Author Topic: oski medal madness  (Read 2330 times)

ejazzle

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 78
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: oski medal madness
« Reply #30 on: April 30, 2024, 12:57:19 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
He's moved from Malmo, Sweden to Austin, Texas and lists good food as one of the reasons? Is he OK can somebody check on him please? He looks perpetually uncomfortable in that clip. what the fuck is in Texas!? Haven't been to Austin but Houston is, at least from my European perspective, the worst city I have ever been. I'm not vegetarian, but the stuff they serve out there almost made me.
[close]

How are you from the EU and have no clue how terrible of a place Malmo is to live? Its one of the most dangerous cities in the EU. Place is a warzone with gangs and violence. In Austin he'll be surrounded by college kids and hipsters. Stark contrast from Malmo.
[close]

Just in case anyone's wondering: he's joking. Texas is the place where they're censoring school books and openly carry guns around. Great cuisine tho I'm sure...

Austin is not the entire state of texas. Either you're 12 or you're reallllly really stupid, genuinely. 71% of the population in austin votes democratic (left), they have voted democrat in the last 5 elections. https://www.bestplaces.net/voting/city/texas/austin Tons of tech companies are moving from california to Austin and its only getting more liberal.

Mr.Jenkins

• Rep: 159
« Reply #31 on: April 30, 2024, 01:11:12 PM »
how is this even a discussion

oski likes to skate, there's less places to skate in the winter in malmo
why bother speculating why he chose austin, why does anyone choose anywhere to live? often it's because we have friends or an existing network there

if you're citing cuisine as a reason not to make this move, you clearly haven't spent much time in sweden

They do have one of the best skateparks on the world though and close to Copenhagens great skatepark as well 

Shtonk

• Rep: -352
« Reply #32 on: April 30, 2024, 03:37:16 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
He's moved from Malmo, Sweden to Austin, Texas and lists good food as one of the reasons? Is he OK can somebody check on him please? He looks perpetually uncomfortable in that clip. what the fuck is in Texas!? Haven't been to Austin but Houston is, at least from my European perspective, the worst city I have ever been. I'm not vegetarian, but the stuff they serve out there almost made me.
[close]

How are you from the EU and have no clue how terrible of a place Malmo is to live? Its one of the most dangerous cities in the EU. Place is a warzone with gangs and violence. In Austin he'll be surrounded by college kids and hipsters. Stark contrast from Malmo.
[close]

Just in case anyone's wondering: he's joking. Texas is the place where they're censoring school books and openly carry guns around. Great cuisine tho I'm sure...
[close]

Austin is not the entire state of texas. Either you're 12 or you're reallllly really stupid, genuinely. 71% of the population in austin votes democratic (left), they have voted democrat in the last 5 elections. https://www.bestplaces.net/voting/city/texas/austin Tons of tech companies are moving from california to Austin and its only getting more liberal.

calling me reallllly stupid while equating US Democrats with the left. Suurrrre brrrreeehhh. You WERE joking about Malmö, weren't you?

Monolithic Flick

• Rep: 3
« Reply #33 on: April 30, 2024, 04:02:53 PM »
ok guys, let's leave the food discussion aside (although I stand by my opinion that charcoaling pre-cooked greasy meat drowned in marinade is the zombie version of barbecue). Would also love to know how Houston is more culturally diverse than LA or NY?

But really, what would make you move to Texas from Sweden as a professional skateboarder? He's a bowl-guy, why doesn't he go to Oregon? He loves basketball, why isn't he in Cali or New York? Do the rest of you really not find this curious at all? Who was the last pro skater who moved to Austin? Is his girl there maybe? A Nike factory / training facility? Lurpiv?

I left Austin for Oregon a few years back but it had nothing to do with skating.  If skating was the most important thing in my life I would have stayed there.  Way more months out of the year where you could skate (provided you don't die from heat exhaustion).  And as costly as Austin is, it isn't quite Cali or NYC costly. 

Edit:  Also, in my experience people who lived most of their lives in colder climates tend to not be bothered at all that much by the Texas heat.  Including some folks from Sweden I knew.

OMSK

• Rep: 39
« Reply #34 on: April 30, 2024, 05:26:15 PM »
Why doesn't he go to Oregon?

Because the weather in Oregon sucks most of the year (wet and chilly) and all the parks with bowls are not covered and not lit. Sure he could skate the Nike warehouse, but if it were me, I'd live in Austin over Portland (or Oregon) any day.

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 260
« Reply #35 on: April 30, 2024, 05:34:25 PM »
It’s taxes and cost of living.   Its why pro athletes usually have their base of operations in TX or FL

Dog the Bounty Hunter

• Rep: 1
« Reply #36 on: May 01, 2024, 03:09:46 PM »
I knew someone would lose their mind over how a European pro would move to the state where everyone is high on crystal meth, wearing confederate flag camo jump suits, banging their sisters, and listening to Joe Rogan podcast audio remixed to David Allen Coe instrumentals BBQing gigantic carcasses not made of responsibly manufactured Beyond Meat.

Stop watching the news
Icehead

Shtonk

• Rep: -352
« Reply #37 on: May 01, 2024, 04:18:09 PM »
Mad how many of you are repping a state that is censoring its children's history books. "So far everything's fine".

gub

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 223
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #38 on: May 01, 2024, 05:12:48 PM »

lilboosie

• Rep: 227
« Reply #39 on: May 01, 2024, 05:14:43 PM »
Watches one episode of king of the hill