Author Topic: Battle at the Berrics 6  (Read 174035 times)

Bliz

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -35
Re: Battle at the Berrics 6
« Reply #1170 on: May 12, 2013, 12:28:40 PM »
Gonna start back up next weekend

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 386
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1171 on: May 12, 2013, 04:32:15 PM »
I'm happy I've ignored this thread for so long. All of you new posters suck. Your attempts to talk about Slap as if everyone on here is one person is both stupid and repetitive. You're not the first person to complain about this site and if it was as bad as you claim, why did you join in the first place. Your evangelism won't change anyone's opinion and it's just a sad attempt at being smug and pretentious--the exact things you claim most posters here do.

steadybumpen

• Rep: -5
« Reply #1172 on: May 12, 2013, 10:36:01 PM »
I'm happy I've ignored this thread for so long. All of you new posters suck. Your attempts to talk about Slap as if everyone on here is one person is both stupid and repetitive. You're not the first person to complain about this site and if it was as bad as you claim, why did you join in the first place. Your evangelism won't change anyone's opinion and it's just a sad attempt at being smug and pretentious--the exact things you claim most posters here do.

Hahaha yes! I love how you pointed out the things you hate people doing and then proceeded to do those exact things!! Choc full of hypocrisy and contradictions.

matter of fact

• Rep: 42
« Reply #1173 on: May 13, 2013, 06:41:41 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Hahaha yes! I love how you pointed out the things you hate people doing and then proceeded to do those exact things!! Choc full of hypocrisy and contradictions.

DeputyDoses

• Rep: 4
  • I look like Mel Gibson
« Reply #1174 on: May 14, 2013, 12:28:22 PM »
In regards to the Battle at the Berrics as a whole, not specifically this "season," so to speak; how long do you (as in everyone) really think that BATB will continue on?

On one hand, I can see them continuing on for years and years because of demand. Even if older skateboarders get sick of watching new matches that they feel like they've already watched, there will still be a new generation of skateboarders that are intrigued at the idea of their favorite pros and ams playing matches against each other for a cash prize. But, it's already getting to the point that the same guys are ending up in the finals time and time again. They've had to incorporate little themes to keep things fresh, i.e. Us vs. Them, Team Berra vs. Team Koston, etc.

landCow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 91
« Reply #1175 on: May 14, 2013, 05:27:48 PM »
In regards to the Battle at the Berrics as a whole, not specifically this "season," so to speak; how long do you (as in everyone) really think that BATB will continue on?

On one hand, I can see them continuing on for years and years because of demand. Even if older skateboarders get sick of watching new matches that they feel like they've already watched, there will still be a new generation of skateboarders that are intrigued at the idea of their favorite pros and ams playing matches against each other for a cash prize. But, it's already getting to the point that the same guys are ending up in the finals time and time again. They've had to incorporate little themes to keep things fresh, i.e. Us vs. Them, Team Berra vs. Team Koston, etc.

I see them going on for quite a while yet. Even though the games are in my opinion pretty stale at this point people still watch every video. I'm bored but every time I see this thread bumped with a new game I wander over to the berrics and give it a watch. I do want them to do something pretty radical to the format but they really don't have to. As long as people keep watching them they will continue to milk it.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2013, 05:29:26 PM by landCow »

johnes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -238
« Reply #1176 on: May 14, 2013, 07:11:10 PM »
Line skate 3 tricks in a row, none can be repeated or even 2 tricks would be cool.
I think that would be a chill format.
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

Will Easley

« Reply #1177 on: May 14, 2013, 07:27:29 PM »
Line skate 3 tricks in a row, none can be repeated or even 2 tricks would be cool.

I'm still tryna see a ledge or flatbar game of skate tournament. I think that would be really interesting to watch.

johnes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -238
« Reply #1178 on: May 14, 2013, 07:32:16 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I'm still tryna see a ledge or flatbar game of skate tournament. I think that would be really interesting to watch.
I would be cool with that too. I also had some other (bad) ideas like a game with everyone skating minis or old school fishtails that are 9" or bigger.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2013, 07:46:26 PM by johnes »
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

Will Easley

« Reply #1179 on: May 14, 2013, 07:35:51 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
That would be cool with that too. I also had some other (bad) ideas like a game with everyone skating minis or old school fishtails that are 9" or bigger.

yeah mini-ramp tricks wouldnt be too bad either. I think we'd see alot of guys who arent the best competitive flatground skaters but would shut it the fuck down on a decent sized quarterpipe.

Wall of Nausea

• Rep: -60
« Reply #1180 on: May 14, 2013, 07:39:21 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
That would be cool with that too. I also had some other (bad) ideas like a game with everyone skating minis or old school fishtails that are 9" or bigger.
[close]

yeah mini-ramp tricks wouldnt be too bad either. I think we'd see alot of guys who arent the best competitive flatground skaters but would shut it the fuck down on a decent sized quarterpipe.

