Author Topic: Skate to bad brains  (Read 3994 times)

mr cheese

Skate to bad brains
« on: February 29, 2016, 09:55:07 PM »
That is all

fulltechnicalskizzy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1936
Re: Skate to bad brains
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2016, 09:56:29 PM »
Mr. Cheese, ladies and gentleman!

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 143
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2016, 09:57:01 PM »
Fire burn all bloodclot faggots!

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1362
« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2016, 09:59:49 PM »
Yeah that homophobic shit is weak but this part isn't

Mr. Fink

« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2016, 10:35:20 PM »
Pops skating to Don't Bother Me was sick.

mr cheese

« Reply #5 on: February 29, 2016, 11:15:01 PM »
Pops skating to Don't Bother Me was sick.
Hell yeah. And this dude

Main

• Rep: -208
« Reply #6 on: February 29, 2016, 11:39:57 PM »
Lol this post and the first reply had me laughing good. I agree, but man Circle Jerks gets me even more pumped.

sid vicious

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 64
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2016, 01:44:21 AM »
Ryan fabry
Don't blow bubbles
Questionable
/thread

franquietits

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 64
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2016, 02:25:38 AM »
I think it'd be kinda hard to edit to the bad brains, being that their music is so fast paced with clashing drums and all. Most of the time when I see parts with it, I get that disconnected feeling where I can hear/see the skating but the music isn't jiving well. Cardiel's part prob did it the best

long separate note:
I swear, one time I went to the pretty sweet tour stop in SLC, Ut & I swear I seen HR. I was standing in a long line outside of the skate shop waiting for the shiznit to begin, being bored and all, then I look over my shoulder and saw this dude walking past everyone with a strong pep in his step. Felt like I seen a ghost. He was middle age to old looking, was wearing a white shortsleeve button up w/plain chinos and had a rasta knit beanie on, holding in his hair. His grayish beard was starting to come  (At the time he had a new video interview out like a month before, where he had a freshly shaven face). I felt so nervous all the sudden. I never really been star struck before. He was hanging outside the front near the entrance for some reason standing around. NOONE AROUND SEEMED TO FUCKING NOTICE. He looked tough with alot of almost an impatient kind of energy. As the line started moving we got to the door and stopped. I wanted to look back at him so bad just to make sure, but I was nervous he'd know I was onto him, so I didn't. Went inside, told the shop employee who was a cool dude ive seen around. He went over to the window and peaked & was like, 'hmmm, thats crazy!". I mentioned it to kenny anderson at the signing table and he said, "maybe, I think some skaters might be friends with him"... & that was it. My friends didn't know who he was, but were pressuring me to just go up to him, but I was too shy to (I was into them alot at the time and so he was like michael jackson to me). 
I'll never know for real now, its just a memory. Pretty sure it was him though. Don't know why he would be there so randomly. The area was close to downtown were more music venues are, so who knows. What was I gonna do, go up to him and be like "fuck yeah, bad brains myaan!".  

Other funny tidbits from that day:

-my friend was offering lollipops to biebel in the parking lot and was subtly pressuring him, "you want some...you sure man, you sure?". Beibel seemed suspicious towards us about it.
-My friend was pressuring me (whispering in my ear) to ask raven if I could sign his arm cast, right in front of his face. He looked kinda freaked out. It was so embarassing.
- I asked MJ to sign my etc insole, cause he just got on that team at the time. He gave me the weirdest look for asking. WTF is up with that?
-MJ ditched his used board on the street right in front of the skateshop for anyone who wanted it. We were in my friends car when we saw it, he cruised over opened his driver door and scooped it up right in front the whole world, in everyone's face. Something about that was so funny and cunning.   
« Last Edit: March 01, 2016, 02:45:43 AM by franquietits »

Yu Dum

« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2016, 07:31:08 AM »
I am Blind Fisherman, and I approve of this message.

Casey Jones

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -53
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2016, 08:29:54 AM »
Sacred Love

BornToLose

• Rep: 0
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2016, 08:47:17 AM »

Farty McBoner

• Rep: 2

miff

• Rep: -7
« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2016, 10:32:55 AM »
Yeah that homophobic shit is weak but this part isn't

Damn, that sped-up Grand hill bomb was pretty nuts to have only been used for the intro... That thing is huge, made it look easy.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2016, 10:46:46 AM »

Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

smellsdead

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1271
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2016, 12:58:11 PM »
sick i listened to pay to cum on my way to work and now im seeing this thread.
pma
fvk

• Rep: 99
  • Fully Flared! coming November 16th 2007
« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2016, 04:25:22 PM »
earl berle

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2016, 04:51:23 PM »
I feel like skating to bad brains, slayer, old metallica, or a few other bands should only be done by a certain select few. If you are going to skate to something that fast and hard, what you do better match it in intensity. Cards can skate to bad brains, Shane O'neill, as good as he may be, never should.
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

IHOP

« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2016, 07:30:44 PM »
I  can do without ever hearing big take over in a skate video again, or any modest mouse song.

