Author Topic: RIP P-Stone  (Read 99900 times)

BacksideWallride

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -30
Re: RIP P-Stone
« Reply #390 on: September 03, 2017, 12:44:46 PM »
Expand Quote
Gino just posted the Video Days clip of the team drunk driving and and dying in a ravine. "Your going to reap what you sow"

[close]
What the fuck is he thinking? The dude went to jail for the amount of DUI's he racked up. I think he's trying to tell people not to drink and drive, but he could do it in a much better manner.

Lou Reed quotes but still, yes agree, what a hypocrite... I expect that post to be taken down within the day, look at the heat he's getting.

PincherBug

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -102
« Reply #391 on: September 03, 2017, 12:50:47 PM »
Gino, you insensitive prick

Stoop Kid 2.0

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -312
  • I still fucking hate hipsters.
« Reply #392 on: September 03, 2017, 12:51:35 PM »
Doesn't even seem like he's getting much heat.

billyerlife

« Reply #393 on: September 03, 2017, 12:57:50 PM »
I'm just as guilty as anyone, but maybe we ought to stop bickering about blood alcohol content, who should shoulder the blame, etc. By all accounts it was an extremely good man that died, and someone a massive part of whatever skateboarding community there is. Let's not be stereotypical Slap for a bit eh? Raise one up for P-Stone, be it a beer or a glass of water, and say farewell to one of the good ones. Legends never die!

MeanestCleanestPenis

• Rep: 40
« Reply #394 on: September 03, 2017, 01:03:37 PM »
The way I interpreted it is that it is the skate industry reaping what they have sown with the way they promote the party lifestyle?

wheelies

« Reply #395 on: September 03, 2017, 01:19:42 PM »
^ ding ding ding

I hope this doesn't start a anti party campaign in skateboarding, I hope people just realize shit happens and you gotta watch your actions.

Pigeon

« Reply #396 on: September 03, 2017, 01:22:28 PM »
^
not bawtawd

wheelies

« Reply #397 on: September 03, 2017, 01:45:35 PM »
^
not bawtawd
People who fuck up can speak against things and warn others cause they know the consequences. I don't like hearing the dangers of things from people who have never done those things, ya know? I got a DUI going 120 with a friend in the car, I could of killed him. I crashed my whip on drugs and could have killed others. That's not right.

CHONGO

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 26
    • tumblr avatar image
« Reply #398 on: September 03, 2017, 01:48:12 PM »
^ ding ding ding

I hope this doesn't start a anti party campaign in skateboarding, I hope people just realize shit happens and you gotta watch your actions.

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1362
« Reply #399 on: September 03, 2017, 02:16:20 PM »

Diocletian

« Reply #400 on: September 03, 2017, 02:46:51 PM »
Vitello's donated $25,000. That's awesome!

mattchew

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 363
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #401 on: September 03, 2017, 02:52:47 PM »
I think Gino had good intentions behind that post but did a very, very poor job of articulating himself.
As others have mentioned it seems like he's calling out the industry for having promoted the party life style since the early 90's, at the very least, and as a result, we are facing tragedy...again. He of all people knows this with Keenan.

Something I always think about when watching tour videos or KOTR is how fucking lame it is to have booze in the van. I'm sure a multitude of people will disagree with me, but I feel like passengers drinking in the van is just a straight up bad call, even if the driver is stone sober...it still sends out a mixed message, I think. Same shit with all of the alcohol-related challenges in KOTR.

I dunno, call me a Debbie Downer for all I care, this shit is just a bummer and alcohol is a wretched substance for those who cannot moderate themselves, which seems to be a lot of skaters.
P R E P A R E  T O  T I M E C O D E

gumi

• Rep: 6
« Reply #402 on: September 03, 2017, 02:59:45 PM »
GoFundme for Pstone's family
https://www.gofundme.com/preston-maigetter-memorial-fund

I mean this completely seriously - I'm glad Thrasher sold so many shirts to urban outfitters so theyre able to help Preston's family like that. Those poor boys man..

gumi

• Rep: 6
« Reply #403 on: September 03, 2017, 03:03:21 PM »
Ginos also deleted that insta post

Pigeon

« Reply #404 on: September 03, 2017, 03:03:45 PM »
Expand Quote

I mean this completely seriously - I'm glad Thrasher sold so many shirts to urban outfitters so theyre able to help Preston's family like that. Those poor boys man..
Not to get off subject, but I think that you're mistaken. I'm pretty sure UO printed shirts with Thrasher covers on them. Welcome is available there, though.

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 249
« Reply #405 on: September 03, 2017, 03:32:40 PM »
I think Gino had good intentions behind that post but did a very, very poor job of articulating himself.
As others have mentioned it seems like he's calling out the industry for having promoted the party life style since the early 90's, at the very least, and as a result, we are facing tragedy...again. He of all people knows this with Keenan.

