Author Topic: Update on Cory Kennedy case?  (Read 180721 times)

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1076
Re: Update on Cory Kennedy case?
« Reply #630 on: April 23, 2021, 01:17:30 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I'm glad CK is back looking happy and skating again.

I'm still having trouble figuring out why it's so hard to forgive him at this point. Maybe that will come with time. It was just disappointing to see people mourn his death by having drunken bowl parties, and how everyone assumed that just because P-Stone was a chill guy, that he wouldn't have wanted Cory punished. 

Hopefully he can become somewhat of an advocate against drunk driving to help remind skaters to think twice before jumping in the car with a homie after drinking.
[close]

Sounds like one of the person's most affected by this tragedy is better than most slappers and their cancel fetish.
[close]

I love how this keeps happening. Everyone in the thread is like "Yeah, Cory fucked up, but he served his time like a man, and it's good to see him out skating again. I hope he can live with the guilt and stay sober", but some dolt like you has to tilt at windmills, creating completely imagined scenarios to get mad at. It's so funny.
[close]

Just fuck off with your moral high ground.

https://www.kiro7.com/news/local/skateboarder-cory-kennedy-sentenced-to-four-years-in-prison-after-killing-friend-in-dui-crash/824915029/

Maigetter's mother, Karen Maigetter, even wrote a letter asking Judge Teresa Doyle to not sentence Kennedy to any prison time. She wrote, "He (Preston) would do everything to prevent this situation where his friend would be imprisoned… he would not want that his friend suffer any more from the burdens of guilt, sorrow and stigma."

Cancel dork
[close]

Learn to read you absolute fucking bore.
[close]

He'll get there one day.
[close]

Read the article when it came out.  The post I made was memory recall. 

I guess you don't recall reading this?

"I know you didn't mean to do it and I love you”....his WIFE

I take it back, you're probably never going to get it.
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

Freelancevagrant

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1562
« Reply #631 on: April 23, 2021, 01:52:48 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I'm glad CK is back looking happy and skating again.

I'm still having trouble figuring out why it's so hard to forgive him at this point. Maybe that will come with time. It was just disappointing to see people mourn his death by having drunken bowl parties, and how everyone assumed that just because P-Stone was a chill guy, that he wouldn't have wanted Cory punished. 

Hopefully he can become somewhat of an advocate against drunk driving to help remind skaters to think twice before jumping in the car with a homie after drinking.
[close]

Sounds like one of the person's most affected by this tragedy is better than most slappers and their cancel fetish.
[close]

I love how this keeps happening. Everyone in the thread is like "Yeah, Cory fucked up, but he served his time like a man, and it's good to see him out skating again. I hope he can live with the guilt and stay sober", but some dolt like you has to tilt at windmills, creating completely imagined scenarios to get mad at. It's so funny.
[close]

Just fuck off with your moral high ground.

https://www.kiro7.com/news/local/skateboarder-cory-kennedy-sentenced-to-four-years-in-prison-after-killing-friend-in-dui-crash/824915029/

Maigetter's mother, Karen Maigetter, even wrote a letter asking Judge Teresa Doyle to not sentence Kennedy to any prison time. She wrote, "He (Preston) would do everything to prevent this situation where his friend would be imprisoned… he would not want that his friend suffer any more from the burdens of guilt, sorrow and stigma."

Cancel dork
[close]

Learn to read you absolute fucking bore.
[close]

He'll get there one day.
[close]

Read the article when it came out.  The post I made was memory recall. 

I guess you don't recall reading this?

"I know you didn't mean to do it and I love you”....his WIFE

Well I have like 9 Andy Anderson dated flight decks.

Tyroneshoelaces

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -603
  • who knows
« Reply #632 on: April 23, 2021, 05:14:17 PM »
How do we feel when ck footage shows up of him being a drunk pile on tour again?

where is home?

conqueso

« Reply #633 on: April 23, 2021, 05:18:33 PM »
crazy times we are living in when it is worse to give someone herpes than take away the father of an innocent family

shoutout to captains tho

powerhazard

• Rep: 6
« Reply #634 on: April 23, 2021, 05:25:37 PM »
crazy times we are living in when it is worse to give someone herpes than take away the father of an innocent family

shoutout to captains tho

You don’t seem to grasp the very significant difference between these at all.

cky enthusiast

« Reply #635 on: April 23, 2021, 05:33:36 PM »
if you want to cancel me, you must solve my riddles three

Dwyck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 149
« Reply #636 on: April 23, 2021, 06:19:34 PM »

shoutout to captains tho

? Cory served time for it? He literally just got out
Regular stance is a mental disorder defined by the DSM-5

