Poll

Are you watching GiftedHater?

Yes
No
Yes & Patreon subscribed
Fuck no
Fred Gall

Author Topic: Thoughts on Gifted Hater?  (Read 407839 times)

liahoop9595 (+ 1 Hidden) and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

modern life is war

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -619
Re: Thoughts on Gifted Hater?
« Reply #2790 on: June 15, 2023, 10:33:53 PM »
That was the most entitled so-cal cool guy shit i've ever seen. Fucken hell. The way he just chuckled at all the tricks was so infuriating. I don't like Jamie Griffin's skating either but if I had GH's audience I would never use it to punch down on someone who as far as skateboarding goes is basically from a third world country. 'Omg he doesn't know anything about street skating...' yeah no shit cunt, that's what happens when you grow up in rural Ireland.

Joa, that was cruel. Karma will catch up to you for that one.
You’re a Florida native, aren’t you?

WhoCareZ

« Reply #2791 on: June 15, 2023, 10:56:20 PM »
Joa, that was cruel. Karma will catch up to you for that one.

switchfakie

« Reply #2792 on: June 15, 2023, 10:58:46 PM »
i did agree that the noseslide trick out combos were excessive and some of those ~6 stairs were way too short to be included in a street part

not sure how i feel about the review all together

pbj

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 24
« Reply #2793 on: June 16, 2023, 12:39:49 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
do yall think hockey backtracked out of their speculated deal with zumiez bc of bad reception from the slap threads and gifted hater video?

they actually responded to gifted hater calling them overplayed/uncool by throwing a jam at LA last year, so i think its plausible
[close]

lol for real? could you link that?
[close]

they didnt respond verbally, it was more of gifted hater generating some anti-FA heat and FA "randomly" had a jam they threw a couple weeks later

all speculation tho, tin foil slap hats

considering all the infrastructure needed to throw such an event (in Hollywood nonetheless), including ramps, the car, the space, in addition to getting support from adidas, its pretty fried to think that event was thrown together in a couple weeks in response to criticism from a YouTuber.

they threw a similar event at Tompkins, i'm sure Joa had to have been the motivation behind that one too

Jawn Gyatti

• Rep: 6
« Reply #2794 on: June 16, 2023, 08:00:27 AM »
Was the video exceptional? Not really.

Did the video deserve that amount of mockery from Joa? Not really.

I can understand constructive criticism, but most of what GH did in this video just seemed unnecessarily mean and bordered on bullying. No one is expecting you to be Ricky Glaser, but damn dude....

LebowskisRug

« Reply #2795 on: June 16, 2023, 08:04:58 AM »
GH is basically someone who likely got made fun of or bullied and now that he has "power" or just an audience he's turning into a version of his tormentor.

I like Jerry and his company, but it's sorta embarrassing to think that means also supporting this dude since he's one of their team riders. Just furthers his ego and the lie that he's actually saying anything that people aren't already saying off of YouTube.

It reminds me of The Big Lebowski and the "Am I right" scene. You're still an asshole.

backside_frontside

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -300
« Reply #2796 on: June 16, 2023, 08:19:11 AM »
What gets me about that Jamie Griffin video is he does that disingenuous thing when he claims he “actually really likes Jamie Griffin” but the subtext is that he only likes him to because hes good for content to mock for his patrons. Just say you think his shit is whack instead being all like: “but seriously guys I actually really like this dude’s skating he’s just a little cringe”.

Allen.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 728
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #2797 on: June 16, 2023, 08:24:24 AM »
Yeah you guys basically said exactly what I was thinking. There was some gross stuff in there but the argument of “he’s just skating flat ground!” When dudes skating over gaps larger than the Venice sand pits and nose sliding is…a bit weird.

Definitely some weird tricks in there but if done by the right person they would get a pass.
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 963
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #2798 on: June 16, 2023, 10:21:35 AM »
I like Jamie Griffin. I agree that the filming is total shit 60% of the time.

How you present Skating de Technica is important.
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

Democratic Republic Of Mongo

• Rep: 118
« Reply #2799 on: June 16, 2023, 10:42:09 AM »
I just let it be when it comes to skaters like Jamie Griffin or Jeffwon Song. Let the weirdos have their slice of the pie. I think there’s a skate genre for everyone at this point and I’m at peace wid it.

Newphone

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -513
« Reply #2800 on: June 16, 2023, 11:31:58 AM »
GH is basically someone who likely got made fun of or bullied and now that he has "power" or just an audience he's turning into a version of his tormentor.

I like Jerry and his company, but it's sorta embarrassing to think that means also supporting this dude since he's one of their team riders. Just furthers his ego and the lie that he's actually saying anything that people aren't already saying off of YouTube.

It reminds me of The Big Lebowski and the "Am I right" scene. You're still an asshole.

Jamie griffin was a conscientious objector

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 144
« Reply #2801 on: June 16, 2023, 11:57:25 AM »
I just let it be when it comes to skaters like Jamie Griffin or Jeffwon Song. Let the weirdos have their slice of the pie. I think there’s a skate genre for everyone at this point and I’m at peace wid it.

This is why I check into GH and Skateline too much shit gets put out these days and usually for me to (care) keep up with.  Honestly stopped listening to skateline, how old is this dude now and he still talks like he's fresh out of high school

WhoCareZ

« Reply #2802 on: June 16, 2023, 12:55:16 PM »

1 day 53k views on the reaction is almost caught up with the original upload's 58k views in 4 days

More people are watching the reaction than the actual part smh

Billy Bitchcakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 473
  • Q U I T E S T Y L I S H
« Reply #2803 on: June 16, 2023, 01:00:38 PM »
Feels like he's Flanderising himself a bit with this video. Pushing his opinions more to the extreme. Seems to be the inevitable outcome of streamers. As they get more popular they get more sure of themselves and lose that air of "in my opinion", the vibe just becomes "what I'm saying is correct"

Also while I do agree with the overall sentiment of JG having a seemingly low skate IQ when it comes to street, I think a lot of the blame for it coming across like that could be put on the editor. It came across like it was put together by someone who doesn't know much about skating. Weird trick order in places, some of it didn't need to be in there. And what was with the mega double slomo switch hard down like a 6 stair? Someone more clued in could've presented him as a much more legit street skater. But what can you expect from the people involved with Hop King
During sex to prevent myself from ejaculating I think about Osama Bin Laden running my dick through a sewing machine.

