Author Topic: Battle at the Berrics 6  (Read 174041 times)

johntsunami

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -39
Re: Battle at the Berrics 6
« Reply #450 on: February 18, 2013, 12:56:03 PM »
Has Shane O'Neil always popped his shit like that?

srsly. i would give up my legs to skate like that dude

« Reply #451 on: February 18, 2013, 01:21:18 PM »
You can't hate on Shane. Dude is a freak.

I wonder if he ownes a t-shirt at all?   Imagine if in the next game he wears short shorts and a tank top.

_aminal

• Rep: -8
  • win some, lose most.
« Reply #452 on: February 18, 2013, 06:08:33 PM »
It bums me out that this prick steez ortiz is a millionaire and brad cromer is(according to slap)still living with his parents

might be better for him

wes kremer lives with his parents and seems pretty stoked to me

anyway cromer has mad style.

FUCK!
I was honestly hoping for some kind of yoda/gandalf magic here on behalf of j cassanova

but going up against shane oneill is fucked up.

Ed's impossibles are like gonzs kickflips....

« Reply #453 on: February 18, 2013, 06:24:29 PM »
He was burned really badly in a fire and had all his skin grafted from corpse scrotums.  Since corpse scrotums are the most delicate of skins, he must keep them covered a lot.  Wikipedia that shit.

Does that mean he smells like full body nasty ball sweat when he skates?

Avicci

• Rep: -71
« Reply #454 on: February 18, 2013, 10:44:55 PM »
Did anyone notice that Jereme said "I haven't missed a backside flip in a game of skate in one century" but neither of them did a backside flip...

"chill out on the yo flips theo we only want whats best for you!"

« Reply #455 on: February 18, 2013, 10:56:39 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
He was burned really badly in a fire and had all his skin grafted from corpse scrotums.  Since corpse scrotums are the most delica

te of skins, he must keep them covered a lot.  Wikipedia that shit.
[close]

Does that mean he smells like full body nasty ball sweat when he skates?
[close]

Yes, the clothes cover up the smell and the ZIGRAM labs are working on a Gold Bond and lyme combo.

Dude. You know your shit!!! Props.

papasmurfsdog

« Reply #456 on: February 18, 2013, 11:11:09 PM »

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 140
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #457 on: February 19, 2013, 12:43:56 AM »
Did anyone notice that Jereme said "I haven't missed a backside flip in a game of skate in one century" but neither of them did a backside flip...

yes! #rigged

seriously though; get rid of the stupid no no-comply rules, invite daewon, rodney, gou, vallely, jason adams, richie jackson and a non-injured creager to play and make it INTERESTING ffs

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

foureyedjim

« Reply #458 on: February 19, 2013, 12:47:37 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

yes! #rigged

seriously though; get rid of the stupid no no-comply rules, invite daewon, rodney, gou, vallely, jason adams, richie jackson and a non-injured creager to play and make it INTERESTING ffs

rodney would kick the shit out of everyone.
Vallely would be funny, always like that game against cole

I feel like pretty much everyone else you listed, their skating really shines on actual terrain, not flatground tricks

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #459 on: February 19, 2013, 06:55:49 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

yes! #rigged

[close]

rodney would kick the shit out of everyone.
Vallely would be funny, always like that game against cole

I feel like pretty much everyone else you listed, their skating really shines on actual terrain, not flatground tricks

i just want it to be interesting y'know? that game with vallely and cole was great, THAT was a game of skate.
rodney might abolish everyone  (daewon too) but i'd rather watch that than shane or p-rod landing every single trick 100% of the time.
take them outta their comfort zones ffs. gou et al. probably have lots of fucked up flatground tricks in their arsenals too. hell put chopper (osaka daggers) in there and fools would cry :'(
creager would axe!
« Last Edit: February 19, 2013, 07:00:16 AM by Gay Imp Sausage Metal »

DeputyDoses

• Rep: 4
  • I look like Mel Gibson
« Reply #460 on: February 19, 2013, 05:30:39 PM »
I haven't cared about the Battle at the Berrics since BATB 3... Well, this year I decided to tune in, and I'm disappointed as fuck. Now I remember why I stopped watching. The Battle at the Berrics actually was exciting when it first began. Match ups would take up the majority of the video time. Now, interviews and pre-match material take up the majority of the video.
It really doesn't seem like most of the guys involved really care anymore. So why should people tune in just to see one skateboarder actually try and the other one to just half ass it? I completely understand having off days, but not caring is beyond that.