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #637 on: April 23, 2021, 06:21:39 PM »
Expand Quote

shoutout to captains tho
[close]

? Cory served time for it? He literally just got out

Also, it wasn’t “someone” it was many people and as I remember he also forced himself on at least one girl.   

flippy lippy

• Rep: -23
« Reply #638 on: April 23, 2021, 06:37:01 PM »

Idk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 313
« Reply #639 on: April 23, 2021, 06:48:03 PM »
How do we feel when ck footage shows up of him being a drunk pile on tour again?
We downvote it. Let’s hope he learned not to. I don’t believe he has to be abstinent the rest of his life but he certainly lost the privilege to get drunk and not be judged for it.

EdLawndale

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1111
    • My Wife avatar image
« Reply #640 on: April 23, 2021, 06:56:18 PM »

shoutout to captains tho

It's not a competition, kook
"Was just about to say, wtf is up with this EdLawndale guy?"

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1076
« Reply #641 on: April 23, 2021, 08:42:48 PM »

shoutout to captains tho

Didn't he just get finished serving four years in prison?
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

Hairy Ballsagna

• Rep: 32
« Reply #642 on: April 23, 2021, 08:49:40 PM »

Let’s be honest, there was never really footage of him being a drunk pile on tour in the first place. Unless you count wearing a safety vest in some clips while still skating at a high level.

Googan Christmas

• Rep: 25
« Reply #643 on: April 23, 2021, 09:42:59 PM »
Some of you should be drawn and quartered. 

What a shitty situation all around, glad he’s out and hope life treats him well.

Can you imagine that first freedom sesh? Must feel so fucking good

Burt Ward

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 522
« Reply #644 on: April 23, 2021, 09:53:39 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Let’s be honest, there was never really footage of him being a drunk pile on tour in the first place. Unless you count wearing a safety vest in some clips while still skating at a high level.

Right?!!!
Now, we used to say we put on our tights to put on the world. So I don't think it tarnishes the image at all.

metsuri

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 38
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #645 on: April 23, 2021, 11:13:36 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Take another look at all that safety vest footage.

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -494
« Reply #646 on: April 23, 2021, 11:19:11 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Even his footage from sk8rats last video was pretty good . I think the transition away from being ultra tech is what got people thinking that but he was still killing bowls and back 5050ing double kinks with a jam box in hand.
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

fs180

• Rep: -267
« Reply #647 on: April 24, 2021, 12:22:42 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Even his footage from sk8rats last video was pretty good . I think the transition away from being ultra tech is what got people thinking that but he was still killing bowls and back 5050ing double kinks with a jam box in hand.

it not like he was slamming his nose on copings and intentionally kicking his board into the transition mid somebody elses run in those videos acting like a drunk clown. he has like infinite board control and right before everything happend his alcoholic skating and puttting himself and others in danger was the appeal and you all know it. back 50 a kinked rail with his music box in hand and a beer can in sight. im pretty sure he is a good guy and the time in jail made him a better person again

birdplops

• Rep: 25
« Reply #648 on: April 24, 2021, 01:45:11 AM »

So dope. Thanks for posting this.

You know, if there was a gem like this on every page it might even be worth pouring through the arguing bull shit that seemingly crops up in every thread now.

Burt Ward

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 522
« Reply #649 on: April 24, 2021, 02:50:56 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

it not like he was slamming his nose on copings and intentionally kicking his board into the transition mid somebody elses run in those videos acting like a drunk clown. he has like infinite board control and right before everything happend his alcoholic skating and puttting himself and others in danger was the appeal and you all know it. back 50 a kinked rail with his music box in hand and a beer can in sight. im pretty sure he is a good guy and the time in jail made him a better person again

I saw him skate a 4star (I think) demo with a big Bluetooth speaker in hand and he crushed it. This was in "pile mode".
Now, we used to say we put on our tights to put on the world. So I don't think it tarnishes the image at all.

DropInDropOut

« Reply #650 on: April 24, 2021, 05:40:47 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Right?!!!

Unless you count Chronicles 3.

And how wasted is he here: “he’s definitely having a good time”🥴

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1973
« Reply #651 on: April 24, 2021, 07:06:20 AM »
oh yeah how dare he not take the berrics seriously, what an animal

urbneathme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 282
« Reply #652 on: April 24, 2021, 07:20:52 AM »
oh yeah how dare he not take the berrics seriously, what an animal
honestly, put him back. if you're going to disrespect skateboarding's most important and hallowed journalistic entity you don't deserve to ever step foot on a board again

Ms. Tamzarian

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 736
  • I like dork tricks :/
« Reply #653 on: April 24, 2021, 08:48:02 AM »

shoutout to captains tho

Yeah, I'm late to the party here, but you really missed the mark with this one my friend.

