Author Topic: Visit Ryan Gallant  (Read 16079 times)

johnes

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -238
Re: Visit Ryan Gallant
« Reply #60 on: November 08, 2019, 10:52:46 AM »
Everyone is just be their own brand but the bad part is that the pros don’t realize they they might sell out the first run or two... but the novelty will wear off and people likely will move on to the next pros new brand.

Maybe short teamed and lived brands are okay for skateboarding.
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

alraunen

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 245
    • www.davidcampillo.net avatar image
« Reply #61 on: November 08, 2019, 11:52:09 AM »
Dani Lebron Is supposed to have a promodel on visit

Mutts

• Rep: 9
« Reply #62 on: November 08, 2019, 12:01:06 PM »
DJ Vlad is the poor man's PJ Ladd
I loled.

Those graphics are fine. Ryan Gallant. Ryan Gallant. Ryan Gallant. Celebratory nod.

morningcommute

« Reply #63 on: November 08, 2019, 12:22:51 PM »
Will they put out footage? I know Gallant was hurt. If this gets us Gallant footy I back it.

His insta output is pretty dope for people in their 30's to watch.
I'm not a fan of the former pro making boards thing that's been out there this last year or so but I can't bring myself to say something mean about Gallant.

I'm gonna fantasize that Ryan will add more tech kayo dude's and and fucking Nate Keegan and some Boston creme heads and make a dope legit company of older tech xxl tee dudes that have now matured away from the camera and are now a super league of steezed out low impact tech refined men.
And they drop a VX or HD 4:3 video and it's loads of Boston/ New England spots. Loads of bricks in the background.
Kelly opens up. Ender is a nollie heel backnosegrind (held for a healthy length) on a ledge to small  drop. Nate Keegan follows with loads of tech curb mannys and ledge lines on mellow down hill spots. Not actual hills, just mellow. Wade Fyfe is up next with a minute of good ledge skate and even throws a switch heel over a backless bench. Tommy and Johnny wisdom share a section and there are lots of smiles and a few smaller stair sets thrown in. It's worth mentioning at this point that everyone has lines at eggs. Next up is a little skit of Pete Gardini battling a trick a few times and hes got his top off with his hairy chesty and tummy out. All of a sudden another topless hairy chested man with a thick beard is sneaking up behind him in a vaudevillian style and starts dancing. DAMN BOY it's fuckin Eli Reed. He has a little guess friends section, like 45 seconds long of him skating, half fucking around but still good with some second or so long clips of him doing his weird looking style dance moves making strange faces. It's  kooky but is actually almost sort of funny and doesn't fuck up the flow of the video.

Gallant closes the video and its just fucking amazing. crazy good tech and a few flip bs noseblunt variations thrown in for good measure. He's skating at full peak, like reaches his state of Puig just before fully flared when his style was super loose and relaxed but could land anything he was day dreaming about fast and comfortably.

That's what I've been thinking about for the last ten minutes after smoking a joint.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2019, 12:29:23 PM by morningcommute »

hip bruise

• Rep: 11
« Reply #64 on: November 08, 2019, 01:05:43 PM »
I was feeling that up until the Eli reed part

morningcommute

« Reply #65 on: November 08, 2019, 01:23:26 PM »
I was feeling that up until the Eli reed part

Yeah it kinda threw me as I was writing it too but the hands went into auto pilot and out it came. Maybe I sub consciously didn't want the vid to be perfect?

Patey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 93
« Reply #66 on: November 08, 2019, 06:35:51 PM »
Expand Quote
For some reason I never realized Kelly was actually pro for Exp, thought he was man am status all this time.

Those decks are really nice, though. Happy for him, seems like less of a kook than a lot of the industry right now.
[close]

He was man am forever until the whole team left expedition and they brought him back and turned him pro

OH YEAH! I actually remember that now.

WastedHippy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 129
« Reply #67 on: November 08, 2019, 09:17:50 PM »

Smelly Fart on visit

I didn't think I would but I actually kind of like these graphics, good for K fatty keeping the pro dream alive haha

Jeff Bezos The Antichrist

• Rep: 29
« Reply #68 on: October 01, 2020, 07:37:15 PM »
Reviving this thread because I came across a recent post on Ryan Gallant's IG story. Looks like he ordered a heat transfer machine for boards that he's going to be using out of his garage. I'm posting because I think its really interesting that after a couple years he's still going at it, despite its popularity remaining relatively small. At this point it seems more like a passion project as opposed to a money grab, compared to a lot of the newer companies that have popped up over the past few years (take your pick)

I googled the machine and it's pretty pricey, not even taking into consideration the shipping and customs fees by being imported from Asia which can easily rack up to around 10K.

Just thought it was interesting and I'm definitely gonna order a board because I back the effort he's trying to put into it.

Also gonna add this in case you forgot

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1096
« Reply #69 on: October 01, 2020, 07:42:30 PM »
I’ve been wanting to buy a press, I don’t have a good place to store it. Maybe one day.

EdLawndale

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1107
    • My Wife avatar image
« Reply #70 on: October 01, 2020, 08:46:24 PM »
My hometown shop had Visit not too long ago and I picked up a Gallant deck. I like the clean graphics and he seems like he's putting his heart and soul into it. I can dig that.
"Was just about to say, wtf is up with this EdLawndale guy?"

