Author Topic: Jeremy Wray off Element  (Read 8797 times)

AssBandit

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 60
  • trip ouuuuttt brooooo...
Re: Jeremy Wray off Element
« Reply #30 on: December 19, 2012, 02:03:43 PM »
Can't be more hyped!  Now he's got no one to hold him back in producing footage but himself.  A new part will hopefully be coming soon...

mooraga

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -35
« Reply #31 on: December 19, 2012, 02:34:17 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
There was an interview with TWS or something else where he publicly slammed Element for dicking him around when he'd done so much for the company, while he was still on the 'Legend' Team.  Anyone know a link???
[close]

http://www.jenkemmag.com/home/2011/12/28/the-stuff-you-want-to-know-about-jeremy-wray/
[close]

very good interview. fuck element...

well... he's still on their website
http://us.elementbrand.com/g/team#jeremybr-wray

been always there... so weird

professional

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 127
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #32 on: December 19, 2012, 02:43:26 PM »
that shit wray

ZEBRA

« Reply #33 on: December 19, 2012, 02:47:31 PM »
Boards look sick. Not a huge fan of the name, but it's cool.

Baron Samedi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 372
« Reply #34 on: December 19, 2012, 02:55:01 PM »

eelbermston

• Rep: 8
« Reply #35 on: December 19, 2012, 04:24:19 PM »
that ride channel thing was sick! If he could take all that and put it into a new company it would be so awesome!

pica

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -36
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #36 on: December 19, 2012, 05:16:20 PM »
this is old news and has been known for months. other than that i hate how that watertower ollie gets brought up in every single jeremy wray thread. yes it is huge, yes it is gnarly as fuck, but holy shit i can not imagine any other skater getting reduced to one trick so many times.

Jive Turkey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 93
« Reply #37 on: December 19, 2012, 06:14:14 PM »
Expand Quote
this is old news and has been known for months. other than that i hate how that watertower ollie gets brought up in every single jeremy wray thread. yes it is huge, yes it is gnarly as fuck, but holy shit i can not imagine any other skater getting reduced to one trick so many times.

[close]
If that's your point why not mention some of the countless other groundbreaking shit he's done?

Front 360 'the bad' years and years before anything even close.
Front 360 Love.
Front 360 the roof gap Rowley impossible'd in Extremely Sorry, a good decade prior.
The gigantic Oceanside triple set.
Nose grind the huge ledge Apples front nose'd in Extremely Sorry, a good decade prior.
First dude grinding up a handrail, nosegrind none the less.
Backside heel Santa Monica triple.

TAKE YOUR PICK.

He shut down Carlsbad for years after SHS dropped. Not to mention everything he does is solid and with perfect form. He just looks good skating.
Jeremy and Jonas fucking rip and I'm stoked at the possibility of seeing some new footy of either of them.

Not feeling the name though. And although the graphics are clean and nice design wise the cigarette thing has been done to death.

Seamus_McShamebag

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 855
« Reply #38 on: December 19, 2012, 07:04:23 PM »

I was completely ignorant to Jeremy Wray starting his own board company before being complely ignorant to Jeremy Wray starting his own board company was cool.  In other news, I tripped while carrying my Penny board, scratched up my neon wayfarer sunglasses and tore a hole in my new Fucking Awesome shirt on the way to a local dive bar for a PBR and a hand rolled, Drum tobacco cigarette. You guys hear that Gotye song yet?

tangar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 64
  • THINK LESS
Man the long board truck thing killed indy for me. I was willing to set aside the racism, but long boarding, gtfo... - DH

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #40 on: December 19, 2012, 10:24:13 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
If that's your point why not mention some of the countless other groundbreaking shit he's done?

Front 360 Love.
Front 360 the roof gap Rowley impossible'd in Extremely Sorry, a good decade prior.
Nose grind the huge ledge Apples front nose'd in Extremely Sorry, a good decade prior.

TAKE YOUR PICK.

Front 270 to fakie smith down LA high rail [the clock is still ticking] years before anybody else did
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

crobar

• Rep: 26
« Reply #41 on: December 19, 2012, 10:33:30 PM »

can i bum a cig?

zuma

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 144
« Reply #42 on: December 20, 2012, 01:41:38 AM »
there s a label board out- i think it s a watkins ... marlboro days...

ekayallday

• Rep: -6
« Reply #43 on: December 20, 2012, 01:45:52 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

Front 360 Love.

