Author Topic: What are some dumb things that happen at your skatepark?  (Read 19694 times)

Dong Hanglo

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 34
Re: What are some dumb things that happen at your skatepark?
« Reply #150 on: December 18, 2017, 03:14:08 PM »
on weekend mornings there are huge soccer games next to the park. brings out all the kooks at once. dudes with remote control cars doing flyouts with them. shoeless children on mountain bikes. teenagers snap chating in the flat. drunk dads that ask "whos the best out of you guys?" and my favorite the drunk uncle that "used to be sponsored before(insert the worst attempt at a lie here)" guy. it's fascinating once. 

fakie nollie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1060
Re: What are some dumb things that happen at your skatepark?
« Reply #151 on: December 19, 2017, 01:57:27 PM »
For context, my local park went from a typical free/sketchy public skatepark in Southern California to one you have to pay $5 at the gate to get into, with a park guard and a peak attendance of maybe 5 people... all of whom are children with scooters.

I actually do the lamest thing at the skatepark. I bring my girlfriend, who is trying to learn how to skate by holding onto the fence and do slow pushes on the flat. She knows I suck so no park-cheerleading or instagramming happening. Just two people in their late 20's fucking around.

She talks shit to the scooter kids though, which I guess makes it cool.