Sightunseen

• Rep: 90
« Reply #71 on: October 01, 2020, 11:30:32 PM »
Gallant has been a favorite of mine since I was in my teens. So far I haven’t seen a Visit board I didn’t like and I think he does a great job with the brand. Hope to pick up a board soon!
personally I can only hope to be remembered in a slap post three years after my death, with my name spelled wrong

eranka

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 203
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #72 on: October 02, 2020, 12:24:33 AM »
Expand Quote
Will they put out footage? I know Gallant was hurt. If this gets us Gallant footy I back it.
[close]

His insta output is pretty dope for people in their 30's to watch.
I'm not a fan of the former pro making boards thing that's been out there this last year or so but I can't bring myself to say something mean about Gallant.

I'm gonna fantasize that Ryan will add more tech kayo dude's and and fucking Nate Keegan and some Boston creme heads and make a dope legit company of older tech xxl tee dudes that have now matured away from the camera and are now a super league of steezed out low impact tech refined men.
And they drop a VX or HD 4:3 video and it's loads of Boston/ New England spots. Loads of bricks in the background.
Kelly opens up. Ender is a nollie heel backnosegrind (held for a healthy length) on a ledge to small  drop. Nate Keegan follows with loads of tech curb mannys and ledge lines on mellow down hill spots. Not actual hills, just mellow. Wade Fyfe is up next with a minute of good ledge skate and even throws a switch heel over a backless bench. Tommy and Johnny wisdom share a section and there are lots of smiles and a few smaller stair sets thrown in. It's worth mentioning at this point that everyone has lines at eggs. Next up is a little skit of Pete Gardini battling a trick a few times and hes got his top off with his hairy chesty and tummy out. All of a sudden another topless hairy chested man with a thick beard is sneaking up behind him in a vaudevillian style and starts dancing. DAMN BOY it's fuckin Eli Reed. He has a little guess friends section, like 45 seconds long of him skating, half fucking around but still good with some second or so long clips of him doing his weird looking style dance moves making strange faces. It's  kooky but is actually almost sort of funny and doesn't fuck up the flow of the video.

Gallant closes the video and its just fucking amazing. crazy good tech and a few flip bs noseblunt variations thrown in for good measure. He's skating at full peak, like reaches his state of Puig just before fully flared when his style was super loose and relaxed but could land anything he was day dreaming about fast and comfortably.

That's what I've been thinking about for the last ten minutes after smoking a joint.

i need that in my life.

Youoverthere

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 166
« Reply #73 on: October 02, 2020, 05:47:51 AM »
I can finally buy a Gallant board without being embarrassed that I would be buying an expedition board.

it must be crazy when chico sells you something and the tables switch from "give me my money chico" to "giving my money to chico"

jerrygurneyscream

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 130
« Reply #74 on: October 02, 2020, 06:22:47 AM »
Expand Quote
I can finally buy a Gallant board without being embarrassed that I would be buying an expedition board.
[close]

I went to florida on vacation a couple years ago and for some reason decided to just bring my trucks/wheels/hardware and buy a deck when i get there thinking it would be cheaper than checking a skateboard on a flight. I went to a (surf) shop to get a board and all they had was Expedition and long boards. This was also well after they had gone under so i was pretty shocked. Moral of the story is i dont know if it ended up being cheaper than just flying my board there but I now have an almost new exp1 deck at a family friends house in florida

bbk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 278
  • Dopeness
« Reply #75 on: October 02, 2020, 07:45:58 AM »

sfa

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 178
« Reply #76 on: October 02, 2020, 09:23:31 AM »
I fuck with Gallant.
I need a coffee

TwisT

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1096
« Reply #77 on: October 02, 2020, 09:30:55 AM »
selfie cam ryan gallant is a fucking treasure

Glurmpz

« Reply #78 on: October 02, 2020, 09:35:48 AM »

So sick. He loves that rock. I have a friend who keeps bringing me back there to skate the rock and it kinda drives me nuts - as a Canadian I don't drive a couple thousand miles every winter to skate rocks, but one day I got a cab back noseblunt on it and that made me feel a bit better. :)

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1490
  • Illusion Flip
« Reply #79 on: October 02, 2020, 09:46:36 AM »
You can tell when dudes got their heart in it. Gallant has it. He looks like he's having fun in all the clips he posts.

formula420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 86
« Reply #80 on: October 02, 2020, 10:19:35 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

I went to florida on vacation a couple years ago and for some reason decided to just bring my trucks/wheels/hardware and buy a deck when i get there thinking it would be cheaper than checking a skateboard on a flight. I went to a (surf) shop to get a board and all they had was Expedition and long boards. This was also well after they had gone under so i was pretty shocked. Moral of the story is i dont know if it ended up being cheaper than just flying my board there but I now have an almost new exp1 deck at a family friends house in florida

I have never had a problem with carrying my board right onto the plane.

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 400
« Reply #81 on: October 02, 2020, 01:07:59 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

I have never had a problem with carrying my board right onto the plane.
Some shitty airlines will charge you per carryon like spirit. I’ve carried my board on 100 times and never had any issues with southwest

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 400
« Reply #82 on: October 02, 2020, 01:09:10 PM »
Visit boards are actually pretty good. BBS pressed with a Good shape, pretty common dimensions so it’s a good middle ground. The visit deck I had was pretty mellow but I skated pretty well on it.

Monkey_Mcpott

« Reply #83 on: October 02, 2020, 05:31:33 PM »
He backs Slap too

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 146
« Reply #84 on: October 02, 2020, 06:20:12 PM »
Expand Quote
DJ Vlad is the poor man's PJ Ladd
[close]
I loled.

Those graphics are fine. Ryan Gallant. Ryan Gallant. Ryan Gallant. Celebratory nod.

gnared lol

Allen.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 732
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
« Reply #85 on: October 02, 2020, 07:02:52 PM »
selfie cam ryan gallant is a fucking treasure

For real. He's so sick.
Had a great Bunt interview as well that made me appreciate his skating even more.
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this