Author Topic: trends in skateboarding you ARE tired off  (Read 94171 times)

busey

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1286
  • i can't it's a geo!
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: trends in skateboarding you ARE tired off
« Reply #120 on: July 28, 2011, 07:03:34 AM »
complaining.
I rolled my ankle jacking off on a ladder.

AfterEight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -81
« Reply #121 on: July 28, 2011, 07:41:51 AM »
being antisocial at skateparks.

LOU.502

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 82
  • rawr
« Reply #122 on: July 28, 2011, 09:41:15 AM »
'trick hierarchies'

im probably lying

NowhereInLife

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 20
« Reply #123 on: July 28, 2011, 09:54:11 AM »

vegan*shawn

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -416
  • listen to Jawbreaker
« Reply #124 on: July 28, 2011, 10:01:01 AM »
This one might just be me, but kids at parks or spots showing up and trying the most ridiculous/ difficult thing they can think of usually with no chance of landing it. It just seams like I see it more and more, If you cant kickflip on flat, I doubt your fullcab-flip down a set of stairs is happening. If you can barely 50-50 a foot high box without landing all sketched out, you don't need to try to grind up a rail for an hour.

Never understood that one myself, do they think they will get lucky once and land it? It also leads to getting hurt more because you are trying something you are not way ready to be doing.

Useful Idiot

• Rep: 24
« Reply #125 on: July 28, 2011, 10:57:12 AM »
Inception style ledge tricks.

A trick
within a trick
within a trick
within a trick

Pudds is blazing that trail.

What's wrong with one really long smooth trick, instead of doing the fucking Bojangles on the ledge?

Also, 2 songs 1 part. Stop it. (I'm looking at you Marc)
You loves you? Megatron.

polyethylene

• Rep: -3
« Reply #126 on: July 28, 2011, 11:59:23 AM »

A trick
within a trick
within a trick
within a trick

What's wrong with one really long smooth trick, instead of doing the fucking Bojangles on the ledge?

Also, 2 songs 1 part. Stop it. (I'm looking at you Marc)

you've seen his backtail on that ledge in barcelona right. so if one can get both gnarly and technical, its a bad thing? and also, are you refering to marc johnson? he had 3 songs, id blame ty though

Useful Idiot

• Rep: 24
« Reply #127 on: July 28, 2011, 12:29:06 PM »
It was 3 songs wasn't it.

Jerry had 2 in the enjoi video, which gets a pass because his part was absolutely bananas.

I'll look that clip up.
You loves you? Megatron.

• Rep: -2
« Reply #128 on: July 28, 2011, 01:00:10 PM »
Expand Quote
This one might just be me, but kids at parks or spots showing up and trying the most ridiculous/ difficult thing they can think of usually with no chance of landing it. It just seams like I see it more and more, If you cant kickflip on flat, I doubt your fullcab-flip down a set of stairs is happening. If you can barely 50-50 a foot high box without landing all sketched out, you don't need to try to grind up a rail for an hour.
[close]

Never understood that one myself, do they think they will get lucky once and land it? It also leads to getting hurt more because you are trying something you are not way ready to be doing.

My guess is that they're doing it to try to make it seem like they don't suck to the onlookers.

• Rep: -2
« Reply #129 on: July 28, 2011, 01:00:44 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
am i the only person who skates alone?
[close]
[close]

nope

I actually prefer to skate alone.

G.Lewis

« Reply #130 on: July 28, 2011, 01:49:43 PM »
Using Witchcraft songs in video parts.  I love Witchcraft too.  Just kind of played to death in online segments and parts.

polyethylene

• Rep: -3
« Reply #131 on: July 28, 2011, 01:55:44 PM »
skating with a big crowd

idealhandmades

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 132
    • IDEAL Handmades - Skateboards avatar image
« Reply #132 on: July 28, 2011, 02:01:12 PM »
skating with a big crowd

agreed.
I can't stand trying to go skate when it involves multiple car loads of people.
You'd figure with that many more feet and wheels on the ground that more skating would get done,
but for some reason it never seems to go that way.
@idealhandmades

Made In China

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 655
« Reply #133 on: July 28, 2011, 03:25:10 PM »
Having fun.

earlygrab

« Reply #134 on: July 28, 2011, 03:36:51 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

My guess is that they're doing it to try to make it seem like they don't suck to the onlookers.

it's even creepier when it's older guys doing this. Like they use to be able to kickflip so instead of making sure you can still kickflip with any kind of control, they spend the whole time trying to kickflip into a trick or some shit.

side story, growing up there was a kid that use to come to the spot everyday for years and only try the same trick, nose wheelie, nollie flip out. however he couldn't do either trick. he was reeeeealy bad at skating. then one day after 3 yrs of only trying that trick over and over, he landed it. a month later he quit skating.

skateordie

• Rep: -40
« Reply #135 on: July 28, 2011, 03:46:34 PM »
Expand Quote
skating with a big crowd
[close]

agreed.
I can't stand trying to go skate when it involves multiple car loads of people.
You'd figure with that many more feet and wheels on the ground that more skating would get done,
but for some reason it never seems to go that way.

Yup

BraveUlysses

« Reply #136 on: July 28, 2011, 08:21:00 PM »
Using Witchcraft songs in video parts.  I love Witchcraft too.  Just kind of played to death in online segments and parts.
Graveyard too! I swear every single song off their first album has been skated too.

Mr_Friendly

« Reply #137 on: July 28, 2011, 08:47:59 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

it's even creepier when it's older guys doing this. Like they use to be able to kickflip so instead of making sure you can still kickflip with any kind of control, they spend the whole time trying to kickflip into a trick or some shit.

