Author Topic: hypothetical scenario  (Read 813 times)

The Laps of Alps.

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 7
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
hypothetical scenario
« on: December 04, 2006, 02:16:50 PM »
i saw 28 days later last week, obviously thinking about how no matter how many rage zombies were lurking, you just know some dude would still try to skate that godly spot with the fort knox security.

sooo how important is traffic and people and random shit passing by, barrage of noises, etc, etc, to your idea of skateboarding in a city, or would you prefer to just have you and some homies with the run of the town, hitting abandoned spot after abandoned spot?

artichoke

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 368
Re: hypothetical scenario
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2006, 02:23:27 PM »
I think skating by yourself in a completely deserted city would get old pretty quick.

I like skating through traffic anyway.

grimcity

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2214
  • computer says no
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2006, 03:56:49 PM »
If you want to get the deserted city experience, try skating Baton Rouge on any night of the week... there's no nightlife in the downtown/capital area, so you pretty much get the run of the place.

art hellman

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1189
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2006, 04:24:13 PM »
i always used to get bummed when random people would watch me skate at a spot.......but after spending a summer in NYC, i was basically forced to "get over it"...now it doesnt really bother me

but at the same time, it's always fun to have a city to yourself (and your friends).....
hardly art, hardly starving

mikefork

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2006, 04:30:09 PM »
fall river, ma(hometown of emeril lagasse) is deserted on sundays. no joke. we went there last november and there were so many spots in one concentrated area and absolutely no one was around. its a city the size of boston and we saw two kids after an hour of skating. other than that maybe one car drove by. it is really fun because you can skate a spot for hours without getting the boot