Author Topic: Zion of Nike  (Read 36582 times)

90sDamiano

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -82
Re: Zion of Nike
« Reply #120 on: March 05, 2021, 01:26:15 PM »
Some dumb asses in here really think he got kicked off hahahaha
Y’all just gotta admit that you don’t like black people ::)

Xen

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1010
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #121 on: March 05, 2021, 01:30:48 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I find it surprising a productive skater with an agent would be cut rather than his contract is just not renewed
[close]

What's he been putting out?
[close]

not saying its the pinnacle of skate videos or anything, but this video seemed to be kind of a big deal

http://youtu.be/ZYAzo5OdqHM?t=2780

4 minutes from Dec. of last year?

Dec, Jan, Feb, Mar..

He's good for sure and I don't GAF about his 'redbull style' but it seems like his hype train left the station turning pro and he's just riding off into the sunset...it's like Kwalks. Maybe REAL is just too stacked these days.

Mantracker

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 160
« Reply #122 on: March 05, 2021, 01:31:58 PM »
I'm stoked we wont have to see footage in Nike track pants anymore, but now I am scared at what track pants we will see

I just miss when he used to wear light washed jeans

I'm also guessing NB#

doyle

• Rep: 213
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #123 on: March 05, 2021, 01:55:16 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I find it surprising a productive skater with an agent would be cut rather than his contract is just not renewed
[close]

[close]

not saying its the pinnacle of skate videos or anything, but this video seemed to be kind of a big deal

[close]

Dec, Jan, Feb, Mar..

He's good for sure and I don't GAF about his 'redbull style' but it seems like his hype train left the station turning pro and he's just riding off into the sunset...it's like Kwalks. Maybe REAL is just too stacked these days.

I'm confused, are you saying that he's unproductive because he hasn't done much since his last part that came out 10 weeks ago?

alex

• Rep: 34
« Reply #124 on: March 05, 2021, 01:57:01 PM »
NB seems like a good spot for him. But maybe that's just because he foy wear red bull hats exclusively
Suns out, im going skating. chow

Grind King Rims

« Reply #125 on: March 05, 2021, 01:57:31 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Dec, Jan, Feb, Mar..

[close]

I'm confused, are you saying that he's unproductive because he hasn't done much since his last part that came out 10 weeks ago?

TastyBurrito

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 546
« Reply #126 on: March 05, 2021, 02:03:25 PM »
NB seems like a good spot for him. But maybe that's just because he foy wear red bull hats exclusively

If Red Bull told me they'd pay me good money to wear their hat all the time. Then why the hell not?

But I put my money on that Zion just got a better deal and it's waiting to be announced. He's going to lead the resurgence of Airwalk.

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 701
« Reply #127 on: March 05, 2021, 02:15:43 PM »
He's going to lead the resurgence of Airwalk.

Me if they reissue the NTS:

why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

Alois Hitler Jr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -389
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
  • User is banned from postingMuted
« Reply #128 on: March 05, 2021, 02:53:04 PM »
I could see him on Krooiuma
9/11 was a national tragedy

Owen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 302
    • My Photos avatar image
« Reply #129 on: March 05, 2021, 04:43:53 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Do you guys know about the culture of skateboarding?
Jorts
Anklets
Rat tails
Sling shots
Toe rings
Shuv it tail grabs
Jump ramps

spacial_profiling

• Rep: -88
« Reply #130 on: March 05, 2021, 08:15:00 PM »
He's going to NB#. Case closed. Same reason Jamie left Nike and ended up there. Most bang for your buck. Pro shoe. Come on...

TastyBurrito

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 546
« Reply #131 on: March 05, 2021, 08:18:09 PM »
He's going to NB#. Case closed. Same reason Jamie left Nike and ended up there. Most bang for your buck. Pro shoe. Come on...

Jamie wasn’t on Nike, was he? I remember him being on Diamond footwear then going to NB when Diamond folded.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 259
« Reply #132 on: March 05, 2021, 08:22:16 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Jamie wasn’t on Nike, was he? I remember him being on Diamond footwear then going to NB when Diamond folded.

