Author Topic: The Weed Thread  (Read 184402 times)

Sativa Lung

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 833
Re: The Weed Thread
« Reply #1350 on: March 06, 2022, 02:57:22 PM »

I haven’t smoked it in years and to be honest, I don’t think I ever smoked a decent cut that could fully represent what the strain is all about. It just wasn‘t much of a thing here. Still isn’t, most GC you’ll find is cheap budget buds (70-120$/oz). I’ve never seen high-end Green Crack here, I’d love to though.

When Green Crack was coming up in the States, we were getting lots of Purple/OG/Master/Hindu Kush and Haze strains up here.

I avoided green crack for a long time because of the name... I assumed it would be like a balls to the wall sour diesel style sativa but it's actually this really nice and fruity chill buzz haha. Ironically my state recently cracked down on not just non-weed terps but also any strain names that they consider "inappropriate" like GC, Alaskan Thunder fuck, Durban poison etc. Green crack became "green cush" and one grower changed it to mango cush which probably a better commercial name for it. It's not something I'd call must try but if you stumble across someone who has a good cut its worth a nug swap.

It was warm today and all the super durban is gone from the city (sold out 3 places yesterday...im so mad at myself for being lazy and not going) so I skated down to the dispensary to both scope out the menu and skate the handicap ramp and curb behind it. They had just gotten some new stuff in yesterday and one of them was something I had to try.

You're probably familiar with Bodhi seeds (of Goji OG fame), well they have a strain called Bodhi Tree. It's Jack Herer x Temple (an old Bodhi strain, supposedly a special SSH cut x Williams wonder) so of course anything even remotely resembling Jack is an insta-try for me. Haven't tried this yet but it's EXTREMELY promising. Basically a straight up Jack terp profile, I'm guessing the temple genes are there more to shorten flowering time or increase yield. I've been spoiled by the durban but 1.78% terpinoline is pretty insane and even though it's not listed this stuff is definitely high in ocimene, sniffing the jar decongests you instantly. Since it's basically Jack in a different outfit I have to save it for the morning.. But grinding, rolling, and dry hitting it all point to it being right up my alley.

PS - something kind of interesting about this one.. Under a loupe there's a lot more milky and amber trichomes on this than usual which indicates they waited a little longer to harvest. I wonder if that had any effect on the terp production since it turned out so well.

Edit: It's not as good as I was hoping but it's good high grade bud nonetheless. The high is a little more cloudy and not as energetic as Jack, but I don't feel like going back to bed or anything. I like it and I'd get it again if they didn't have goat, Durban, LB, Jack etc but it's probably not something I'll seek out.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2022, 02:00:48 AM by Buttfart Rapedick »

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1351 on: March 08, 2022, 12:19:46 PM »
Ok boys I got my tax return so I'm taking requests for my shopping trip tomorrow. If there's a strain you've been curious and I can find it tomorrow I'll grab it and review it.

Right now I'm planning on grabbing some golden goat from a different grower, maybe a quarter of the durban smalls if they have any, and maybe some magic Johnson (durban x the white) if its still on sale. Also grabbing a gram of white sour (the white x sour D) and one of Stardawg x Northern Lights Haze. Finally there's a new batch of Mac n cheese out that's up over 3% terps, but I just finished my last batch and it's good but I think I'd rather have the goat which is a similar terp profile albeit very different effects.

IUTSM

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1426
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1352 on: March 08, 2022, 01:07:07 PM »
Ok boys I got my tax return so I'm taking requests for my shopping trip tomorrow. If there's a strain you've been curious and I can find it tomorrow I'll grab it and review it.

Right now I'm planning on grabbing some golden goat from a different grower, maybe a quarter of the durban smalls if they have any, and maybe some magic Johnson (durban x the white) if its still on sale. Also grabbing a gram of white sour (the white x sour D) and one of Stardawg x Northern Lights Haze. Finally there's a new batch of Mac n cheese out that's up over 3% terps, but I just finished my last batch and it's good but I think I'd rather have the goat which is a similar terp profile albeit very different effects.

never heard white sour before, but Berry White can be really good (blueberry x white widow)!

as far as strains that can be nice that I haven't seen in a while... nothing too special, but the MOB (mother of berries) is jerry berry x blueberry. For a long time it was pretty much a Maine/East Coast Deadhead strain, but I've heard about it elsewhere in the recent times. Might not be your sorta bud, as it's generally a heavier indica. But, when well done, the berry flavor and nose can be unparalleled.
Well-defined ambiguity, I'm already on somebody's list as a casualty

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1353 on: March 09, 2022, 11:30:37 AM »
Wooooha went and grabbed a quarter of what I thought was a lesser form of durban (this dispensary only lists thca, not terps... Shitty corporate weed type place) only to be pleasantly surprised.

In PA our quarters are only ground flower (shake and trim) or small bud, so a lot of the time what ends up in the small flower ones are LARFy as fuck and have very low terps but this stuff is great. Slightly lower terps and thc but not by much, it's still 4.5% total terps with 2.23% terpinoline and dank and sticky as all hell. For $75 Ill be able to smoke all week and then some.

Also grabbed some stuff that was on closeout - jack 47 which looks like trash and kosher Tangie kush which actually looks pretty good. Both were $20. Good for social joints I suppose. The Tangie smells solid but this grower misses a lot more than they hit so I'll have to smoke it before giving it my seal of approval.

