Author Topic: RIP P-Stone  (Read 99895 times)

Willie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 307
Re: RIP P-Stone
« Reply #360 on: September 02, 2017, 07:06:15 PM »
Guys....guys....I know this is Slap and shit but......

Likely ABP but here it is again....

https://www.thrashermagazine.com/articles/remembering-p-stone/

Thrasher is the only mag that seems to have kept relavent.....this was because of the online content which p-stone was a huge part of.  Im not sure anyone could capture the fun and adventure of a trip like this guy.....

I read all of those and I envy a person who is able to touch so many people so deeply.

One time I was stoned and looking at a book about Bruce Lee while listening to Jimi Hendrix and I thought, "Maybe those guys just figured out life so superlatively that they were whisked away to the next level?"

I'm not a religious or spiritual person but I'd like to think that was the case with P-Stone, too.

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 250
« Reply #361 on: September 02, 2017, 08:17:53 PM »
Expand Quote
I saw that the crash site is less than a mile from his house in his neighborhood. Based on direction from report they were almost to his house.

If Nike really dropped him they are hypocrites for having no problem cashing in on his piling out image.
[close]

Sorry, but when were they cashing in on his 'piling out' image? Because I've never seen any of that

Yeah this is bullshit.   A lot of people seem to be clinging to the idea of Cory pulling a Vince Neil as a way to let their own grudges against him fly.  It's particularly weird esp in light of P-Stone's image with drinking seen in a positive light  before and after this horrible accident.   

sk84fun

• Rep: -42
« Reply #362 on: September 02, 2017, 09:09:27 PM »
as someone who has been through it, i once blew a breathalyzer level of .13 like four hours after i drank 1 tall can of malt liquour. i wasnt driving crazy, i literally took a girl and had sex with her behind a supermarket in my car, and the cops thought we were trying to rob the market. i was arrested and refused to take a second breathalyzer test instead got a blood test. after 1 night in jail and months of just constant worrying before my court date, it turned out my blood contained 0.0% alcohol level, and my case was thrown out. breathalyzers are bullshit.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2017, 09:11:40 PM by sk84fun »

AllBranFlakes69

• Rep: 1
  • Make fibre your friend
« Reply #363 on: September 02, 2017, 09:10:43 PM »
Bru-ray was and is my favorite Thrasher segment...

Rest in peace to a fellow skateboarder.

:(

Diocletian

« Reply #364 on: September 02, 2017, 09:11:22 PM »
This whole thing is so sad. I saw a photo of him with his wife and two kids and they were such a beautiful family. I started to cry a tiny bit, and I've never even known him. I think a lot of it just has to do with how good of a person he was. He touched so many lives it's incalculable. P-Stone is just one of those types of people that are so rare and help us realize we all have the potential to spread good vibes into the world by the way we socialize and look out for one another...if only we tried harder. The world will never be able to replace P-Stone but we can learn to let his energy live through us.

VCR

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 195
« Reply #365 on: September 02, 2017, 09:14:17 PM »
Going to miss P-stone yelling in the back of video clips

PincherBug

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -102
« Reply #366 on: September 02, 2017, 09:38:48 PM »
A .10 really isn't much.  Even if you assume it was a little higher... from the time of the accident to the time he actually got his blood taken.  That's why lawyers prefer a blood test, gives a short amount of time to come down a couple tenths
« Last Edit: September 03, 2017, 08:34:32 AM by PincherBug »

AllBranFlakes69

• Rep: 1
  • Make fibre your friend
« Reply #367 on: September 02, 2017, 09:53:31 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
First, I can't understate my feelings for P stone's family.Also i loved him/his work etc..
 I feel so bad for CORY, people will hate, but he accidentally killed one of his best friends, it will kill him inside for a long time if not forever. The spark he had in his eye may never comeback, look at Boulala he never got that light back. Cory will probably want to spend every day possible in that prison. I feel horrible for him. P Stone loved Cory and would be bummed at everyone hating on Cory. They were partying together and this tragedy happened. P Stone would want us all to support Cory through his horrible journey he will have to make.
 In one recent Thrasher Cory said to Phelper something like "all my friends are dead or in jail" I know Cory was self medicating through lots of internal sadness just based of that quote.
 I wish we could give P Stone back to his family and to all of skateboarding, but it can't be so. I wish we could give Cory back to skateboarding and back to his happy ways, but I fear it won't be. I feel for Grant and Da'an and a few others who were so close to Preston and who looked up to him in a father figure type way. Those that know those guys should keep a watchful eye on them and their consumption in the coming months we don't want to loose more people, Preston would be crushed, he had such a love for all those guys and for all of the skateboarding audience and foremost his family. Great guy, his great laugh or chuckle during filming comes to mind over and over. I will miss Re_Brew episodes so much, Thrasher should compile them all onto hard copies, that would be a treasure and permanent memorial for him to be remembered.
  RIP Preston
 RIP
[close]

I forgot about that. That was in the last issue. Such a dark heavy quote. Poor dude's probably feeling suicidal right now. Whole thing is so fucked.
[close]

He may have been quoting that Josh Prine song. Also I feel like that quote is in a famous movie as well.

