Author Topic: Limosine skateboards  (Read 70283 times)

yungthug

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -32
Re: Limosine skateboards
« Reply #330 on: December 18, 2021, 05:29:55 AM »
Unpopular opinion time!

I think at least on SLAP this brand was hyped up so much leading up to the release of the video that it created expectations that were gonna be impossible to fulfill no matter what you do, but I wasn't a fan.

The music wasn't good. And I say this as someone who has a pretty open mind for music in skate videos. The songs by and large are hard to listen to, and full parts from Cyrus, Hugo, and Max Palmer are weighed down by the heelflip jean shorts dude and Aidan Mackey's sister.

I thought that Karim guy was cool. Loved Aaron Loreth's section. Genesis Evans footage was chill, but good lord the song was rough.

For being a little over 20 minutes the video feels super long.

Definitely a step down from the 917 videos, but hopefully the next video offering will have a better soundtrack at least.

Not that it's a comparison, but I liked "Hit Video" way more and it has a lot of the same skaters.

I will still buy several boards from them most likely lmao. Cyrus and Max Palmer pro models = take my money.

Ishaboi

• Rep: -1
« Reply #331 on: December 18, 2021, 05:52:44 AM »

If they had the "Nice to meet you, I'm an artist" guy do some art for guest boards I'd buy them all.

Hooooly testicle Tuesday now that is an idea

LebowskisRug

« Reply #332 on: December 18, 2021, 07:38:47 AM »
I couldn’t watch all of Genesis’ part mostly because I don’t like low impact barely popped tricks and three shuvs.

Síota

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 803
« Reply #333 on: December 18, 2021, 07:55:41 AM »
Vidéo was great. I actually liked the music. Not a fan of the graffic's but don't think they will be in my local anytime soon (live in France).

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1089
« Reply #334 on: December 18, 2021, 08:06:11 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Very stoked on this whole endeavor. Not one negative thing to say from me. Pretty serious to drop with a DVD and a full range of goodies. and big agree that Andrew Wilson should get on. And Nikita when his Hockey contract expires.

Expand Quote
I love Cyrus and Max enough that I might have bought the bullet if I were buying one from a shop for $60 plus grip, but for $70 with $15 shipping and another few bucks for grip? I just cannot justify that.
[close]

$70 for a deck is a fair price.
[close]

But it's not $70, it's $70 plus $15 shipping and grip. So it's a $90 deck, which is my point.
[close]

How much you reckon it costs them to ship a deck with tracking these days? It can't be less than $8-10 bucks

I suspect that it costs $15, which is a pity because I didn't want to pay $85-90 for a skateboard deck. That's why I said I would probably buy one if it shows up in a shop.
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

cky enthusiast

« Reply #335 on: December 18, 2021, 08:10:57 AM »
I couldn’t watch all of Genesis’ part mostly because I don’t like low impact barely popped tricks and three shuvs.

grr. me want hand rail.

LebowskisRug

« Reply #336 on: December 18, 2021, 08:37:29 AM »
Id like anything that the local teenagers at the spot don’t do every single line.

somesortofspin

• Rep: -80
« Reply #337 on: December 18, 2021, 09:15:25 AM »
not only was the rest of the crew disappointing. as I said max palmer did so many shitty tricks if Aidan made those you would laugh you're ass of. I can't download the video because its Vimeo but f.e. what was that ride on 5-0 shovit? or that nollie big spin some sort of grind on the first step of a stair and than 180. that shit looked dumb. not even cool stylish Jamal smith quick feet it just looked stupid

BieberStance

• Rep: -18
« Reply #338 on: December 18, 2021, 09:22:20 AM »
Expand Quote
They should do old flameboy/wet willy graphics but instead of it being a cartoon it is real and the riders are dressed up as flameboy and wet willy and someone else in a devil outfit that would be sick.
[close]

Hire this man

The ender of each part should be the skater trying a trick while fighting off the blind reaper. But its actually bam magera in a costume.

$$LESH

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • Rep: 165
« Reply #339 on: December 18, 2021, 09:30:54 AM »
not only was the rest of the crew disappointing. as I said max palmer did so many shitty tricks if Aidan made those you would laugh you're ass of. I can't download the video because its Vimeo but f.e. what was that ride on 5-0 shovit? or that nollie big spin some sort of grind on the first step of a stair and than 180. that shit looked dumb. not even cool stylish Jamal smith quick feet it just looked stupid

lil spin big mad

somesortofspin

« Reply #340 on: December 18, 2021, 09:34:50 AM »