It's funny you bring that up, my first kickflip today as i was warming up went a little rocket, and the next one turned backside a bit, so I spent probably 15-20 minutes just dicking around trying slightly different things to get that, nice level flip with a high catch back. The shit foot pushing kids hucking 360 flips that ended up 3 feet away couldn't fathom why anyone would redo anything they had already landed.
Quote from: Allen.
You're not very friendly...

lamfordie

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 300
« Reply #138 on: July 28, 2011, 09:05:35 PM »
Rich kids who always get the new shit that just came out.

Skate Edge

• Rep: -36
« Reply #139 on: July 28, 2011, 09:21:41 PM »
The corporate takeover of skateboarding.

Examples:

- Everyone in the world skating in Stefan Janoskis

- Chris Cole's Monster energy drink logo wrist band

- Nike/Converse , Red Bull, Monster, and any other company that has no business in skateboarding being taken seriously by anyone who skates

Lenny the Fatface

« Reply #140 on: July 28, 2011, 10:09:14 PM »
-Filming at the skatepark during peak hours.

-Fake satanists.

pinche gringo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 85
« Reply #141 on: July 28, 2011, 10:46:43 PM »

A trick
within a trick
within a trick
within a trick

I just laughed my ass off.  Thanks man.  I had a shitty day and definitely needed a laugh.

Chavo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 224
« Reply #142 on: July 28, 2011, 11:22:48 PM »
-Touching the griptape before static flatground ollie grabs
-Judo flip frontside grabs
-Ho-Ho plants where you balance the board on the top of your shoes
-No-comply shifties with one foot on the ground while pivoting
-End of the worlds
-360 flip one foot tail grabs
-"Willy stall" fakie rocks
-Slappy nose slides

A Rolled Ankle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 46
    • http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd158/mindhead84/rza_1455.jpg avatar image
« Reply #143 on: July 29, 2011, 12:10:59 AM »
This whole "Brixton, I work in my garage on my Schaaf style motorcycle when I'm not skating while wearing weird Brixton hats and rockin' a killer mustache and witty tattoos look." 

This shit has to stop.  I got an Active Catalog in the mail today (I'm 24 and still get 12-year-old mail) and I was checkin' it out while I was on the shitter.  They are trying so hard to accomplish this blue color working man Brixton look.  Since when was it cool to wear boots, black framed glasses, a flannel, some dumb slick back hair and a dumb fuckin' mustache!? 

Fuck I hate everything!

finknoos

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -170
  • Typos here there and everywhere
« Reply #144 on: July 29, 2011, 01:51:44 AM »
-Filming at the skatepark during peak hours.

-Fake satanists.

especially when theyre filming a line and think the get priority or some shit

skateordie

« Reply #145 on: July 29, 2011, 06:35:11 AM »
This whole "Brixton, I work in my garage on my Schaaf style motorcycle when I'm not skating while wearing weird Brixton hats and rockin' a killer mustache and witty tattoos look." 

This shit has to stop.  I got an Active Catalog in the mail today (I'm 24 and still get 12-year-old mail) and I was checkin' it out while I was on the shitter.  They are trying so hard to accomplish this blue color working man Brixton look.  Since when was it cool to wear boots, black framed glasses, a flannel, some dumb slick back hair and a dumb fuckin' mustache!? 

Fuck I hate everything!

like max schaaf said in his epiclylaterd, "it's easy to fake." that's why there all on it.

ige

• Rep: -74
« Reply #146 on: July 29, 2011, 06:43:50 AM »

Examples:

- Nike/Converse , Red Bull, Monster, and any other company that has no business in skateboarding being taken seriously by anyone who skates
Everyone probably is skating the Janoskis because its a fucking great shoe! I?m currently skating in Adidases (?) and couldnt care less about shitty quality Lakais. Dont get me wrong, i love skateboarding and im not into the mainstream side of it, but i want to get good quality for my money. I dont feel guilty.

« Reply #147 on: July 29, 2011, 06:48:54 AM »
i might be old school but i fucking HATE grip tape graphics/logos.

i like my grip tape straight up black.

YoungWilliam309

« Reply #148 on: July 29, 2011, 07:13:53 AM »
Expand Quote

Examples:

[close]
Everyone probably is skating the Janoskis because its a fucking great shoe! I?m currently skating in Adidases (?) and couldnt care less about shitty quality Lakais. Dont get me wrong, i love skateboarding and im not into the mainstream side of it, but i want to get good quality for my money. I dont feel guilty.

agreed. Nike SB gets sooo much unnecessary hate. they make some of the best shoes for every style, have a sick team, & host a ton of great skating events. people forget that Nike SB is a DIVISION of Nike Footwear. Meaning its a skateboarding company, under the Nike Banner. Just like they do with other the other sports. the guys who work for Nike Soccer arent the same ones working for Nike SB, and so on.

Millions of people around the world are skateboarding. its gonna get "mainstream" no matter what. as long as the relationship "mainstream" company & skateboarders is win/win then im cool with it.

people will hate on shit just because it isnt directly skateboarding. Like gaterade. wtf? like none of these niggas never drank gaterade after a long, hot session. if they wanna pay malto millions to put their sticker on his boards, so be it.

another example would be target sponsoring P-Rod. for some reason he lost "street cred" because of it, when he gets paid millions & gets free gift cards. he literally could live off that sponsorship alone. plus target & mountain dew remodeled his private park, which is sick as fuck. thats a win/win situation. they get the exposure/advertising while the pro gets a ton of perks including an insanely dope skatepark. if you hate on that then your just a hater. ANYBODY would take that deal if they actually got the chance.

/rant

and i also agree with whoever said something about colored/patterned griptape. that shit is whack as fuck.

« Reply #149 on: July 29, 2011, 07:20:55 AM »
target and skateboarding should never cross paths.