First, this isn't "giving someone herpes." This is knowingly giving several people (and counting) herpes without their informed consent, using your semi-fame as a manipulative tool to groom girls into sex & spread the disease, and still going unpunished & unaccounted in any form for your abusive behavior which at this point seems to include rape as well.

Second, you're comparing one terrible thing that has gone unpunished let alone unaddressed by any sponsors, and a second thing that has been punished with prison time. Imagine if no consequence ever came about for Cory - and his sponsors remained obstinately silent on the matter. People would be losing their shit. But it doesn't matter.

Whatabout-ism is a waste of time, so please save it.

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #654 on: April 24, 2021, 09:15:35 AM »
Expand Quote

shoutout to captains tho
[close]

Yeah, I'm late to the party here, but you really missed the mark with this one my friend.

First, this isn't "giving someone herpes." This is knowingly giving several people (and counting) herpes without their informed consent, using your semi-fame as a manipulative tool to groom girls into sex & spread the disease, and still going unpunished & unaccounted in any form for your abusive behavior which at this point seems to include rape as well.

Second, you're comparing one terrible thing that has gone unpunished let alone unaddressed by any sponsors, and a second thing that has been punished with prison time. Imagine if no consequence ever came about for Cory - and his sponsors remained obstinately silent on the matter. People would be losing their shit. But it doesn't matter.

One is worse, which is accidentally killing your friend in a car accident, but if Cory knew that was a likely outcome I doubt he would have gotten in his car or drove at the speed he did. P-Stone would also likely wear a seat belt. Yonnie knew the likelihood of his actions giving these women herpes, and that is done with a level of malice that Cory's situation doesn't have. Cory lost his highest-paying sponsor, 4 years of freedom, and prior to going to jail sought out counseling for alcohol.

Cory without any punishment or public pressure would likely feel the guilt of this every damn day of his life. Do you think Yonnie gave a shit before being publicly confronted?

Lou Strux

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2242
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #655 on: April 24, 2021, 09:24:25 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

shoutout to captains tho
[close]

[close]
One is worse, which is accidentally killing your friend in a car accident, but if Cory knew that was a likely outcome I doubt he would have gotten in his car or drove at the speed he did. P-Stone would also likely wear a seat belt. Yonnie knew the likelihood of his actions giving these women herpes, and that is done with a level of malice that Cory's situation doesn't have. Cory lost his highest-paying sponsor, 4 years of freedom, and prior to going to jail sought out counseling for alcohol.

Cory without any punishment or public pressure would likely feel the guilt of this every damn day of his life. Do you think Yonnie gave a shit before being publicly confronted?
Alright, y’all...
You Cat’s are gonna have to cut it out with this nuanced understanding of the situation.
Elsewise, I’m gonna have to put my torches & pitchforks away & break out the empathy/humanity instead.
Yuck!  ;)

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

excitableboy

• Rep: 93
« Reply #656 on: April 24, 2021, 09:25:38 AM »
Was he really in for four years? I could've sworn it was two years ago this September that he went in? I hope I'm right because it'd feel like I just lost some years if not.

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #657 on: April 24, 2021, 09:37:29 AM »
Was he really in for four years? I could've sworn it was two years ago this September that he went in? I hope I'm right because it'd feel like I just lost some years if not.
I think he served 2 and a half, but is still under strict rules/electronic monitoring for the next year at a minimum, and was also under strict rules for his year on bail.

excitableboy

• Rep: 93
« Reply #658 on: April 24, 2021, 10:03:07 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
I think he served 2 and a half, but is still under strict rules/electronic monitoring for the next year at a minimum, and was also under strict rules for his year on bail.

I see, ok that's better.

Pete

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 686
  • Free Max B
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #659 on: April 24, 2021, 10:24:13 AM »
hopefully he leaves the dumpsterfire over at craig once he has some time to let that damn sink in.
much better off just being Thiebaud flow at this point. same pay better boards

did nike ever address the situation and formally cut ties? or even silently bc killing someone negates the contract or something?
CK really had the only SB pro model [not colorway] that even made Nike the money for the mold back, let alone some profit (sans janoski, which hasnt counted since they bought his name from him)...even if it was just a wide blazer with the rubber exposed.
i know cons is nike but im sure someone just hooked those up.

CK1 back on when they re-sign everyone in june?

kader bout to be on too fr

what the fuck do i know tho right lol

free max b
FREE MAX B