Never listen to any account with a stock photo

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1078
« Reply #133 on: March 05, 2021, 10:15:10 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Never listen to any account with a stock photo

Pre am scramble foy was wearing nikes, not sure if it he was flow or just buying shoes, but when he really started to buzz he got picked up by diamond, which was better than hoping for a Nike check.

Fraserjamesjollyjamieson

• Rep: -17
  • Brown 2
« Reply #134 on: March 05, 2021, 11:02:36 PM »
Expand Quote
The “can’t wait to see what my future holds” line makes me think that he actually got cut and is just trying to be positive about it.
[close]

That does sound like it but Nike is a major sponsor of the US Olympic team and Zion is going to the Olympics so it would be weird to drop him. Maybe something happened and they’re distancing themselves for some reason? Looking at their team list on the website, there are way more people I’d think are less productive or less potentially profitable than Zion. Terp is still listed on there for Christ’s sake.

No one is for sure going to the Olympics yet they have a us team but they still have to qualify say ishod joslin foy have a really good results at the events before the Olympics they’d go instead of the guys they are showing on their team

duniwayRobber

• Rep: -140
  • ?
« Reply #135 on: March 06, 2021, 07:51:50 AM »
Here is a link to information about the old rules concerning endorsements during the Olympics:

https://www.bustle.com/articles/176742-can-olympic-athletes-get-paid-for-endorsements-the-rio-olympics-rules-can-be-tricky-to-navigate

Here is another for the new rules, instituted for what would have been the 2020 games:

https://www.latimes.com/sports/olympics/story/2019-10-08/olympic-athletes-tokyo-2020-games

I was hoping that it would give some insight into why Zion left, but I can't piecemeal together anything.

The only thing it does indicate to me is that whoever claimed Under Armour might be right, since there awaits $$$ for anyone willing to side with Vader companies that can afford (inter)national marketing before, during, and after the games.
fuck poutine we eat pussy out here.

I_Respect_Wood

• Rep: 10
« Reply #136 on: March 06, 2021, 08:28:33 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
sorry fellas but I've never seen Ishod or GT do a Tre flip into a vert 540 with a hangover for an IG throwaway

but that's all history. now that Zion off it frees up a spot for another nordic wallie guy
[close]

Nordic wallie guys are cooler than vert 540's
[close]

I have come to understand that in the SLAP forum alternate universe that being a smooth skinned white guy from Norway who does pivot fakie in sweatpants and no shirt is the pinnacle of what is considered cool. I am not yet convinced this definition of cool extends outside of this Internet forum
[close]

Nike exists outside of SLAP y'know. Why would they hook up sweatpants Bjorn unless they also think he's cool?

You couldn't be thinking Fernando Bramsmark, he's Swedish not Norwegian... and I think he can probably 540 too? Oh, and he's black.

Nike didn't kick Zion off, right? So why are you mad?
[close]

not mad just messing with the dorks on here

but nike hooks up people the guy at Nike wants to hook up. there's way less "logic" to it than the slap industry analysts assume. maybe Zion left because he doesn't get along with the TM there. not getting along with your boss is why most people quit their job

If so, who was the TM of Zion? Scuba? Sinclair? Bobier? they have a few I thin so.

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 107
« Reply #137 on: March 06, 2021, 08:33:21 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Weird, he basically looks like a textbook Nike skateboard athlete

People are misunderstood on The olympics shit though. 20 skaters get qualified based on contest points and Max 3 per country, so his chances are very slim
[close]

Yeah and there's been no contests in almost a year so points won't really hold that much weight.

I bet it's go down to who's fittest, on form, had their vaccine, got their travel papers and can pass the drug test(s). That's who's going. If more than 2 of those prerequisites are a fail, they aren't going.
[close]

Anyone have any info on paid/sponsored skateboarders in the Olympics? I was under the impression that no athlete in the Olympics could accept financial incentive from sponsors...

If that is the case, he could be leaving Nike to help secure his spot in the next games.

