Author Topic: peter ramondetta of real & huf  (Read 15225 times)

DCLOVE

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -490
Re: peter ramondetta of real & huf
« Reply #30 on: August 19, 2018, 10:44:00 AM »
Can you actually even leave real? Shit massimo, jt aultz and Ernie Torres are still on and They’ve been way less productive than ramondetta .
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

Big Baby Jesus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 266
    • Suciu avatar image
« Reply #31 on: August 19, 2018, 10:53:41 AM »
Sad to see him go. Hope real does something for him. Need to scoop one of his decks ASAP.
flat spotted 3 times in 2 weeks, other than that awesome wheels

Baby is gonna be raised by Max and Cyrus

Jim and Dan

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 492
  • Twenty-six Conversions in A.D. 46
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #32 on: August 19, 2018, 02:43:19 PM »
Remember that part where he skated to Electric Eye? Shit was hot fire. Where do the years go?!

GOKU always knows what's good, Seeing Double was classic!

The years go by too fast, the bad times are killing me...
Roll for Rusty, Frip, Dapple and Tate

"My boiz better take my body, and boardslide me down the fucking bridge, in San Francisco"

botefdunn

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 735
« Reply #33 on: August 19, 2018, 03:51:24 PM »
One silver tooth like i'm peter ramondetta

Useless Wooden Bench

• Rep: 159
    • Pappy avatar image
« Reply #34 on: August 19, 2018, 07:04:00 PM »
I remember in an interview he said that he was epileptic and that he can't drink because it can trigger seizures.  Yet I've seen plenty of footage of him slinging budweisers and whatnot other kinds of libations. Tsk tsk.
If it's the same interview I'm thinking of he also said that's why he got his arm tattooed, to cover up burns he got from having a seizure and sliding down a metal ramp on a super hot day.

fs overkrook

« Reply #35 on: August 19, 2018, 10:14:22 PM »
Expand Quote
I remember in an interview he said that he was epileptic and that he can't drink because it can trigger seizures.  Yet I've seen plenty of footage of him slinging budweisers and whatnot other kinds of libations. Tsk tsk.
[close]
If it's the same interview I'm thinking of he also said that's why he got his arm tattooed, to cover up burns he got from having a seizure and sliding down a metal ramp on a super hot day.
He also talks about walking into a jack shack during a gay pride event in sf. Read that shit all the time in 7th grade.

mynameisnotjeff

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 586
« Reply #36 on: August 19, 2018, 11:21:49 PM »
I remember as a young catholic school boy his 666 tattoo scared me

My super christian dad bought me one of his boards and looking closer I saw all the pentagrams and stuff and felt bad but it skated great. Feel kinda sad but, hoping the guy has a solid retirement plan or something.
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

The Old Man From Scene 24

• Rep: 2
« Reply #37 on: August 20, 2018, 12:24:24 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
He also talks about walking into a jack shack during a gay pride event in sf. Read that shit all the time in 7th grade.
That was his TWS Pro Spotlight from 2008.
Best story was how he misunderstood his teacher when she told the kids to "dress up" for the school pictures and so he dressed up as a clown.

dirtywork81

• Rep: 16
« Reply #38 on: August 20, 2018, 07:53:29 AM »
One time the Circa team rolled through my home town. Demo got rained out so we moved in it inside at our local park. I was standing on the deck, next to me was Jon Allie chilling. I asked Jon "you not skating?" "Nah, this park sucks everything is way to slippery" he replied. Just at that moment of him saying that Ramondetta does the most perfect frontside flip over a large table top. It was incredible. Pete is the man!

SFblah

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 668
« Reply #39 on: August 20, 2018, 08:38:44 AM »
I wondered about him the other day because neither Real or Huf have had promoted him anywhere for awhile. We saw him when he was unsponsored and he was way ahead of everyone else.

People saw mostly his rail stuff when he came out but that guy was doing super tech ledge stuff as well. Rodney Mullen was a big fan of his when he was on Globe and got bummed when he heard Circa stole him according to a friend who worked at Globe.

lampshade

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 132
« Reply #40 on: August 20, 2018, 11:18:19 AM »
I wondered about him the other day because neither Real or Huf have had promoted him anywhere for awhile. We saw him when he was unsponsored and he was way ahead of everyone else.

People saw mostly his rail stuff when he came out but that guy was doing super tech ledge stuff as well. Rodney Mullen was a big fan of his when he was on Globe and got bummed when he heard Circa stole him according to a friend who worked at Globe.

He's rad, but it's easy to get lost in the Deluxe camp when they have like a hundred riders between all the teams.  Real is always promoting the new guys and Buzinitez.  Pete also kind of always seemed like he didn't want the spotlight.  He did have last part in that Circa video when they were somewhat relevant.     

Baron Samedi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 372
« Reply #41 on: August 20, 2018, 11:27:50 AM »
will not believe until confirmed by a tm from a country such as gambia or luxembourg

streetsoup

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -32
« Reply #42 on: August 20, 2018, 11:34:34 AM »
My mom worked on his mortgage loans years ago and it was at that moment she realized you could be a pro skater and an adult.
She still asks about him sometimes, "does that Ramondetta guy still skateboard?"

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1342
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #43 on: August 20, 2018, 04:03:14 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]
Best story was how he misunderstood his teacher when she told the kids to "dress up" for the school pictures and so he dressed up as a clown.

Forgot I had that one. From OK...hates pickles. Seems like a good dude.

Oh and it was a homie that walked into a circle jerk tent, not a jack shack.
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

ziggy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -216
« Reply #44 on: August 20, 2018, 04:04:54 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]

sure it was 'a homie'

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1342
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #45 on: August 20, 2018, 04:21:14 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]

[close]

sure it was 'a homie'

Yeah I kinda thought that too.
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

Burton Ernie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 68
    • Black Mesa avatar image
« Reply #46 on: August 20, 2018, 06:37:48 PM »
Peter is so goddamn good at skating. I used to go to Tulsa a lot in the early 2000's and saw him a few times at the metal park and local contests. There was a long flat bar at the metal park and he would skate back and forth and do like every single trick that exists without ever missing, that shit blew my mind.

There was also a Volcom/CKY/BAM(?) Demo at the metal park before they moved it one time and I remember both Peter and Dennis fucking destroying the park. Two of the most consistent dudes I've ever seen in person.

None of that should come as any surprise to anyone, but I thought I'd share. Peter Ramondetta is the shit and I wish all the best for him!

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1151
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #47 on: August 20, 2018, 07:31:51 PM »
I love the Exodus song he skates to in his Since Day One part.  Great skater, wish all the best for him.
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

Betaphenylethylalamine

• Trade Count: (-2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -138
« Reply #48 on: August 20, 2018, 07:43:25 PM »
Great skater. Loved everything hes put out

Hope all is well on his end
Gentleman ninja warlock

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #49 on: August 20, 2018, 08:01:01 PM »
Dude is so much better than most people know.
First time I saw him was at some ftc jam or something at wallenberg. They set a rail up down the 4.
Nobody fucked with it at all all day.
Then this dude comes and withing a few goes had lipslid, smithed, feebled, and a bunch of other things down it with ease. I didn’t find out until later who he was.
Ever since then, every single time I’ve seen him skate, he was the best one at the spot. It didn’t matter what the spot was or who was with him, he was ripping the hardest.
I’d be bummed if this was the end. One of the all time SF greats
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

Betaphenylethylalamine

• Trade Count: (-2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -138
« Reply #50 on: August 20, 2018, 08:09:00 PM »
First time I saw him was at some ftc jam or something at wallenberg. They set a rail up down the 4.
Then this dude comes and withing a few goes had lipslid, smithed, feebled, and a bunch of other things down it with ease. I didn’t find out until later who he was.
Ever since then, every single time I’ve seen him skate, he was the best one at the spot. It didn’t matter what the spot was or who was with him, he was ripping the hardest.

That's epic. Great story
Gentleman ninja warlock

sid vicious

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 64
« Reply #51 on: August 20, 2018, 11:16:24 PM »
I love the Exodus song he skates to in his Since Day One part.  Great skater, wish all the best for him.

x2 - great song choice

straight

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 989
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #52 on: August 20, 2018, 11:28:50 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

That's epic. Great story

this is exactly how i imagine him to be .. def one of my favorites ever
What kind of mikey taylor logic is this?

theknifesong

• Rep: 19
  • wow!balls!
« Reply #53 on: August 21, 2018, 03:40:45 AM »
Pete is one of the nicest persons I've met. Bummer if he will fade out like this.

weregoingunion

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #54 on: August 21, 2018, 01:34:45 PM »
ramondetta has been one of my favorites since he joined real. seeing double, recipe for disaster... i remember i drew a picture of him for art class. the ad where he’s staring down a rail and there’s a brick wall. his circa shoe skated really well and still remains the only circa shoe i’ve ever had. got the chance to meet him a few times in person and he’s always been so nice.

i don’t think he’s married to the photographer, since she removed ramondetta from her last name. crazy she was in the 5th element!!

remember he went pro the same time as darrell stanton....
r.i.p. bubblegum tate
LOAF FOREVER <3

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1380
« Reply #55 on: August 21, 2018, 03:44:26 PM »
I remember when he was first coming up and was highlighted in O'Dell's Thrasher articles. Nobody knew who he was.

Now he's retiring. It's weird to see the whole career span, it makes me feel so old.

Ramondetta always had grown-man style and just killed it so if this is true, then godspeed to him.

SFblah

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 668
« Reply #56 on: August 21, 2018, 05:28:25 PM »
Well shit she was in 5th Element.

DirtyBurger

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 116
« Reply #57 on: August 21, 2018, 06:17:27 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]

I feel like that's a common mistake, I was young and would always wear my Halloween costume to picture day every year. It seemed like a way to show it off beforehand. Peter Ramondetta is the man, he gave me a stack of stickers at a Tampa am one year and he seemed very sincere. Hopefully we get a random one off board with his name on it every once in awhile.

pointandclick

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 245
« Reply #58 on: August 21, 2018, 10:52:37 PM »
met peter ramondetta twice, once in edmonton on a circa demo, very nice and was happy to be there. the second time was 3 years ago at soma, met him with frank gerwer: both were very nice, humble and accommodating. tony t was there and was a douche. i always tried to buy ramondetta decks and shoes when i could, super underrated.

Bristol_Palin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 527
« Reply #59 on: August 21, 2018, 11:25:50 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I can't recall the tws interview but I remember in his Thrasher interview he talks about having epilepsy and the skatepark story and he mentions the hot metal ramp also burned his face and he always has a beard now to hide the burn spot. It was the thrasher with the neckface drawing on the cover with a monster nose grinding a coffin.
It was this issue.
http://www.thrashermagazine.com/articles/magazine/july-2005/

I like Ramondetta. He rips. I hope he's doing well.