Author Topic: The Official Professional Wrestling Thread  (Read 43899 times)

PatrickSkateman

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -215
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
Re: The Official Professional Wrestling Thread
« Reply #2280 on: May 07, 2024, 05:06:40 AM »
WWE has all the Bullet Club alumni that matter. 😂
2022 Slap Fantasy Football Champion

Mr. Kamikazi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -115
  • 1,2,3,4, tell the people what she wore...
« Reply #2281 on: May 07, 2024, 05:28:04 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
It's always super interesting learning about past moments in wrestling. Here's a blurred line between kayfaybe and reality moment. A Canadian NCAA amateur wrestler, John Tenta, turned sumo competitor, then pro-wrestler was matched up against a former sumo athlete & hothead named Koji Kitao. Koji didn't want to sell and or cooperate as things got tense based on some kind of sumo pride/rivalry in Koji's head.

Apparently the Hulkster — ya know, the guy that was supposed to be in Metallica — claims Tenta covered for him that night, cause he knew Koji was gonna put him in some shit: https://youtu.be/AukVofRrSP8?t=1551
[close]

Tenta/Earthquake/Avalanche/the Shark was the sickest. Had he been a tad more agile i.e Bam Bam Bigelow, I think he would have been pushed more as he was main event status.
[close]

Hell yeah. As it actually turns out there was a darkside of the ring on him that came out not that long ago. just watched it:

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x8txpia

Yes! I need to watch it. I’ve been slacking on those with just keeping up with weekly wrestling.

RAW last night was perfect. Dragunov VS Ricochet was an instant classic. The match was longer & many close three counts. The chemistry between the two was evident & Dragunov advancing to the King of the Ring only increases the chances that he will go against Gunther who also won against Sheamus last night. Double wins for me as Gunther & Dragunov are my favorites. The Mad Dragon is just on a whole other level . Workhorse with style & even makes losing look good.

SHAQUEEFA

• Rep: 21
« Reply #2282 on: May 10, 2024, 09:09:33 AM »
Dammit guys, we let this thread get off the first page. I'm partially to blame. I'll be better.

WWE is doing some great things right now. I have heated discussions with a friend because he generally dislikes most of modern wrestling but he still watches out of habit. He liked the late 80's/90's steroid era of like Hercules and dudes like that. His all time favorite is British Bulldog. He hates the AEW flippy shit and doesn't want to see cruiserweights presented as main event heavyweight champs. He kinda over the Bloodline shit and he doesn't follow indy wrestling or New Japan so when I told we aren't even close to the end and there is like 3-4 more samoan's they could bring in he was not happy.

I really think Roman comes back and reforms with the Uso's, and we have a civil war angle with Roman and Solo as leaders. Shit they may even get Sami back in the fray he was great with those dudes.

Swerve v Christian could be a good match, but the feud is dumb when nobody cared about the dudes that turned on Swerve. And I actually kinda like Brian Cage and I've seen footy of him skating.

Where AEW is really blowing it is building these dudes up as heels and then turning them because the crowd loves the act. MJF as the champion was riuned by the face turn and Adam Cole shit. It all sucked so bad. Now they did the same thing with Swerve and it completely cooled him off.

God dammit that crowd in France was fucking so hot I enjoyed a Cody Rhodes match.

Stoked we might get another Gunther v Dragunov match.

Mr. Kamikazi

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2283 on: May 10, 2024, 09:30:55 AM »
Dammit guys, we let this thread get off the first page. I'm partially to blame. I'll be better.

WWE is doing some great things right now. I have heated discussions with a friend because he generally dislikes most of modern wrestling but he still watches out of habit. He liked the late 80's/90's steroid era of like Hercules and dudes like that. His all time favorite is British Bulldog. He hates the AEW flippy shit and doesn't want to see cruiserweights presented as main event heavyweight champs. He kinda over the Bloodline shit and he doesn't follow indy wrestling or New Japan so when I told we aren't even close to the end and there is like 3-4 more samoan's they could bring in he was not happy.

I really think Roman comes back and reforms with the Uso's, and we have a civil war angle with Roman and Solo as leaders. Shit they may even get Sami back in the fray he was great with those dudes.

Swerve v Christian could be a good match, but the feud is dumb when nobody cared about the dudes that turned on Swerve. And I actually kinda like Brian Cage and I've seen footy of him skating.

Where AEW is really blowing it is building these dudes up as heels and then turning them because the crowd loves the act. MJF as the champion was riuned by the face turn and Adam Cole shit. It all sucked so bad. Now they did the same thing with Swerve and it completely cooled him off.

God dammit that crowd in France was fucking so hot I enjoyed a Cody Rhodes match.

Stoked we might get another Gunther v Dragunov match.

Dragunov VS Gunther must happen. Did you see his match against Ricochet?! In stand classic.

Christian vs Swerve feels rushed & uninteresting.
King vs Copeland was great; curious if King will be heading to WWE.

Mr. Kamikazi

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2284 on: May 10, 2024, 12:42:59 PM »
Copeland spearing King through the ropes & perfectly through the table was wild as that could have went south fast. And to hell with the South.

Mr. Kamikazi

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2285 on: Today at 05:08:42 AM »
Dynamite Kid Tommy Billington vs Dax Harwood tonight. Hopefully good although rather random outside of the Canadian/Hart Connection.

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 251
« Reply #2286 on: Today at 10:01:36 AM »
No matter what you saw about AEW, they’ll never be stooping so low as to give Logan Paul a World Title shot in Saudi Arabia