HoudiniXLogic

• Rep: -17
« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2016, 08:11:37 PM »
I feel like skating to bad brains, slayer, old metallica, or a few other bands should only be done by a certain select few. If you are going to skate to something that fast and hard, what you do better match it in intensity. Cards can skate to bad brains, Shane O'neill, as good as he may be, never should.

Style of skating synonymous with the style of music. This combination really dictates whether a part is great or not.

Even though the majority of the music I listen to is punk and metal, tech skating goes much better with hip hop.

Anyways,

Lance

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 581
« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2016, 08:35:24 PM »
Anyone else notice that Tony Parker is the Gino of basketball?

Vibes of skating rocks

• Rep: -22
« Reply #21 on: March 01, 2016, 10:01:46 PM »

headtowall

• Rep: -12
« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2016, 09:01:46 AM »
finally a worthwhile thread.

BornToLose

• Rep: 0
« Reply #23 on: March 02, 2016, 09:20:36 AM »

edit:
Can't leave out Willy

« Last Edit: March 02, 2016, 09:34:18 AM by BornToLose »

fickdiepolizei666

• Rep: -7
« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2016, 09:33:57 AM »

« Last Edit: March 02, 2016, 09:35:28 AM by fickdiepolizei666 »

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #25 on: March 02, 2016, 08:02:27 PM »
 Bad Brains.    and fking slayer n metalica don't need to be seen in sentence form together.  Why don't ya just throw Van Halen in there too?
« Last Edit: March 02, 2016, 08:09:36 PM by givecigstosurfgroms »
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

doublesteveburger

« Reply #26 on: March 02, 2016, 09:36:20 PM »
I think it'd be kinda hard to edit to the bad brains, being that their music is so fast paced with clashing drums and all. Most of the time when I see parts with it, I get that disconnected feeling where I can hear/see the skating but the music isn't jiving well. Cardiel's part prob did it the best

long separate note:
I swear, one time I went to the pretty sweet tour stop in SLC, Ut & I swear I seen HR. I was standing in a long line outside of the skate shop waiting for the shiznit to begin, being bored and all, then I look over my shoulder and saw this dude walking past everyone with a strong pep in his step. Felt like I seen a ghost. He was middle age to old looking, was wearing a white shortsleeve button up w/plain chinos and had a rasta knit beanie on, holding in his hair. His grayish beard was starting to come  (At the time he had a new video interview out like a month before, where he had a freshly shaven face). I felt so nervous all the sudden. I never really been star struck before. He was hanging outside the front near the entrance for some reason standing around. NOONE AROUND SEEMED TO FUCKING NOTICE. He looked tough with alot of almost an impatient kind of energy. As the line started moving we got to the door and stopped. I wanted to look back at him so bad just to make sure, but I was nervous he'd know I was onto him, so I didn't. Went inside, told the shop employee who was a cool dude ive seen around. He went over to the window and peaked & was like, 'hmmm, thats crazy!". I mentioned it to kenny anderson at the signing table and he said, "maybe, I think some skaters might be friends with him"... & that was it. My friends didn't know who he was, but were pressuring me to just go up to him, but I was too shy to (I was into them alot at the time and so he was like michael jackson to me). 
I'll never know for real now, its just a memory. Pretty sure it was him though. Don't know why he would be there so randomly. The area was close to downtown were more music venues are, so who knows. What was I gonna do, go up to him and be like "fuck yeah, bad brains myaan!".  

Other funny tidbits from that day:

-my friend was offering lollipops to biebel in the parking lot and was subtly pressuring him, "you want some...you sure man, you sure?". Beibel seemed suspicious towards us about it.
-My friend was pressuring me (whispering in my ear) to ask raven if I could sign his arm cast, right in front of his face. He looked kinda freaked out. It was so embarassing.
- I asked MJ to sign my etc insole, cause he just got on that team at the time. He gave me the weirdest look for asking. WTF is up with that?
-MJ ditched his used board on the street right in front of the skateshop for anyone who wanted it. We were in my friends car when we saw it, he cruised over opened his driver door and scooped it up right in front the whole world, in everyone's face. Something about that was so funny and cunning.   

Probably because you asked him to sign the insole of a shoe.

I_Respect_Wood

• Rep: 11
« Reply #27 on: March 04, 2016, 03:32:23 PM »
Is just me or "BIG TAKE OVER" is the must used song in skate videos?

is there another song used so many times?

all that you put in this thread and according to skatevideosite:

Poncho Time
Kevin Manning - Bad Brains - Big Takeover

Shepdawgs Vol. 2
Tyler Hayward - Bad Brains - Big Takeover

Really Smut
- The Bad Brains - Big Take Over

Cultura Patinetera - Capitulo 6
 - Bad Brains - Big Take Over

Adio - Rock Adio
Alex Chalmers in Sane - Bad Brains - The Big Takeover

Consolidated - So Quick Achieved
 Brian Heck - Bad Brains - Big Take Over

Digital - Sane
 Alex Chalmers - Bad Brains - The Big Takeover

Get Gnarly
Intro Montage - Bad Brains - Big Take Over

My friend used in his parts a couple years ago in his part for a local clothing brand.... And the list must go on....

Also, I liked this one: