Author Topic: Prize Fighter Cutlery  (Read 20423 times)

KMAC

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -10
Re: Prize Fighter Cutlery
« Reply #90 on: June 10, 2014, 10:04:05 AM »
has anyone tried the cruiser wheels?

80a and a classic cut, im very tempted. i just dont know how theyll hold up compared to these oj keyframes.....I had a pair of PFC's a lil while back and they lasted as long as some spitfire classics, which is pretty bad tbh

Young Satchel

• Rep: 19
« Reply #91 on: June 10, 2014, 11:14:50 AM »
I wanna try those, but I got these 56mm 92A soft D's on my cruiser right now and their honestly nearly perfect.

KMAC

• Rep: -10
« Reply #92 on: June 10, 2014, 10:50:10 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I'm riding them now and they're working out great, but I'm literally using them just as cruiser wheels.  Haven't done much besides ollies and 180s on my way to work with them.

truuuu ima be doing the same honestly. how do you you think they'd be compared to spitfire 80hds or bones ATF....?
« Last Edit: June 10, 2014, 11:05:43 PM by KMAC »

art hellman

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1180
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #93 on: June 11, 2014, 07:09:22 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I have a set of 53.5 Ben Gore that i only skated once for about two hours at a smooth park.  ended up being too big for my loose trucks at the moment. I'll sell em to someone for $18 (includes shipping).  PM me for a pic or to lemme know you want.

rad wheels, just wrong size for me right now.

[close]

This intrigues me.  I skate my trucks so loose that I glue the nuts on and I'm riding some PFC 56's without risers.
[close]

dunno... i skate indy stage 10 149 with forged baseplates with bones meds with no washers (top or bottom) and hand-tighten the nuts.  52mm doesnt give me a problem, but the 53.5mm were diggin in pretty deep when landing on tricks or doing sharp turns.   i dunno, not looking to make stuff up or anything.  5"8. 145lbs.  like walks along the river.

used to skate 55-56 when living in NYC...but now in midwest mainly skate parks and don't need the size to roll anymore.  i've consistently loosened my trucks more and more since then as well... not sure they can go any looser without shaving bushings...

[close]

no top and bottom washers would lead to lots of wheel bit. its all preference i guess. i have friends who skate 54s with top bushing for top and bottom.. they get lots of wheel bite, but they dont mind.

though, its not really a PFC issue,,
i just got some new PFCs orther wise i would take u up on those wheels. =D
[close]

yeah, lemme be clear.  this has NOTHING to do with the wheels.  PFCs are top-notch ultra rad wheels.  just at this very moment, i prefer to skate 52mm...so I'm looking to unload the recent pair of 53.5mm i purchased.  in another couple of months, I'll probably be skating 54mm or whatever. 

yeah, so i put the top washer back on and everything is right in the world again.  can skate over 52mm with no prob.
hardly art, hardly starving

threeoneg

• Rep: 0
« Reply #94 on: June 11, 2014, 08:58:00 AM »
Just ordered a pair of PFC 53's. Excited to see how they skate. Got some F4's a month back and flatspotted them in about 2 weeks of moderate skating. Hoping these hold up better.

Randozzi

« Reply #95 on: July 11, 2014, 08:48:03 PM »

ALABAMAMAN

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -196
« Reply #96 on: July 12, 2014, 04:38:38 AM »
^
that was great. those spots look so fun

Schismatic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 4
« Reply #97 on: July 12, 2014, 12:29:38 PM »
Anyone have feedback about how these feel on skatelite? That's what most of the backyard minis I skate are surfaced with. Just curious, I could always toss on something grippier for those sessions.

Also, their website just lists diameter and shows a straight on view (that's not even an actual photo of the wheel) so do the different models vary in shape or do they mostly just scale the size and put a different print on them?

I'm hoping my local will start carrying PFC so I can see for myself but if that takes too much longer to happen then I might order online just so I can finally try them out for myself.

Randozzi

« Reply #98 on: July 12, 2014, 01:34:47 PM »
don't know about skatelite or anything but they grip and slide well on skatepark concrete.

this is the shape of the current 53mm wheel.

art hellman

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1180
« Reply #99 on: July 14, 2014, 08:12:08 AM »
Anyone have feedback about how these feel on skatelite? That's what most of the backyard minis I skate are surfaced with. Just curious, I could always toss on something grippier for those sessions.

Also, their website just lists diameter and shows a straight on view (that's not even an actual photo of the wheel) so do the different models vary in shape or do they mostly just scale the size and put a different print on them?

I'm hoping my local will start carrying PFC so I can see for myself but if that takes too much longer to happen then I might order online just so I can finally try them out for myself.

skated a set during the last Iowa winter indoors on suuuper slippery skatelite, wood, etc.  great grip and only slipped out when would have anyways
hardly art, hardly starving

dgus138

• Rep: 7
    • Plains Hardware avatar image
« Reply #100 on: July 14, 2014, 02:26:11 PM »

Got actual photos on my site, not the greatest photos but you can see the shapes. They're pretty much all the same as Randozzi posted, classic shape with a little wider tread. http://www.pedestrianskate.com/artist/prize-fighter-cutlery
I've yet to skate them though, still wearing down a set of F4's, but they have a really nice feel to them and I'm hoping to try them out soon.