IUTSM

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1354 on: March 09, 2022, 12:42:23 PM »
Wooooha went and grabbed a quarter of what I thought was a lesser form of durban (this dispensary only lists thca, not terps... Shitty corporate weed type place) only to be pleasantly surprised.

In PA our quarters are only ground flower (shake and trim) or small bud, so a lot of the time what ends up in the small flower ones are LARFy as fuck and have very low terps but this stuff is great. Slightly lower terps and thc but not by much, it's still 4.5% total terps with 2.23% terpinoline and dank and sticky as all hell. For $75 Ill be able to smoke all week and then some.

Also grabbed some stuff that was on closeout - jack 47 which looks like trash and kosher Tangie kush which actually looks pretty good. Both were $20. Good for social joints I suppose. The Tangie smells solid but this grower misses a lot more than they hit so I'll have to smoke it before giving it my seal of approval.

75 for a quarter of shake????????????????????????????????????

Oh man, I'm in the wrong line of work.

FROTHY

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 373
« Reply #1355 on: March 09, 2022, 06:55:22 PM »
Keep in mind that I'm out of the loop with weed since I don't smoke, but I'm kind of interested.

What the heck is the state of affairs with e-cigarette or vaping use-associated lung injury (EVALI)? All the research I'm finding still seems to be stuck in 2019 where nobody is accounting for bootleg contaminated oils. Are there good studies on the safety of vaping THC? From my outside perspective, it looks like that topic is being buried. Even the youtube search results on this topic seem really weak and out of date.

Anyone have insight on EVALI or studies about THC vaping safety?

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1356 on: March 10, 2022, 02:22:10 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

75 for a quarter of shake????????????????????????????????????

Oh man, I'm in the wrong line of work.

The shake is usually 50-60 a quarter which is still ridiculous but people are dumb. It's fine for cooking I guess. For the "small flower" it's actually usually $85-90, so 75 was a sale price haha. I usually avoid them because they're a total crapshoot but this last batch of durban was so good that I had to give it a chance and I'm glad I did.

The $20 Kosher Tangie is actually decent. I had been hankering for a lil Tangie and this one's fine. Has the classic "orange B.O." funk that I usually associate with Tangie and orange krush type strains. I only smoked a little bowl when I was already baked so can't really comment on effects yet, but it tasted good.

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1357 on: March 10, 2022, 05:26:12 AM »
Keep in mind that I'm out of the loop with weed since I don't smoke, but I'm kind of interested.

What the heck is the state of affairs with e-cigarette or vaping use-associated lung injury (EVALI)? All the research I'm finding still seems to be stuck in 2019 where nobody is accounting for bootleg contaminated oils. Are there good studies on the safety of vaping THC? From my outside perspective, it looks like that topic is being buried. Even the youtube search results on this topic seem really weak and out of date.

Anyone have insight on EVALI or studies about THC vaping safety?

So obviously it's still being studied and there's a lot of noise to cut through, but a lot of the issues that started to become apparent around 2020 were due to adulterated or improperly made oils. Vitamin E acetate was the big one that made headlines, but a lot of the artificial flavors and non Cannabis terpenes you find in some carts are suspected or known to not be great for you. My state recently cracked down on this thankfully, but its still wide open on the black market or in states with less strict regulations.

The consensus as I understand it is that as long as the product is made correctly and any solvents used are removed then its more or less "safe", or at the least not more dangerous than just smoking it. Basically if you've done it right then what's in a live resin vape cart is just pure Cannabis oil with all the plant matter removed.

This is why its really important to know where your product comes and how it's made. Extracts like the oil in vape carts can be made a lot of different ways, some of which use some pretty complicated and science-y equipment and processes. There's a lot of ways to fuck it up and most people do. I personally avoid flavored carts and most distillate ones. Co2 distillate is a little different, but basically when you extract with that or ethanol the terpenes and essential oils that give a strain it's characteristic flavor and effect get separated from the cannabinoids and have to be re-added later. Obviously this leaves ample opportunity to adulterate or otherwise fuck up the final product.

So, I guess the tldr is that no one is really sure, but as long as what you're vaping is just weed extract then it's probably fine.

FROTHY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 373
« Reply #1358 on: March 10, 2022, 07:22:57 AM »
Thanks buttfart. Makes sense regarding impurities and flavors. Still surprised there aren't a bunch of YouTube videos nerding out about it.

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1359 on: March 10, 2022, 06:48:18 PM »
Thanks buttfart. Makes sense regarding impurities and flavors. Still surprised there aren't a bunch of YouTube videos nerding out about it.

There probably are, but they're going to be hard to find in the sea of modern Cannabis industry "content" that gets pumped out from all the corporate weed activists and grow bros. They're usually more concerned with showing you some shiny piece of $500 hardware or how to make hash from weight the average person will never even see let alone have access too.

