Author Topic: What aspect of skating did you particularly enjoy today?  (Read 173263 times)

Cherb

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -19
Re: What aspect of skating did you particularly enjoy today?
« Reply #1080 on: April 03, 2017, 09:29:44 PM »
The part where I got to ride my skateboard was pretty lit today.

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #1081 on: April 04, 2017, 03:05:28 PM »
My entire body hurts. It's good to be back

Vitriol

• Rep: 36
« Reply #1082 on: April 04, 2017, 05:24:57 PM »
I exploded both my palms and got a swellbow but that's alright cause i got two free beers at the local pub after giving them an old board to paint on.

20matar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #1083 on: April 04, 2017, 05:37:25 PM »

Welcome back Tracer I missed you.

straight

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 989
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1084 on: April 04, 2017, 09:28:28 PM »

post a clip for once

ended up downtown for work so i took half hour to cruise around .. bombed some parking garages and rolled through some nice architecture
What kind of mikey taylor logic is this?

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 143
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #1085 on: April 04, 2017, 10:32:59 PM »
I changed jobs so I can now skate to work everyday, love the morning cruise

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Krooked antihero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 158
« Reply #1086 on: April 04, 2017, 10:36:56 PM »
I use to have this opportunity in my last job, nothing beats morning cruise you are always having a good start of day. I'm happy for you my man!
europe's like the capitol of england and france and whatever

It sucks getting old.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1087 on: April 04, 2017, 10:41:50 PM »
Quote from: Krooked antihero  link=topic=51056.msg2628268#msg2628268 date=1491370616
Expand Quote
[close]
I use to have this opportunity in my last job, nothing beats morning cruise you are always having a good start of day. I'm happy for you my man!
Cheers mate, it sure beats riding the bus/ wearing a suit. Now I just jump on my board and cruise down a nice little hill, a few pushes and some chill manuals and I'm at the office.

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #1088 on: April 05, 2017, 03:48:50 AM »
Quote from: Krooked antihero  link=topic=51056.msg2628268#msg2628268 date=1491370616
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
Cheers mate, it sure beats riding the bus/ wearing a suit. Now I just jump on my board and cruise down a nice little hill, a few pushes and some chill manuals and I'm at the office.
Glad you changed things up.

backinmyday

• Rep: 2
« Reply #1089 on: April 05, 2017, 10:41:01 AM »
I love that now when I skate it feels more comprehensible for some reason, and I'm satisfied with simpler stuff. When I stopped skating around 18, I really didn't have patience anymore to learn new things, I would try something 3 times and get bored, I stopped challenging myself to learn new tricks. Like I could ollie big set, do flat ground stuff, but I only had like 2 switch tricks, and I skated for years. Since I started again I'm having fun learning basic tricks I never learned like fs shoves and nose slides, which are simple stuff I never bothered with when I was younger.

But what I hate about skateboarding as an adult is actually how immature it is in some respects. Like when I hear guy's in their late 20's talking shit about the little little kids on bikes and scooters it shows how insecure they are. The other thing that I'm not hyped on anymore even though it's always been a thing, is people doing tricks or something that was really hard or took a long time, and when they finally land it they roll away, don't smile, don't say anything. They look at the ground, slowly roll away and act like it was no big deal, they do it all the time, even though they just spent 30 minutes freaking out trying to get it. I understand if you're filming for audio sake, but for me now, I'm yelling "Fuck yeah! Did you see that shit!"

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1090 on: April 05, 2017, 06:27:48 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]
Glad you changed things up.
Thanks, it was hard to leave the secure job and this shared office space is kind of a surreal experience but I know in the long run it will be better for my career/ my family. Actually heading to LA in May with this new company which I'm really looking forward to!

Betaphenylethylalamine

• Trade Count: (-2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -138
« Reply #1091 on: April 05, 2017, 07:19:21 PM »
Im injured, so honestly im just stoked talking to friends about skating and seeing their footy.

Also just cruising slap and Instagram. I'd much rather be healthy and skating, but it's rad to see a bunch of older doods just doing really basic tricks and being stoked.

Like the gnarly shit comes so fast now, I think im more stoked on a 40 year old 50-50ing a bench then Chris joslin or whomever bigflipping every set imaginable(which is still cool too)
Gentleman ninja warlock

ducky darnsworth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -113
  • personal text
« Reply #1092 on: April 05, 2017, 08:00:24 PM »
i landed a fully rotated backside heelflip into some grass with no primos, its fucking on

shark tits

« Reply #1093 on: April 05, 2017, 09:19:21 PM »
i found $2 skating the other night but tonight lurkers abound so i couldn't really get in my groove. did a really chauncy back tail on a curb, more like a stall and turned it to regular but i treated myself to gummi worms after because my blood sugar [sex magic] felt low. oh, i did sw 50-50 on curb too, been a while since i pulled that one out. yes, i reverted like a shitbird but that's how i do them. i wanna fakie flip out someday inspired by stanley spadowski.

Betaphenylethylalamine

• Trade Count: (-2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -138
« Reply #1094 on: April 05, 2017, 11:52:20 PM »
i found $2 skating the other night but tonight lurkers abound so i couldn't really get in my groove. did a really chauncy back tail on a curb, more like a stall and turned it to regular but i treated myself to gummi worms after because my blood sugar [sex magic] felt low. oh, i did sw 50-50 on curb too, been a while since i pulled that one out. yes, i reverted like a shitbird but that's how i do them. i wanna fakie flip out someday inspired by stanley spadowski.