Shouldn't you be self promoting yourself and buying stupid ass t-shirts for stupid ass fucks?

Will Easley

« Reply #1181 on: May 14, 2013, 08:02:16 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

Shouldn't you be self promoting yourself and buying stupid ass t-shirts for stupid ass fucks?

lol, if you bothered by me that much to the point where youll come at me totally unprovoked you'd be better off just ignoring me.

but yeah...

captainfalcon69

• Rep: 15
« Reply #1182 on: May 14, 2013, 08:07:22 PM »
oh my gawd a pro ledge or flatbar game of skate would be the tits

Wall of Nausea

• Rep: -60
« Reply #1183 on: May 14, 2013, 09:54:14 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

lol, if you bothered by me that much to the point where youll come at me totally unprovoked you'd be better off just ignoring me.

but yeah...

ooh Bill Weasley you so Tyler Perry.

Hairy Ballsagna

• Rep: 32
« Reply #1184 on: May 14, 2013, 11:17:54 PM »
Your signature is so fucking annoying

AdrianLopez

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -36
« Reply #1185 on: May 18, 2013, 02:19:26 AM »
Pre-game interview is up. Should be a tight game.

Mo will take it.

[...] like an individual so irrelevant to anything.

Don't be an asshole and don't yo flip! - Kyle Frederick

the snake

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 350
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #1186 on: May 18, 2013, 02:29:44 AM »
cobra for the win!!!

Armando

• Rep: -4
« Reply #1187 on: May 18, 2013, 08:05:41 AM »
BLOWING IT, Cole.
Blowing it

NergTurtleson

• Rep: 6
« Reply #1188 on: May 18, 2013, 08:41:20 AM »
What the fuck was that? If I wanted to watch 2 minutes of Berra talking I'd tune in to the WB and try and catch an episode of Felicity.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2013, 09:23:07 AM by NergTurtleson »

AdrianLopez

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1189 on: May 18, 2013, 08:53:09 AM »
What a letdown!

2 minutes of Berra talking, 90 seconds of skateing!

Was this on purpose?

Spike Hawke

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
« Reply #1190 on: May 18, 2013, 08:59:00 AM »
That was wank.

jimi420

« Reply #1191 on: May 18, 2013, 09:19:13 AM »
Cole actin like he can't do these tricks.... that 3 week long break just to see him get skunked. There's something about Mike Mo that I just can't stand.

Patey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 93
« Reply #1192 on: May 18, 2013, 09:21:42 AM »
shut up, berra. just shut the fuck up.

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 726
  • F.A.P. - Forever Alone Party
« Reply #1193 on: May 18, 2013, 09:23:18 AM »
Clearly Mikemo and Cole made already made the deal for Cole to be on Glassy. They agreed Cole would throw the game and Berra would bring up that bullshit story about how if Cole ever lost to Mikemo he would ride for him. Clearly.
Before you say the music sucked, have you considered shutting the fuck up?

Budo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 114
    • So What is Skateboarding? avatar image
« Reply #1194 on: May 18, 2013, 09:23:35 AM »
Hahahah, I could tell Cole didn't want to blame the grip but I'd believe it.
Keep Rolling!

sowhatskateboarding.com
@OuRoot

Budo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 114
    • So What is Skateboarding? avatar image
« Reply #1195 on: May 18, 2013, 09:24:53 AM »
Hahahah, I could tell Cole didn't want to blame the grip but I'd believe it. ^ Or that hahahah.
Keep Rolling!

sowhatskateboarding.com
@OuRoot

AdrianLopez

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1196 on: May 18, 2013, 10:02:44 AM »
Clearly Mikemo and Cole made already made the deal for Cole to be on Glassy. They agreed Cole would throw the game and Berra would bring up that bullshit story about how if Cole ever lost to Mikemo he would ride for him. Clearly.

They even mentioned that story in the pre-game interview. What a marketing joke.

StFlour

« Reply #1197 on: May 18, 2013, 11:24:28 AM »
Well that was a buzzkill.
Mike Mo will lose to PJ so whatever.

peewee

« Reply #1198 on: May 18, 2013, 11:39:21 AM »
shut up, berra. just shut the fuck up.

Seriously, we wanna see the damn game not you talking for 2 fucking minutes. Just have koston always read the rules coz at least he makes it funny

jam bra

• Rep: 3
« Reply #1199 on: May 18, 2013, 11:52:05 AM »
Cole actin like he can't do these tricks.... that 3 week long break just to see him get skunked. There's something about Mike Mo that I just can't stand.
I'm glad I'm not the only one. I feel like an ass hating on people I've never met but he's always come off like a jock douche to me. Obviously, I'll be rooting for PJ. Hope PJ has been practicing his late back foot circus flips.