If you really want to learn about this I would say try asking on a rosin pressing forum. Rosin is an extract/concentrate made by applying heat and pressure to the flower and essentially milking the melted trichomes/oil out. It's solventless and the people that are enthusiastic about it are usually very concerned with and knowledgeable about this sort of thing. I'm far from an expert, just a nerdy stoner.

lydius

• Rep: 43
« Reply #1360 on: March 11, 2022, 03:01:39 PM »
I got inspired by BR and wanted to share my current favorite nugs too.
My workstation. I almost always use a skate mag as de facto tray on the ottoman, it's been this Nyjah cover for a minute. I'm actually getting sick of it and am gonna swap in Myles Willards back wallride cover. The screen is good for half bowl quickies and helps keep the limited flower from blowing around in the over. The pick is part of a shell that I found on a beach on the Oregon coast. Every time I go hiking or to the ocean, I always try to keep my eye open for a good natural bowl pick. And the Firefly just works like a champ. Got to be diligent about cleaning it, but it's pretty manageable, just use an old toothbrush after every bowl to sweep out the bowl upside down, and wipe down with iso. Every month or so, take a beading needle and make sure none of the tiny air holes on the bottom are clogged. Chasing that good flavor:

Here's some detail on a Wonder Dawg nug of mine, I just really love this strain ever since I found it last year, the buds are just a pleasure to break apart and peel bits off. The purple shade and just how furry the buds are, with good Chem genetics shining through on this indoor grow. Interestingly, I have some b-buds from this same farm that are labeled something else (Clatskanie Hammer) but that are still the William's Wonder x Chemdawg hybrid. Those little (but dusty and potent) buds have a much more earthy, nutty, diesel flavor that is different compared to the main bud's slightly sweeter pine aroma.

Orange Cookie MAC; this is a fantastic sativa, just a sweet Tangie flavor, it's like dessert. I sometimes use it as afternoon bud to get something done between 2 and 5 before I go to the gym:

Two types of OG Kush, the top is from a farm called Integrity Management (love good vague corpo names) and has I would say a more traditional kush taste of rich earth and fruit, while the bottom are "mini budz" from NWCS up in Olympia that have a much more sativa-ish lemon-lime sweet citrus thing going on, with a hint of stink. The Integrity buds' flavor holds up longer in the vape after multiple draws, compared to the minibudz, where the flavor on first 2 hits is great, but not worth it after that:

IUTSM

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1361 on: March 11, 2022, 03:21:33 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

There probably are, but they're going to be hard to find in the sea of modern Cannabis industry "content" that gets pumped out from all the corporate weed activists and grow bros. They're usually more concerned with showing you some shiny piece of $500 hardware or how to make hash from weight the average person will never even see let alone have access too.

If you really want to learn about this I would say try asking on a rosin pressing forum. Rosin is an extract/concentrate made by applying heat and pressure to the flower and essentially milking the melted trichomes/oil out. It's solventless and the people that are enthusiastic about it are usually very concerned with and knowledgeable about this sort of thing. I'm far from an expert, just a nerdy stoner.

lol

I forget his name but someone mentioned him in here once, the dude whose trying to start weed sommelier school or something, is gaining a kind of big name but is a total mark. Dude's always been known to sell bad clones, like to the point that the clones have ruined farms seasons because they're infested w mites or moldy. But he's got a social media presence and is using the Humboldt/Emerald Triangle lineage to sell his current business of weed sommelier schtick. bleh.

It's true, but I'm salty like some mafia beasters from 2001.

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1362 on: March 12, 2022, 01:45:24 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

lol

I forget his name but someone mentioned him in here once, the dude whose trying to start weed sommelier school or something, is gaining a kind of big name but is a total mark. Dude's always been known to sell bad clones, like to the point that the clones have ruined farms seasons because they're infested w mites or moldy. But he's got a social media presence and is using the Humboldt/Emerald Triangle lineage to sell his current business of weed sommelier schtick. bleh.

Kevin Jodrey? He's the dude from your neck of the woods. I listen some of his stuff because hes got a similar obsession with old school genetics but I definitely don't buy his whole "east coast gangster turned west coast weed guru" shtick.

There's also Derek something, the effeminate little one that looks and acts like a real life Martin Short character. I actually like that guy.

The one that I always laugh at (because it sums up the Cali Cannabis industry so well) is Swami. He's an old white new York jew who's fooled enough people into thinking he's some sort of Eastern mystic that he actually has groupies and followers. Gotta respect the hustle I guess hahaha.

IUTSM

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1363 on: March 12, 2022, 12:36:12 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

lol

[close]

Kevin Jodrey? He's the dude from your neck of the woods. I listen some of his stuff because hes got a similar obsession with old school genetics but I definitely don't buy his whole "east coast gangster turned west coast weed guru" shtick.

There's also Derek something, the effeminate little one that looks and acts like a real life Martin Short character. I actually like that guy.

The one that I always laugh at (because it sums up the Cali Cannabis industry so well) is Swami. He's an old white new York jew who's fooled enough people into thinking he's some sort of Eastern mystic that he actually has groupies and followers. Gotta respect the hustle I guess hahaha.

Kevin Jodrey, yep. Total mark.

You'd dig it here. If all people, I'd love to take you around and show ya the shit ha ha ha

grimcity

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2214
  • computer says no
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1364 on: March 12, 2022, 01:10:03 PM »
I actually feel sort of bad for taking over the thread. It's kind of like a journal for me, a public archive of my weirdly obsessive habits I guess. If there's something I haven't had for a while I'll go back and re-read what I thought of it and kinda re-live the experience in a way. Plus it gives me something to do when I'm just sitting here smoking a joint by myself at 4am haha.
I wound up consuming most of this thread in one go before I returned full time to the forums... frankly, I love that you wound up kind've shepherding the thread. Super good!

I especially find it valuable as medical bud here in Louisiana is very new, and also just as a pure fan of cannabis... love that the thread is practically academic in terms of posting numbers and stats relating to different strains and ways to consume 'em.

By all means, please keep crushing it, fam!

