Author Topic: Battle at the Berrics 6  (Read 174039 times)

Morty Seinfeld

Re: Battle at the Berrics 6
« Reply #1050 on: April 27, 2013, 06:18:24 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
That's about as good as it gets. Great sportsmanship on PJ's part knowing that inward heels were Moose's only apparent weakness and spreading them out a bit.

I like that Moose can't do them actually he's so fucking sick and then just has that one glaring omission in his bag of tricks humanizes the dude. He's definitely in my top 5 right now.

PJ.. what can you say. He is probably the best street skateboarder on the planet, Busenitz notwithstanding.

Loved PJ bailing the late shuv because I can actually do that trick (granted I'm gonna need 10 tries). I don't really recall anyone doing late shuvs at all in the past. Am I wrong?

Games like this give me some insight into what sports fans go through when they watch football or whatever.

A+
[close]

I think Marc Johnson did a late regular shove it in his game with Rick Howard
[close]
Jamie Thomas did a boss one in the very first BATB.

Someone should do a tally and see how many letters PJ got throught every single berrics game ever.

I bet it's no more than 10.

bust.factor

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 20
  • Madvillain Bistro Bed and Breakfast Bar and Grill
« Reply #1051 on: April 27, 2013, 07:23:21 PM »
haha they fucking cut to billy marks after the triple flip

NowhereInLife

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1052 on: April 27, 2013, 07:26:16 PM »
That was awesome. Moose is awesome.

I have new respect for PJ, not that my old respect had worn down at all.
I have double respects for that man. And I would like to skate his new pro shoe for serious.

woodsman

• Rep: 65
« Reply #1053 on: April 27, 2013, 07:28:58 PM »
That was amazing. Only Rodney Mullen could take out PJ in this freestyle contest.

water cooler

• Rep: -18
  • hello
« Reply #1054 on: April 27, 2013, 08:12:16 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
That's about as good as it gets. Great sportsmanship on PJ's part knowing that inward heels were Moose's only apparent weakness and spreading them out a bit.

I like that Moose can't do them actually he's so fucking sick and then just has that one glaring omission in his bag of tricks humanizes the dude. He's definitely in my top 5 right now.

PJ.. what can you say. He is probably the best street skateboarder on the planet, Busenitz notwithstanding.

Loved PJ bailing the late shuv because I can actually do that trick (granted I'm gonna need 10 tries). I don't really recall anyone doing late shuvs at all in the past. Am I wrong?

Games like this give me some insight into what sports fans go through when they watch football or whatever.

A+
[close]

I think Marc Johnson did a late regular shove it in his game with Rick Howard
[close]
Jamie Thomas did a boss one in the very first BATB.

Someone should do a tally and see how many letters PJ got throught every single berrics game ever.

and wes kremer in this one...and pj almost did a kickflip late shove against shane o'neill in one of em...that still hasnt been done in one of these and would be cool to see

Thelonious P

• Rep: -12
  • BracknellMassif
« Reply #1055 on: April 27, 2013, 08:26:41 PM »
best game ever period. After this and his deathwish part he deserves stacks

witty pseudonym

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 43
« Reply #1056 on: April 27, 2013, 08:51:12 PM »

I know it has already been exhausted ad nauseam, but this has me thinking about how much The Berrics is incorporated into the skateboard industry.  So many people on here fight  it and call it lame, however it seems to be unavoidable at this point.  It seems participation in these games or a Battle Commander is now akin to filming a part for a company video.  It is just odd to me that a skatepark now has this type of pull.       

october

• Rep: 23
« Reply #1057 on: April 27, 2013, 10:04:43 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I know it has already been exhausted ad nauseam, but this has me thinking about how much The Berrics is incorporated into the skateboard industry.?  So many people on here fight?  it and call it lame, however it seems to be unavoidable at this point.?  It seems participation in these games or a Battle Commander is now akin to filming a part for a company video.?  It is just odd to me that a skatepark now has this type of pull.?  ?  ?  ? 

Exactly what I was thinking. Good game though.

Tyroneshoelaces

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -601
  • who knows
« Reply #1058 on: April 27, 2013, 10:21:59 PM »
incredible.  i have the biggest smile on my face after watching that.  props to both those guys.  moose is the shit and PJ is a saint.  humble savages
where is home?

johnnymousedoom

• Rep: -21
  • skateBOARd
« Reply #1059 on: April 28, 2013, 12:43:37 AM »
I am still shaking from the excitement of this game
I skateboard, fuck da poleeeeece

Paul Cicero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -289
« Reply #1060 on: April 28, 2013, 12:55:59 AM »
PJ is not human.

Will Easley

« Reply #1061 on: April 28, 2013, 01:43:07 AM »
yeah i dont usually watch these unless its a big matchup and that shit was intense. seemed like moose could do every trick except those inward heel variations. PJ out here playin with cheat codes n shit. Flatground excellence

also i was surprised to see moose skating in the supra stevies. i got 3 pairs already just to wear but shit i might have to fuck around & cop some black ones to skate in. (supra reps take note)
« Last Edit: April 28, 2013, 01:45:41 AM by Will Easley »

Andrefosho

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 147
« Reply #1062 on: April 28, 2013, 01:48:18 AM »
Sewa vs Prod

All in for Sewa.

