Poll

Are you watching GiftedHater?

Yes
No
Yes & Patreon subscribed
Fuck no
Fred Gall

Author Topic: Thoughts on Gifted Hater?  (Read 407875 times)

swellbowed, Throwaway1 and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

Puddy Smally

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 168
Re: Thoughts on Gifted Hater?
« Reply #3000 on: July 11, 2023, 12:17:05 PM »
Does GH have more staying power than Weck?

GH makes me miss Weck, he was a more entertaining heel.
Do you get deja vu, huh?

shockpadsandwristguards

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -254
« Reply #3001 on: July 11, 2023, 01:30:59 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Trash talk only hurts when it’s true. GH saying that Neal showing up to a contest wearing a hot wheels jacket and scoring a zero is lame isn’t a mean jab, it’s just a fact.

GH gets a lot of followers because he’s good at what he does. He’s pretty fucking funny. And smart. Smart hurts. Someone is going to kick ass one day tho. People went after the Big Brother dudes. It’s a small community.
[close]

as i said he makes some good points and I do believe he is funny. But some of his points are pretty objective and also sometimes dumb and not true. he mixes it with truth and I hope people can still differentiate and not eat up everything he said as the only opinion someone who is a real skateboarder can have.
with a funny presentation you can make people believe the wildest things.
[close]

Huh?

im stupid
seen subjectively was what I was trying to say
its his opinion and doesnt always have to be the truth

WPG

• Rep: -4
« Reply #3002 on: July 11, 2023, 01:50:04 PM »
My friend commented "embarrassing" on Roberts most recent instgram with him biting the belt. After the comment got 10 likes overnight Robert deleted the comment, went onto the homies instagram page and commented "This is embarrassing 😂" on a photo from 2 years ago.

Major major poosay play
Muska, Chillin Chillin
Well I have like 9 Andy Anderson flight decks

mclovin1336

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 75
« Reply #3003 on: July 11, 2023, 01:55:48 PM »
Expand Quote
I feel like GH is gonna be looked at in 3 years how Black Ninja is looked at now
[close]

GH makes way more money than Ninja ever did though

what happened to ninja? what is he up to?

WavyDavy

• Rep: 128
« Reply #3004 on: July 11, 2023, 02:28:13 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I feel like GH is gonna be looked at in 3 years how Black Ninja is looked at now
[close]

[close]

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 144
« Reply #3005 on: July 11, 2023, 03:03:09 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

I didn't even know about this guy and some of those other channels.  interesting video on youtubers

GuessAgain?

• Rep: 56
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #3006 on: July 11, 2023, 03:11:48 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Yea I dunno, my response is seek some professional help if someone on the internet says something that makes you angry...even if its a putdown.    Imagine putting that much energy into going after someone with no real benefit other than clout chasing
[close]

If you talk shit on me and I get bent out of shape and go on a revenge mission, that's pathetic.
But if it's a kid who is in my scene and rolls in overlapping circles who I might actually run into someday...
Kind of a different story.
[close]

I guess it just easier to do the will smith /chris rock routine, not my thing but to each his own
[close]
What GH is doing isn't jokes, it's just straight up "this guy is lame as fuck" with no implication it's a joke and about people he's never even met.
[close]

I don’t think GH supporters would be so quick to defend him if they became one of his targets in front of a 100k audience
[close]

They literally send him their own clips to have him roast their skating.

And Robert Neal entered a competition for his skating to be Judged on television… where is the line drawn?

He poked fun at his jacket man, the dude has a clothing sponsor, he doesn’t even need to buy another one. It’s not that deep.

But yeah he wore a hotwheels jacket at a skate contest. Did he not realise people wear these kinds of things with a level of irony? Maybe his rage is misdirected and he’s just mega pissed at himself for thinking that shit was legitimately cool. If he knew it was ironic you’d think he couldn’t get that annoyed.

Puddy Smally

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3007 on: July 11, 2023, 03:38:57 PM »
I think we can all agree here, regardless of our feelings about GH’s video, RN is taking a big L here.

