Author Topic: Thrasher Interview issue *spoilers*  (Read 32606 times)

Mundungus

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 59
  • ∆∆∆
Re: Thrasher Interview issue *spoilers*
« Reply #150 on: June 04, 2013, 02:46:58 PM »
I want to apologize for the remarks I made in Thrasher about female skateboarders. What I meant was that skateboarding is a gnarly sport, in general, and as someone who knows the wrath of the concrete all too well, I don?t like the thought of girls (like my little sister) getting hurt. My words were an inaccurate reflection of who I am; more importantly they were disrespectful and I genuinely regret them.

??? You had an interview in thrasher??  ???

LifeHammered

• Rep: 53
« Reply #151 on: June 04, 2013, 03:10:03 PM »
Expand Quote
I want to apologize for the remarks I made in Thrasher about female skateboarders. What I meant was that skateboarding is a gnarly sport, in general, and as someone who knows the wrath of the concrete all too well, I don?t like the thought of girls (like my little sister) getting hurt. My words were an inaccurate reflection of who I am; more importantly they were disrespectful and I genuinely regret them.
[close]

??? You had an interview in thrasher??  ???
Not only did I forget the quotes, I forgot to make sure Gip didn't already post it in the other Nyjah thread. Silly me.

Will Easley

« Reply #152 on: June 04, 2013, 07:28:42 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I would fold faster than skatedood's rap career if I was told to put that many stickers on my board in exchange for several lucrative contracts.
[close]

My career never folded tho? Shit's about to get heavy ina lil bit actually. stay tuned for all that...

plus ive heard theotis say he likes putting stickers on his board anyway, so who gives a fuck? alot of yall niggas work 9-5's that you dont always enjoy waking up to in order to make a living, while this guy gets paid more to put stickers on a fucking skateboard. who's winning? The "corer-than-thou" SLAP poster with the highest of skateboarding morals, or 22 year old kid from the hood who gets to skate all day in order to provide for his family & live the lavish life? you sound regular.
[close]

I remember this Altamont Epicly Later'd they did and DOllin said he once asked Theotis as to why so many stickers and his reply was something in the lines of ; I wanna rep the companies that help me out . i don't see it as much of a big deal as everyone makes it.
[close]
If he feels that way its ok. However i believe he is stupid. I wouldnt do it unless it was in my contract. In my mind when you are a pro you break yourself and companies profit from that giving you a small fraction of profits. So basically if you are a good skater that brings profits the company should rep you harder not the other way round....

I'm pretty sure a company "reps" you by giving you insane amounts of free gear & handing you a paycheck. What kind of argument are you trying to make here? Dude probably gets hella photo incentives you gotta be stupid as hell to pass up on some easy money for putting some stickers on your board. Seriously thats the most trivial shit to even complain about. its fucking stickers dude. Why any of yall try to make that some sort of big deal is beyond me.

Seamus_McShamebag

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 855
« Reply #153 on: June 05, 2013, 08:39:27 AM »

Anybody catch the Greco interview?  That was good shit and it made me want to go out to the garage, fuck my skateboard and then not call it the next day.  Then two days later see if wants to hang out on my couch with me and watch a Kate Hudson movie with a nice Cabernet.