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1365 on: March 13, 2022, 01:47:28 AM »
Expand Quote
I actually feel sort of bad for taking over the thread. It's kind of like a journal for me, a public archive of my weirdly obsessive habits I guess. If there's something I haven't had for a while I'll go back and re-read what I thought of it and kinda re-live the experience in a way. Plus it gives me something to do when I'm just sitting here smoking a joint by myself at 4am haha.
[close]
I wound up consuming most of this thread in one go before I returned full time to the forums... frankly, I love that you wound up kind've shepherding the thread. Super good!

I especially find it valuable as medical bud here in Louisiana is very new, and also just as a pure fan of cannabis... love that the thread is practically academic in terms of posting numbers and stats relating to different strains and ways to consume 'em.

By all means, please keep crushing it, fam!

Thanks guys, I just enjoy the discourse and want everyone to contribute. I guess with something thats so dependent on smell and touch you're kinda limited in how well you can communicate it via a screen so breaking it down into numbers is a necessary evil.

I got another quarter of durban, sadly it's either a new batch or the very tail end of the last one. The package date is a week or so later than the last one. Its still very good, over 4% total terps with 1.8% terpinoline, but its not quite as good as the last one. I did find a seed that was juuuuust on the cusp of being viable (but ultimately probably no good) so I'm going to be going through it with a fine tooth comb trying to find a mature one. If I do find one I'm going to give it to my dad's old head buddy and let him try to get it going and cloned since I don't have much experience and a landrace sativa is probably not the best place to start haha.

Not really worth taking pics of the popcorn. I may run after work and grab some stuff if it warms up a little.

@lydius Welcome to the thread, very nice intro post. Your first pic got an actual out loud "woo-hoo-hoo" from me haha. That's a beaut for sure. That orange MAC sounds like the kind of hybrid I tend to prefer for mid day flower. Do you guys get terp analysis on your packaging or is it just thc and branding?

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1366 on: March 13, 2022, 01:46:25 PM »
30% off for vets on Sundays at my go-to dispensary now! Stopped in to re-up on the golden goat live resin sauce and decided to just go ahead and re-fill the favorites part of the stash box while everything was in stock, plus a nice surprise bud snag.

Terp labels - White Lemons (super lemon haze x El Nino) flower on top, middle left is Lamb's Bread sugar and sauce, next to that is golden goat live resin sauce, and at the bottom is a crown royale (blueberry x purple kush) LLR cart. I had to pop open the LB and give it a toot with my nectar collector and it's a little different than last time (more citrus, less funk) but not in a bad way. Such a delicious and happy strain.

So the flower is only $30 before discount but im 99% sure its one of our premium corporate weed growers (moxie) just repackaged. No idea why it's literally half the cost but it's every bit as good as the stuff from the parent company. This strain is visually very similar to moxie's super lemon haze (one of the parents) but a very different terp profile with a load of floral myrcene to nail you right in the forehead. It's got a little bit of color to it (the SLH doesn't) and a nice little earthy skunk undertone that I'm guessing comes from the El Nino side, though I know nothing about that strain. Overall it's some of the prettiest $30 weed I've seen in our program, hoping it lives up to the look.

https://imgur.com/a/RuRsUE4

I got another budget purchase the other day but didn't even take pics.... It's Jack 47 and after rehydrating and trying it today I was sad because its poorly grown but just good enough that I could get a taste and feel what the genetics were capable of. I love both parents so even though it was on closeout and 9 months old I still had some hope for it. It's good enough to pass out next time I'm at the skate shop at least.

Edit: Holy shit thank God I came back and looked at this thread. Just noticed (from the pic) that the myrcene on my crown royale cart was suspiciously low... Because they gave me the wrong fucking cart. I ordered an LLR cart and they gave me a co2 one. If I hadn't caught that before opening it I would have been basically out $40 because Crown is kind of a weird strain in that its delicious in live resin form but the distillate tastes like drinking pickle juice out of a grease gun. Guess I have an excuse to go back in a day or two now.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2022, 06:37:35 PM by Buttfart Rapedick »

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1367 on: March 15, 2022, 03:05:59 AM »
People in other med markets, do you have issues with your growers mislabeling strains? For example there's 2 versions of Lamb's Breath/Bread you can get in our program.

Grower #1 is the one I get, it's a terpinoline and myrcene heavy strain with fairly pure narrow leaf bud structure indicating most of the genetics are sativa.. Light, fluffy, long slender buds and a long flowering cycle point towards it being a landrace from a climate with lots of long sunny days like say, Jamaica. Mild THC levels and one of the best tasting strains I've ever encountered, it's like a more tropical and sweeter version of Golden goat mixed with sunny delight orange drink.

My best friend just bought Grower #2 after asking me for a good sativa. Grower #2's version is definitely not a pure or pure-is sativa, it's squarely hybrid with denser and rounder, more indica style bud structure. It's linalool and caryophellene heavy and looks and smells like a modern OG kush hybrid. It has no terpinoline and not a lot of myrcene (the two terps which primarily give tropical sativas their happy and invigorating effect). This isn't a pheno thing, these are 2 completely different sets of genetics.

