwdharris avatar image
Re: Emerica containment thread
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2023, 10:48:45 AM »
First off thanks to Emerica TM for all the responses and brand info. All very much appreciated.

Ended up grabbing some more Spanky G6 and Slip Cups today.

DanRar009

• Rep: 58
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2023, 10:57:15 AM »
Bought the all black figgy g6s love the shoe, sometimes it’s nice to skate a slimmed down shoe and even nicer since it’s got the g6 sole and not a floppy vulc one that’d destroy my knees and back

overwaxed

• Rep: 92
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2023, 11:22:45 AM »
If they brought back the Templeton 1 it would be all I'd skate - favorite shoe ever!

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 248
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2023, 11:39:43 AM »
If they brought back the Templeton 1 it would be all I'd skate - favorite shoe ever!

Been saying that on here for years

French manicure

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 281
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2023, 11:44:31 AM »
It was a dope shoe. I liked all of Ed's shoes now that I think back on it.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 865
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2023, 11:47:22 AM »
Templeton 1 upper on og sole would prob make as much sense as heretic upper on og sole. (Og as in the MJ remake)

Allen.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 740
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2023, 12:11:38 PM »
Bummer the figgy g6 and ksl g6 are being phased out soon, and to a slightly lesser extent, the Gamma g6. That pour in shit is amazing and, although this is a super specific need for me, the collar on those shoes is great for those of us who developed haglunds deformity on their Achilles tendon.

What up Tim, tell Michael what’s up for me
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

WorldsbestWeedsm0ker

• Rep: -158
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2023, 12:21:52 PM »
Idk what purpose I’m posting these old emericas tho

waved and warped
RIP fugluk (Tristan)

SlapTM

• Rep: 242
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2023, 01:10:14 PM »
Thank you Jwdharris for creating this thread. Glad we finally have a place to discuss Emerica and not clog up the upcoming shoes thread.

First off thanks to Emerica TM for all the responses and brand info. All very much appreciated.

Of course, always glad to come on here share everything I can. Thank you for the support and hope you like them!

Bought the all black figgy g6s love the shoe, sometimes it’s nice to skate a slimmed down shoe and even nicer since it’s got the g6 sole and not a floppy vulc one that’d destroy my knees and back
Stoked, that black to the floor colorway is so rad.The Figgy G6 really is great. Slim upper with medial mesh windows for breathability and sock liners so they're not floppy or loose. If you want to see more about the Figgy G6, here's a testimonial from Figgy that we just released last week discussing the features and how he came about the design.

Expand Quote
[close]

Expand Quote
[close]

Can't speak too much on it yet but we are in the early stages of getting something with Ed in the works that I think a lot of people will be stoked on.

Bummer the figgy g6 and ksl g6 are being phased out soon, and to a slightly lesser extent, the Gamma g6. That pour in shit is amazing and, although this is a super specific need for me, the collar on those shoes is great for those of us who developed haglunds deformity on their Achilles tendon.

There's no plans to phase out the Figgy G6 as of now so it's still in the line for awhile. KSL G6 still has new colorways dropping in the next couple months as well as a second Julian Gamma G6.

Will let Michael know! Really stoked to have someone who is a younger skate rat as well as a long time loyal fan and on top of what's going on in skateboarding now designing our footwear plus he rips!

Also, for anybody interested there are some shops that are taking pre-orders on the new colorways of the OG-1 dropping soon.

https://www.firstgearskateshop.com/product/emerica-og-1-navy-pre-order/5427
https://www.firstgearskateshop.com/product/emerica-og-1-black-white-pre-order/5428

https://www.krudco.com/products/emerica-og-1-navy-reissue-pre-order?variant=43826797773020
https://www.krudco.com/products/emerica-og-1-black-white-pre-order?variant=43878457409756

overwaxed

« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2023, 01:26:25 PM »
Thank you Jwdharris for creating this thread. Glad we finally have a place to discuss Emerica and not clog up the upcoming shoes thread.

Expand Quote

[close]
Of course, always glad to come on here share everything I can. Thank you for the support and hope you like them!

Expand Quote
[close]
Stoked, that black to the floor colorway is so rad.The Figgy G6 really is great. Slim upper with medial mesh windows for breathability and sock liners so they're not floppy or loose. If you want to see more about the Figgy G6, here's a testimonial from Figgy that we just released last week discussing the features and how he came about the design.

Expand Quote
[close]

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Can't speak too much on it yet but we are in the early stages of getting something with Ed in the works that I think a lot of people will be stoked on.

