Author Topic: Bones HardCore Bushings  (Read 32043 times)

TheFreshSC

Re: Bones HardCore Bushings
« Reply #30 on: April 30, 2010, 12:37:34 PM »
medium bones get very very soft and will break if you tighten them. get hard bones bushings if you like a medium feel. they're magic

able

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 636
  • omm nom
    • able Skate Mag avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #31 on: April 30, 2010, 01:05:21 PM »
I'm for the blue ones, all the way! (super soft)
cause I'm down for all things dangerously loose
ableSkateMag.com

Inbred Jed

« Reply #32 on: April 30, 2010, 01:14:05 PM »
also:

the next time you're paging through the newest skate magazine, take notice how many people in that magazine are using them, it's pretty nuts

but my magnifying glass is in the shop.

rlang

• Rep: 19
« Reply #33 on: April 30, 2010, 01:43:25 PM »
In 25 years I've never thought to care much about my bushings.  Always just used the Indy bushing until the trucks died.  About a month ago I got on some Bones bushings and I'm kicking myself for not having done so sooner.  They are soooooo much better. 

CrookieMonster

• Rep: -23
« Reply #34 on: May 02, 2010, 03:56:18 PM »
medium bones get very very soft and will break if you tighten them. get hard bones bushings if you like a medium feel. they're magic
That's exactly what I've got goin on.

I got a set of Theeves and they came with bones bushings.

WWD4D?

« Reply #35 on: May 02, 2010, 07:06:20 PM »
I've never had a problem with indy stock bushings or breaking em in. I do notice that they do tend to chip and crumble very easily though. I might just have to give the bones bushings a try one of these days...

gripittoripit

• Rep: -36
« Reply #36 on: May 02, 2010, 07:31:43 PM »
 ;D just got me some yellow ones, they are super responsive. love em

Rutger Hauer

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -25
« Reply #37 on: May 03, 2010, 12:01:36 PM »
I got 149 Indys, I like to ride them more tight than loose and I've had the Bones bushings, the hard ones, for one session but I have to say they are pretty damn good. The boards feels snappier as the trucks return more quickly from turning. Though I have no idea how they will feel in long term but the first feel was that I'll always ride these things.
If the first session feels like you don't have to worry about shit, I think then you're on the something good.
Fuck yea. Been skating almost everyday and they're still going. Same feel as the first day. Fresh.
"I don't know what my appeal is. I can see I've got blue eyes and don't look like the Hunchback of Notre Dame but I can't understand the fuss."

alrightythen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -21
« Reply #38 on: June 12, 2010, 10:39:42 AM »
Just put in some yellow mediums in my indys a couple of days agp. Been skating them with both washers in to give them that perfect medium feel. Just hope they dont break. For you who had yours break, when did it happen? like right away or after some days?

CrookieMonster

« Reply #39 on: June 12, 2010, 04:44:05 PM »
wow bringin it back. after a bit they broke but ive been on the hards and had no probs

pandarelated

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 90
« Reply #40 on: June 12, 2010, 05:07:33 PM »

i love the blue ones. in indy 139 standard. its like your riding giggly lose trucks. but they snap right back in place. best equation for really lose, but not wobbly..

Twig88

• Rep: 10
« Reply #41 on: June 13, 2010, 01:56:07 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

i love the blue ones. in indy 139 standard. its like your riding giggly lose trucks. but they snap right back in place. best equation for really lose, but not wobbly..

I had a couple of sets of these for that reason, but the hard plastic bit cracked on both trucks, on both sets of bushings  ???

grimcity

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2214
  • computer says no
« Reply #42 on: June 13, 2010, 07:07:02 AM »
khiro and grind king make the same type of bushing.

I like Bones, but Khiro has an insane amount of choice... I have a set of Indys that I mixed some Softs (lower) and Med-Softs (top) and they feel awesome. I like the built in-washer bushings and the Bitch bushings they make, too.

Rutger Hauer

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -25
« Reply #43 on: June 13, 2010, 09:10:14 AM »
Expand Quote
I got 149 Indys, I like to ride them more tight than loose and I've had the Bones bushings, the hard ones, for one session but I have to say they are pretty damn good. The boards feels snappier as the trucks return more quickly from turning. Though I have no idea how they will feel in long term but the first feel was that I'll always ride these things.
If the first session feels like you don't have to worry about shit, I think then you're on the something good.
[close]
Fuck yea. Been skating almost everyday and they're still going. Same feel as the first day. Fresh.
Mine are now gone. The pushings blew on to the bottom ring. I'm definitely going to get another pair of these right away. They didn't last forever but there was no sketchyness with these, not ever for one session.
"I don't know what my appeal is. I can see I've got blue eyes and don't look like the Hunchback of Notre Dame but I can't understand the fuss."

Crazy Ralph

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 23
  • You're all gonna die!
    • ShredNJ avatar image
« Reply #44 on: June 13, 2010, 12:57:46 PM »
been riding the mediums for a while now. my first pair did get soft, but only after like 5 months, so I'm still backing em.
You either die a hero or live long enough to watch yourself become the Berra.