The quote in the mag actually reads ''every one of his friends is either dead or in fucking rehab''

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #368 on: September 02, 2017, 11:00:36 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I saw that the crash site is less than a mile from his house in his neighborhood. Based on direction from report they were almost to his house.

If Nike really dropped him they are hypocrites for having no problem cashing in on his piling out image.
[close]

Sorry, but when were they cashing in on his 'piling out' image? Because I've never seen any of that
[close]

Yeah this is bullshit.   A lot of people seem to be clinging to the idea of Cory pulling a Vince Neil as a way to let their own grudges against him fly.  It's particularly weird esp in light of P-Stone's image with drinking seen in a positive light  before and after this horrible accident.   
I mean, Nike showed him having a good time, but I don't think he was ever piling out. He may not have been as tech as he was in his early days but he was still pumping out footage. Nike's kept Gino on for years who has been to jail for multiple DUI's.

He made a terrible decision with horrifying consequences. It cost him at a minimum one of his best friends. Just feel bad for what happened, its fucking horrible. Let's not start blaming people for enabling him and such. Respect to Girl for staying they will stand behind him, I doubt Nike will.

CHONGO

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 26
    • tumblr avatar image
« Reply #369 on: September 02, 2017, 11:57:59 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]
I mean, Nike showed him having a good time, but I don't think he was ever piling out. He may not have been as tech as he was in his early days but he was still pumping out footage. Nike's kept Gino on for years who has been to jail for multiple DUI's.

He made a terrible decision with horrifying consequences. It cost him at a minimum one of his best friends. Just feel bad for what happened, its fucking horrible. Let's not start blaming people for enabling him and such. Respect to Girl for staying they will stand behind him, I doubt Nike will.

I don't think he ever "piled out" but more just kinda hung out and enjoyed skating more on a different level.

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 250
« Reply #370 on: September 03, 2017, 12:28:31 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

I don't think he ever "piled out" but more just kinda hung out and enjoyed skating more on a different level.

Yeah - he was living like P-Stone did...

CHONGO

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 26
    • tumblr avatar image
« Reply #371 on: September 03, 2017, 01:07:43 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
that is the best way to put it.

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Yeah - he was living like P-Stone did...

dirtyweemidden

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 59
« Reply #372 on: September 03, 2017, 01:51:27 AM »
0 limit is so stupid and impractical, sorry... these guys were way, way over that.

when thinking about limits and saying just take a cab or uber you are forgetting that that is only a city thing. in rural areas moderation is often the only choice. most people are perfectly capable of driving safe within the legal limits which is why they were set a those levels.

bullshit! any alcohol in you, do not drive. no ifs or buts. I live 1 hour away from the nearest city, if im drinkin I aint driving and vice versa. I dont want to kill anyone.

I truly hope you do not have a drivers license. you sound like a liability

underknowledge

« Reply #373 on: September 03, 2017, 01:59:58 AM »
you don't need alcohol to drive like a reckless idiot.

slappyslap

• Rep: -31
« Reply #374 on: September 03, 2017, 03:03:53 AM »
you don't need alcohol to drive like a reckless idiot.

True , I fell a sleep during the day behind the wheel and had a terrible accident (without alcohol).

Point of the story drunk or not you are always a danger when you are in a car, so be always careful

essal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 80
« Reply #375 on: September 03, 2017, 04:49:49 AM »
All you retards who think you can drive with a .1 should fucking burn your license and never go near anything with wheels including a skateboard.

Here is a list of things that are impaird with a BAC of .1:

- Awareness
- Being able to make decisions
- Coordination
- Concentration
- Reflexes
- Though process
- Depth perception
- Distance assessment
- Sexual performance

In other words, a .1 is fucking wasted. It's basically my BAC at 1am on a Sunday.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #376 on: September 03, 2017, 05:22:32 AM »
A 1.0 really isn't much.  Even if you assume it was a little higher... from the time of the accident to the time he actually got his blood taken.  That's why lawyers prefer a blood test, gives a short amount of time to come down a couple tenths

.4% would give you likely fatal alcohol poisoning dipshit

Gates McFadden

• Rep: 0
« Reply #377 on: September 03, 2017, 05:24:39 AM »
Gino just posted the Video Days clip of the team drunk driving and and dying in a ravine. "Your going to reap what you sow"

Willie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 307
« Reply #378 on: September 03, 2017, 05:53:18 AM »
Bad taste.