Expand Quote

[close]
There's no plans to phase out the Figgy G6 as of now so it's still in the line for awhile. KSL G6 still has new colorways dropping in the next couple months as well as a second Julian Gamma G6.

Will let Michael know! Really stoked to have someone who is a younger skate rat as well as a long time loyal fan and on top of what's going on in skateboarding now designing our footwear plus he rips!

Also, for anybody interested there are some shops that are taking pre-orders on the new colorways of the OG-1 dropping soon.

https://www.firstgearskateshop.com/product/emerica-og-1-black-white-pre-order/5428

https://www.krudco.com/products/emerica-og-1-navy-reissue-pre-order?variant=43826797773020
https://www.krudco.com/products/emerica-og-1-black-white-pre-order?variant=43878457409756

Thanks for the heads up - just pre-ordered some black OG-1's! I never had the og MJ's so I'm very stoked!

pugmaster

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1634
  • Overweight and Underprepared
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2023, 01:46:49 PM »
Some of these are indicating that they are already pre-sold out of certain sizes. Does this mean that the demand will support continued releases of the model in the future or is this a "one and done" run?
"...We got the nuclear worm over here..."

Never forget:
Rusty_Berrings, 360 frip, Yapple Dapple, Bubblegum Tate

SlapTM

« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2023, 01:57:26 PM »
Thanks for the heads up - just pre-ordered some black OG-1's! I never had the og MJ's so I'm very stoked!
Of course! Stoked you got em!

Some of these are indicating that they are already pre-sold out of certain sizes. Does this mean that the demand will support continued releases of the model in the future or is this a "one and done" run?
This is a one and one for these specific colorways but we have future colorways being released after. We will have the Navy/White and Black/White available on our website as well in case anyone's locals sell out.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2023, 02:00:17 PM »
Templeton 1 upper on og sole would prob make as much sense as heretic upper on og sole. (Og as in the MJ remake)

The only thing I want changed is the triple stitch plastic toe cap.   Better solutions for that these days as the Axion Guy remake showed

Shrinedescender

• Rep: 150
« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2023, 02:45:06 PM »
Just bought a pair of those tan synth Dicksons from a few seasons ago. I remember those black and white canvas ones with the rubber guards holding up relatively well. What's the vegan shoe lineup looking like for the forseeable future? (Synths, baby, synths)

JM

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 246
  • sup dog
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2023, 02:55:18 PM »
Expand Quote

Expand Quote

[close]

Expand Quote
[close]

Expand Quote
[close]

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Nice, dude.  did you have to put money down?  Pay now, get them maybe in August or maybe December sort of thing?

thanks
I’m not letting my YouTube algorithm anywhere near that video.

SlapTM

« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2023, 03:11:39 PM »
Just bought a pair of those tan synth Dicksons from a few seasons ago. I remember those black and white canvas ones with the rubber guards holding up relatively well. What's the vegan shoe lineup looking like for the forseeable future? (Synths, baby, synths)
We've got the black/black synthetic suede Wino G6 Slip at that moment that's being carried over the next several seasons. Next season, we've got a Michael Sieben collection consisting of a canvas Wino G6 Slip and an Omen Hi. In Holiday there's a synthetic suede Figgy G6 and Romero Laced. Summer 24 has a canvas Winkowski with a rubber toe cap and a synthetic Low Vulc. With that being said, going to start offering more vegan colorways in the future.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2023, 03:13:54 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

had one pair, i loved that shoe to death.

could see myself getting a pair of blue ogs.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2023, 03:17:58 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I was such a little freak in High School about trying different shoes and never repeating that it hurts me to say I only had one pair as well…

I used to hate the white gum ones because the gum is so heavily used throughout, but I kinda really dig them.   

overwaxed

« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2023, 03:38:27 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Expand Quote

[close]

Expand Quote
[close]

Expand Quote
[close]

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

Nice, dude.  did you have to put money down?  Pay now, get them maybe in August or maybe December sort of thing?

thanks

Just paid for em outright - hyped to forget I bought them and be surprised!

Made In China

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 653
« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2023, 04:23:47 PM »
I'm very tempted by those OG-1s, especially since I believe Louie Barletta would skate them back in the day and I thought they always looked so sick in his clips. Has anyone skated the skateshop day ones that came out a bit ago and can comment on them?

