Author Topic: RIP P-Stone  (Read 99894 times)

KoRnholio8

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1509
  • SkateMagArchive
    • SkateMagArchive avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: RIP P-Stone
« Reply #150 on: September 01, 2017, 02:36:51 AM »
Blame Cory all you will, he's learning a tough lesson either way. Time for others to learn theirs - dude was piling out and Slap claimed it was the improved CK1 or something. Marketable clown and this happens.

Make skateboarding your drug of choice and leave booze to the less fortunate. RIP P-Stone

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 141
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #151 on: September 01, 2017, 02:48:46 AM »
hahaha says the guy hashtagging to lynch my friend.
despite your username, you obviously haven't "figured out" the concept of irony, satire or any other such techniques frequently employed in comedy, nor do you know the backstory behind said hashtag. I'm actually a massive fan of Spencer and his beliefs (not to mention his skating too)!
I suggest you focus your account now before you really get your knickers in a knot when you read some of the shit people say on here.
You are the one actually picking beef in a thread about someone who recently passed away instead of paying your condolences when you could have easily: a) started your own thread about it OR b) messaged me personally about it mr. "hey-look-guys-I-know-a-famous-pro-skater"
If you do neither a) nor b) this is the last you'll hear from me on the subject.
Now either pay your respects to this legend or GFO!
Again, RIP P-Stone, I can't imagine what his friends/ family must currently be going through
« Last Edit: September 01, 2017, 03:32:14 AM by Gay Imp Sausage Metal »

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

essal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 80
« Reply #152 on: September 01, 2017, 02:56:07 AM »
If you drink and drive then fucking quick drinking. There is no excuse to drink and drive. Leave your fucking car at home if you're going to drink. I'm 100% regular and out of control when I drink, but I don't go near a driver seat.

Fucking bullshit. You'd think skateboarders learned this with Shane and Ali. Now we have to relearn it with P-Stone and CK1.

hufs calve muscles

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 47
« Reply #153 on: September 01, 2017, 03:11:35 AM »
this could of happened to 90% on here. So many people drink drive. Every day. Plus driving stoned.

RIP to Preston.

asakusa75

mareo

• Rep: -342
« Reply #155 on: September 01, 2017, 03:13:53 AM »
all we've heard is that a lady heard it from inside her house. and everyone may say it's irrelevant but once again, there's no one to blame.

You go and tell that to Preston's wife and children, and the judge.

Quote from: I sniff my own butthole all the time
2nd vote would be for PJ. sometimes it is a fine command of the english language to say nothing and he extended that to skating. PJ's plan B part is the emperor's new clothes.

mareo

• Rep: -342
« Reply #156 on: September 01, 2017, 03:16:49 AM »
this could of happened to 90% on here. So many people drink drive. Every day. Plus driving stoned.

RIP to Preston.

First of all, that's not true. 90% of people here don't drink and drive.

Second of all, What are you trying to say with that? That because you say it's so common Cory should walk free? or are you going the other way and trying to get us not to drink/smoke and drive?

Quote from: I sniff my own butthole all the time
2nd vote would be for PJ. sometimes it is a fine command of the english language to say nothing and he extended that to skating. PJ's plan B part is the emperor's new clothes.

lalala

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 13
« Reply #157 on: September 01, 2017, 03:43:50 AM »
RIP P-Stone, and I hope Cory can get his life back together soon. I can't even beging to imagine what he's going through.

gripping the dick like a church girl giving her first hand job
head of the dick gonna be purple like my uncles face when he hung himself

Hercules Rockefeller

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -13
  • i`m a double-bacon-genius-burger.
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #158 on: September 01, 2017, 03:44:36 AM »
no matter how it happened or why, but this shouldnt be something that you have to tell people:

when I drink I don't go near a driver seat.

you fall down drunk, you get hurt. you drive a car being drunk: somebody else is gonna pay for it.
dont be idiots.

rip p-stone.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2017, 03:47:14 AM by Hercules Rockefeller »

Mark Renton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 288
  • Choose life.
« Reply #159 on: September 01, 2017, 03:47:01 AM »
Can't believe this  :(
video tape yourself saving monks. dont just do it. make sure its caught on film.