After looking into it and seems like it's not limited to my state, if you search for strain reviews you'll notice its like this in most of the US legal market. So, I started thinking if this isn't just them relabeling some OG or shitty inhouse breeding project then what's going on? I read up on the history of LB a little and it seems like its one of those strains that came to prominence for the wider world via the Dutch coffeehouse scene. I have 2 theories.... One is that during the search for landrace genetics in the 80s and 90s two different growers brought back two different strains from Jamaica and since "lambs breath" is essentially just Jamaican slang for good weed they both thought that's what it was called. The other is a bit more cynical. Tropical landrace sativas are known to be somewhat difficult to grow outside of their native climate, so my other theory is that one of the seed banks brought back actual LB seed and then either hybridized it into oblivion to try and make it more commercially viable or just did a straight up switcheroo with something easier to grow.

I suppose this is where terpene labels and knowing how to read them really helps, but I feel like there should be some degree of standardization, at least in the medical realm. I don't want trademarks or any bullshit like that, just a little common sense in the legislation like if you introduce a product thats named the same thing as an existing product then it should have the same genetic lineage. If Grandma goes to store and buys a jar that says ketchup, then gets home and its filled with mustard I think we would all agree that's wrong, but that's basically exactly what happens if you get Tahoe or SFV or lambs bread or even Jack (I shit you not we have a grower who tries to pass something with zero terpinoline or ocimene as Jack Herer).

And since you can't see or smell the product before purchase you really have to study the terp percents and proportions to get even part of the info you'd get with just taking a whiff. That's fine for nerds like me but most people either don't understand what the labels are and what they do, or they think it's really complicated and feel intimidated by them.

Here's the $20 Jack 47.

Like I said before, I love both parents and the influence is there but this grower is notoriously greedy and does tier pricing by thc level, so if it's 20% rather than 19.9% they charge $10 more. Naturally, this means they just push for THC numbers instead of terps and stress the fuck out of their plants in the process. Then once they realize they hermied half the room they quickly cut it down, trim it with a weed whacker, then hide the immature bud in a black glass jar and charge $55 for it. I would love to see this strain grown by someone who gives a fuck, but these assholes are the only ones who have it here.

Had a rough weekend at work and most of the progress I made in healing my back seems to be gone, so when I go to return that crown royale cart I may end up grabbing some GG4 or Afghani. I've read that GDP and some of the related grape/purp crosses are excellent for sciatica, so I may try to find something like that as well.

Natas Fauxas

« Reply #1368 on: March 16, 2022, 10:32:17 AM »
Little bud off a rando seed i grew this last summer. I just got a tent now its gonna be all year round.

Idk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 316
« Reply #1369 on: March 16, 2022, 11:18:15 AM »
Little bud off a rando seed i grew this last summer. I just got a tent now its gonna be all year round.

Im growing rn but did you dry and cure it? Or just dried it for a few days?

Natas Fauxas

« Reply #1370 on: March 16, 2022, 11:50:53 AM »
Im growing rn but did you dry and cure it? Or just dried it for a few days?
[/quote]

This was right after just drying. I cant find any pics of after i trimmed it up better and cured it. On a side note i was going through a box in my closet and found my old grinder.

Opened it up and it was like a solid puck of keef in the bottom. Its gotta be at least 5 years old.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2022, 06:01:32 PM by Natas Fauxas »

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1371 on: March 16, 2022, 03:34:49 PM »
Damn thats a nice looking nug. I've always wanted to get access to a genetic testing lab to compare some of the random bag seed you get on the street and see how close it is to the $100 seed packs people sell online. I've seen some really nice shit grown outdoor from bag seed by the farm boys and Amish kids back where I grew up.

It was a beautiful spring day today and I needed a new indica flower since I finished the blueberry muffin...checked the menu and bam.. . Double Afghan Chunk. Haven't seen the flower of this for ages. The genetics are a little weird... Chunkdawg x (9A95 x a Afghanica landrace).. but the end result is a beautiful classic Afghani bud. Smoked a little bowl and it's really, really nice. Not too terpy which is probably a good thing with a strain this funky. I'll give it a proper review once I really get to know it, but enjoy the pics until then.

https://imgur.com/a/aNqhmUk

IUTSM

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1372 on: March 16, 2022, 09:04:10 PM »
Damn thats a nice looking nug. I've always wanted to get access to a genetic testing lab to compare some of the random bag seed you get on the street and see how close it is to the $100 seed packs people sell online. I've seen some really nice shit grown outdoor from bag seed by the farm boys and Amish kids back where I grew up.

It was a beautiful spring day today and I needed a new indica flower since I finished the blueberry muffin...checked the menu and bam.. . Double Afghan Chunk. Haven't seen the flower of this for ages. The genetics are a little weird... Chunkdawg x (9A95 x a Afghanica landrace).. but the end result is a beautiful classic Afghani bud. Smoked a little bowl and it's really, really nice. Not too terpy which is probably a good thing with a strain this funky. I'll give it a proper review once I really get to know it, but enjoy the pics until then.

shitty growers gonna lie or cheat, especially in the legal market where there's going to be no consequence if there's a contractual buying thing. It's not like the shops actually know what they're doing most of the time either. Get rich quick schemes for many people/organizations in my opinion and experience. And, many consumers really don't know what the heck they're trying to buy either That sucks you and your friends are being sold mislabeled shit and hermied small buds at $55/8th or really, at all. Anything seeded, at all, fuck, man, seeds ain't no thing, but it's lower than mids afaic. Fuckin bullshit corporate weed.

did you read about that dude in Pittsburgh that was a former defense lawyer and MC who got hit in 2019 when his stash got raided following a 400lb delivery where the driver got popped with like half mil? Daniel Muesseig is his name. In the grand scheme of things, 400lbs isn't shit. People getting wacked on interstates with crazy amounts. This kid got hit with a literal ton last year and is out and living free, doing the thing

https://kymkemp.com/2021/03/17/indiana-state-police-arrested-mckinleyville-man-yesterday-with-what-they-estimate-to-be-over-5-million-in-marijuana/

About the lambs breath, my dad told me about having LB back in the late 70s and early 80s. Said it was the only real sensi that came around, rather than shit Mexican or Colombian that was deseeded. The Rasta say it was Bob Marley's favorite smoke. Was it a particular genetic or was it just a catch all for fire Jamaican sativa weed that was breed to be sinsemilla? Anything bred to be sinsemilla, especially back then, was going to be a knock out sativa strain. straight up.