Something I always think about when watching tour videos or KOTR is how fucking lame it is to have booze in the van. I'm sure a multitude of people will disagree with me, but I feel like passengers drinking in the van is just a straight up bad call, even if the driver is stone sober...it still sends out a mixed message, I think. Same shit with all of the alcohol-related challenges in KOTR.

I dunno, call me a Debbie Downer for all I care, this shit is just a bummer and alcohol is a wretched substance for those who cannot moderate themselves, which seems to be a lot of skaters.

It's almost as if the industry that encourages kids to drop out of high school, frowns upon wearing safety equipment while doing dangerous activities, and has built many brands around the drug and alcohol abuse of its riders might not have the best judgment

shit_for_brains

« Reply #406 on: September 03, 2017, 04:10:00 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
Not to get off subject, but I think that you're mistaken. I'm pretty sure UO printed shirts with Thrasher covers on them. Welcome is available there, though.

Absolutely not true.

REGS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 111
« Reply #407 on: September 03, 2017, 04:21:38 PM »
Vitello's donated $25,000. That's awesome!

Looks like Burnett and Raven personally donated $2500 each too. Saw a couple of $1k donations from Shane, Janoski ect. That's pretty cool.

McCly

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -12
« Reply #408 on: September 03, 2017, 04:48:36 PM »
Dammit Gino.

CINCINNATI

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 116
« Reply #409 on: September 03, 2017, 04:55:58 PM »
threw some money their way. still cant believe what happened to Johnny jones, and then this. fuck.

MeanestCleanestPenis

• Rep: 40
« Reply #410 on: September 03, 2017, 05:03:39 PM »
GoFundme for Pstone's family
https://www.gofundme.com/preston-maigetter-memorial-fund

Great to see so much support!

I feel like if you were in Cory's shoes you'd be handing over every penny you had to that family

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1362
« Reply #411 on: September 03, 2017, 05:12:36 PM »
It seems very sappy to say but the skateboarding community never ceases to amaze me in times like this. The generosity shown is incredbile.

CHONGO

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 26
    • tumblr avatar image
« Reply #412 on: September 03, 2017, 05:15:10 PM »
holy shit the gofund me has blown up. So sick

georgethecat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 637
« Reply #413 on: September 03, 2017, 05:18:23 PM »
Expand Quote
^
not bawtawd
[close]
People who fuck up can speak against things and warn others cause they know the consequences. I don't like hearing the dangers of things from people who have never done those things, ya know? I got a DUI going 120 with a friend in the car, I could of killed him. I crashed my whip on drugs and could have killed others. That's not right.

So, in discussing profoundly stupid behaviour, there's no value in hearing from someone who's decided not to engage in it?  The way your comment reads, you sound a little proud of your DUI and drug-induced crash.  It's not a badge of honour, it's not an exclusive club, and you probably would have benefited from heeding the warnings of someone who would never find themselves in your situation.

wheelies

« Reply #414 on: September 03, 2017, 05:43:22 PM »
So, in discussing profoundly stupid behaviour, there's no value in hearing from someone who's decided not to engage in it? ? The way your comment reads, you sound a little proud of your DUI and drug-induced crash. ? It's not a badge of honour, it's not an exclusive club, and you probably would have benefited from heeding the warnings of someone who would never find themselves in your situation.
This is true, the other stuff is false, its not that deep dude.

Channeling mad love to P stone and his kids and wife man.

PincherBug

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -102
« Reply #415 on: September 03, 2017, 05:54:22 PM »
He said, "That's not right" give the guy a fucking break. I guess we're not supposed to share such things... It shows that we're not alone, we aren't all saints like you. Plenty of people have fucked up and made alcohol induced mistakes

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 142
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #416 on: September 03, 2017, 06:09:47 PM »
0 limit is so stupid and impractical
well actually no it isn't, I live a country with a 0 limit and guess what? there's less instances of drunk driving across the board. this zero tolerance can actually affect your job here too so (the majority of) people understand that it's a stupid thing to do for a number of reasons. I used to live in a pretty rural area and the locals ran these taxi businesses where two of them would come and one would drive your car home so you can drive to the pub, drink, catch a cab home and still have your car parked in your driveway in the morning.

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

xXpU$$y$lAy3r69Xx

• Rep: -24
« Reply #417 on: September 03, 2017, 06:23:37 PM »
anyone screenshot the gino post?

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3340
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #418 on: September 03, 2017, 06:33:48 PM »
Anybody who saw Thrashin' knows that partying hard and skateboarding go hand-in-hand like Bronson ditch and skate joust.

Owen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 302
    • My Photos avatar image
« Reply #419 on: September 03, 2017, 06:44:11 PM »
Stoked to see Thrasher drop such large cash towards the fund. Looking at the donation list, it's a skateboarding hall of fame. Great to see everyone past and present getting behind this.
Jorts
Anklets
Rat tails
Sling shots
Toe rings
Shuv it tail grabs
Jump ramps