Poll

Are you watching GiftedHater?

Yes
No
Yes & Patreon subscribed
Fuck no
Fred Gall

Author Topic: Thoughts on Gifted Hater?  (Read 407616 times)

BootsWithTheFerg

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -34
Re: Thoughts on Gifted Hater?
« Reply #1350 on: December 11, 2022, 06:44:02 PM »
So according this site he makes between 223 and 489 $ per month from twitch subscribers.
His patreon has 1669 subscribers, with a 5.50$ and a 11$ option.
https://www.patreon.com/GiftedHater

So if there's nothing I'm missing he's making around 10 k per month?

Usually those sites don't include things like streamelements/streamlabs etc. Witch are basically just middle men for direct paypal tips. Cash app. Venmo etc. Alot of streamers make the bulk of their money thru these methods. That and he more than likely also gets money from bits on twitch and superchats on youtube. Then there's ad revenue and view revenue. Those are down but this time a year the ad revenue is pretty decent. Idk about twitch but on YouTube it all pays out monthly on top of subscribers. Outside of what you make on payment apps.

He's kind of in a niche category of streamers so these methods may not be as profitable for him but it's not hard to imagine he's making an extra 5 to 10k a month on top of pateron and his subscriber counts. Those metrics are hard to track tho so again grain of salt.

Candied cigarettes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 237
« Reply #1351 on: December 11, 2022, 09:21:46 PM »
I bet he’s never even seen tws’ right foot forward

A transworld video

fredgallSOTY

« Reply #1352 on: December 12, 2022, 06:20:41 AM »
if you havent seen Digital's Get Tricks or Die Tryin' you cannot talk about skateboarding

Billy Bitchcakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 473
  • Q U I T E S T Y L I S H
« Reply #1353 on: December 12, 2022, 06:39:48 AM »
Jim Bates's part was sick
During sex to prevent myself from ejaculating I think about Osama Bin Laden running my dick through a sewing machine.

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1956
« Reply #1354 on: December 12, 2022, 06:56:36 AM »

I really don't like the argument he makes at the end for more "quantifiable" means for selecting SOTY. Yeah, obviously there's been a formula to win to years now, and even though I doubt that's going away I wish people would stop overthinking the award. The operative word for SOTY is Thrasher's Skater of the Year. It doesn't have to be fair, it doesn't have to make the most sense, and it certainly doesn't have to be democratic. It's fun to think about SOTY and to compare top tier skateboarding, but the decision has never been about us and that's fine. Some of the talking points in this video are toeing awfully close to the Berrics' stupid populist voting thing, which absolutely nobody should give a shit about.

Bristol_Palin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 525
« Reply #1355 on: December 12, 2022, 07:14:13 AM »
if you havent seen Digital's Get Tricks or Die Tryin' you cannot talk about skateboarding

I bet he’s never seen digital: get tricks or die tryin’

I bet he's never even seen The Weenabago Projekt

Punished Skateboards

• Rep: 61
« Reply #1356 on: December 12, 2022, 07:32:02 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Expand Quote
[close]

I bet he’s never heard the sound of a .44 at his door.

Billy Bitchcakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 473
  • Q U I T E S T Y L I S H
« Reply #1357 on: December 12, 2022, 07:39:46 AM »
I bet he wouldn't know what to do when hulkamania runs wild on you
During sex to prevent myself from ejaculating I think about Osama Bin Laden running my dick through a sewing machine.

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1940
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #1358 on: December 12, 2022, 07:55:45 AM »
I bet he wouldn't know what to do when hulkamania runs wild on you

Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Alan

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2544
« Reply #1359 on: December 12, 2022, 08:30:36 AM »
I really don't like the argument he makes at the end for more "quantifiable" means for selecting SOTY. Yeah, obviously there's been a formula to win to years now, and even though I doubt that's going away I wish people would stop overthinking the award. The operative word for SOTY is Thrasher's Skater of the Year. It doesn't have to be fair, it doesn't have to make the most sense, and it certainly doesn't have to be democratic. It's fun to think about SOTY and to compare top tier skateboarding, but the decision has never been about us and that's fine. Some of the talking points in this video are toeing awfully close to the Berrics' stupid populist voting thing, which absolutely nobody should give a shit about.

Of course this nerd would want a more quantifiable method. Like you said, he's missing the point by miles. On a tangent, weren't TWS awards more "scientific?" And no one gave a shit about them when they were around.
Hosin' out the cab of his pickup truck
He's got his 8-track playin' really fuckin' loud

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 856
« Reply #1360 on: December 12, 2022, 08:37:26 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Of course this nerd would want a more quantifiable method. Like you said, he's missing the point by miles. On a tangent, weren't TWS awards more "scientific?" And no one gave a shit about them when they were around.
Can't speak to how much anyone gave a shit about them at the time because I don't know anyone who gave a shit about soty either but I feel like a best video part award could of been good for certain pros. I'd back it if they did it again even just because with would stop people thinking best part auto equals soty

Lame_Nigga

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -6
  • Just a lame nigga who can't kickflip
« Reply #1361 on: December 12, 2022, 08:44:15 AM »
he makes a fair point about tyshawn (and nyjah) of using the same spots over and over
Didn’t expect to agree with him as much as I did, and I never noticed it but he’s right. I don’t enjoy their parts any less, but they pick their spots and stick with them. Louie and TFunk def went all over and didn’t repeat spots.

On the fence on there being a better formula for SOTY. There is, and it’s “Do a lot for Thrasher”, but what other than that?

