Author Topic: Skaters Can't Film Police Abuse in Some States  (Read 3394 times)

Chiguy

Re: Skaters Can't Film Police Abuse in Some States
« Reply #30 on: June 05, 2010, 04:59:42 PM »
When they say Illionis I'm gonna assume Chicago, and yeah cops here suck.

I remember when I was just leisurely crusiering along, when a cop randomly blares a loud horn, gets on a speaker and tells me to get off my skateboard.

People dieing and getting shot every-fucking-where in Chicago and skaters are the biggest threat. Go figure  :-X

maggot brain

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -22
« Reply #31 on: June 05, 2010, 05:03:13 PM »
Expand Quote
What the hell can you do to protect yourself?
[close]
Buy one of these

thank god i entered this thread
he is truly the destroyer of worlds

no fun

• Rep: 32
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Put on a helmet and some pads and start doing some real shit.

Beer Wizard

« Reply #33 on: June 05, 2010, 08:42:06 PM »

-gonz

chef

« Reply #34 on: June 06, 2010, 12:59:11 AM »
this nearly happened when my boy whipped out his cell phone as some power hungry cop was kicking us out of a spot last week. his exact words were, and i quote, "were you filming? i wish you were because that's a felony charge." dude was a fucking douche, i thought what he said was bullshit but MD is on that list and that's where it happened. funny how this law only protects the police from being filmed without consent, so when this happens to anyone who isn't a cop then it's not a felony? something seems iffy.

the fact is that this seems to be a first amendment issue, which doesn't protect the freedom of cops to do whatever the fuck they want. especially if they're doing something unreasonable that shouldn't be done in the first place.

whiteley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 362
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #35 on: June 07, 2010, 09:56:17 AM »
the fact is that this seems to be a first amendment issue, which doesn't protect the freedom of cops to do whatever the fuck they want. especially if they're doing something unreasonable that shouldn't be done in the first place.

exactly. if there is any justice left in the american courts, these state laws will be over ruled at the federal level. i truly can't see how this is legal.

codithou

• Rep: 41
« Reply #36 on: June 07, 2010, 01:35:11 PM »
same cop. Officer.. RIVIERI!

this is kind of funny, but this guy is such a piece of shit.

sweets

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
  • but(t) fuck, who's keeping track?
« Reply #37 on: June 07, 2010, 02:12:17 PM »
Has anyone tried to get the ACLU in on this? It's quite frightening to think the police are above being policed. Where are the checks and balances our whole system of government is based upon?
"instead of typing out some dumb reply to this post, go make some art, smell your own body, mate with your own hand, take a picture of your penis when it is in half-boner-mode and post it on slap." Tony

peacepappies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -97
  • tae-tae
« Reply #38 on: June 07, 2010, 03:26:14 PM »
man cops are the fucking worst..

this is what got my board taken 5 months ago

I'm the guy doing the 180. My board is still at the police station. It was pretty much
all over the news where i live (holland), and i haven't heard of the police since.

I should go to court i think but this all happened in november haven't heard of em since, probably because of the media hype.

the police in the clip says:
"In the worst case this will cost you a few hundred euros."

"for what?"

"for creating a dangerous situation. If I have to slow down with my police car, it's not good!

all pretty funny but the cop didnt know it was caught on tape. He told me later his boss was proud of how he handled the situation. (when i met him on the streets). I'm thinking about getting a lawyer and getting my board back + some extra money because i had to buy some new shit (200 dollars son!). Anyone have any advice?
« Last Edit: June 07, 2010, 03:28:32 PM by peacepappies »
ohyeahohyeah

high5

• Rep: 2
« Reply #39 on: June 08, 2010, 10:26:19 AM »
man cops are the fucking worst..

this is what got my board taken 5 months ago

I'm the guy doing the 180. My board is still at the police station. It was pretty much
all over the news where i live (holland), and i haven't heard of the police since.

I should go to court i think but this all happened in november haven't heard of em since, probably because of the media hype.

the police in the clip says:
"In the worst case this will cost you a few hundred euros."

"for what?"

"for creating a dangerous situation. If I have to slow down with my police car, it's not good!

all pretty funny but the cop didnt know it was caught on tape. He told me later his boss was proud of how he handled the situation. (when i met him on the streets). I'm thinking about getting a lawyer and getting my board back + some extra money because i had to buy some new shit (200 dollars son!). Anyone have any advice?
Sucks you got your board taken, but that video wasn't as bad as I was expecting. I'm amazed that it was "all over the news" because it would take a cop punching a kid in the face to be a news story in the US.

streetPirate22

• Rep: 21

saucy ragu

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 515
« Reply #41 on: June 15, 2010, 10:41:13 PM »
that video still pisses me off to this day.

Well, one of the kids was mallgrabbing, so they kind of asked for it.  ::)

But in all seriousness, come the fuck on Massachusetts. Really? I don't follow much on our laws or politics but I thought we were all about civil liberties.
Quote from: brent
sorrymom, when 112 sing to you what kinda feelin do it bring to you?