BATB 6 is the most boring attempt yet. Hate aside, I'm just bored with it. I wish that I could still get into it and feel engaged and excited about who is going to win/lose each week. But I don't even feel like they're trying anymore.
-Opinions of Berra aside, of course.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2013, 07:43:39 PM by DeputyDoses »

Will Easley

« Reply #461 on: February 19, 2013, 06:52:04 PM »
i feel as if anyone thirstily wishing for BaTB tournaments with tricks like no-comply's & bonelesses are either washed-up geezers or 23 year olds nicknamed "Pump n Grind" at their local skateparks. Not trying to flame anybody here, just throwing out a theory that could be proven with modern-day statistics.

landCow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 91
« Reply #462 on: February 19, 2013, 07:24:33 PM »
or bored to death of the same god damn flatground tricks from the same people for so long.

Will Easley

« Reply #463 on: February 19, 2013, 07:39:49 PM »
if niggas so damn bored of BaTB, why on earth do yall keep watching it & pushing every one of its threads to 10+ pages? I havent watched that shit since the 2nd one, and only on rare occasion will i find out theres a match worth watching & check it out. last time i actually did that, i dont even remember. i planned on watching the jereme rogers one but nah im cool. truth be told i only checked this thread to clown niggas, so yeah...

also back when eS was doing the annual game of skate joints i dont recall anybody asking for those tricks back then. why the change of heart? besides that shit is a straight up novelty. maybe 2-3 games worth watching anymore past that is overkill. yall already know niggas would be salty as fuck to see PJ Ladd lose in the final round to a switch 360 boneless or a 180 no-comply pressure flip.

johnnymousedoom

• Rep: -21
  • skateBOARd
« Reply #464 on: February 19, 2013, 08:21:09 PM »
if niggas so damn bored of BaTB, why on earth do yall keep watching it & pushing every one of its threads to 10+ pages? I havent watched that shit since the 2nd one, and only on rare occasion will i find out theres a match worth watching & check it out. last time i actually did that, i dont even remember. i planned on watching the jereme rogers one but nah im cool. truth be told i only checked this thread to clown niggas, so yeah...

also back when eS was doing the annual game of skate joints i dont recall anybody asking for those tricks back then. why the change of heart? besides that shit is a straight up novelty. maybe 2-3 games worth watching anymore past that is overkill. yall already know niggas would be salty as fuck to see PJ Ladd lose in the final round to a switch 360 boneless or a 180 no-comply pressure flip.
the es games of skate had more skater variety though
I skateboard, fuck da poleeeeece

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 989
« Reply #465 on: February 19, 2013, 09:08:58 PM »
There was a boycott by Vallely and some other dudes against the es game of skate because it was a "flips only" game of skate. People want to see this shit in a game of skate because they're sick of seeing "kickflip, backside flip...etc.". Is it a problem that somebody is suggesting something different?

Will Easley

« Reply #466 on: February 19, 2013, 09:35:20 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
There was a boycott by Vallely and some other dudes against the es game of skate because it was a "flips only" game of skate. People want to see this shit in a game of skate because they're sick of seeing "kickflip, backside flip...etc.". Is it a problem that somebody is suggesting something different?

