Author Topic: RIP P-Stone  (Read 99892 times)

Skate Goat

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 2
Re: RIP P-Stone
« Reply #120 on: August 31, 2017, 11:36:36 PM »
Agreed that Thrasher should put all the Bru Ray edits together as a DVD (as well as all the other videos P-Stone has done) and give all the proceeds to his family.

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #121 on: August 31, 2017, 11:41:42 PM »
Agreed that Thrasher should put all the Bru Ray edits together as a DVD (as well as all the other videos P-Stone has done) and give all the proceeds to his family.
I am sure we will see a bunch of things done to help his family. The DVD is a great idea. I'd also fully expect an Anti-Hero board issue and a gofundme. Maybe do an auction with signed boards by his friends and auction them off or sell them. Jim T really is about helping people out, as seen by previous things he has done.

I hope his wife has a very strong support network. That will be needed in a time like this.

Burt Ward

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 522
« Reply #122 on: August 31, 2017, 11:49:08 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I was never a fan of P-stone's filming but his run and gun approach was respectable and people enjoyed it so as a fellow filmer my opinion doesn't really mean shit.

I feel some of the shit that went down when he was behind the camera should have been documented better. I'll catch heat but w/e.

On a positive note he was obviously a moral boost for everyone on said trip / filming mission. A person that can provoke people to produce is very beneficial. This whole situation is so fucked and will definitely shake up the industry.

I'm curious to see how this plays out with punishment / time served since CK's family is obviously well off. Isn't he a descendent of JFK?

CK puts off the vibe that he can do what ever he wants due to his skill / image. I.E. riding AntiHero boards blatantly in front of Rick and Mike.
Everyone here knows the code and this is concerning (you should respect your boss). It's rich kid behavior. IMHO he needs a taste of the real world, but we can't place blame until he goes to trial.

Below is a screen shot to verify.

http://imgur.com/a/xH5pT
[close]

Hardy the forum to criticise his filming.

RIP.
Cory's life will be in ruins. The whole thing's tragic, awful and FUCKED.
[close]

If you have anything constructive to add please share.

Well I wasn't exactly �shitting on you, just saying I don't think this is place. �It seems like you really want set him constructive though so here. Someone has just died. �Someone who brought great joy to many. Emphasise the positive .
Now, we used to say we put on our tights to put on the world. So I don't think it tarnishes the image at all.

CHONGO

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 26
    • tumblr avatar image
« Reply #123 on: August 31, 2017, 11:49:26 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
First, I can't understate my feelings for P stone's family.Also i loved him/his work etc..
 I feel so bad for CORY, people will hate, but he accidentally killed one of his best friends, it will kill him inside for a long time if not forever. The spark he had in his eye may never comeback, look at Boulala he never got that light back. Cory will probably want to spend every day possible in that prison. I feel horrible for him. P Stone loved Cory and would be bummed at everyone hating on Cory. They were partying together and this tragedy happened. P Stone would want us all to support Cory through his horrible journey he will have to make.
 In one recent Thrasher Cory said to Phelper something like "all my friends are dead or in jail" I know Cory was self medicating through lots of internal sadness just based of that quote.
 I wish we could give P Stone back to his family and to all of skateboarding, but it can't be so. I wish we could give Cory back to skateboarding and back to his happy ways, but I fear it won't be. I feel for Grant and Da'an and a few others who were so close to Preston and who looked up to him in a father figure type way. Those that know those guys should keep a watchful eye on them and their consumption in the coming months we don't want to loose more people, Preston would be crushed, he had such a love for all those guys and for all of the skateboarding audience and foremost his family. Great guy, his great laugh or chuckle during filming comes to mind over and over. I will miss Re_Brew episodes so much, Thrasher should compile them all onto hard copies, that would be a treasure and permanent memorial for him to be remembered.
 �RIP Preston
 RIP
[close]

I forgot about that. That was in the last issue. Such a dark heavy quote. Poor dude's probably feeling suicidal right now. Whole thing is so fucked.
[close]

I do not agree. His families lawyers will go to bat for him. CK1 is very privileged. This stunt will be a huge wake up call for him.

calling it a "stunt" is not right.

CHONGO

• SLAP Pal
    • tumblr avatar image
« Reply #124 on: August 31, 2017, 11:50:44 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
I am sure we will see a bunch of things done to help his family. The DVD is a great idea. I'd also fully expect an Anti-Hero board issue and a gofundme. Maybe do an auction with signed boards by his friends and auction them off or sell them. Jim T really is about helping people out, as seen by previous things he has done.

I hope his wife has a very strong support network. That will be needed in a time like this.

couldn't have said it any better

smokecrack

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -160
« Reply #125 on: August 31, 2017, 11:51:06 PM »
This was one of my favorite Bru-Ray/Cory Kennedy edits.

Bru-Ray's "Best of Cory Kennedy" Re-Bru

Rest In Peace, P-stone.

Such a heartbreaking story.

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #126 on: August 31, 2017, 11:54:46 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
First, I can't understate my feelings for P stone's family.Also i loved him/his work etc..
 I feel so bad for CORY, people will hate, but he accidentally killed one of his best friends, it will kill him inside for a long time if not forever. The spark he had in his eye may never comeback, look at Boulala he never got that light back. Cory will probably want to spend every day possible in that prison. I feel horrible for him. P Stone loved Cory and would be bummed at everyone hating on Cory. They were partying together and this tragedy happened. P Stone would want us all to support Cory through his horrible journey he will have to make.
 In one recent Thrasher Cory said to Phelper something like "all my friends are dead or in jail" I know Cory was self medicating through lots of internal sadness just based of that quote.
 I wish we could give P Stone back to his family and to all of skateboarding, but it can't be so. I wish we could give Cory back to skateboarding and back to his happy ways, but I fear it won't be. I feel for Grant and Da'an and a few others who were so close to Preston and who looked up to him in a father figure type way. Those that know those guys should keep a watchful eye on them and their consumption in the coming months we don't want to loose more people, Preston would be crushed, he had such a love for all those guys and for all of the skateboarding audience and foremost his family. Great guy, his great laugh or chuckle during filming comes to mind over and over. I will miss Re_Brew episodes so much, Thrasher should compile them all onto hard copies, that would be a treasure and permanent memorial for him to be remembered.
 �RIP Preston
 RIP
[close]

I forgot about that. That was in the last issue. Such a dark heavy quote. Poor dude's probably feeling suicidal right now. Whole thing is so fucked.
[close]

I do not agree. His families lawyers will go to bat for him. CK1 is very privileged. This stunt will be a huge wake up call for him.
[close]
He's facing a minimum of 6 and 1/2 years, which maybe with good behavior gets him out in 2 and a 1/8th. Who knows what he can plead down to, but if his blood tested above the limit or for other substances, he's probably fucked. This will probably ruin his life and career. It is a fair consequence for his actions, but I don't think it's right to rag on him just because he grew up wealthy. People of all walks of life make this stupid mistake. Whether it is from a culture of entitlement, rooted in substance abuse issues probably isn't fair to speculate at this time. All 99% of this forum know about him are his interviews, footage and maybe a small interaction at a demo or something.

No matter how good his lawyers are, unless they find some loophole that will get blood evidence thrown out, he is probably fucked.
[close]

Any family with money to blow is going to spend it to cover their ass. This is going to end up hairy.
That speaks to the imbalance of the United States judicial system in regards to how rich defendants are treated. Anybody with money would get the best defense team possible. But, that doesn't make Cory feel any less terrible or a reason to lack empathy for someone who made a terrible mistake. Whether he was rich or poor, he still is probably suicidal right now, and will need a lot of emotional and psychological support to get over this unless he is a sociopath.

His family's economic situation or the boards he chose to ride really make no difference to his current emotional state or whether he is worthy of empathy. He will most likely go to jail, which is a fair punishment for his actions. He may also be sued for his culpability in this, which is also a fair action to be taken by a woman who lost her husband with 2 kids to raise due to Cory's irresponsibility.

I had a friend who was well off and killed another one of our friends in a car accident due to reckless driving (no DUI though) and was charged with vehicular manslaughter. He was a minor and was able to plead out and avoid jail time. It has still left him with demons he is facing 12 years later and has caused him many other problems (substance abuse, etc) due to the guilt. Maybe seeing this happen first hand has given me more sympathy and understanding. But, Cory has a lot of shit on his plate, and while having good lawyers may help him, his life is permanently scarred.

colt cannon lunchbox

• Rep: -92
« Reply #127 on: September 01, 2017, 12:12:54 AM »
Expand Quote
Huge loss for skating. RIP P Stone. Skating has a drinking problem and it really needs addressed  :(
[close]

Humanity has a substance problem. It's not like skating is any different than any other group of people.

I would love for Jenkem to do an article on alcoholism in skating. That guy that rides for lotties and lakai got kooked off passport for not drinking? We need more Neen/Reynolds less Dollin in skateboarding. Everyone wants to be seen drinking beers at the spot or park but no one besides maybe spencer hamilton has truly spoken about how detrimental drinking can be to their lives and skating.

R.I.P. P STONE.

Paletta

• Rep: -17
« Reply #128 on: September 01, 2017, 12:16:52 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Huge loss for skating. RIP P Stone. Skating has a drinking problem and it really needs addressed  :(
[close]

Humanity has a substance problem. It's not like skating is any different than any other group of people.
[close]

I would love for Jenkem to do an article on alcoholism in skating. That guy that rides for lotties and lakai got kooked off passport for not drinking? We need more Neen/Reynolds less Dollin in skateboarding. Everyone wants to be seen drinking beers at the spot or park but no one besides maybe spencer hamilton has truly spoken about how detrimental drinking can be to their lives and skating.

R.I.P. P STONE.

Who??

LOU.502

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 82
  • rawr
« Reply #129 on: September 01, 2017, 12:17:47 AM »
This is horrible. Fuck. In January 2013 my cousin was killed because she was the passenger of a drunk and needlessly reckless driver who was into some racing shit, trying to show off for her, 125 mph on some winding KY back roads,etc.. they literally floated up into a fucking tree, she essentially vaporized, he became a quardraplegic, and is doing the prison thing. I hate every bit of this story, everyone loses. RIP P STONE. Cory is most likely in actual hell right now. I wish I felt bad for him, but I don't.

im probably lying

somethingmustbreaknow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 495
« Reply #130 on: September 01, 2017, 12:18:07 AM »

RIP P-Stone.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2017, 12:19:49 AM by somethingmustbreaknow »

LOU.502

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 82
  • rawr
« Reply #131 on: September 01, 2017, 12:20:53 AM »

im probably lying

colt cannon lunchbox

• Rep: -92
« Reply #132 on: September 01, 2017, 12:22:02 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

R.I.P. P STONE.
[close]

Who??

Dane Barker I just googled it. He put out an AMAZING part earlier this year.

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1362
« Reply #133 on: September 01, 2017, 12:48:04 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

R.I.P. P STONE.
[close]

Who??
[close]

Dane Barker I just googled it. He put out an AMAZING part earlier this year.
Where'd you read that?

figureitout

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -139
« Reply #134 on: September 01, 2017, 12:50:00 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Condolences to his poor family. Dude seemed like a great person.
[close]
[close]
heavy shit ... RIP

Can you please change your sig so we don't have to constantly read that lynch Spenny nonsense. They are horrific shoes to begin with.

Rip to an amazing artist, Father, Husband, Nature Lover, Grill God.

metsuri

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 32
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #135 on: September 01, 2017, 12:51:16 AM »
RIP This whole thing is so incredibly sad.

mareo

• Rep: -342
« Reply #136 on: September 01, 2017, 12:52:30 AM »
people are such fucking idiots. how many of us have driven intoxicated at least once in our lives? i think most people that drink have driven drunk.

Not me you drunktard. It seems like you're the idiot here.

Quote from: I sniff my own butthole all the time
2nd vote would be for PJ. sometimes it is a fine command of the english language to say nothing and he extended that to skating. PJ's plan B part is the emperor's new clothes.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 141
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #137 on: September 01, 2017, 12:58:16 AM »
Can you please change your sig so we don't have to constantly read that lynch Spenny nonsense. They are horrific shoes to begin with.
out of all the sigs on SLAP, you're going to come at me in this thread about mine? really?

(if you're down to discuss this, please PM me or start another thread ... show some respect ffs)
« Last Edit: September 01, 2017, 01:10:20 AM by Gay Imp Sausage Metal »

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

CHONGO

• SLAP Pal
    • tumblr avatar image
« Reply #138 on: September 01, 2017, 01:00:35 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

R.I.P. P STONE.
[close]

Who??
not 100% sure but I think your talking about  Dane Barker?  Don't wanna be starting some shit

Toadfish Rebecchi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -45
« Reply #139 on: September 01, 2017, 01:09:16 AM »
Dane Barker wasn't kicked off Passport - he quit really quickly after getting on to ride for someone else. That he got kicked off for not drinking is 100% bullshit.

But RIP P-Stone
[http://distilleryimage1.s3.amazonaws.com/ea8128aa83b711e383dc1219137b9e09_8.jpg]

Andrefosho

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 147
« Reply #140 on: September 01, 2017, 01:10:21 AM »
I feel very sad for all involved parties. RIP P-Stone.

I have zero tolerance towards drunk driving, it's a guarantee for something bad to happen. It's a chain of bad decisions that lead to this terrible accident. Whatever legal charges Cory is facing, he already got the ultimate punishment of losing his friend. I feel terrible for him.

Alcohol is a terrible poison.

REGS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 110
« Reply #141 on: September 01, 2017, 01:16:48 AM »
Dane Barker absolutely didn't get kooked off Passport for not drinking. He chose to skate for Doom Sayers because he's tight with Omar and Passport was bummed but understood. Callum Paul, who is an absolute dropkick, made a stupid comment about Dane not fitting on an Aussie team anyway because he doesn't drink beer, probably completely in jest but mentioned by Dane in an interview and misunderstood, kicking off a bunch of shit talk.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2017, 01:19:11 AM by REGS »

CHONGO

• SLAP Pal
    • tumblr avatar image
« Reply #142 on: September 01, 2017, 01:21:20 AM »
Dane Barker wasn't kicked off Passport - he quit really quickly after getting on to ride for someone else. That he got kicked off for not drinking is 100% bullshit.

But RIP P-Stone

Yea in that interview he said he left. I was going to say he never got "kicked"

violentpizza

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -69
  • pregnant pussy
« Reply #143 on: September 01, 2017, 01:21:49 AM »
P Stone was very nice and gracious and he will be missed

Don't drink and drive. Ever.  It's not worth it. No one is 'good' at it. Just don't do it. How many times does someone have to die for the lesson to sink in? We have cabs, Uber, Lyft, there is no reason to drink and drive

mick1shrdn

« Reply #144 on: September 01, 2017, 01:22:46 AM »
how many of us have driven intoxicated at least once in our lives? i think most people that drink have driven drunk.

So many people I know (including myself) drink and don't drive. It's common sense, and has also become seriously frowned upon where I'm from.

figureitout

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -139
« Reply #145 on: September 01, 2017, 01:57:33 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
out of all the sigs on SLAP, you're going to come at me in this thread about mine? really?

(if you're down to discuss this, please PM me or start another thread ... show some respect ffs)

hahaha says the guy hashtagging to lynch my friend.

Fecal Fury

• Rep: 60
  • 1800-18-18-18
« Reply #146 on: September 01, 2017, 02:01:53 AM »
P-Stone's laugh was so incredibly infectious, and he has been responsible for capturing some of the most fucked up skating over the years.

I have long heralded Bru-Ray as being Thrasher's greatest video series, and it's really bumming me out to realise that we'll no longer get any more of them.

Your contributions to Skateboarding were worth two lifetimes P-Stone. I loved everything you put out and will sorely miss your presence in my feed. 🍺

Garth Marenghi

« Reply #147 on: September 01, 2017, 02:10:38 AM »
R.I.P.

violentpizza

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -69
  • pregnant pussy
« Reply #148 on: September 01, 2017, 02:21:55 AM »
Expand Quote
how many of us have driven intoxicated at least once in our lives? i think most people that drink have driven drunk.

[close]

What's your point? Most of us have drank soda before. Most of us have done coke before. What are you trying g to say?

shouldn't

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 77
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #149 on: September 01, 2017, 02:28:43 AM »
Expand Quote
people are such fucking idiots. how many of us have driven intoxicated at least once in our lives? i think most people that drink have driven drunk.
[close]

Not me you drunktard. It seems like you're the idiot here.
well then, excuse me. as i said before.. i'm not making light of the situation or drunk driving. i'm only saying that it's something that i have regrettably done in the past. sometimes you just get stuck in that situation where you make a bad decision. it seems like that's what happened here. maybe these guys weren't even hammered? the legal limit is .08 it only takes maybe 3 drinks to blow over the limit. regardless if cory was hammered or if he was slightly buzzed, he gets the same sentence and the same amount of hate from the public. shit, a deer could have ran in the middle of his lane and made him swerve off the road, nobody saw the wreck or knows or has even spoken on it yet as far as we know? all we've heard is that a lady heard it from inside her house. and everyone may say it's irrelevant but once again, there's no one to blame. it's a bunch of friends having a night out drinking and having fun together and it ended tragically. it reminds us all and reopens our eyes to the danger in drunk driving and how horrible it can be. all i meant was people shouldn't be so hard on this dude for making a bad choice. it could have been the other way around. like i said, what if pstone was too drunk and told cory to drive? what if the situation was reverse and pstone had drove and wrecked and killed cory? what it comes down to is these dudes were homies and they made a choice to go out together and get drunk and let one of them drive home and the one they chose and trusted to drive ended up wrecking. it's the worst thing ever but it's all of their faults mutually if anything and not just one dudes fault for fucking up. it's just a tragic event all around. everyone hated ali forever until they saw the fucking epicly laterd and felt bad. well, learn from that and realize that accidents happen. it doesn't excuse it or make it okay, but he shouldn't be shamed for being involved in a group accident. he will already live the rest of his life in shame, guilt and sorrow. do you see a guy like cory kennedy doing very well in a federal state prison...? give him a break.

R.I.P. P STONE

imagine fucking the dog shit outta chris roberts