Poll

Are you watching GiftedHater?

Yes
No
Yes & Patreon subscribed
Fuck no
Fred Gall

Author Topic: Thoughts on Gifted Hater?  (Read 407506 times)

Gray Imp Sausage Metal, Stu Pickles and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

Abyss1

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 144
Re: Thoughts on Gifted Hater?
« Reply #3570 on: December 12, 2023, 08:27:17 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I think what drew a lot of people to GH in the first place,  was that he wasn't just 'hating' for the sake of it, he was going after kooks and genuinely shitty people, like that Skate Mama and Scientologists. He critiqued shitty things in skating, it feels like going hard on Tom Knox's character is low hanging fruit. Edgelord behavior.
[close]

Wouldn’t making fun of obvious targets people already dislike such as Skate Mama and Scientologists be the real “low hanging fruit”?

Do people on this site know what words mean?
[close]

Honestly, I hate to admit it but sometimes I have to stop and think for a second when the affect/effect conundrum comes up.
Like, I can always use effect properly, but when it's affect's turn I always get a little nervous.
[close]

I got you, player <3

I sometimes get confused but since I make music and use effects, it helps me understand the correct context

Frank Sobotka

• Rep: 91
  • We used to make shit in this country, build shit
« Reply #3571 on: December 12, 2023, 10:54:12 AM »
Expand Quote
I think what drew a lot of people to GH in the first place,  was that he wasn't just 'hating' for the sake of it, he was going after kooks and genuinely shitty people, like that Skate Mama and Scientologists. He critiqued shitty things in skating, it feels like going hard on Tom Knox's character is low hanging fruit. Edgelord behavior.
[close]

Wouldn’t making fun of obvious targets people already dislike such as Skate Mama and Scientologists be the real “low hanging fruit”?

What I was alluding to was that going after a sound, inoffensive guy like Tom Knox, because he doesn't like his fits or whatever, instead of doing a bit of digging to find out who's doing shitty and/or kooky stuff in the industry, is lazy. The 'hater' aspect of his shtick was always about exposing dickheads.

Reading it back, I understand how it could have been taken out of context.

Puddy Smally

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 168
« Reply #3572 on: December 12, 2023, 11:07:15 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

What I was alluding to was that going after a sound, inoffensive guy like Tom Knox, because he doesn't like his fits or whatever, instead of doing a bit of digging to find out who's doing shitty and/or kooky stuff in the industry, is lazy. The 'hater' aspect of his shtick was always about exposing dickheads.

This is precisely what I was trying to convey. If the target is Tom or any similarly unassuming individual it feels catty and cheap.

It’s also kind of funny those going to bat for GH (which is substantially more cringy) are proclaiming those who try to make any point against him are acting similarly in regards to Mr. Knox. They also seem to want to be GH.

Is that their guy? Their mouthpiece? If so, go outside and find yourselves. Try to develope some semblance of an opinion that isn’t some social media personality telling you how to think.

Last post in this thread, because I’m not trying to rebuild ancient Sumeria here.
Do you get deja vu, huh?

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 864
  • like….? brunch
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #3573 on: December 12, 2023, 11:59:00 AM »
i remember the tyshawn picnic table saga
how can your take his opinion seriously
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

Shtonk

• Rep: -355
« Reply #3574 on: December 12, 2023, 12:11:07 PM »
i remember the tyshawn picnic table saga
how can your take his opinion seriously

He was right tho...

Shtonk

• Rep: -355
« Reply #3575 on: December 12, 2023, 12:12:17 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I thought that's what slap is for?

Frank Sobotka

• Rep: 91
  • We used to make shit in this country, build shit
« Reply #3576 on: December 12, 2023, 12:17:28 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

This is where 75% of his content comes from. Slap is the holy grail for any budding skate journalist

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1329
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #3577 on: December 12, 2023, 12:40:17 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Honestly, I hate to admit it but sometimes I have to stop and think for a second when the affect/effect conundrum comes up.
Like, I can always use effect properly, but when it's affect's turn I always get a little nervous.
[close]

basically effect is a noun and affect is a verb except for when effect is a verb and affect is a noun.
Were they effected? Dunno but they sure did act affected.

I only hate my landlord and that is definitely punching up.
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

MtnDoucheBag

• Rep: -99
« Reply #3578 on: December 12, 2023, 01:10:50 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

I got you, player <3
[close]

I sometimes get confused but since I make music and use effects, it helps me understand the correct context

Dude this is sick. Hell yeah.

dallou

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 163
    • Music avatar image
« Reply #3579 on: December 12, 2023, 01:13:39 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

This is where 75% of his content comes from. Slap is the holy grail for any budding skate journalist

Everyday is the watergate on slap
check my music

BurgerCop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -61
« Reply #3580 on: December 12, 2023, 01:29:37 PM »
"Most people understand what i'm trying to do"

Make money hand over fist for talking shit on people? I mean, that's really all it is.
It'd be one thing if he made it clever or funny like an actual roast, but he really doesn't, 90% of his schtick is just straight up snark and trash talk with no humor or punchline to be found aside from an occasional obnoxious meme flashing up on screen for a half second. But hey, a lot of people love that, obviously.

versacekid420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1226
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #3581 on: December 12, 2023, 04:48:54 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Make money hand over fist for talking shit on people? I mean, that's really all it is.
It'd be one thing if he made it clever or funny like an actual roast, but he really doesn't, 90% of his schtick is just straight up snark and trash talk with no humor or punchline to be found aside from an occasional obnoxious meme flashing up on screen for a half second. But hey, a lot of people love that, obviously.
say it with me “thoughts on gifted ______”