Ananas

• Rep: -5
« Reply #1063 on: April 28, 2013, 01:57:23 AM »
stoked on prod not being confident. as long as sewa wins the roshambo he should win the whole thing.

the snake

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 350
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #1064 on: April 28, 2013, 02:11:32 AM »
Ananus knows its shit

via

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 239
« Reply #1065 on: April 28, 2013, 02:53:57 AM »
I am very drunk, and just rewatched Moose v PJ. And so we're all clear, in a stupid nit-picky way, can anyone slow mo some of PJs defense tricks? Namely the triple flip and the cab biggerspin flip. Did he actually do those? Or did he just flip his board, land on it, and get awarded the point?

Again, I'm too drunk to pay close attention, but that shit looked kinda suspect.

Also someone should make a Gif of Moose' frontside 360 heel. I'm not a big fan of that kid, but that shit was damn near perfect.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2013, 03:00:16 AM by via »

TheDraught

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65239
  • Team -65K
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1066 on: April 28, 2013, 03:34:59 AM »
I am very drunk, and just rewatched Moose v PJ. And so we're all clear, in a stupid nit-picky way, can anyone slow mo some of PJs defense tricks? Namely the triple flip and the cab biggerspin flip. Did he actually do those? Or did he just flip his board, land on it, and get awarded the point?

Again, I'm too drunk to pay close attention, but that shit looked kinda suspect.

Also someone should make a Gif of Moose' frontside 360 heel. I'm not a big fan of that kid, but that shit was damn near perfect.

too lazy to make the gif but yeah that front heel 360 was probably the best thing I've ever seen on flat.

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1067 on: April 28, 2013, 03:51:50 AM »
I'm not too psyched on the same guys being in the finals again, but I'd much rather see P-Rod win than mark ass Sewa and his terrible circus tricks.
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

Noble Experiment

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 284
« Reply #1068 on: April 28, 2013, 03:55:10 AM »
Just watched it a second ago. Holy shit, hands down the best game in all of BATB6 so far.
Moose is a fucking animal at flatground. If he wasn't playing PJ he could've easily made it to the finals.
I'm pretty sure PJ can land every fucking flatground trick. Seriously, the dude has no weakness. Your best bet is to just do all your tricks and hope that luck is on your side and he just so happens to miss on accident.

The Human Condom

• Rep: 45
  • Free condoms! Free condoms from The Human Condom.
    • : /skeɪt/ avatar image
« Reply #1069 on: April 28, 2013, 04:05:15 AM »

Can I be that someone?

friendly dave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 738
  • grinding to a halt
    • grindingtoahalt avatar image
« Reply #1070 on: April 28, 2013, 04:47:50 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Can I be that someone?

Now do Moose's switch variel heel
Because you can't kill and idea, and we will not be ruled!

the visuals are also mad visual yo
FTW

Noble Experiment

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1071 on: April 28, 2013, 06:18:04 AM »
My favorite trick of that whole game. Had to rewind and watch it a few times, it looked so fucking cool. Never seen anyone catch and land a sw varial heel or a regular varial heel like that ever.

MuchasGracias

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -140
« Reply #1072 on: April 28, 2013, 07:08:29 AM »
That game literally had me at the edge of my seat, can't believe moose pulled out the front 3 heelflip ive never seen one of those.

needlejuice

• Rep: -101
« Reply #1073 on: April 28, 2013, 07:23:09 AM »
they really NEED to add to the rules "if ur opponent pops his trick all the way around, you gota do that shit too. wayyy to much lee way on 360s, these dudes who dont no how to 360 dont get letter pivoting around on their back truck.

that fr 360heel was popped the whole damn way around

and what the fuck is w pj landing like 3 of those tricks 270 then pivoting back after landing them?? cmon some of those shouldve been redos but i guess lenny made up for it givin him a hard time w the fakieinward
try to remember, forget

matter of fact

• Rep: 42
« Reply #1074 on: April 28, 2013, 08:15:29 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
My favorite trick of that whole game. Had to rewind and watch it a few times, it looked so fucking cool. Never seen anyone catch and land a sw varial heel or a regular varial heel like that ever.

do you do many switch varial heels? thats how they look when you do them mostly with the front foot, then fuck up. kinda gross seeing him do that

NowhereInLife

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1075 on: April 28, 2013, 08:35:25 AM »
Aww he choked. Lulz

Noble Experiment

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1076 on: April 28, 2013, 08:36:05 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

do you do many switch varial heels? thats how they look when you do them mostly with the front foot, then fuck up. kinda gross seeing him do that
I admit I can't do sw varial heels, but I've never seen one like that, despite how common you make landing them like that sound.
And I was stoked on it. I like it when a trick is landed with some imperfection. It beats seeing a generic looking cookie cutter robot varial heel, landed bolts.
I like it when someone lands a trick with minor imperfections, making it their own. Perfection gets boring.

Hannity

« Reply #1077 on: April 28, 2013, 08:55:33 AM »
sewa blew it, nerves got to him

matter of fact

• Rep: 42
« Reply #1078 on: April 28, 2013, 09:30:20 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]
I admit I can't do sw varial heels, but I've never seen one like that, despite how common you make landing them like that sound.
And I was stoked on it. I like it when a trick is landed with some imperfection. It beats seeing a generic looking cookie cutter robot varial heel, landed bolts.
I like it when someone lands a trick with minor imperfections, making it their own. Perfection gets boring.

a bolts switch varial heel is a thing of beauty, i think if you could do the trick you would have a different opinion of this example. besides, he pretty much stopped when he landed, he wasn't making it his own, he just landed sideways and tic tac'd his way outta there

jimi420

« Reply #1079 on: April 28, 2013, 09:39:55 AM »
that was disappointing. if only Sewa landed that hardflip bigspin