Also he made a really good point about Nyjah never actually being a contender. If they know they’re not gonna give it to him stop putting his parts on your site and leading him to believe he’ll get it with these interviews.

offkilter

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 263
« Reply #1362 on: December 12, 2022, 08:52:48 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I bet he’s never even seen Jereme Rogers’ Neighborhood.

sizzle_chest

• Rep: -12
  • Kookin' Ain't Easy
« Reply #1363 on: December 12, 2022, 08:59:29 AM »
Expand Quote
he makes a fair point about tyshawn (and nyjah) of using the same spots over and over
[close]
Didn’t expect to agree with him as much as I did, and I never noticed it but he’s right. I don’t enjoy their parts any less, but they pick their spots and stick with them. Louie and TFunk def went all over and didn’t repeat spots.

On the fence on there being a better formula for SOTY. There is, and it’s “Do a lot for Thrasher”, but what other than that?

Also he made a really good point about Nyjah never actually being a contender. If they know they’re not gonna give it to him stop putting his parts on your site and leading him to believe he’ll get it with these interviews.

That was fucked up. I didn't know they did the interview and then made the announcement right after. Makes Thrasher look like real assholes. Need to bring back Transworld.

shouldn't

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 73
« Reply #1364 on: December 12, 2022, 09:01:43 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

i bet he’s never seen momentum - un momentum (por favor).

imagine fucking the dog shit outta chris roberts

franquietits

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1365 on: December 12, 2022, 09:16:35 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

That was fucked up. I didn't know they did the interview and then made the announcement right after. Makes Thrasher look like real assholes. Need to bring back Transworld.

Element of surprise? I remember they did the same thing with Figgy: year-round coverage/interviews than gave it to D-Gonz when he dropped his insane part in the eleventh hour.

Robert Baratheon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 40
« Reply #1366 on: December 12, 2022, 09:27:43 AM »

Liked his breakdown as always. I do kinda think the corrupt side of it is pretty funny. At its core, SOTY is pretty dumb and jockish. I never thought of the concept that the losers tricks are diminished but that does make some sense.

Bristol_Palin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 525
« Reply #1367 on: December 12, 2022, 11:16:47 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Eli Reeds part was irie

WavyDavy

• Rep: 128
« Reply #1368 on: December 12, 2022, 11:28:16 AM »
Nice breakdown of this whole thrasher soty farce.
This footage dump towards the end of the year is getting absurd

Arto!Arto!WakeUp!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 185
« Reply #1369 on: December 12, 2022, 11:32:31 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
bet he's never seen ice cream vol.1

grandslam

• Rep: 47
« Reply #1370 on: December 12, 2022, 11:44:39 AM »
At the end of the day, if it's Thrasher's award, then offering the public an option to vote only confuses and frustrates folks who don't understand that. Removing that option in future years may clear up any conversation of a 'system being rigged'
« Last Edit: December 12, 2022, 12:10:54 PM by grandslam »

A Not At All Naughty Chemist

• Rep: 45
« Reply #1371 on: December 12, 2022, 12:21:05 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

i bet he's seen the megamix

ShyLow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 57
« Reply #1372 on: December 12, 2022, 12:38:12 PM »
Think a big piece of what GH and many other are missing about SOTY is covers.
Tyshawn had the best cover this year, T-Funk had the 2nd best cover and they finished 1-2 in SOTY.

Coastal Fever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 515
« Reply #1373 on: December 12, 2022, 12:47:55 PM »
Fuck, video went private just before I got to watch it.  Any guesses as to who or what got him to axe it?

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1187
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #1374 on: December 12, 2022, 01:35:57 PM »
Fuck, video went private just before I got to watch it.  Any guesses as to who or what got him to axe it?

Someone tell the little dweeb to put it up again.
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

Punished Skateboards

« Reply #1375 on: December 12, 2022, 01:40:05 PM »

Probably the part where he said Thrasher never even had Nigel in the running because of the SA allegations. He later pinned a comment from himself saying that he was only guessing that’s why Nigel wasn’t in the running. Because he had insider info that the race was only between TJ and T-Funk, and given the footage Nigel released there was no other explanation as to why he wouldn’t be in the top two. He might have taken it down to edit that part out.

rukes

• Rep: 217
  • Yabba dabba doo
« Reply #1376 on: December 12, 2022, 01:50:34 PM »
The real conspiracy is that SOTY is just a vehicle to drive up numbers at SLAP discussion forums to increase ad revenue so then the forum runs at a profit for the rest of the year and they don't have to mothball it once the views drop off and the regulars are sitting round talking about how 8.67" with 54.7mm wheels is the ultimate setup for switch varial dolphin flips.
Is it true?  Or did you read it on the slap message board?

lurkluke

• Rep: 180
« Reply #1377 on: December 12, 2022, 02:00:29 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Probably the part where he said Thrasher never even had Nigel in the running because of the SA allegations. He later pinned a comment from himself saying that he was only guessing that’s why Nigel wasn’t in the running. Because he had insider info that the race was only between TJ and T-Funk, and given the footage Nigel released there was no other explanation as to why he wouldn’t be in the top two. He might have taken it down to edit that part out.

He got into pretty dicey territory at that part saying "where there's smoke there's fire" and insinuating he knew more about the allegations/other allegations. Saying things that could probably warrant legal action in certain places. It was off the cuff, and careless.

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 144
« Reply #1378 on: December 12, 2022, 03:10:47 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

This is what gifted said on Patreon
Had to take it down because it had the potential to get someone fired. So it will live here for now

my guess is it was gary rogers
« Last Edit: December 12, 2022, 03:18:43 PM by Abyss1 »

versacekid420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1225
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #1379 on: December 12, 2022, 03:12:51 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]
bet he’s never seen the Ian Reid video