Shifty Flip

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
  • and the whistle is screaming
« Reply #379 on: September 03, 2017, 06:48:48 AM »

Cherb

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -19
« Reply #380 on: September 03, 2017, 07:51:08 AM »
All you retards who think you can drive with a .1 should fucking burn your license and never go near anything with wheels including a skateboard.

- Awareness
- Coordination
- Concentration
- Reflexes
- Though process
- Depth perception
- Distance assessment
- Sexual performance

In other words, a .1 is fucking wasted. It's basically my BAC at 1am on a Sunday.
I mean I agree with you that you shouldn't drive at .1 but a .1 is not fucking wasted. Unless your somebody that never drinks .15 would probably be closer to where a normal person that drinks occasionally would be wasted. That's why when you go past .15 in Washington it becomes a worse level of DUI. Now a piece of shit like me isn't wasted until .2 or so.

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 263
  • tiger style
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #381 on: September 03, 2017, 07:53:23 AM »
Expand Quote
0 limit is so stupid and impractical, sorry... these guys were way, way over that.

when thinking about limits and saying just take a cab or uber you are forgetting that that is only a city thing. in rural areas moderation is often the only choice. most people are perfectly capable of driving safe within the legal limits which is why they were set a those levels.
[close]

bullshit! any alcohol in you, do not drive. no ifs or buts. I live 1 hour away from the nearest city, if im drinkin I aint driving and vice versa. I dont want to kill anyone.

I truly hope you do not have a drivers license. you sound like a liability

oh ok, dad... i'll make sure not to do that again

- Awareness
- Coordination
- Concentration
- Reflexes
- Though process
- Depth perception
- Distance assessment
- Sexual performance

human chemistry isn't that cut and dry. a grown man who's been drinking his whole life is going to have a differ experience than a younger kid. a lot of times it's also not just alcohol that's at play, being .1 and faded and took some pills is a whole lot different than drank some beers and watched the game. also factors like if you ate and many others can affect it. they've set the limit intentionally low enough account for the worst case. really some people can handle it, some people cant. it's like what jim jefferies said in his gun rant. the laws are written to the lowest common denominator.

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #382 on: September 03, 2017, 07:56:56 AM »
Expand Quote

- Awareness
- Coordination
- Concentration
- Reflexes
- Though process
- Depth perception
- Distance assessment
- Sexual performance

[close]
I mean I agree with you that you shouldn't drive at .1 but a .1 is not fucking wasted. Unless your somebody that never drinks .15 would probably be closer to where a normal person that drinks occasionally would be wasted. That's why when you go past .15 in Washington it becomes a worse level of DUI. Now a piece of shit like me isn't wasted until .2 or so.
You
Are
A
Fucking
Idiot

Cherb

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -19
« Reply #383 on: September 03, 2017, 07:59:18 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

- Awareness
- Coordination
- Concentration
- Reflexes
- Though process
- Depth perception
- Distance assessment
- Sexual performance

[close]
[close]
You
Are
A
Fucking
Idiot
Tell me about it.

unfound_nickname

• Rep: -1
« Reply #384 on: September 03, 2017, 08:17:03 AM »
R.I.P P-Stone

wheelies

« Reply #385 on: September 03, 2017, 08:34:58 AM »
Alcohol is a weird CNS depressant, slows brain activity but can make you more hyper and shit, bad combo for driving. I personally don't think the alcohol was the biggest factor in the crash, but were gonna have to wait and see what cory says, if he even chooses to speak publicly about it.

Almost all laws exist for human preservation, if you want the best chances to live, obey all the laws.

legalbeagle

« Reply #386 on: September 03, 2017, 09:36:52 AM »
nike never kicked anyone off for "piling out."  but they probably should for vehicular homicide. murder is bad for the brand

gumi

• Rep: 6
« Reply #387 on: September 03, 2017, 09:58:53 AM »
Quote from: Shifty Flip  link=topic=96452.msg2682117#msg2682117 date=1504446528
Expand Quote
Bad taste.
[close]

Yeh this is pretty fucked Gino. A dude in the comments ripped into him about Gino himself having multiple dui's, too

Mark Renton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 288
  • Choose life.
« Reply #388 on: September 03, 2017, 10:05:03 AM »

Amen.
video tape yourself saving monks. dont just do it. make sure its caught on film.

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #389 on: September 03, 2017, 12:09:55 PM »
Gino just posted the Video Days clip of the team drunk driving and and dying in a ravine. "Your going to reap what you sow"

What the fuck is he thinking? The dude went to jail for the amount of DUI's he racked up. I think he's trying to tell people not to drink and drive, but he could do it in a much better manner.