Randozzi

« Reply #45 on: June 13, 2010, 02:17:29 PM »
been skating my mediums for a long time and they are fine, great bushings. bought another set for back up.

ticklefingers

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -217
  • middleweight lurker
« Reply #46 on: June 13, 2010, 08:36:24 PM »
My right foot is fucked. Fucking rolled ankle, ingrown big toe, and today i got a fucking blister on the bottom of toe #2. FUCK this foot.

i ride medium bones bushings though.

yeahisaidit

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 94
« Reply #47 on: June 13, 2010, 09:46:42 PM »
I've never had a problem with indy stock bushings or breaking em in. I do notice that they do tend to chip and crumble very easily though. I might just have to give the bones bushings a try one of these days...

Indy bushings are great after they're broken in. The way I see it, bones mediums feel how I want all bushings to feel, but they come without a break-in period. They make new trucks feel as if you've been riding them forever. Since I don't get any sense of accomplishment of breaking in stock ones, if they keep making them, I'll keep buying them.

also:

the next time you're paging through the newest skate magazine, take notice how many people in that magazine are using them, it's pretty nuts

This

edit: Here's one example: Rick Howard and his Indys

« Last Edit: June 13, 2010, 09:52:11 PM by yeahisaidit »

CrookieMonster

« Reply #48 on: June 13, 2010, 09:53:40 PM »
This

edit: Here's one example: Rick Howard and his Indys

That's one convincing Lakai comercial

Lafy

• Rep: -1
« Reply #49 on: June 13, 2010, 09:58:32 PM »
fuck tensor trucks..wait am i doing it right? sigh i hate those things

gaunting

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 186
« Reply #50 on: June 13, 2010, 10:32:52 PM »
i really don't get how people ride the yellow ones without a bottom bushing, shit is so wobbly, hard is the wa to go, has anyone seen the black bones bushings, shit's look fuckin weird.
This has me cracking up, what exactly does Black Flag have to do with measuring your dick starting behind ya nuts?

Skateboarding is nothing but a game to find the right fits to appear like you're a proportional human being instead of a midget or a giant.

floop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -28
  • the things I do for my fucking friends!
« Reply #51 on: June 13, 2010, 10:40:33 PM »
i bought some on a whim and was going to put them in but the silver cap thing wouldn't fit.  then i read that you don't need it.  but it just looks too weird to me not having it on there so i couldn't deal.

maybe i should try them

how much can it really matter though? 

i've been drinking
"Every time I read one of your shitty posts I wonder why I am wasting my time looking at SLAP."

ticklefingers

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -217
  • middleweight lurker
« Reply #52 on: June 13, 2010, 11:11:29 PM »
i bought some on a whim and was going to put them in but the silver cap thing wouldn't fit.  then i read that you don't need it.  but it just looks too weird to me not having it on there so i couldn't deal.

maybe i should try them

i've been drinking

you're not supposed to use the silver cap. ... i think?

Tuna

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 225
« Reply #53 on: June 13, 2010, 11:59:02 PM »
Expand Quote

maybe i should try them

i've been drinking
[close]

you think correctly.

floop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -28
  • the things I do for my fucking friends!
« Reply #54 on: June 14, 2010, 02:15:51 PM »
Expand Quote

maybe i should try them

i've been drinking
[close]

yeah, i figured that out after reading about them.  it just looks too weird to me without the cap.  i couldn't deal.  i'll probably try them though to see what they're like
"Every time I read one of your shitty posts I wonder why I am wasting my time looking at SLAP."

overheated

« Reply #55 on: June 14, 2010, 02:25:07 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

maybe i should try them

i've been drinking
[close]

[close]

yeah, i figured that out after reading about them.  it just looks too weird to me without the cap.  i couldn't deal.  i'll probably try them though to see what they're like

I thought the same thing, tried them without the cap, and now cant imagine how i got by without them. I'm a heavy bastard and I seem to destroy the stock indy bushings, but the bones have held up well and always skate perfectly.

burm

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 134
« Reply #56 on: June 15, 2010, 12:19:11 AM »
I have hard bones on my cruiser, and if I've been commuting to work with it for a few days it's always a bit of a shock when I step on my regular board with wobbly Aces. I should probably get some yellow ones for the Aces, the stock bushings are ok but they're falling to pieces.
take what small comfort there may be left
seize what you love and damn all the rest

alrightythen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -21
« Reply #57 on: July 29, 2010, 06:22:22 AM »
Im skating the yellow mediums now with the bottom washer on. Feels perfect right now.

cheep

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 103
« Reply #58 on: July 29, 2010, 09:26:21 AM »
been riding the same set of yellow ones for close to 2 years now... no problems at all and they feel perfect.
http://cheepshit.tumblr.com/
the worst in jacksonville skateboarding

niclopse

• Rep: -38
  • Reaching for the Light
    • Adaptoids CBD Vitamins avatar image
« Reply #59 on: August 10, 2010, 05:35:53 PM »
mine didn't last very long until i started catching wheelbite like a motherfucker.

then i said forget all this, im just gunna get thunder 147 hi's and be set for life.

Instagram: @niclopse