Author Topic: new thunder high  (Read 6934 times)

Cajungly

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -10
new thunder high
« on: May 12, 2011, 06:34:43 PM »

Deekay

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 130
Re: new thunder high
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2011, 10:16:36 PM »
I just might try a pair out Milhouse, I just might try a pair out.

That ad doesnt say shit though and they look exactly the same, so it doesnt seem that radically different.

Filip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -57
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2011, 01:18:26 AM »
I dont know how they possibly can improve the turning, but I hope they are good, I love Thunders to death.

sixpackoftablets

• Rep: -24
  • salut les fuckheadz
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2011, 05:22:55 AM »
Still made in San Fran?

InternetDaddy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 42
  • sup breh
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2011, 07:06:12 AM »
Is it just a redesign of the 147, or did they do the 149 as well?
Look I'm not selling anything that doesn't have my jizz on it. I don't care how much is offered.

sixpackoftablets

• Rep: -24
  • salut les fuckheadz
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2011, 07:15:42 AM »
i wish they'd redesign the 149 to make it less weird. turns a little weird, looks horrible and is a mid instead of a high.

G.Lewis

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2011, 01:35:14 PM »
i wish they'd redesign the 149 to make it less weird. turns a little weird, looks horrible and is a mid instead of a high.

I agree.  They turn weird, not smooth. ? Feel low too.  Going back to ACE.  Then again, I suck.

No Thanks.

• Rep: 1
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2011, 03:25:55 PM »
Just set a pair of these next to a set of the regular 147s and I cannot tell the difference apart from a bit more of the hanger being removed  and they are about 1-2mm lower than the older ones.

Peep the attachment.

Basingstoke

• Rep: 35
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2011, 06:46:35 AM »
I have the Titanium 147 Hi's that look very similar to these and the seat for bushings on  the hangar is deeper than on any of the other Thunders, so bushings especially Bones have fitted in there much better. In the past bushing haven't sat properly in the seat which wasn't much more than a slight lip, now they are snug and so no blowouts. Where are they made ? first Thunders I have had that don't have "Made In The USA" on the base plate.

tweak

• Rep: -2
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2011, 06:28:47 PM »
How about making a 149 that's worth skating... Thats what's up.

brokenheadphone

• Rep: -3
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2011, 06:36:34 PM »
Where are they made ? first Thunders I have had that don't have "Made In The USA" on the base plate.

Just a guess: the trucks are made in the USA with the exception of the baseplate, just like the "forged" baseplates on some Indy models.

tom

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 990
  • the moon rules
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2011, 11:54:40 PM »
thunder's were perfect to begin with. i'm interested to see a pair of these in person and try em out. granted it wont be for a while because of my foot, and the fact that my thunders stil have life, but eventually
fuck you bama

fulfillthedream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 350
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2011, 01:08:54 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I agree.  They turn weird, not smooth. ? Feel low too.  Going back to ACE.  Then again, I suck.

I recently switched from Independents to Thunder and I am so down with how Thunders turn. I guess it really comes down to personal preference. Never ridden Ace
Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[

InternetDaddy

• SLAP Pal
  • sup breh
« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2011, 08:04:14 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I recently switched from Independents to Thunder and I am so down with how Thunders turn. I guess it really comes down to personal preference. Never ridden Ace
same. I went Independent, Thunder, Independent, and now I'm back to Thunder, I just like them a little better for whatever reason. I saw a kid riding Ace's the other day and he said they're super nice. Some guy at the shop I go to tried to sell me on em pretty hard.
Look I'm not selling anything that doesn't have my jizz on it. I don't care how much is offered.

finknoos

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -170
  • Typos here there and everywhere
« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2011, 08:07:15 AM »
how long have they been making thinder 145 hi's ?

i got some recently by chance but ive never seen them in ads of anything, either 145 low's or 147 hi's

Deekay

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 130
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2011, 09:24:48 AM »
theyve been making 145 highs forever... They just say 145, and then 145 low

H8R part 4

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -301
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2011, 09:34:01 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

ace turn like thunders and grind like indys but their stock bushings and pivot cups don't last very long.     
i'm only skating indies now because i didn't have the aces in the size i wanted to skate at the time. 

G.Lewis

« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2011, 09:46:05 AM »
I ended up setting up a pair of the LOWCARD Fury 8.25's with Bones medium instead of my ACE.  These may be the best turning truck.  Feeling these a lot right now.