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3336
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #3582 on: December 12, 2023, 05:08:09 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

I got you, player <3
[close]

Just remember that you use effects to affect change on the sound, which effects the overall affect the music has on your heart.

easymoneysniper

• Rep: 43
« Reply #3583 on: December 12, 2023, 05:16:25 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
say it with me “thoughts on gifted ______”

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1582
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #3584 on: December 12, 2023, 05:18:50 PM »
Excited to see this thread eclipse Beatrice’s……in a good way…

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 962
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #3585 on: December 12, 2023, 05:44:22 PM »

The mama pants thing was fine. I don't hold scamming posers to get a Tesla against a kid.

Later on they will probably regret it. It took me forever to live down my youth choices.

Holding Knox to a professional standard is hardly character assassination.

The only negative character trait I can think of about Knox is he discredited Pennys contribution.

It's like no one picked that up.

Everyone skating in the post Penny world owes at least respect on a man who's done everything right.

Penny and crew popularized mid air bloard manipulation. They was definitely the kings of the big pants lil wheels look. Doing way better than the rest of the industry.
They cane here and shut it down.

Penny never has milked it.

Young Penny made fresh mofos look like bums. Death box was photographic af on mini ramps and bumps.
I never did the in style thing myself but I can recognize a g.

What I'm saying is Knox talks too. He's been in this his whole life. Nota new skater or a child . We're all the same. Fair game.
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 962
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #3586 on: December 12, 2023, 05:55:41 PM »
Knox didn't flip his board enough for Soty. He's not like in a Tfunk situation when Tfunk looked like no other soty picks.

He's up against other people who are in that same kinda discipline.

They killed him in the end.

Gotta vote switch. Switch is primary importance in Soty level shit

I watched the GH opinion and closer look I full agree. I'm proud that he cares about the intelligence of future kids watching his show.

I want the future of skate fans to be able to see what we're talking about.

It matters as much as recognizing Nigel Saudi run was just a giant footage dump. That's why I chose some Jesus music he was trying to give his skating some f****** soul
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

crescentfresh

• Rep: 48
« Reply #3587 on: December 12, 2023, 06:22:29 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

I got you, player <3
[close]

[close]

Just remember that you use effects to affect change on the sound, which effects the overall affect the music has on your heart.
this is perfect

HugeBodBoyle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 690
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #3588 on: December 12, 2023, 06:29:29 PM »
I'm gonna go ahead and say that I have watched about 2.5 Gifted Hater episodes (videos?) and he's not my favorite and if SOTY isn't Knox or Rizzo then I really don't care.

Tom does what he does with a bunch of kids and a wife that seem to really love him and that is great.

waffle

• Rep: 125
« Reply #3589 on: December 12, 2023, 06:36:57 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

I got you, player <3
[close]

[close]

[close]
this is perfect

That should be affects 

Steely Daniel

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 458
« Reply #3590 on: December 12, 2023, 07:30:07 PM »
It matters as much as recognizing Nigel Saudi run was just a giant footage dump. That's why I chose some Jesus music he was trying to give his skating some f****** soul

Is that how voice-to-text translates SOTY with a Boston accent?

JeffBadger

• Rep: 4
« Reply #3591 on: December 13, 2023, 01:09:06 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

I got you, player <3
[close]

[close]

[close]
this is perfect
[close]

That should be affects

It should be "Just remember that you use effects to effect change on the sound, which affects the overall effect the music has on your heart."

Arto!Arto!WakeUp!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 185
« Reply #3592 on: December 13, 2023, 01:52:35 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

I got you, player <3
[close]

[close]

[close]
this is perfect
[close]

That should be affects
[close]

It should be "Just remember that you use effects to effect change on the sound, which affects the overall effect the music has on your heart."

gnar'd for creating a burner account in the name of correct grammar. x

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 502
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #3593 on: December 13, 2023, 04:36:50 AM »

Make money for doing fuck all?

MtnDoucheBag

• Rep: -99
« Reply #3594 on: December 13, 2023, 05:08:39 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Well if this is what it is than I am not most people.

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3336
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #3595 on: December 13, 2023, 06:30:15 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

I got you, player <3
[close]

[close]

[close]
this is perfect
[close]

That should be affects

I knew I’d blow this attempt at sounding smart.

JM

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 222
  • sup dog
« Reply #3596 on: December 13, 2023, 02:17:20 PM »
Expand Quote
let's get some more big quote tunnels goin in here.
[close]

I agree I like it when quotes stack up like a monument to Amon Ra. Let’s do this.
This is the most beautiful thing I have ever seen on the internet post 1999.
Another brand new account coming in on some absolute fuck shit

mrselfdestruct

• Rep: 7
  • fresh
« Reply #3597 on: December 14, 2023, 11:27:34 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

kinda what everyone in entertainment does...
Mrs Elf is a pretty cool name.

And Mrs Elf destructing is even cooler.

arrbee

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 438
« Reply #3598 on: December 14, 2023, 11:33:38 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Not just entertainment. Thats my goal everyday at the office.
Quote from: DaveFuck
youre fucking FRIED if you think im gonna listen to dan corrigan talk about cariuma

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 502
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #3599 on: December 14, 2023, 04:59:02 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Hey, it's an admirable goal if you can pull it off.