DONT YOU DARE TO TALK BAD ABOUT MAX HES THE BEST you know hes just having fun

tk has mental illness haha im 35 white and max palmer gives me hope because I suck but I can nose manual and have wobbly trucks

hope didn't bleed on his pants for trying that if so it was totally not worth it lmao

somesortofspin

« Reply #341 on: December 18, 2021, 09:40:47 AM »

treflip in a line is soooo Played out but when max does it its so chIiiiiLl dude

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1089
« Reply #342 on: December 18, 2021, 09:50:29 AM »
It was bound to happen eventually but Slap has finally turned on Max Palmer
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

biaherl

• Rep: 268
    • Why So Sad avatar image
« Reply #343 on: December 18, 2021, 10:13:00 AM »
For every skater there is a hater

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1187
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #344 on: December 18, 2021, 10:22:34 AM »

DONT YOU DARE TO TALK BAD ABOUT MAX HES THE BEST you know hes just having fun

tk has mental illness haha im 35 white and max palmer gives me hope because I suck but I can nose manual and have wobbly trucks

hope didn't bleed on his pants for trying that if so it was totally not worth it lmao

I’m sure you’re just trolling but I think that trick looks sick.
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

somesortofspin

« Reply #345 on: December 18, 2021, 10:46:14 AM »
im trolling a little but I really think that trick isn't that good?? im exaggerating for sure. max is good but this part just wasn't that good.

SneakySecrets

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #346 on: December 18, 2021, 10:47:22 AM »
I’m not saying it’s trick of the year or anything, but I think it’s a nice trick for the spot.
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

SmilingBoy

• Rep: 12
« Reply #347 on: December 18, 2021, 12:10:50 PM »
Hugo

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1304
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #348 on: December 18, 2021, 12:18:03 PM »
Not every pro needs to be the best, they just have to make their audience stoked on skating. I hope max haters and lovers can coexist.

white guy in a durag

• Rep: 230
  • 0 days since last ankle injury
« Reply #349 on: December 18, 2021, 12:21:16 PM »
Pink Glam board is sick. I skated it it's the Brophy 8.5 14.75 Girl shape but BBS. Tiny mellow tail. No one (not even AO) understood 917 as a weird shape company. Skating the 8.5 14.1 917 slick rn. Hard to find in other places. 917 and Limosine might just be rounded-kick FA shape companies
preach!

917 has always had the most out there popsicles and I hope limosine keeps with that.

yghartsyrt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 223
« Reply #350 on: December 18, 2021, 12:23:16 PM »
loved the video. the vibe was great, made me wanna go skate out and hang around with my friends. that's all a good video should do for me. sure, this doesn't invent the wheel again, but couldn't care less about the pressure of innovation.
the graphic direction doesn't do much for me

mj23

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 225
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #351 on: December 18, 2021, 12:36:43 PM »
To me that’s kind of the point. Sometimes it’s smart to be dumb. This guy has the most jacked up hairline and pants in skateboarding, I don’t expect him to skate like a Palace guy

cky enthusiast

« Reply #352 on: December 18, 2021, 02:02:48 PM »
i’m so mad i went back to the video i hate to do a clip pull, and then doing that made me even angrier so i went back to pull a second one

HeapsCool

• Rep: -172
« Reply #353 on: December 18, 2021, 07:44:01 PM »
Yo that fucking sucked.

I really liked Logan Lara's last videos but this is just abrasive and shit. Like having some cool guy staring you down in a NY loft style apartment playing his "people probably won't get this" Spotify playlist and sneering at you like he's better than you because his parents paid 46k per year to Pratt Institue so he could snort ketamine with the art bros.

Urtripping

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 523
« Reply #354 on: December 18, 2021, 07:55:19 PM »
i’m so mad i went back to the video i hate to do a clip pull, and then doing that made me even angrier so i went back to pull a second one

Lol this video sucks so bad, one second while I spend 35 minutes making gifs and posting on slap about it
I saw your mommy and your mommy's dead

LiterallyRyan

• Rep: -19
« Reply #355 on: December 18, 2021, 08:30:44 PM »
is Nelly the girl?

yea.

There was some really good shit in this video, you guys are tripping. It was way too fucking long though.

Rudeboi1

• Rep: -3
« Reply #356 on: December 18, 2021, 08:54:17 PM »

He does a switch back 180 5-0 rewind grind and switch impossible, pretty sick imo. I feel like people just wanna continue to hate on him

Hedgehog In Da Fog

• Rep: -15
« Reply #357 on: December 19, 2021, 02:30:40 AM »
Polar has made a lot of awkward, embarrassing graphics. So far, Limosine has not. Andrew Wilson still absent from the video, though.

yeayeaman

• Rep: 7
« Reply #358 on: December 19, 2021, 06:53:14 AM »

that's real life stuff. this place is all haters looking skaters

SneakySecrets

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #359 on: December 19, 2021, 06:58:19 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

that's real life stuff. this place is all haters looking skaters

But are all sk9ers h8ers?