I can’t imagine getting so riled up about another dude critiquing my personal fashion. If you choose to “wear it”, and put it out in the world, you’re opening yourself up to criticism. If you are so concerned, or have the ability to be hurt by the way people perceive your look, maybe change your look, because clearly you aren’t cut out to back it up 100%.

I didn’t agree fully with GH’s video, and especially given that he is tasteless in his own personal fashion, but some of his critiques were observant and valid.
Do you get deja vu, huh?

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3336
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #3008 on: July 11, 2023, 03:56:14 PM »
I find it hilarious that someone would present themselves to the world like Mr. Neal has here and then act surprised that nearly everyone would mock the way they present themselves to the world. You're trying to look like an idiot and an asshole...don't be disingenuous and act put upon when literally every person with eyes, other than other sad wannabe "clout" chasers who think that wearing LV sunglasses makes you interesting, calls you out on it.

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 144
« Reply #3009 on: July 11, 2023, 05:15:47 PM »
I find it hilarious that someone would present themselves to the world like Mr. Neal has here and then act surprised that nearly everyone would mock the way they present themselves to the world. You're trying to look like an idiot and an asshole...don't be disingenuous and act put upon when literally every person with eyes, other than other sad wannabe "clout" chasers who think that wearing LV sunglasses makes you interesting, calls you out on it.

For all the hate Nigel gets on his fits, you never see him freak out about it, kinda respect that about him

Joey Fatone

• Rep: -14
« Reply #3010 on: July 11, 2023, 07:04:07 PM »
Does GH have more staying power than Weck?

GH makes me miss Weck, he was a more entertaining heel.

I loved weck, dude cracked me up. Perfect world we could have both gifted and weck peaking atm

-Joey

Hypnotoad

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 158
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #3011 on: July 12, 2023, 12:12:19 PM »
Dressing silly and setting funny trends is as old as skateboarding itself, but it is objectively true that gigantic, double layered, 100% cotton denim pants are going to hinder athletic performance.

“Do you think local Joe can tre flip in these pants?” Got me real good.

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3336
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #3012 on: July 12, 2023, 03:25:44 PM »
Dressing silly and setting funny trends is as old as skateboarding itself, but it is objectively true that gigantic, double layered, 100% cotton denim pants are going to hinder athletic performance.

“Do you think local Joe can tre flip in these pants?” Got me real good.

You're spot on. However, I find the whole skate x "high fashion" thing to be so embarrassing. It just has this, "See guys? We finally got accepted by the rich kids!" vibe that blows so badly while wrapped in some kind of, "we're wealthy so we're impervious to mockery" insecurity blanket while simultaneously being so thin skinned that if anyone objects then feelings are mad hurt.

shockpadsandwristguards

« Reply #3013 on: July 12, 2023, 03:43:56 PM »
you could argue that but Carlisle skates incredible in huge black pants with white stitching

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CulNEDWJNfD/

i dont think its really the clothing. its wanting to look cool which makes you extra nervous not to fall in front of an audience.
Antwon came, fell, cut his eyebrow and left like a man. a true warrior.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2023, 03:50:41 PM by shockpadsandwristguards »

Hypnotoad

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 158
« Reply #3014 on: July 12, 2023, 04:40:37 PM »
you could argue that but Carlisle skates incredible in huge black pants with white stitching

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CulNEDWJNfD/

i dont think its really the clothing. its wanting to look cool which makes you extra nervous not to fall in front of an audience.
Antwon came, fell, cut his eyebrow and left like a man. a true warrior.

Yes, but Carl has super human abilities, so he can sacrifice some mobility in the name of fashion.

I want to clear that I am fully in favor of dudes taking big swings with their fits.  I’m just way too old to break in 8 pounds of denim, and Joa made me laugh while he was talking about it.

switchfakie

« Reply #3015 on: July 12, 2023, 07:36:41 PM »
dont give a fuck what gh says, black pants with white stitching/contrast stitching are still sick asf bc the non skaters havent picked it up at mass

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 963
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #3016 on: July 13, 2023, 05:33:21 AM »
https://www.instagram.com/reel/CuovJTWNKj1/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

This Robbie video is way way cooler than anything GH has ever done
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

WavyDavy

• Rep: 128
« Reply #3017 on: July 13, 2023, 05:58:07 AM »
dont give a fuck what gh says, black pants with white stitching/contrast stitching are still sick asf bc the non skaters havent picked it up at mass

I see many non skater teenagers here wearing those because you get them at h&m/Bershka/Zara/urban outfitters

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -214
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #3018 on: July 13, 2023, 06:04:47 AM »
YouTube algorithm recommended a gh video to me, so I clicked on it to see what the hype was about.