TAKE YOUR PICK.

[close]
Front 270 to fakie smith down LA high rail [the clock is still ticking] years before anybody else did

FUCK OFF

SHOW ME

seamoose

• Rep: 12
« Reply #44 on: December 20, 2012, 02:35:54 AM »

seamoose

• Rep: 12
« Reply #45 on: December 20, 2012, 02:36:54 AM »
is no one else bummed that the company is called fucking wray brothers? Who will be their ams?!

eelbermston

• Rep: 8
« Reply #46 on: December 20, 2012, 05:38:55 AM »
is no one else bummed that the company is called fucking wray brothers? Who will be their ams?!

I think its kinda rad.. Reminds me of some old surf shit, or skate company powell-peralta, G&S, Sims, Water bros, Alva, etc.

Mouth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -297
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #47 on: December 20, 2012, 07:09:54 AM »
Those boards are more likely to be examples of his art, than the beginnings of a new company.

And chill brahs. I know Wray is a mack of all trades.
'No Mouth, you have a negative rep because you are a fan of growing your wealth off of the backs of low paid workers and brag about having bodyguards. You literally kook people for doing charity in South East Asia. Don't deny it.'

Jive Turkey

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #48 on: December 20, 2012, 06:01:56 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

Front 360 Love.

TAKE YOUR PICK.

[close]
[close]

FUCK OFF

SHOW ME

I think the pop shove-it at 01:38 it was of the coolest looking tricks ever. It looks like it was vacuum sucked up to his feet.

TheHoard

« Reply #49 on: December 20, 2012, 07:20:30 PM »
Anyone can get there own boards printed up if they have the money to do so, doesn't mean they are starting a company.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1582
« Reply #50 on: December 20, 2012, 07:33:56 PM »
What board companies did Jonas skate for?  Cream?  Clean?  I forget....

Elijah Chandler

• Rep: -15
  • i'm feelin it
« Reply #51 on: December 20, 2012, 07:59:40 PM »
The gigantic Oceanside triple set?
what the fuck

b.v.

« Reply #52 on: December 20, 2012, 08:27:40 PM »
Expand Quote
What?  Nobody wants to say "Fuck Thrasher..." or "Fuck Deluxe..." after reading the interview? 

If this pans out there should be some good graphics on the way...

Fuck Sector 9
[close]

yeah thats some shady shit, they kicked off jonas too for what his brother did.....lame

Jeremy's art is sick, that umbrella graphic was so tight. I hope they make it
Always 2 sides to every story.

Jive Turkey

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #53 on: December 20, 2012, 08:56:58 PM »
Man I love how raw skating used to be, and how fucking killer Jeremy is.
The majority of Pretty Sweet parts could never hold a flame to this, it was 15 fucking years ago, he was likely making pea nuts in comparison to modern skate pro earnings and it's not even his best part in my opinion.
Have you ever seen anyone else frontside cab a set of stairs?  270 fakie smith? 
Fuckin' hell. 
Definitely not. It seems kind of rushed and cobbled together yet it's still full of amazing stuff, which is what makes it great.

OlDirtyB

• Rep: 3
« Reply #54 on: December 21, 2012, 04:07:29 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

Front 360 Love.

TAKE YOUR PICK.

[close]
[close]

FUCK OFF

SHOW ME
[close]

I think the pop shove-it at 01:38 it was of the coolest looking tricks ever. It looks like it was vacuum sucked up to his feet.
[close]
Man I love how raw skating used to be, and how fucking killer Jeremy is.
The majority of Pretty Sweet parts could never hold a flame to this, it was 15 fucking years ago, he was likely making pea nuts in comparison to modern skate pro earnings and it's not even his best part in my opinion.
Have you ever seen anyone else frontside cab a set of stairs?  270 fakie smith? 
Fuckin' hell. 

His Secondhand smoke part. He is so good right there. The first line is totaly.. yeah.. Dont know what to call it.
Bitch Please

rlang

• Rep: 19
« Reply #55 on: December 21, 2012, 08:58:34 AM »
It would be sick if he went off and did his own thing, I just hope it's not called "Wraybro."

Iceman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 433
« Reply #56 on: December 22, 2012, 09:11:59 PM »
Backin' WrayWray instead.