Big Baby Jesus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 264
    • Suciu avatar image
« Reply #160 on: September 01, 2017, 03:48:38 AM »
This is really sad, really hard to wake up to on and then get going with your day. I don't know these people but I think we see so much of them and are so familiar it's like you do know them. Will miss p stone and feel terrible for Cory. As stated he will never be the same again. He already seemingly lost his smile, now this too. Feel awful for all parties involved and for the loss of the skateboard community. Even if you're not religious say a pray for their family and friends.

RIP p stone. You will be missed.
flat spotted 3 times in 2 weeks, other than that awesome wheels

Baby is gonna be raised by Max and Cyrus

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #161 on: September 01, 2017, 04:12:52 AM »
I'll suspend judgment until the dust settles and the rest of the story is told. Remember pals, friends don't let friends drive drunk.

RIP P Stone. You will be missed.

concerned_parent

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
« Reply #162 on: September 01, 2017, 04:27:54 AM »
this sucks.

RIP P-stone.
good come sausage

MyUserName

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 177
« Reply #163 on: September 01, 2017, 04:46:44 AM »
Are people on here really defending drinking and driving?

colt cannon lunchbox

• Rep: -92
« Reply #164 on: September 01, 2017, 05:06:17 AM »

Post Modern

• Rep: -4
  • Nothing is original.
« Reply #165 on: September 01, 2017, 05:10:49 AM »
Dont drive drunk, it's that simple. RIP P-Stone.

Cory is a rich ass white dude with a rich ass white family so I doubt he will be in prison long. Its a struggle to be sympathetic to such foolishness when I know he's going to have it better than most people.
Tolerance is not a Sapiens trademark.

colt cannon lunchbox

• Rep: -92
« Reply #166 on: September 01, 2017, 05:13:40 AM »
No toe caps in prison

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #167 on: September 01, 2017, 05:14:07 AM »
I don't think I've seen anyone actually defend it. Some have acknowledged making that mistake or feel most people have gotten in a car with a drunk driver, knowing that driver is drunk or impaired. A bunch of people are just saying that it is alright to feel bad for Cory, despite the fact he made a horrific decision with horrific consequences. Some people want to hate and vilify Cory for it, which is fine, but others understand the road ahead for Cory and have empathy for him. Not that the two viewpoints are mutually exclusive. One extremely stupid decision is going to define a significant portion of his life with huge implications costing him, his friends life, his freedom and probably his career.

P-Stone and his family obviously lost a hell of a lot more. He lost his life. His wife lost a husband and his kid's a father. People should go re-watch Ali's epicaly later'd. We should absolutely vilify Cory's and previously Ali's actions, but he did something that a significant portion of society has done once in their life, unfortunately for all involved, his had terrible ramifications. Hate the action, not the person.

Being rich may help him reduce his sentence if he isn't a previous offender. But, I don't think being from a rich ass white family takes away any of the guilt he will carry with him the rest of his life or the living hell the next couple of his years will most likely be like.

Maggie

• Rep: -65488
« Reply #168 on: September 01, 2017, 05:14:52 AM »
I got a DUI when I was 19, one of the worst experiences of my life..

Maggie

• Rep: -65488
« Reply #169 on: September 01, 2017, 05:16:55 AM »
Feel remorse for all involved.. fuck.. the specifics don't matter.

StrictlyBiznas

• Rep: 2
« Reply #170 on: September 01, 2017, 05:33:22 AM »
Mourn with those that mourn. They are all incredible human beings that deserves our unconditional love. Rest in peace P-Stone and get well soon CK!
« Last Edit: September 01, 2017, 08:18:42 AM by StrictlyBiznas »

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
« Reply #171 on: September 01, 2017, 05:36:04 AM »
Expand Quote
Huge loss for skating. RIP P Stone. Skating has a drinking problem and it really needs addressed  :(
[close]

Humanity has a substance problem. It's not like skating is any different than any other group of people.
I disagree. Not only are pro skaters in a perpetual state of adolescence, but the industry itself benefits off the party image.
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

Nag Champa

• Rep: -29
« Reply #172 on: September 01, 2017, 05:42:43 AM »
This is a fucking tragic turn of events. Thoughts and prayers with the p stone family and cory�s too. This is a turning point for all of them and no going back. Fuck.

Stoop Kid 2.0

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -312
  • I still fucking hate hipsters.
« Reply #173 on: September 01, 2017, 05:49:33 AM »
Expand Quote
First, I can't understate my feelings for P stone's family.Also i loved him/his work etc..
 I feel so bad for CORY, people will hate, but he accidentally killed one of his best friends, it will kill him inside for a long time if not forever. The spark he had in his eye may never comeback, look at Boulala he never got that light back. Cory will probably want to spend every day possible in that prison. I feel horrible for him. P Stone loved Cory and would be bummed at everyone hating on Cory. They were partying together and this tragedy happened. P Stone would want us all to support Cory through his horrible journey he will have to make.
 In one recent Thrasher Cory said to Phelper something like "all my friends are dead or in jail" I know Cory was self medicating through lots of internal sadness just based of that quote.
 I wish we could give P Stone back to his family and to all of skateboarding, but it can't be so. I wish we could give Cory back to skateboarding and back to his happy ways, but I fear it won't be. I feel for Grant and Da'an and a few others who were so close to Preston and who looked up to him in a father figure type way. Those that know those guys should keep a watchful eye on them and their consumption in the coming months we don't want to loose more people, Preston would be crushed, he had such a love for all those guys and for all of the skateboarding audience and foremost his family. Great guy, his great laugh or chuckle during filming comes to mind over and over. I will miss Re_Brew episodes so much, Thrasher should compile them all onto hard copies, that would be a treasure and permanent memorial for him to be remembered.
  RIP Preston
 RIP
[close]

I forgot about that. That was in the last issue. Such a dark heavy quote. Poor dude's probably feeling suicidal right now. Whole thing is so fucked.

He may have been quoting that Josh Prine song. Also I feel like that quote is in a famous movie as well.

Robert Baratheon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 40
« Reply #174 on: September 01, 2017, 05:53:42 AM »
I've walked away from a lot of questionable behavior without a scratch. I'm very fortunate. I wish that fortune for my kids. I wish that for all of you.

Tragically, it didn't happen for those involved here. Just awful. RIP P-Stone. Get better CK.

elmcityboy

• Rep: -4
« Reply #175 on: September 01, 2017, 05:57:14 AM »
rewatched the boulala epicly later'd to try and make some sense of this. one of the reynolds quotes spoke to me:

"when everyone is drinking and blacking out, anyone could die at any point. it could have easily been him"

obviously anyone who makes it out on the other side of this is gonna have a really hard road...

micky682

« Reply #176 on: September 01, 2017, 05:59:26 AM »
Whenever a Bru-Ray video popped up on Thrasher or Youtube it would bring a smile to my face. I knew I was in for a few minutes of stoke and all that was because of P-Stone. I never got to meet the guy, but he brought joy and happiness to me whenever his videos popped up.

Thank you, P-Stone.

wheelies

« Reply #177 on: September 01, 2017, 06:08:29 AM »
Even if you guys don't drink, pay attention when your driving. Driving is serious. If the conspiracy about the government holding back technology for citizens is true, I understand because we can barely handle having cars.

gearingupforgettingdown

• Rep: -149
« Reply #178 on: September 01, 2017, 06:13:26 AM »
Dont drive drunk, it's that simple. RIP P-Stone.

Cory is a rich ass white dude with a rich ass white family so I doubt he will be in prison long. Its a struggle to be sympathetic to such foolishness when I know he's going to have it better than most people.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2017, 06:16:04 AM by gearingupforgettingdown »

wheelies

« Reply #179 on: September 01, 2017, 06:25:18 AM »
^You guys needa stop with that bullshit. Its shitty that he needs to, but good legal aid should always be used if one can afford it no matter what the situation is. You don't need to be sympathetic, but please think like an adult about the situation.