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1373 on: March 17, 2022, 02:48:55 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

shitty growers gonna lie or cheat, especially in the legal market where there's going to be no consequence if there's a contractual buying thing. It's not like the shops actually know what they're doing most of the time either. Get rich quick schemes for many people/organizations in my opinion and experience. And, many consumers really don't know what the heck they're trying to buy either That sucks you and your friends are being sold mislabeled shit and hermied small buds at $55/8th or really, at all. Anything seeded, at all, fuck, man, seeds ain't no thing, but it's lower than mids afaic. Fuckin bullshit corporate weed.

did you read about that dude in Pittsburgh that was a former defense lawyer and MC who got hit in 2019 when his stash got raided following a 400lb delivery where the driver got popped with like half mil? Daniel Muesseig is his name. In the grand scheme of things, 400lbs isn't shit. People getting wacked on interstates with crazy amounts. This kid got hit with a literal ton last year and is out and living free, doing the thing

https://kymkemp.com/2021/03/17/indiana-state-police-arrested-mckinleyville-man-yesterday-with-what-they-estimate-to-be-over-5-million-in-marijuana/

About the lambs breath, my dad told me about having LB back in the late 70s and early 80s. Said it was the only real sensi that came around, rather than shit Mexican or Colombian that was deseeded. The Rasta say it was Bob Marley's favorite smoke. Was it a particular genetic or was it just a catch all for fire Jamaican sativa weed that was breed to be sinsemilla? Anything bred to be sinsemilla, especially back then, was going to be a knock out sativa strain. straight up.

Yeah I actually know a guy Dan M. was doing business with (in an unrelated legal field, not weed) and he lives and was busted about 3 minutes from where I'm sitting right now (same neighborhood as the tree of life). One of the guys he ran bud with ended up killing himself over the case. These were not gangsters poisoning our streets like the cops tried to spin it, it was a couple old hippies and their kids from a rich, Jewish neighborhood who liked to get stoned.

PA was (and still is in a lot of places) like deep south Bible belt "we don't like your kind round here" backwoods conservative when I was growing up and our laws and enforcement were equally awful. That's part of why I was so shocked when we actually passed a med law, up until like 2012 cops would still bust your ass and drag you to county over a roach. Shit, when I was 18 and got busted with an oz for the first time they tried to manipulate me into going into the projects and cold cop dope for them in order to get out of my charges... Who the fuck does that? It's like sending a kid with a pocket full of meat into a lions den. Years later when I started to fuck around with hard drugs and actually spent a lot of time around those same projects (was really close with my dealer at the time, he actually used to toss me bags to watch his daughter and help  her with her homework) I realized just how fucking dangerous it would have been. Our cops are subhuman scumbags for the most part and they regularly do shit like that. Even now with weed decriminalized and me having a med card I still hide my shit if I see a cop because they'll look for any pretense to stop and fuck with you. I've even been stopped for "speeding in a school zone" on my board haha

With the LB that's kind of what I was thinking with my first theory. It was just a catchall term for good weed back in the day on the island and it was almost certainly not just one strain they were growing (even the pure-ish version has some indica genetics indicating hybridization at some point in the landrace cultivation history) so it would be kind of like calling a strain "old world dank" or something. However, my thought process with the second theory is that bud #2 that's getting sold as LB doesn't really have any of the characteristics of other landrace sativas from places that get tons of long sunny days. It has a lot more in common with the black and grey market breeding philosophy of the 90s where they wanted shorter, faster flowering, higher yielding plants and damn near everything got crossed with an OG or chem.

My dad also got introduced to LB around the same time. He went to college on a soccer scholarship and his 2 roommates/teammates were these big Jamaican dudes who would just bring pounds back with them every time they went home. When I mentioned that I had gotten some his eyes lit up like a little kid haha. I really hope they drop some more of the flower because I want him to try it and give me his opinion on it. From what he described about the bud he remembers (really sweet, thick pale orange hairs, big long buds, very energetic and "arousing" which grossed me the fuck out) I'm almost positive its a pure or nearly pure sativa like the version I prefer, but I haven't seen the flower since the first time I got it so I can't have him confirm it until I come across some.

They did drop some sugar and sauce of it a few months ago but I didn't see any flower so I almost wonder if they had a curing disaster or something because growers here don't usually devote an entire harvest to just live resin products. I hope they're still growing it, if they are and they stick to harvesting every 3-4 months like they have been then we should be due for a new batch very soon. Fingers crossed. Unfortunately our third party dispensary search engine (www.pastrainfinder.com) doesn't list it so I have to manually search every dispensary in the area for it if I want to look outside the 4 or 5 menus that I check regularly.