I guess I see why younger skaters seem to like him, but I don’t know how anyone can sit through 25 minutes of that.

Dill thumbing through a Thrasher on Epicly Later’d was more entertaining. That’s right, Jason Dill talking was more entertaining.

Clyde Singleton will forever be the skate commentary 🐐.

Also, gh looks like he should be the mascot for Lindsey Robertson’s Bagels.
2022 Slap Fantasy Football Champion

WhoCareZ

« Reply #3019 on: July 13, 2023, 10:02:25 AM »
YouTube algorithm recommended a gh video to me, so I clicked on it to see what the hype was about.

I guess I see why younger skaters seem to like him, but I don’t know how anyone can sit through 25 minutes of that.

Dill thumbing through a Thrasher on Epicly Later’d was more entertaining. That’s right, Jason Dill talking was more entertaining.

I think GH is the best skate commentator in the streaming realm. No one else can keep a live audience as engaged in skate content right now.

Clyde Singleton is fun to listen to but millennials and zoomers can’t connect with his gen x/boomer era stories

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -214
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #3020 on: July 13, 2023, 10:11:06 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I think GH is the best skate commentator in the streaming realm. No one else can keep a live audience as engaged in skate content right now.

Clyde Singleton is fun to listen to but millennials and zoomers can’t connect with his gen x/boomer era stories

This is true.
2022 Slap Fantasy Football Champion

Pango

• Rep: -30
« Reply #3021 on: July 13, 2023, 12:02:07 PM »
https://www.instagram.com/reel/CuovJTWNKj1/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

This Robbie video is way way cooler than anything GH has ever done

his skits of playing tecmo bowl is so legendary, as a north shore guy too I will always back Robbie

swellbowed

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 506
  • ow
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #3022 on: July 13, 2023, 12:54:47 PM »

dr.prestige

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 327
  • rest in peace Loaf
« Reply #3023 on: July 13, 2023, 12:58:23 PM »

it's great to see people reposting bits of his streams without his permission again as even though he said he would he doesn't that much at all and that guy he "hired" to do it for him went afk

Op, you ok man? Being real here, you doin alright?

Puddy Smally

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3024 on: July 13, 2023, 01:10:51 PM »
Rad Rat was the greatest skate YouTuber of all time.
Do you get deja vu, huh?

fineslime

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 145
  • I cut my grip with Occam's razor
« Reply #3025 on: July 13, 2023, 01:19:23 PM »
Rad Rat was the greatest skate YouTuber of all time.

Is*

shockpadsandwristguards

« Reply #3026 on: July 13, 2023, 01:25:07 PM »
If Rad Rat has a million fans, then I am one of them.
If Rad Rat has ten fans, then I am one of them.
If Rad Rat has only one fan, then that is me.
If Rad Rat has no fans, then that means I am no longer on earth.
If the world is against Rad Rat, then I am against the world.

pbj

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 24
« Reply #3027 on: July 13, 2023, 03:33:47 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I see many non skater teenagers here wearing those because you get them at h&m/Bershka/Zara/urban outfitters

this, its definitely huge with the mall brands

No Wave Comply

• Rep: 134
  • Phantom of the Skatepark
« Reply #3028 on: July 13, 2023, 03:47:53 PM »

Something tells me you don't get out much. Zoomers are all about that Juggalo lookin' shit.
a grunt  a mudhog  a slimedog
a simple servant  a hired hand

“Come in here dear boy, have a gnar, you’re gonna go far!”

Coldpizza

• Rep: 166
« Reply #3029 on: July 13, 2023, 05:34:32 PM »

My favorite part was when dudes all blue outfit matched the all blue ledge he was skating 8)
¯\_(ツ)_/¯