Author Topic: Andrew Reynolds new balance pro model  (Read 13519 times)

the canadian suit

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 145
  • Always lurking.
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Andrew Reynolds new balance pro model
« Reply #60 on: June 08, 2023, 02:36:06 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Surprised he hasn’t already had a colour way out yet for NB. Would be sick to get a 1010 boss colourway, similar to Shane/Janoski. Also, why are people surprised he’s going nuts cutting up shoes, do you not remember the ‘madness’. The man knows what he is doing.
[close]

I'd think that starting with a colourway is a dead end street. Once you've got a colourway, there's little chance of a full signature model.

Who's had a colourway and then they're own shoe? Would be interesting.
[close]

Good point. If it doesn’t sell well then no chance for a pro shoe.
[close]
Franky had some colourways and just got a pro model. Everyone who's had an Adidas pro shoe had colourways first altho they are outnumbered by those who had colourways and didn't then get a pro shoe.
[close]

Ok, so it can happen but isn't the norm. Good to know.

Tom Knox has had (at least) 6 color ways and is working on a signature NB shoe
p-shuvs and v-flips

Septa Bus

• Rep: -59
« Reply #61 on: June 08, 2023, 03:31:03 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Surprised he hasn’t already had a colour way out yet for NB. Would be sick to get a 1010 boss colourway, similar to Shane/Janoski. Also, why are people surprised he’s going nuts cutting up shoes, do you not remember the ‘madness’. The man knows what he is doing.
[close]

I'd think that starting with a colourway is a dead end street. Once you've got a colourway, there's little chance of a full signature model.

Who's had a colourway and then they're own shoe? Would be interesting.
[close]

Good point. If it doesn’t sell well then no chance for a pro shoe.
[close]
Franky had some colourways and just got a pro model. Everyone who's had an Adidas pro shoe had colourways first altho they are outnumbered by those who had colourways and didn't then get a pro shoe.
[close]

Ok, so it can happen but isn't the norm. Good to know.
[close]

Tom Knox has had (at least) 6 color ways and is working on a signature NB shoe

im down to talk shit and make stuff up
Expand Quote
This is shaping up to be Bunt of the Year
[close]
I hope you like home runs fucker

Pete

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 689
  • Free Max B
« Reply #62 on: June 08, 2023, 04:57:04 AM »
We need an MJ1 but with an N. Emerica tried to keep making that shoe but the Heretic just wasn’t it.

I’m sure the answer is somewhere on the forum but what actually happened with Vans? I know their core skate program is a drop in the ocean compared to all the shoes they sell to everyone at dept stores but what a mf fumble. Are they not meeting yearly projections like they used to or what?

Those white tiagos are good and look like the lifestyle NB’s that took over in the last few years. if they don’t make “skateboarding” 990s yet now is the time to cash in on that. That grey suede sells itself.

Free max b
FREE MAX B

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 251
« Reply #63 on: June 08, 2023, 05:03:06 AM »

This thread is going to drive me crazy until his shoe actually comes out as newer people miss out on what Rothmeyer told us about the timeframe

k-nutz

• Rep: 50
« Reply #64 on: June 08, 2023, 05:49:03 AM »
We need an MJ1 but with an N. Emerica tried to keep making that shoe but the Heretic just wasn’t it.

I’m sure the answer is somewhere on the forum but what actually happened with Vans? I know their core skate program is a drop in the ocean compared to all the shoes they sell to everyone at dept stores but what a mf fumble. Are they not meeting yearly projections like they used to or what?

Those white tiagos are good and look like the lifestyle NB’s that took over in the last few years. if they don’t make “skateboarding” 990s yet now is the time to cash in on that. That grey suede sells itself.

Free max b

emerica had a re-release of the mj1 a couple of months ago. They were like $90 and in a wack color way.  I wonder if they skated the same.

TheDraught

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65239
  • Team -65K
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #65 on: June 10, 2023, 03:09:16 AM »
Expand Quote
Damn he's still so good. One of the last pros from the mid 90s that still rip hard. Along with Daewon, Mariano and maybe Rowley. Anyone else?
[close]
Do you count vert guys? Tony hawk, Bucky Lasek, PLG, Bob burnquist, Lincoln Ueda, rune glifberg (I think was actually oldest competitor in entire Olympics)
I guess Kalis, BA and ave (altho they might be more late 90s) Jamie Thomas just said he's working on a part.

I meant still skating at pro level. After breaking his leg Tony is basically starting all over again. Cool that he is trying to make a comeback but he's not even a shadow of his former self.

Very few 90s pros are still putting out real parts. I think The Chief and The Boss still can, as well as Guy and Daewon. I am taking Rowley off the list too.

