Author Topic: Leo Baker on Benz  (Read 7871 times)

VarialDisease

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 12
Re: Leo Baker on Benz
« Reply #120 on: June 30, 2021, 10:09:40 AM »
Expand Quote
Love Leo.  Fuck Mercedes.  Fuck all car companies.  Motherfuckers have been fighting wars and flying planes into buildings for decades, just so we can drive our goddamn cars.  Everyone wants progress, but we're all clinging to the past when it comes to our cars.  I haven't checked stats recently but, for many years the Mercedes G Wagon has been rated the number one most environmentally destructive personal vehicle on the market.  From fabrication to construction, to fuel economy, that vehicle takes such a massive toll on the environment that, once you know the facts, you'd be forgiven if looked at anybody driving one as a bit of a selfish cunt.  Also, fuck the Bolivian coup car company, aka Tesla.   
[close]
Meanwhile we cut down hardwood trees for the pleasure of grinding curbs and jumping down stairs.

Fair play.  Life is one big-ass moral dilemma, and humanity is a complete cancer on the rest of the natural world.  Nevertheless, I'd like to believe that we all try to limit our personal contribution to the carnage.  We all live with our own moral conflicts, but that shouldn't preclude us from calling bullshit when shit stinks. 

ok boomer

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1032
  • Gnar Kook
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #121 on: June 30, 2021, 11:49:23 AM »
I went on a tangent in 2003 where I was over analyzing the cutting down of trees for boards and ended up not skating much for around 6 months. I started calling my board "the 50 dollar piece of wood" and just sitting at spots thinking about the state of the world instead of filming dank tricks. In my defense, my dad died not long before this and my ex junkie g/f went to prison the same week. And I was also at peak drug use of my lifetime. Once I settled down on the drug use, I just started skating again and never really thought about it.

ColorWheelsGraphicsOut

• Rep: 4
« Reply #122 on: June 30, 2021, 01:31:58 PM »
I went on a tangent in 2003 where I was over analyzing the cutting down of trees for boards and ended up not skating much for around 6 months. I started calling my board "the 50 dollar piece of wood" and just sitting at spots thinking about the state of the world instead of filming dank tricks. In my defense, my dad died not long before this and my ex junkie g/f went to prison the same week. And I was also at peak drug use of my lifetime. Once I settled down on the drug use, I just started skating again and never really thought about it.

Ok boomer

manysnakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1076
« Reply #123 on: June 30, 2021, 01:35:17 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
leo getting into the macho side of being male... i kinda like it
[close]

What even is macho these days?
[close]

Like I said, she is now a white man. The most powerful and oppressive being on the earth! 

She/he has become what she despised…Justin Bieber

This is such a funny truism that no one can face. It's happened a bunch of times of Twitter, where trans men have launched some vitriolic attack against others, only to be shut down with the usual "white men are at it again!" It literally never seemed to occur to them that things could work in this way.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2021, 01:50:17 PM by manysnakes »
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

manysnakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1076
« Reply #124 on: June 30, 2021, 01:46:29 PM »
the industrial revolution and its consequences have been a disaster for the human race example 24483839483$3848

Get Ted-pilled
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #125 on: June 30, 2021, 01:46:50 PM »

this just proves that taking lots of drugs means you care about the environment.