No one would be able to do the type of training it takes to get into the Olympics without sponsor support, you just can't wear sponsor branding in the games

duniwayRobber

• ?
« Reply #138 on: March 06, 2021, 08:39:38 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

People are misunderstood on The olympics shit though. 20 skaters get qualified based on contest points and Max 3 per country, so his chances are very slim
[close]

Yeah and there's been no contests in almost a year so points won't really hold that much weight.

I bet it's go down to who's fittest, on form, had their vaccine, got their travel papers and can pass the drug test(s). That's who's going. If more than 2 of those prerequisites are a fail, they aren't going.
[close]

Anyone have any info on paid/sponsored skateboarders in the Olympics? I was under the impression that no athlete in the Olympics could accept financial incentive from sponsors...

If that is the case, he could be leaving Nike to help secure his spot in the next games.
[close]

No one would be able to do the type of training it takes to get into the Olympics without sponsor support, you just can't wear sponsor branding in the games

Absolutely, I was thinking there was some clause for companies that have their equipment used in the games.

If the entire running team is supposed to wear Airwalk for their races, I imagined conflicts would arise if only one of the runners was also being paid from Airwalk.

Unrelated but kind of odd that Visa and McDonalds are the sole sponsors of the games.

Ilya Oblomov

• Rep: 14
« Reply #139 on: March 06, 2021, 10:52:51 AM »
For track and field the kits are supplied by Nike because they are the track and field sponsor. The athletes have to wear the Nike clothing but the athletes wear whatever shoe brand they are sponsored by.

BrockSamson

• Rep: 3
« Reply #140 on: March 06, 2021, 11:20:25 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

i looked into this when it first got announced cuz I was expecting the team to end up being all the Nike/Real Guys or something like that. The rule is you use any brand of any equipment(and outfit it with whatever stickers or whatever you want) but your "uniform" and like warm up gear has to be official US Olympic team issue(Nike)

JANUS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 595
« Reply #141 on: March 06, 2021, 11:59:51 AM »
Unrelated but kind of odd that Visa and McDonalds are the sole sponsors of the games.

Really? Because those companies are the exact kinds of scumbag bastards I would expect to promote a needlessly wasteful, environmentally damaging, pointless public spectacle during a pandemic.
If you can't handle me at my Marc Johnson, you don't deserve me at my Bobby Puleo.

duniwayRobber

• ?
« Reply #142 on: March 06, 2021, 01:40:00 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Really? Because those companies are the exact kinds of scumbag bastards I would expect to promote a needlessly wasteful, environmentally damaging, pointless public spectacle during a pandemic.

I should have placed 'sole' in bold. Their exclusive sponsorship leaves them as practical owners of the games.

JANUS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 595
« Reply #143 on: March 06, 2021, 02:03:58 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I should have placed 'sole' in bold. Their exclusive sponsorship leaves them as practical owners of the games.

Ah, I misunderstood. Apologies.
If you can't handle me at my Marc Johnson, you don't deserve me at my Bobby Puleo.

squippy

• Rep: -65
« Reply #144 on: March 06, 2021, 06:33:10 PM »
Slap:

"We need cancel PJ for following racist accounts."

Being racist to brazilians: ok.

You seem absolutely miserable to be around

cky enthusiast

« Reply #145 on: March 07, 2021, 05:35:07 AM »
seem like Zion may be living a real life Ballers situation. The Rock and Rob Corddry getting him a pro model on NB and partial ownership in the Jupiter FL women's MLS expansion team

do you mean the NWSL you sexist jerk?!?!

Sold Out

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 94
« Reply #146 on: March 09, 2021, 05:26:54 PM »
Just saw Skateline (that dude is his homie) and he was hinting that Nike kicked Zion off.

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -763
« Reply #147 on: March 09, 2021, 05:33:56 PM »
Just saw Skateline (that dude is his homie) and he was hinting that Nike kicked Zion off.

What did he say ?
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 459
« Reply #148 on: March 09, 2021, 05:36:28 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Ah, I misunderstood. Apologies.

Yeah that’d be right
Money and food
listen to cosmic psychos

Gaius Julius

• Rep: 1
« Reply #149 on: March 09, 2021, 06:10:42 PM »
Expand Quote
Slap: