Author Topic: Polar Full Length - "SOUNDS LIKE YOU GUYS ARE CRUSHING IT"  (Read 46665 times)

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 256
Re: Polar Full Length - "SOUNDS LIKE YOU GUYS ARE CRUSHING IT"
« Reply #390 on: October 11, 2022, 11:32:21 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
could see all these guys on mystery
[close]
oh man

[close]

Unbelievable
[close]

they all look like they are on their knees with their kneecaps in their shoes
[close]
What's even more unbelievable is mystery ran that fukn ss logo for so long.

Wellll it’s the name/font of the kiss cover band in Detroit rock City, so in their eyes it’s the Kiss “S”.  Kiss is literally rocking the SS and they’ve got at least one Jew in their band who should know better

Mean salto

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 858
« Reply #391 on: October 11, 2022, 11:53:28 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
oh man

[close]

Unbelievable
[close]

[close]
[close]

Wellll it’s the name/font of the kiss cover band in Detroit rock City, so in their eyes it’s the Kiss “S”.  Kiss is literally rocking the SS and they’ve got at least one Jew in their band who should know better
Oh yeah it's also funny they took their image from that movie for this team/company altho originally it was supposed to be mumfords. (but he bailed to do legacy, which funnily enough I think also had some iron eagle type imagery). Funny thing with kiss too is they have a different logo in Germany (I think other parts of Europe too) so even after their Jewish members not knowing better that should of been a pretty big sign to maybe just alter their logo a bit. Unrelated watched newest EP of walking dead and there's a little recap of old stuff and guys clearly riding a moto with an ss logo. He's meant to be the main good guy and all.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #392 on: October 11, 2022, 12:18:03 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
oh man

[close]

Unbelievable
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
Oh yeah it's also funny they took their image from that movie for this team/company altho originally it was supposed to be mumfords. (but he bailed to do legacy, which funnily enough I think also had some iron eagle type imagery). Funny thing with kiss too is they have a different logo in Germany (I think other parts of Europe too) so even after their Jewish members not knowing better that should of been a pretty big sign to maybe just alter their logo a bit. Unrelated watched newest EP of walking dead and there's a little recap of old stuff and guys clearly riding a moto with an ss logo. He's meant to be the main good guy and all.

Is it Darryl?   I think he started off that way or maybe it was his brother.   Still surprising to see

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #393 on: October 11, 2022, 12:30:01 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
oh man

[close]

Unbelievable
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

Is it Darryl?   I think he started off that way or maybe it was his brother.   Still surprising to see
Yeah Daryl. You'd think they'd just cover it up with a little VFX or something. Can't remember where he got that exact bike from maybe it's his og maybe from the saviours. Loud fucking bike is one of the many things that doesn't really make sense in that show but now I'm really getting off topic lol

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #394 on: October 11, 2022, 01:40:09 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
oh man

[close]

Unbelievable
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
Yeah Daryl. You'd think they'd just cover it up with a little VFX or something. Can't remember where he got that exact bike from maybe it's his og maybe from the saviours. Loud fucking bike is one of the many things that doesn't really make sense in that show but now I'm really getting off topic lol

I’m not into zombie stuff at all.  Has anyone ever explained why they don’t just trap them all in the Grand Canyon

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #395 on: October 11, 2022, 01:52:51 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
oh man

[close]

Unbelievable
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

I’m not into zombie stuff at all.  Has anyone ever explained why they don’t just trap them all in the Grand Canyon
I'm neutral to zombie stuff but have somehow watched it (prob missed a ton of eps here and there) and basically it's just because they need the show to work. There's zero consistency or even logic to most scenes. It's basically whatever they need to happen in a scene is what happens.
Hold a zombie at arm's reach easily and it doesn't do shit then two mins later a zombie literally rips a person in half. Uh oh a whole horde of zombies even tho we're literally in no danger and could just take our time and pick them all off one by one we better play leapfrog thru the entire deathpit. My guess with why no grand canyon is that it's set in Atlanta and Washington DC.

Mongo Lloyd

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 170
« Reply #396 on: October 11, 2022, 02:41:41 PM »
I just wanna chime in about the off topic zombie shit.

I never understood how the zombies would only rot to a certain point. A large portion of time has elapsed so they essentially should have disintegrated by now, or at least have been devoured entirely by flies. Their limbs are brittle enough to break, yet they can munch into flesh or grab ahold of living entities without compromising their “bodies”.
Do you get deja vu, huh?

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1086
« Reply #397 on: October 11, 2022, 02:57:55 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
oh man

[close]

Unbelievable
[close]

[close]
[close]

Gene Simmons (Chaim Witz) was born to a mother who survived several years of internment at Auschwitz before repatriating to Israeli. Sensitivity to these things uses to be much different; no one used to believe that seeing a single S drawn in the style of the SS would trigger some sort of Manchurian candidate antisemitism.
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

elbarto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 33
« Reply #398 on: October 11, 2022, 04:52:39 PM »
Daryl was definitely associated with Neo Nazis and racists early in the show as part of his backstory. Obviously he turned around and corrected his mindset but it’s kind of part of the lore that his bike has that SS. Not that I’m defending it, just don’t see why they’d cover it up. Sorry for continuing this Walking Dead conversation lmfao
“I’ll whoop your ass with my arm out of socket”

versacekid420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1259
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #399 on: October 11, 2022, 05:07:12 PM »
a picture of a team full of legal dwarves turns into political correctness. the company is/was named mystery with a broken heart as the logo, they’re fucking stupid don’t look too hard into it

Prostate Exam

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 502
  • registered SLAP offender
« Reply #400 on: October 12, 2022, 12:28:36 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
oh man

[close]

Unbelievable
[close]

lickcakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 200
  • breathcakes
« Reply #401 on: October 14, 2022, 11:25:49 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
oh man

[close]

Unbelievable
[close]

[close]

i have a suspicion that this is edited using content-aware scaling or something. i think there's too much whitespace up top. i hope it's totally real though

BALARGUE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 633
    • Balargue Skateshop avatar image
« Reply #402 on: October 15, 2022, 01:21:54 AM »
aren't shadows longer than their actual knees ?

imagine a team of Adrian Lopez sized guys
« Last Edit: October 15, 2022, 02:14:52 AM by BALARGUE »

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #403 on: October 15, 2022, 01:55:54 AM »
I guess stallion is a Shetland. Did he maybe have one of the shortest skate careers? Reminds me add Devine to the list.

RoaryMcTwang

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 439
« Reply #404 on: October 15, 2022, 06:08:36 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
oh man

[close]

Unbelievable
[close]

[close]
[close]

i have a suspicion that this is edited using content-aware scaling or something. i think there's too much whitespace up top. i hope it's totally real though

Far as I remember this is not the real one but an ever so slightly exaggerated one made by a pal. But the legs in the original weren't much longer

Sketch Hitchcock

• Rep: 168
« Reply #405 on: October 19, 2022, 09:19:27 AM »
Anyone else still listening to this one?

usehername720

• Rep: 6
« Reply #406 on: October 19, 2022, 10:52:35 AM »
Anyone else still listening to this one?

This one and the first song were my favorite tracks from the whole vid

Velcro Wallet

• Rep: 216
« Reply #407 on: October 24, 2022, 12:25:09 AM »
I haven’t read all the comments but what happened the David Stenstrom??? I know he was of… the back on….

Weird.

HORSES

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 334
« Reply #408 on: October 24, 2022, 12:35:16 AM »
I haven’t read all the comments but what happened the David Stenstrom??? I know he was of… the back on….

Weird.

I was thinking that too, I don't think anyone has mentioned it in this thread, but yeah no idea, he was even on the world tour.

brucewillis

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 35
  • Die Hard. www.casualskateshop.com.br
« Reply #409 on: October 24, 2022, 04:21:58 AM »
Finally had the time to sit and watch it this weekend with my girl. We both loved it so much. Lil ugly mane got me so hyped when started playing. Everyone killed it. Soundtrack was amazing. Also great video to have sex while watching.

mj23

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 225
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #410 on: October 24, 2022, 07:23:18 AM »
that was a really proper video. full parts. people's names on the screen. more of that.

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1308
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #411 on: October 24, 2022, 08:03:25 AM »
that was a really proper video. full parts. people's names on the screen. more of that.
Except if you watch the video, the format is a huge montage, name pops up, and it goes back to being a montage? couple exceptions (Ville, Hjalte, Jamie) but almost everyone's footage is spread throughout. Agreed on it being a good vid tho.

mj23

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #412 on: October 24, 2022, 08:12:14 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Except if you watch the video, the format is a huge montage, name pops up, and it goes back to being a montage? couple exceptions (Ville, Hjalte, Jamie) but almost everyone's footage is spread throughout. Agreed on it being a good vid tho.
isnt it more like montage - name pops up - mostly that guys part - guest tricks - montage - name pops up - mostly the next guys part? and most of the montages are related to a particular city? and in most cases the city montage is loosely based around the city where the 'main' skater from that part is from? kind of a loose definition of 'proper parts' i guess but still more proper than most videos lately

ill watch it again eventually, ill admit i only wacthed once

Lenny the Fatface

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 330
« Reply #413 on: October 24, 2022, 08:56:08 AM »
To add to the Walking Dead’s flawed zombie logic…I never understood how natural disasters wasn’t a more used plot device.

Ideally hurricane induced winds and flooding in the Southeast would wipe out most of zombies in a couple years.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #414 on: October 24, 2022, 09:03:01 AM »
To add to the Walking Dead’s flawed zombie logic…I never understood how natural disasters wasn’t a more used plot device.

Ideally hurricane induced winds and flooding in the Southeast would wipe out most of zombies in a couple years.
I guess they can just say it doesn't destroy the zombies brain so the floods and hurricanes just kill more humans, creating more zombies and move zombies around. Altho as seen a million times on the show you barely have to touch a zombies head (or even regular human head half the time) to destroy a skull.

mj23

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #415 on: October 24, 2022, 09:03:52 AM »
i never watched walking dead but i just watched 'return of the living dead' over the weekend and it was sick

versacekid420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1259
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #416 on: October 24, 2022, 09:06:21 AM »
i never watched walking dead but i just watched 'return of the living dead' over the weekend and it was sick
and to add to this night of the living dead was my first horror movie

ralf_

• Rep: -38
  • yo
« Reply #417 on: November 02, 2022, 11:25:04 AM »
Bump
fun fun fun

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1086
« Reply #418 on: November 02, 2022, 11:30:55 AM »
I've watched it all the way through twice. I think it's my favorite Polar video.
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021