Speaking of landraces that old heads loooooove, I ripped a bowl of that double Afghan chunk while I was watching wrestling last night. Despite the low terp % it tastes pretty strong and has a flavor that's just as interesting as the appearance. Definitely see why they call it the Asiago pheno, it's got a creamy, spicy, earthy, herbal kick to it that is really weird at first but I like. Effects are lovely. Beautiful old school afghani buzz where you just wanna chill out and watch something but you don't feel brain dead or drugged like you sometimes get with modern heavy indicas. I don't think it's going to suddenly become a new go-to flower for me but it's certainly worthy of a spot in the treat jar. They drop the other pheno of this strain (it's just called the "gas pheno") ill probably grab that, as I've had it in concentrate form and it whupped my arse.

TheBoognish

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 129
« Reply #1374 on: March 18, 2022, 03:54:53 PM »
Grower homie from BC just sent me a nice jar of his latest creation, the Blueberry Runtz bred by BC legend 39Green.

I’m stoked because I haven’t smoked any decent Blueberry strains in years and I’ve also never had decent Runtz before. She smells so loud, almost exactly like old school DJ Short Blueberry but slightly skunkier with some sourness, must be the Runtz in it I’m guessing. It’s in a mason jar about 15 feet away from me ane I can smell it from where I’m sitting right now.

Smoke test: Starts off smooth behind the eyes and after about 5-10 minutes you’re hit with a heavy head high. High lasts a long time, no munchies and didn’t make me too tired, one of those highs that kinda makes you feel dumb, perfect for music and gaming. Tastes like the DJ Short Blueberry I had in Amsterdam over 15 years ago. Strong potency and high quality stuff as always. Thick white smoke that coats your mouth, joint has a grease ring and ash is snow white, good stuff.

Batch is pretty fresh and will only get better as it dries a bit more.

I’ve had nicer looking buds before, but for the price he sold it to me (160 CAD for 33.7g), this is the steal of the fucking century. Bag appeal isn’t everything. I’m so thankful for knowing such good growers.

https://ibb.co/5Wf0q2W
https://ibb.co/3zBxHrB

His next release will be Cereal Milk x Runtz, which should be available in May I’m guessing. Another bastard creation of his, should be quite interesting.

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1375 on: March 19, 2022, 04:07:59 AM »
Oh my God boogs I hate you haha. You know blueberry is my shit so the whole time I was reading that I was like tasting it in mouth and missing it haha.

So I've got a little experience with both of those strains and it sounds like the runtz high definitely imparted itself a bit. Granted its different for everyone, but the reason I'm pretty selective about using those sorts of strains is that runtz and its ilk make me straight up braindead. Last batch of gummiez I had I lost my keys or phone like 4 times in a 20 minute span. Its like the tequila of the weed world - I enjoy it when I'm feeling a little wild but if I have even the slightest responsibility to attend to then the closest I'm going to get is remembering 3 hours after I was supposed to do it.

I really think that BB is kind of the perfect "whatever" strain. Like those days where its 3pm and your friends are all busy and you have nothing better to do than sit on the couch and giggle. It's got just the right amount of indica to keep me chill and lasts a long time.

Also jealous of your prices and network. One unintended but cool consequence of the packaging requirements here is that I no longer put much weight in how a bud looks. Bag appeal is pretty much worthless to me, it's all about the terps baby. Your eyes are easy to fool, your nose not so much.

Actually now that I think about it my favorite strains are far from visually appealing - Durban looks like gross wiry balls of dirt and grass, golden goat looks like its actually part goat with all its unruly thick orange hair, and the crown royale I had looked like straight up brick weed. And the prettiest stuff (in my opinion) I've had in the last half year was Jet Fuel Gelato, which I smoked 2 bowls out of and haven't touched since. That shit is like a bimbo super model while the others are the nice Jewish girl down the block who doesn't have a gag reflex and wants to be your sugar mama.

TheBoognish

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 129
« Reply #1376 on: March 19, 2022, 07:54:17 AM »
It’s actually not bad on the braindead feeling, more of a goofy and giggly high I’d say. Only smoked that strain yesterday to get a better feel of it and I really enjoyed it. It’s very Blueberry dominant, the Runtz just makes it more potent. Face-tingling and warm high, and not too couchlocking. I smoked it a few times during the day and never felt like napping or burnt out.

Blueberry has always been a great high for me, but never the most potent, this one’s got a nice kick to it. Let’s be honest, the best part of Blueberry for me has always been the taste. It could be 2% THC and I’d still smoke it for the taste alone. NOTHING tastes like a good Blueberry.

Then again, it’s not as potent as the Mr Wallace, Top Fuel or Animal Guavaz I have on deck, but there’s a time and a place for those. Been stretching the Animal Guavaz for a while, gonna be bummed when she’s gone. Mr Wallace and Top Fuel are only when I’m home with nothing to do, by far the strongest strains I’ve smoked in a while, I mean fuck, my lips and tip of my tongue go numb when I smoke a joint of it.