InternetDaddy

• SLAP Pal
  • sup breh
« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2011, 10:08:16 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

ace turn like thunders and grind like indys but their stock bushings and pivot cups don't last very long.     
i'm only skating indies now because i didn't have the aces in the size i wanted to skate at the time. 

wow, that sounds amazing. except for the pivot cups wearing down really fast, that would be annoying.

drunkinjunt

• Rep: -3
« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2011, 11:29:21 PM »
I have been skating the thunder 147 hi light trucks for about a year now and Im loving them. But the only thing I absolutely cannot stand is their axle slip!!!!
It is unbearable, I hit a lot of rough cracks on my daily skate and the board will go like 20 different ways. And anytime I have a narrow runway and have to jump onto my board to get speed it will indefinitely turn the other way of where I push it to... this even happens if I throw my board down.
Im gonna change back to Indys probably unless there is a way to get rid of this problem.. does anybody know????

yescomply

« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2011, 12:48:16 AM »
just got some of the 147 highs, i put some of them bones bushings in.
needless to say there was no new truck blues. They are the best.
indys will not be purchased ever again.

MostlyLurkin'

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -49
« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2011, 09:23:27 PM »
Am I the only one who wishes the kingpin on Thunder trucks was lower? I ride my trucks loose, and I keep fucking up smithgrinds and feebles because the kingpin nut is almost above the hanger.

Radbloke

• Rep: 75
  • Quit jivin me, turkey.
« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2011, 11:51:03 PM »
Am I the only one who wishes the kingpin on Thunder trucks was lower? I ride my trucks loose, and I keep fucking up smithgrinds and feebles because the kingpin nut is almost above the hanger.

Are you skating the lows or the highs? I have this problem on the Ti Light Lows I've been rocking for about a year. Fuckin rad trucks but the kingpins snap like crazy and I just cracked the base plate on my back truck replacing one. My buddy has the 147 high lights and he doesn't have this problem. I've got some indys on the way now, not overly excited about the prospect.

InternetDaddy

• SLAP Pal
  • sup breh
« Reply #23 on: June 17, 2011, 12:17:24 AM »
yeah, I have that problem. I threw in bones mediums without the bottom washer, and I still had to crank the kingpin nut down tighter than I like just because otherwise it would be so loose (finger tightened) that it would just fall off.

MostlyLurkin'

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -49
« Reply #24 on: June 17, 2011, 05:17:07 AM »
Are you skating the lows or the highs? I have this problem on the Ti Light Lows I've been rocking for about a year. Fuckin rad trucks but the kingpins snap like crazy and I just cracked the base plate on my back truck replacing one. My buddy has the 147 high lights and he doesn't have this problem. I've got some indys on the way now, not overly excited about the prospect.

Im skating the hi 147's actually, and I still feel like the kingpin nut is in the way.
What kind of Indys? You gotta tell me if there is more clearance between the kingpin nut and hanger on them. Im thinking about buying some Indys myself

yeah, I have that problem. I threw in bones mediums without the bottom washer, and I still had to crank the kingpin nut down tighter than I like just because otherwise it would be so loose (finger tightened) that it would just fall off.

Yeah, same here dude. Kinda annoying. But besides that, Thunders are great
« Last Edit: June 17, 2011, 05:19:14 AM by Juelz »

finknoos

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -170
  • Typos here there and everywhere
« Reply #25 on: June 17, 2011, 05:55:44 AM »
im currently using the 145 hi's with bones yellow bushings and have had no kingpin problems as of yet, lets hope it stays this way

Radbloke

• Quit jivin me, turkey.
« Reply #26 on: June 19, 2011, 11:26:35 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Im skating the hi 147's actually, and I still feel like the kingpin nut is in the way.
What kind of Indys? You gotta tell me if there is more clearance between the kingpin nut and hanger on them. Im thinking about buying some Indys myself

Expand Quote
[close]

Yeah, same here dude. Kinda annoying. But besides that, Thunders are great

Just standard Indy 139's. I'll take some photos to compare to my buddy's Thunder 147's.

Radbloke

• Quit jivin me, turkey.
« Reply #27 on: June 22, 2011, 09:17:29 PM »
OK so I tried to get some pics for you but my super expensive, brand new camera decided to shit itself. The Thunder 147 Highs seem to have more clearance between the hanger and the kingpin than my Indys do. My mate skates them pretty tight and they're ground down a little too, but still more clearance. In fact, quite a lot of clearance. Weird.

The Twilight Zone

« Reply #28 on: June 23, 2011, 04:15:15 PM »
i got the new 147's on tuesday, theyre really nice, and I usually skate indys

Cajungly

• Rep: -10
« Reply #29 on: July 02, 2011, 06:01:51 PM »
can someone post a link for the new 147 highs raws