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #21 on: May 14, 2023, 04:40:24 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

I was such a little freak in High School about trying different shoes and never repeating that it hurts me to say I only had one pair as well…

I used to hate the white gum ones because the gum is so heavily used throughout, but I kinda really dig them.

yeah, same here. i pretty much only had accels repeatedly and then a bit later when i was 16 i started wearing old skools most the time just for walking, cause i liked how they looked, but was skating only random hand me downs, mostly c1rcas and dcs. some weird samples also.

not sure if you mean that particular colorway, but mine was the offwhiteish, gum olliepad, grey-beigeish one, also with a gum sole underneath i think. i remember the day i got them particular well for a not so great reason, and i never found another pair in my size. a common problem, since i would only get sale shoes to skate in, and my size was often out.

apport

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 294
« Reply #22 on: May 14, 2023, 05:18:26 PM »

doublesteveburger

« Reply #23 on: May 14, 2023, 05:30:26 PM »
I’ve been trying to snag a pair of all black gammas for a while but I’m usually shopping on a budget, Julian makes those shoes look so good. The shape of those things remind me of Herman’s earlier shoe that came with the cactus keychain. 

Appreciate all the input you put into responding Tim. Wish more peeps came on here to discuss.

Mr. Pickles

• Rep: 39
« Reply #24 on: May 14, 2023, 05:39:07 PM »

JM

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 246
  • sup dog
« Reply #25 on: May 14, 2023, 06:09:41 PM »
I'm very tempted by those OG-1s, especially since I believe Louie Barletta would skate them back in the day and I thought they always looked so sick in his clips. Has anyone skated the skateshop day ones that came out a bit ago and can comment on them?

Yah.  Skating them now.

They are great for my wide foot, and makes me remember how great big wide shoes were back in the day.

There’s no EVA midsole (contrary to many online shops’ description) it’s a soft rubber waffle lattice, so it’s got cushion there in a strange way.

It also is higher than other shoes.

That all being said… I can’t notice a difference between skating them vs. Josl1ns other than the tiny bit more height to them.

What I do really like about them is the smooth leather (real? Fake?) around the ankle. It makes slipping the shoe one and off really easy, while still locking the heel in while skating.

It’s a big, chunky feeling shoe… if you skated I’m the late 90’s you’ll probably love it

I like them. It is really nice to be able to skate a shoe with some character and nostalgia mixed in.

(My next shoe is going to be the Arto Accel OG… I will have to hold off on buying anything till then, but the figgy g6 is looking really tempting ‍)
I’m not letting my YouTube algorithm anywhere near that video.

Shrinedescender

• Rep: 150
« Reply #26 on: May 14, 2023, 06:57:51 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
We've got the black/black synthetic suede Wino G6 Slip at that moment that's being carried over the next several seasons. Next season, we've got a Michael Sieben collection consisting of a canvas Wino G6 Slip and an Omen Hi. In Holiday there's a synthetic suede Figgy G6 and Romero Laced. Summer 24 has a canvas Winkowski with a rubber toe cap and a synthetic Low Vulc. With that being said, going to start offering more vegan colorways in the future.

I've been killing for a vegan Figgy or Low Vulc. Probably my two favorite looking models in the lineup right now; stoked to be able to try them. I flirt with the big brands in class but Emerica always the girl I'm hitting at 2:00am to come over.

Thebird

• Rep: 158
« Reply #27 on: May 14, 2023, 08:04:50 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Yah.  Skating them now.

They are great for my wide foot, and makes me remember how great big wide shoes were back in the day.

There’s no EVA midsole (contrary to many online shops’ description) it’s a soft rubber waffle lattice, so it’s got cushion there in a strange way.

It also is higher than other shoes.

That all being said… I can’t notice a difference between skating them vs. Josl1ns other than the tiny bit more height to them.

What I do really like about them is the smooth leather (real? Fake?) around the ankle. It makes slipping the shoe one and off really easy, while still locking the heel in while skating.

It’s a big, chunky feeling shoe… if you skated I’m the late 90’s you’ll probably love it

I like them. It is really nice to be able to skate a shoe with some character and nostalgia mixed in.

(My next shoe is going to be the Arto Accel OG… I will have to hold off on buying anything till then, but the figgy g6 is looking really tempting ‍)

Have not skated them yet, but if you can try them on first, do it.  I pretty much wear a 12 in all shoes, but this one just feels a little big.  Love the shoe, love the look, but feel lile I could have gone a half size down.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 151
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #28 on: May 14, 2023, 08:11:43 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Kook Me Amadeus

« Reply #29 on: May 14, 2023, 08:21:36 PM »
OG-1 looks pretty cool!  Really think this thread will be a big net positive.  Emerica is super close to nailing it.