Schismatic

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #101 on: July 14, 2014, 06:59:42 PM »
Thanks for the info, gonna get my grubby paws on the first set of white 55-56's I come across. I'm hoping they work out, I'd be stoked to find good wheels from a company I actually want to back. I'm as picky about wheels as board shape, maybe more. They need to have all of the following:

1.) Good overall feel and mix of slide/grip.
2.) Not easy to flatspot.
3.) Satisfying screech (main gripe with F4's is that they were too quiet).
4.) Don't yellow ridiculously fast.
5.) Good on all kinds of surfaces.
6.) Not skinny, not super wide.

So far Bones SPF V4 shape have worked out best but PFC's seem like the most promising alternative but only time and skating them will tell.

heritage

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 98
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #102 on: July 14, 2014, 07:05:37 PM »
So far Bones SPF V4 shape have worked out best but PFC's seem like the most promising alternative but only time and skating them will tell.

Out of curiosity, what all have you tried?

colin

« Reply #103 on: July 16, 2014, 03:20:13 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Got actual photos on my site, not the greatest photos but you can see the shapes. They're pretty much all the same as Randozzi posted, classic shape with a little wider tread. http://www.pedestrianskate.com/artist/prize-fighter-cutlery
I've yet to skate them though, still wearing down a set of F4's, but they have a really nice feel to them and I'm hoping to try them out soon.

You guys have cool stuff at your shop

dgus138

• Rep: 7
    • Plains Hardware avatar image
« Reply #104 on: July 17, 2014, 08:41:33 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
You guys have cool stuff at your shop
Thanks Colin!

Schismatic

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #105 on: July 19, 2014, 12:12:10 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Out of curiosity, what all have you tried?

I'll spare you an autobiography but been street skating since 1986, tried everything from original Powell Peralta rat bones, street bones when they came out, Santa Cruz slimeballs, OJ II's, some of the first batches of Spitfires, rode Union Wheels for a bit, probably a bunch I don't remember. More relevant though I almost exclusively skated spit bigheads and classics for about 15 years aside from trying out whatever free sets came through my home shop. Tried Pig (worst shit), Ricta, Satori, I don't know. I really wanted to like Landshark Wheels, first set I had were cool but last set felt like hard plastic Toys R Us shit. Ridiculously hard but did not slide at all. Rode spit Streetburners and Parkburners, but they both flatspotted bad and turned yellow super fast, bad combination. I tried formula 4's and they were pretty good but had some gripes about them too so finally broke down and bought Bones. Still haven't ridden STFs enough to have a fair opinion about them.

I have an order of PFC's just waiting for checkout but had a household appliance take a shit last week so just waiting to make sure I can afford any luxury purchases this month. If they ride like spitfires but have *higher durability and less discoloration* then I would be 100% sold.

Randozzi

« Reply #106 on: August 29, 2014, 10:36:17 AM »
http://www.prizefightercutlery.com/

New wheels, a deck and clothing just got posted.

toque

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 122
    • Portmanteau avatar image
« Reply #107 on: August 31, 2014, 09:12:03 AM »
These are on their way...can't wait.

wheee!

Spitfire4life

• Rep: -20
« Reply #108 on: September 01, 2014, 09:07:48 PM »
Thanks for the info, gonna get my grubby paws on the first set of white 55-56's I come across. I'm hoping they work out, I'd be stoked to find good wheels from a company I actually want to back. I'm as picky about wheels as board shape, maybe more. They need to have all of the following:

1.) Good overall feel and mix of slide/grip.
2.) Not easy to flatspot.
3.) Satisfying screech (main gripe with F4's is that they were too quiet).
4.) Don't yellow ridiculously fast.
5.) Good on all kinds of surfaces.
6.) Not skinny, not super wide.

Keep your board inside (air conditioned) and they shouldn't turn yellow. I live in AZ and it's super hot, if you leave your board in the garage overnight they turn yellow, like REALLY yellow. I keep my board inside at all times and have been riding Spitfire Classics for the past 2-3 months and they are still very white.
If you take medical advice from this puddle of retards you are going to die.

Randozzi

« Reply #109 on: March 08, 2015, 08:40:03 PM »
Spring goods coming soon, according to Instagram post. Looking forward to it!

Randozzi

« Reply #110 on: September 13, 2015, 12:10:58 PM »
Just saw that new wheels are on the way as well as a Japan video.

Spike Hawke

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
« Reply #111 on: September 19, 2015, 03:52:22 AM »
Just saw that new wheels are on the way as well as a Japan video.
Oooooooooh

yeahisaidit

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 94
« Reply #112 on: September 19, 2015, 08:38:52 AM »

80a and a classic cut, im very tempted. i just dont know how theyll hold up compared to these oj keyframes.....I had a pair of PFC's a lil while back and they lasted as long as some spitfire classics, which is pretty bad tbh

I was looking through this thread, thought i had posted about these. I dont know about oj keyframes, but i love these. I have a few different setups, and i use these on my "I want to skate but feeling a little lazy board." The main reason I got these instead of some other wheels is their lack of a core. Ive popped the core out of a few cruiser wheels, 80 Ds etc. and this was when I was skating a cruiser "regularly sans powerslides." Theyre 56 mm so bigger, but still similar in weight to hard wheels. Ive skated these for a year plus and done everything on them that didnt include sliding and theyre still perfect. Ill actually use this said setup on spots that may require a sign on the ground for a crack or rougher ground.

Randozzi

« Reply #113 on: October 01, 2015, 10:17:58 PM »
New batch of wheels is up in their shop. 52, 53, 53.5, 54 and 56mm 101 and a new Lurker Lou wheel 54mm 95 hardness.
http://www.prizefightercutlery.com/shop/

colin

« Reply #114 on: October 02, 2015, 07:43:35 PM »
New graphics are dope