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3336
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #2804 on: June 16, 2023, 03:54:59 PM »
Jesus fucking Christ this thread is confusing when you're old.

But every time I read "GH" I think gloryhole and that gave me something to relate to in all of this.

swellbowed

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 506
  • ow
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2805 on: June 16, 2023, 04:18:19 PM »

But every time I read "GH" I think gloryhole and that gave me something to relate to in all of this.
lol - luv you @GAY

switchfakie

« Reply #2806 on: June 16, 2023, 09:34:05 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

1 day 53k views on the reaction is almost caught up with the original upload's 58k views in 4 days

More people are watching the reaction than the actual part smh

why is that a bad thing?

Crust

• Rep: 42
« Reply #2807 on: June 17, 2023, 02:11:36 AM »
Ranting about the doing things correctly then proceeds to use an English accent imitating an Irishman

Arto!Arto!WakeUp!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 185
« Reply #2808 on: June 17, 2023, 08:22:49 AM »
Ranting about the doing things correctly then proceeds to use an English accent imitating an Irishman

i wouldn't be hugely confident in him knowing/caring about other countries or the differences between them.

Kook Me Amadeus

« Reply #2809 on: June 17, 2023, 08:25:36 AM »
Who(CareZ)?

pedro_mayn

• Rep: 92
  • 1-800-PP-5-DOO-DOO
« Reply #2810 on: June 19, 2023, 02:29:16 AM »
Feels like he's Flanderising himself a bit with this video. Pushing his opinions more to the extreme. Seems to be the inevitable outcome of streamers. As they get more popular they get more sure of themselves and lose that air of "in my opinion", the vibe just becomes "what I'm saying is correct"

Also while I do agree with the overall sentiment of JG having a seemingly low skate IQ when it comes to street, I think a lot of the blame for it coming across like that could be put on the editor. It came across like it was put together by someone who doesn't know much about skating. Weird trick order in places, some of it didn't need to be in there. And what was with the mega double slomo switch hard down like a 6 stair? Someone more clued in could've presented him as a much more legit street skater. But what can you expect from the people involved with Hop King

This was more my qualm with the part overall, than the skating its self (we all know by now who Jamie is and what his skating is like). If someone decent edited this down and used the best clips, you'd have some what a concise part. His skating is not really my cuppa, but at least it'd be an easier viewing if it was condensed down.

i don’t think any of you are real, i think slap was invented by my mom to make me think people want to talk to me

switchfakie

« Reply #2811 on: June 19, 2023, 04:41:20 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

This was more my qualm with the part overall, than the skating its self (we all know by now who Jamie is and what his skating is like). If someone decent edited this down and used the best clips, you'd have some what a concise part. His skating is not really my cuppa, but at least it'd be an easier viewing if it was condensed down.

so many clip of him complaining about the noseslide, they def couldve cut it down

Yonnycage

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -86
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2812 on: June 19, 2023, 04:50:15 PM »
The quality of his skating overshadows his obvious indifference for the legendary shit that’s been filmed in old guy times imo. Dude is fucking good and has tasteful trick selection. Wish he would make a video of himself watching Mouse/Goldfish/Yeah Right/Sorry/The Storm preferably without using the term “wet” but you can’t control anyone. I fuck with the guy.

PalaceButtPlug

• Rep: -336
« Reply #2813 on: June 19, 2023, 05:07:19 PM »

It's all just old, wrong English to us. We don't differentiate. Boston accent is included innit?

TheDingus

« Reply #2814 on: June 19, 2023, 05:18:21 PM »
Wonder if people are still going to watch gifted hater after his voice changes. Puberty is gonna hit hard as hell.

Baglady

• Rep: -200
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #2815 on: June 19, 2023, 06:22:13 PM »

It’s confusing that most of slap is perched when vomiting “critique”, and when GH does it on camera he gets kooked.

Troubadour26

• Rep: 80
« Reply #2816 on: June 20, 2023, 01:29:54 AM »
Wonder if people are still going to watch gifted hater after his voice changes. Puberty is gonna hit hard as hell.

I’m impressed with his vocal qualities at his age as well.

Troubadour26

• Rep: 80
« Reply #2817 on: June 20, 2023, 01:31:51 AM »
Im sorry, but internet bullying was invented for things like 360° hardflips

GeorgeCostanza

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -18
« Reply #2818 on: June 20, 2023, 02:00:51 AM »
The quality of his skating overshadows his obvious indifference for the legendary shit that’s been filmed in old guy times imo. Dude is fucking good and has tasteful trick selection. Wish he would make a video of himself watching Mouse/Goldfish/Yeah Right/Sorry/The Storm preferably without using the term “wet” but you can’t control anyone. I fuck with the guy.

nah
So Colllin have the same t-shirts, seven years by now, at least...

WhoCareZ

« Reply #2819 on: June 20, 2023, 07:55:08 AM »
He’s really good at skateboarding. That long blunt slide to fakie manny flip out in his street part was no joke.

Makes me wonder how he’d be perceived by the community if he never talked

Prolly still would’ve found his way getting flow on a team considering he’s actually friends with people