Go get it man! Fakie flip out, for us mere mortals is rad as fuck.
Gentleman ninja warlock

Dos Mef

• Rep: 1
« Reply #1095 on: April 06, 2017, 02:24:21 AM »
I brought my board to work in my car because am planning on skating the park near my house on my way home this morning (I work overnights.) On my lunch break earlier I was skating in the parking lot and did a great feeling b/s halfcab first try? I'm not really very good these days after years off and recently getting back into it. Just tried it fucking around. Excited to take it to the park in a few hours when the sun is coming up.

smellsdead

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1270
« Reply #1096 on: April 06, 2017, 08:01:17 AM »
skated around last night and was able to shake a jake
tryna catch me ridin dirty

johnes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -238
« Reply #1097 on: April 06, 2017, 08:06:40 AM »
I got to work at 6:15 this morning and accidentally opened my truck when I parked so I pulled out my board and took a little cruise in the parking lot, it was a v nice way to start the day.
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

little ones

« Reply #1098 on: April 06, 2017, 05:09:43 PM »
Went to DIY spot and some X'rs showed up, niggas was lame, but theryre friends where doing burnouts all over the place in their explorer or whatever so I tried to record it but I forgot to push the button. 

And the qp there is wack, its more like a kicker, like 3.5 feet. Ima extend dat to like a 8 footer, get that lil shit outta here. But feels got to tire my body. Endorphin's get me higher than boofed heroin.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1583
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1099 on: April 06, 2017, 11:42:28 PM »
Ollieing boards.....

assholo

• Rep: 4
« Reply #1100 on: April 07, 2017, 10:35:32 AM »
Yesterday I fell at the skatepark after a rocket flip on a hip. A hefty swellbow ensued. The cute volunteer girl who works the bar there got an icepack for me. The enjoyment came when I woke up this morning not just one swollen body part.

johnes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -238
« Reply #1101 on: April 07, 2017, 10:27:55 PM »
I always warm up at my local park the exact same way with the first thing I try is a
Nollie pivot stall on a little bump to ledge. Today when I got to the park I did it 3 times in a row. Hadnt been able to do that lately.
Aspect enjoyed.
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 544
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #1102 on: April 08, 2017, 12:09:30 AM »
Skating from my favorite spot in the world after work to another spot, randomly found a barrier someone had added some tranny to in this train station parking lot, got smoked from how steep it is but i still had fun then bombed a back way hill to my final spot.

Mongoloid

« Reply #1103 on: April 08, 2017, 09:41:34 AM »
Just being able to get out there for the first time in about a month.

Breathing in that cool spring air was lovely, and I didn't manage to kill myself warming up.

Cherb

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -19
« Reply #1104 on: April 08, 2017, 11:14:46 AM »
I enjoyed watching this kid do a front side ollie transfer out of one of the bowls that I had never seen anybody try before. He landed low but it was fucking crazy. Super compact area to try and squeeze enough speed out of it.

shark tits

« Reply #1105 on: April 08, 2017, 04:23:30 PM »
my 15 yr old protege [ms13] and i went downtown. i showed him some of my old spots, skated a ledge for a while as he tried to show me a 360 flip [landed on several, rode away none]. i tried to show him another side of skating, ollieing 6 foot crosswalks. so we did that for a while and a guy driving goes 'dap my hand' so i high 5'd between 2 crosswalk ollies.
jumped down the first 5 i ever kickflipped and told him how i ate mushrooms, cut my dreads off and flipped the stairs in 96 or 97. he said 'people prolly think you're my dad' and that felt nice, taking my kid out skating. he's totally patterning himself offa me so he's got the same weaknesses like being better at fs ledge tricks than bs and bailing too many 360 flips vs just going fast and loose. we bombed some hills and got paid $10 to move a hot water heater w/ 2 peurto rican cats up a flight of stairs. holy shit, heavy metal!

RAPE HILLS

• Rep: -5
« Reply #1106 on: April 08, 2017, 06:56:20 PM »

shit_for_brains

« Reply #1107 on: April 09, 2017, 06:03:58 AM »
Fucked up my wrist yesterday and today it won't move so I'm not going skating. It'll be okay because I need my hands to work. Wait fuck

shark tits

« Reply #1108 on: April 09, 2017, 02:02:54 PM »
bombing the hill to cvs to get dandruff shampoo on my new board. there's a flat street and i ollie manholes, getting used to the bouncy feeling [wheels must be soft]. i look over my shoulder and a truck is headed my way but 100 yards back so i sneak an ollie over a last manhole in the main part of the road before retreating to the bike lane.
ol boy lays on the horn which makes me wanna stay in his lane but i pulled over w/ my finger up and i can hear the truck pulling next to me so i spit. as it passes me i see my spit split between his shotgun sitting wife and backseat sitting baby. dude has long hair shaved around teh sides and pulled up and some glasses. he prolly thought i was a kid from a distance or idk what but he didn't want it w/ me and i spit on his whole family.
i'd like to think i disabused him of the idea it's ok to honk unnecessarily. at the very least his gf thinks he's a pussy now and wonders 'who is that magic skateboarder who spit on my kid and i?' while she gets herself off and 4 eyes undercut sleeps on the couch.

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1485
  • Illusion Flip
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1109 on: April 09, 2017, 05:11:50 PM »
Made a couple of banked ramps about a foot tall each and my son was ready to barge. I'll be wall riding into my 50's.