Y'all be hypin the shit up to be something new & fun or whatever but that shit wouldn't be anywhere near as good as y'all think Itd be. Too many random tricks each opponent hasn't done that would lead to boring & uninteresting games that could be won in the first couple turns. Yeah it'd be dope with guys like daewon or haslam, but there's not even that many guys who're on that level let alone be willing to participate. I ain't even THAT against the idea but the way niggas be crying about it every single time BaTB is discussed is ridiculous. Like I said, a couple specialty games would be cool but I assure you a full fledged tournament would flop hard as hell. Y'all might as well stop tryna argue with me cuz until such an event actually happens & does numbers, I'm pretty much right. If I weren't then the shit woulda been done by now. Niggas would be better off tryna get ABC to air regular season WNBA games like they were the NBA Finals
« Last Edit: February 19, 2013, 11:30:28 PM by Will Easley »

SheepShagger

« Reply #467 on: February 19, 2013, 09:41:19 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

yes! #rigged

anyone but rodney...no one deserves to see that shit. Worse than a gore thread.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #468 on: February 20, 2013, 02:03:53 AM »
i feel as if anyone thirstily wishing for BaTB tournaments with tricks like no-comply's & bonelesses are either washed-up geezers or 23 year olds nicknamed "Pump n Grind" at their local skateparks. Not trying to flame anybody here, just throwing out a theory that could be proven with modern-day statistics.

#deep

matter of fact

• Rep: 42
« Reply #469 on: February 20, 2013, 04:48:33 AM »
haha, sk8dood just called out all your pointless bitching and you all still can't give it up.  this place sucks, it's just a bunch of people patting each other on the back for being idiots

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 989
« Reply #470 on: February 20, 2013, 06:14:40 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Y'all be hypin the shit up to be something new & fun or whatever but that shit wouldn't be anywhere near as good as y'all think Itd be. Too many random tricks each opponent hasn't done that would lead to boring & uninteresting games that could be won in the first couple turns. Yeah it'd be dope with guys like daewon or haslam, but there's not even that many guys who're on that level let alone be willing to participate. I ain't even THAT against the idea but the way niggas be crying about it every single time BaTB is discussed is ridiculous. Like I said, a couple specialty games would be cool but I assure you a full fledged tournament would flop hard as hell. Y'all might as well stop tryna argue with me cuz until such an event actually happens & does numbers, I'm pretty much right. If I weren't then the shit woulda been done by now. Niggas would be better off tryna get ABC to air regular season WNBA games like they were the NBA Finals
You're right. I definitely be hypin.

Commercial D

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -670
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #471 on: February 20, 2013, 09:02:43 AM »
I see nothing wrong with the preservation with the "flatground-only, no-feet-on-the-ground" standard of the games. Seems like there's  plenty of griping about the format's staleness mid-week, but when the games get posted Pals deconstruct them with a depth of cinematic criticism usually reserved for Italian Neo-Realism. If you're tired of "basic" tricks like backside flips and can't even see the entertaining novelty in such rare tricks as impossible late flips or ollie late pressure flips, I doubt adding handplants and footplants will truly be much of a game-changer for you.
Skate videos have been downhill ever since 411VM #20

Pavementi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -146
  • Fuck it
« Reply #472 on: February 20, 2013, 09:11:26 AM »
haha, sk8dood just called out all your pointless bitching and you all still can't give it up.  this place sucks, it's just a bunch of people patting each other on the back for being idiots
pat, pat, pat
Like Daewon said: if skateboarding is a ten story building, Rodney is on eleventh floor.

ChronicBluntSlider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #473 on: February 20, 2013, 09:15:33 AM »
That Cole Vallely game was stupid. If I remember correctly the judge was letting Cole fuck up on all the old man tricks. Otherwise Vallely would've done handstands and shit all the way to the finals. What about a mini ramp game with Falcon?

ThugWaffle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -140
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #474 on: February 20, 2013, 09:27:16 AM »
Needs Gino

Brad Breath

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Rep: 43
« Reply #475 on: February 24, 2013, 07:40:58 AM »
when Moose said "Morgan Freeman", my first thought was "Damn, that's tough, Morgan Freeman is fucking good."

I'm a little slow.

DBrown901

« Reply #476 on: February 24, 2013, 08:09:34 AM »
Well, I'm disappointed by this match. But it was really fucking good.

thecount

• Rep: -52
« Reply #477 on: February 24, 2013, 08:12:50 AM »
so anybody know what board bastien was rid in

DBrown901

« Reply #478 on: February 24, 2013, 08:15:11 AM »
so anybody know what board bastien was rid in

His former sponsor. Jart Skateboards.

somethingmustbreaknow