Author Topic: Literal absolute worst parts in a skate video?  (Read 14413 times)

Paul Cicero

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -291
Re: Literal absolute worst parts in a skate video?
« Reply #150 on: March 01, 2022, 02:02:20 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
not sure which is a worse part, i feel like people will say mind field because of more fake spots, while others will say skate more because they hate the faint.

[close]

It cracks me up that Berra presumably had access to the Faint’s entire catalogue to choose from and landed on maybe the worst song for his part.  Only Berra…
[close]

That faint song is rough.
It’s always annoyed be that Berra isn’t terrible. I’m not saying he’s my dude, but…I’d be absolutely lying if I said I didn’t admire about all of his flips that involve a 180. Particularly the half cab flips. Forever a goober that guy.
[close]

He does a pretty good Rickkflip in SkateMore
[close]

I would have liked his SkateMore part a lot more if it didn't have that corny dramatic intro. He amassed a good amount of footage so he didn't need to give an excuse for being injured.
[close]

after rewatching that skatemore part it looks like 90% of it is fake spots too. All-state sign, the brick ledge to red rail, the bump to out rail, the bump to flatbar on the loading dock, the manual pad that looks like it's inside a warehouse.

doesn't make the part any less enjoyable. say what you want, berra had a pretty proper style and flip tricks. especially considering he filmed all that coming off a surgery.
[close]

Personally, I think the line between "fake spot" and "real spot" is kind of grey, particularly with foundation spots, diy ledges, quickcrete transition on banks, and bondo'ed angle iron on ledges that we see all the time in parts.

That said, did Steve Berra/Jim Greco steal an existing Allstate sign and turn it into a ledge they can move around? Or did they make a ledge and put a giant Allstate vinyl wrap around it? If the latter, why Allstate?
[close]
It's been said a million times and I agree to a certain level but they literally built bump to bars, handrails,a fake shop front with ledges. I doubt they stole the sign based on the level of building they were doing.
What bothers me more than the fake spots tho is he sped up half his footage. Building spots could be argued to be grey area but altering your footage to make it look like you skate faster has to be a no no

The whole part is disingenuous on multiple levels. Truly the worst ever.

Billy Bitchcakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 473
  • Q U I T E S T Y L I S H
« Reply #151 on: March 02, 2022, 05:54:31 AM »
I feel dumb but I don't think I can see the speeding up in Borra's parts. I can see some clips where they could appear sped up if I looked at it that way, but nothing obvious. Where's a good example?
During sex to prevent myself from ejaculating I think about Osama Bin Laden running my dick through a sewing machine.

krookedjuice

• Rep: 31
« Reply #152 on: March 02, 2022, 06:34:24 AM »
Expand Quote
Gareth in That's Life exclusively for this little number.

[close]

I fucking love Gareth

I used to enjoy that part but i also watched that video every day when it came out.
Whatever happened to Gareth?

Star Whores Episode I: The Fellatio Menace

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 226
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #153 on: March 02, 2022, 10:47:44 AM »

They put in replays of that 5-0 like it was about to put Black Label on the map.
if post- retirement duke nukem bagged that azz i have a chance too

FuzzGNU

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 194
  • The Spectre Haunting SLAP
« Reply #154 on: March 18, 2022, 04:41:03 AM »
A buddy and I were going through skate vids we used to watch as kids in early 2000s... we got to label kills which I fondly remember as the video with Jason Adams that introduced me to the world of slappies. Then we skipped around and watched Mike V's part... bro are you serious. Its literally 3 minutes of him pushing as hard as he can LMFAO. That's quite literally the entirety of the part, he does maybe like one or two ollies and the rest is just him hauling ass in the middle of random streets.
We rewound it and watched it again and watched in disbelief, pretty sure I was in tears laughing at the end of it.

Hard to believe that it even qualifies as a part... but there it is. Unbelievable. Any other parts to match this in terms of pure minimal effort?

It's been weeks since I saw this and I can't get it out of my head. It's too funny. You keep thinking the video is going to "start" and it just never happens. It's like someone made a parody of a skate part.

That being said, it's kind of fun watching Mike V aggro push. Kind of gets me hyped.
Skateboarding is the ultimate challenge.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 856
« Reply #155 on: March 18, 2022, 04:57:23 AM »
I feel dumb but I don't think I can see the speeding up in Borra's parts. I can see some clips where they could appear sped up if I looked at it that way, but nothing obvious. Where's a good example?
After kickflip tail at 1:48 entire line at 2:22 especially when he pushed looks so unatural. Altho I did do some "research" into this years ago and different versions look worse or better. The pal DVD where I first noticed it looks completely fucked which I thought could be a frame rate thing but it's only berras part and not every trick. I used to have a Bluray player you could slow down and speed up and if you just slowed it down a bit it looked normal.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2022, 05:18:16 AM by Mean salto »

SHARPSHOOTER

• Rep: -277
  • Bret Hart
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #156 on: March 18, 2022, 10:52:48 AM »
I used to hate Paulo Diaz in Cherry but it grew on me as I understand it’s just chill clips

what is wrong with you

• Rep: 10
« Reply #157 on: March 19, 2022, 02:12:13 PM »
joey brezinski has never put out anything enjoyable, the only clip i ever liked of him was in that crob part where he does a line ending in a kickflip front nose, he does the worst combos, nobody wants to see your halfcab noseslide to backtail fakie manny bigflip joe