PLG, Bucky and Vov probably too but I haven't seen any footage of them in ages.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 859
« Reply #66 on: June 10, 2023, 11:35:46 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Damn he's still so good. One of the last pros from the mid 90s that still rip hard. Along with Daewon, Mariano and maybe Rowley. Anyone else?
[close]
Do you count vert guys? Tony hawk, Bucky Lasek, PLG, Bob burnquist, Lincoln Ueda, rune glifberg (I think was actually oldest competitor in entire Olympics)
I guess Kalis, BA and ave (altho they might be more late 90s) Jamie Thomas just said he's working on a part.
[close]

I meant still skating at pro level. After breaking his leg Tony is basically starting all over again. Cool that he is trying to make a comeback but he's not even a shadow of his former self.

Very few 90s pros are still putting out real parts. I think The Chief and The Boss still can, as well as Guy and Daewon. I am taking Rowley off the list too.

Id say they're all still at least at a Reynolds level of ability (altho obvs no direct comparison for vert to street) tony hawk actually competed at xgames the other week and did an NBD (Madonna 270 to fakie 5-0 grind) so his comebacks progressing quickly since he got his second surgery.
I'd throw mccrank in there too but again it's comparing street street to park street so maybe some people would disagree

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -492
« Reply #67 on: June 10, 2023, 06:01:01 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

This thread is going to drive me crazy until his shoe actually comes out as newer people miss out on what Rothmeyer told us about the timeframe

Exactly . We’re not even gonna see samples on his feet till q1 next year at the earliest . His shoe is probably fall 24 at the earliest but I’d say early 2025 is probably the projected time frame .
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

TheDraught

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65239
  • Team -65K
« Reply #68 on: June 24, 2023, 03:17:59 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]
Id say they're all still at least at a Reynolds level of ability (altho obvs no direct comparison for vert to street) tony hawk actually competed at xgames the other week and did an NBD (Madonna 270 to fakie 5-0 grind) so his comebacks progressing quickly since he got his second surgery.
I'd throw mccrank in there too but again it's comparing street street to park street so maybe some people would disagree

@Mean salto you were right Bucky still is so good. I stumbled upon him at the X-Games IG, see below. In general it seems vert and bowl skating is less strenous than street in the long run, Rune was also ripping at the CPH open this week and  Nicky Guerrero as well and he is 55. As for the Madonna to fakie 5-0, crazy that he's still learning new tricks after breaking his leg. That also sounds like a trick that could go wrong (landing fakie manual on the platform or something)

I would love to see another Vov part some day even if it's just him fooling around in his backyard.

Bucky:
https://www.instagram.com/reel/Ct1y8E7p_CE/?igshid=NjI5MGFhZTA1Yw==

« Last Edit: June 24, 2023, 03:25:48 AM by TheDraught »

swanronson

• Rep: -27
« Reply #69 on: June 24, 2023, 06:46:54 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Exactly . We’re not even gonna see samples on his feet till q1 next year at the earliest . His shoe is probably fall 24 at the earliest but I’d say early 2025 is probably the projected time frame .

2025 is way too far away to capitalise on the boss. My bet is they are going to expedite this shoe, he ain’t getting any younger.

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -492
« Reply #70 on: June 24, 2023, 09:20:33 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

2025 is way too far away to capitalise on the boss. My bet is they are going to expedite this shoe, he ain’t getting any younger.

I’m quoting from rothmeyer in the nb thread who said the shoe is at least 18 months away a couple month ago. They’re starting from the ground up.

“It's being worked on but in the very early stages but I can confirm with you guys that he's going to get a shoe.  Colorways until his actual pro shoe comes out but starting from absolute scratch takes a long time for a new model to do it right.  And for Andrew, we most definitely want to do it totally right!  For the Tiago-1010, we already had that shoe developed mostly with him in mind so when he came on board, only a few minor tweaks and it was good to go and we were able to launch within like 7 months or so of him being on the team.  This one will more than likely take a full 1.5 years to develop. “

This was posted in late April . So yeah q1 2025 is most likely.
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

PancakeBones

• Rep: -13
« Reply #71 on: June 24, 2023, 11:00:13 AM »
Breaking news! This just in!!!

New balance and Andrew Reynolds are collaborating on skateboarding's first signature shoe designed for all dads who are about to cut the grass! 

"Yep, I'm about to makem green," -Your dad giddily excited to mow the lawn

Democratic Republic Of Mongo

• Rep: 128
« Reply #72 on: June 24, 2023, 12:45:27 PM »

New balance and Andrew Reynolds are collaborating on skateboarding's first signature shoe designed for all dads who are about to cut the grass! 

Whatever gets the Boss his green. I bet they’ll be good shoes that will come out at the right time for me, heh

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2270
« Reply #73 on: June 24, 2023, 12:48:38 PM »

Damn dude, novel take. Haven't heard that one yet. That's frickin so hilarious.

Pbn_jake

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 33
« Reply #74 on: June 24, 2023, 02:09:41 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Tony read this and did a 540 just for you

goodatmeth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 622
« Reply #75 on: June 24, 2023, 02:54:59 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

Tony read this and did a 540 just for you
Yeah Tony is still doing nbds at xgames in 2023

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1077
« Reply #76 on: June 24, 2023, 03:39:36 PM »

A joke staler than yesterday’s fish.
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021