Using your tequila reference, I see the BB Runtz more as a warm bourbon or gin drunk rather than a wild tequila drunk.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #1377 on: March 19, 2022, 12:00:20 PM »
ok so i'm off any tobacco since my little mouth surgery and purchased a vapcap and holy fuck, it tastes fucking amazing. i used to spliff it, i actually don't really enjoy pure joints that much if i compare it to the vapcap to be honest. might have to check out more strains or maybe get different papers. i'm smoking the same strain side by side as a joint and in the vapcap and the vapcap is super delicious, joint tastes very suddy with a hint of peat tho. there's some pine coming through and slight citrus, but mostly old earth. not exactly bad, but not that great. the vapcap tastes like i'm inhaling a sweet flower and herb bucket with limey and grapefruity citrus notes and the taste lingers in my throat, it's awesome, like you had some intense herb candy. this was critical kush btw.

i tried a g pen years ago and was super disappointed and sold it shortly after purchase, this vapcap is the shit tho. only downside is that you look like a crack addict heating the thing up and that it only provides 1-2 good hits before you need to refill, so the experience is not like a joint. also the handling is a bit esoteric, with the airholes that you can fiddle around with to sort of regulate how strong your hits are gonna be. not sure i know what i'm doing lol.

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1378 on: March 20, 2022, 02:29:17 AM »
ok so i'm off any tobacco since my little mouth surgery and purchased a vapcap and holy fuck, it tastes fucking amazing. i used to spliff it, i actually don't really enjoy pure joints that much if i compare it to the vapcap to be honest. might have to check out more strains or maybe get different papers. i'm smoking the same strain side by side as a joint and in the vapcap and the vapcap is super delicious, joint tastes very suddy with a hint of peat tho. there's some pine coming through and slight citrus, but mostly old earth. not exactly bad, but not that great. the vapcap tastes like i'm inhaling a sweet flower and herb bucket with limey and grapefruity citrus notes and the taste lingers in my throat, it's awesome, like you had some intense herb candy. this was critical kush btw.

i tried a g pen years ago and was super disappointed and sold it shortly after purchase, this vapcap is the shit tho. only downside is that you look like a crack addict heating the thing up and that it only provides 1-2 good hits before you need to refill, so the experience is not like a joint. also the handling is a bit esoteric, with the airholes that you can fiddle around with to sort of regulate how strong your hits are gonna be. not sure i know what i'm doing lol.

I had a dynavap which is basically the same thing, and I agree that for vaping flower it's probably my favorite. Sadly I lost it while skating one day and didn't realize it until I got home and I've never replaced it. Actually that thing is probably part of what helped me figure out the different terps because I remember being pretty blown away the first time I tried something really tasty in it. I have a battery powered ceramic bowl flower vape and it's just not the same. Fuck. Now I'm sitting here smoking this joint of durban poison and thinking about how great it would probably taste in that thing haha. Cedar, pine, and this batch has a stronger black licorice note than usual. It would probably taste like  black jelly beans in a cap style vape.

G pens blow. They're genuinely some of the worst vapes on the market even if you ignore the ridiculous prices. You used to see them everywhere and now I rarely see them in the wild because they all either broke or got replaced with something better.

It’s actually not bad on the braindead feeling, more of a goofy and giggly high I’d say. Only smoked that strain yesterday to get a better feel of it and I really enjoyed it. It’s very Blueberry dominant, the Runtz just makes it more potent. Face-tingling and warm high, and not too couchlocking. I smoked it a few times during the day and never felt like napping or burnt out.

Blueberry has always been a great high for me, but never the most potent, this one’s got a nice kick to it. Let’s be honest, the best part of Blueberry for me has always been the taste. It could be 2% THC and I’d still smoke it for the taste alone. NOTHING tastes like a good Blueberry.

Then again, it’s not as potent as the Mr Wallace, Top Fuel or Animal Guavaz I have on deck, but there’s a time and a place for those. Been stretching the Animal Guavaz for a while, gonna be bummed when she’s gone. Mr Wallace and Top Fuel are only when I’m home with nothing to do, by far the strongest strains I’ve smoked in a while, I mean fuck, my lips and tip of my tongue go numb when I smoke a joint of it.

Using your tequila reference, I see the BB Runtz more as a warm bourbon or gin drunk rather than a wild tequila drunk.

Yeah I was more thinking of gummiez and jfg with the braindead/tequila part. Runtz hits me closer to like GSC which is one of my happy and giggly strains, but really anything that has a lot of limonene affects my short term memory to some extent haha.

I agree that good bb is one of the best tasting strains ever... I got a gram of it a few months ago and it was like seeing an old friend. We only have one grower that does it here and they're not the best but that's one strain they get right. Haven't seen it for a while so hopefully we're due for another batch soon. We do have a lot of BB crosses and imitations though, that BB muffin I had last month was unbelievably tasty and of course I've gone through about a hundred carts/concentrates of crown royale. It is a mild high, especially by today's standards, but I think that's part of what makes it a good parent - it's versatile and simple.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #1379 on: March 20, 2022, 03:58:54 AM »
@Buttfart Rapedick

yeah, the naming is a bit weird haha. so i have the dynavap vapcap m 2021 to be exact, and then there's just different styles that are functionally the same i think, it's just the metal ridges/grips are different. i'm a candidate for losing it for sure as well haha. hope that don't happens too quick.

another cool thing, i've been on day 5 without any nicotine and doing really well. i also crave weed less. i guess because i used to mix. just trying to keep going like this.

EDIT:

was just browsing for some accessories and saw they sell a concentrate cap as well or you can just use something like a cotton swab, pretty sick. i have no access to concentrates yet, but this will be sick once we got our legal market going.

it's actually crazy, they grow mad weed an hour north of where i live, it's like germany's biggest medical grow op. getting their with the bus or by rail takes a bit too long tho for my convenient ass, almost thought it would be fun to work there, as they are looking for harvesting helpers.

all the stuff and tech is already in place, they just have to pass the damn law already and let people set up shops.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2022, 04:50:59 AM by Frank »