Author Topic: the Bunt is back  (Read 320886 times)

dill8849, doctorkickflip and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.

Robert Baratheon

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 40
Re: the Bunt is back
« Reply #2940 on: May 08, 2024, 09:06:49 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Gordy not being of Sinclair's taste further backs up my feeling that Toy was worse off having him as talent scout.
[close]

Yepp. A true travesty that when its all said and done...sky brown has a board on toy machine, and Jordan taylor does not...his brain wash part is the most toy machine true to its core thing in the last 15 years outside of reissuing old graphics and putting a guy like Myles on

what happened with Kevin barnett and toy?
[close]
Even though the Sinclair era isn't to my taste, I think the blame (if you want to call it that) is on Templeton. He was never strong in his vision for the team. Jamie had to take control in the WTH era, everyone dissipated after Jump, Austin Stephens and Barnett were the backbone of the rebuild starting with Good and Evil. His art speaks for it self and is a huge part of the aesthetics but seems like Ed never really gave a shit about team dynamics and building a cohesive group.
[close]

Easy to say Ed never gave a shit about team dymanics, but you can tell he clearly cared in his new book the wires crossed, i just think he was pretty clearly hurt by everybody quitting...also must've sucked, that you're trying to rebuild and you have your first pick ( caswell ) quit after going pro, nate brossard didn't pan out either..Good & evil was the video I grew up on, and to their credit they kept all those guys together for the next decade while adding new guys i think the first person to leave/get let go from good & evil was johnny layton almost 10 years after..

the sinclair era has been an abomination though imo. between brain wash and programming injection (10 years), according to skatevideosite, they put one tour video the subhumans 14 mins, and the jeremy leabres video 9 mins, and thats it. that is a whole generation of kids who didn't grew up on a toy machine video. feel like they are playing catch up in the last 5 years
[close]

Sinclair is the worst thing to ever happen to toy machine. I feel like toy would be better off by just becoming essentially a legacy brand and re-issuing old boards and apparel. I second that Jordan Taylor was the last person on the team that embodied the brands spirit that they initially built up in the 90s.

Whoever put Josh Harmony on should be banished. Might be the worst style of all time. Soulless, club footed, boring ass handrail moron.

Troubadour26

• Rep: 88
« Reply #2941 on: May 08, 2024, 10:09:03 AM »
Ishod airing out his ass cheeks is a hilarious episode

conan777

• Rep: -50
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #2942 on: May 08, 2024, 06:47:35 PM »
No spoilers on the random skater of the week please. I can't always listen to the episodes immediately but I'm on here most days at work

easymoneysniper

• Rep: 35
« Reply #2943 on: May 08, 2024, 06:58:49 PM »
yeah like then like he like went to like this spot where like he like went crazy like yeah

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -491
« Reply #2944 on: May 08, 2024, 07:10:38 PM »
Steve Berra calling DLX to complain about people making fun of cariuma is so sad. Like how much of a lose do you have to be. 
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

shouldn't

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 80
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #2945 on: May 08, 2024, 08:34:55 PM »
we
Expand Quote
i think ryan lee has done great work and i believe he edited the new video same as he did the last
[close]

Don Luong
whoops that’s what i mean to say, thanks.

imagine fucking the dog shit outta chris roberts

Paul Cicero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -283
« Reply #2946 on: May 09, 2024, 04:27:43 AM »
Steve Berra calling DLX to complain about people making fun of cariuma is so sad. Like how much of a lose do you have to be.

Yeah agree 100 - what a fucking child.

Idk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 312
« Reply #2947 on: May 09, 2024, 05:51:04 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Is it in the podcast?

Gleefull508

• Rep: 22
« Reply #2948 on: May 09, 2024, 08:23:15 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
Is it in the podcast?
dont think so but he calls out cariuma as worst brand pretty quickly and says he wouldn't want berra on the session

Nosferatu

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 687
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #2949 on: May 09, 2024, 08:42:10 AM »
No spoilers on the random skater of the week please. I can't always listen to the episodes immediately but I'm on here most days at work

Maybe don’t open this thread??
I thought it wasnt just him solo, shouldve stuck with my og thought.
R.I.P Rusty. One of us.

manuduncan

• Rep: 28
« Reply #2950 on: May 09, 2024, 11:59:19 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
Is it in the podcast?
[close]
dont think so but he calls out cariuma as worst brand pretty quickly and says he wouldn't want berra on the session

What? Yes it is, he literally says Steve Berra called dlx to complain about him saying cariuma is wack. Twice!
« Last Edit: May 10, 2024, 08:31:05 AM by manuduncan »

manuduncan

• Rep: 28
« Reply #2951 on: May 09, 2024, 12:01:45 PM »
this is the first time I watched the YouTube vid of a bunt episode and it was actually sick - they put in clips of what they’re talking about and it adds to the experience quite a bit

Like when Patrick says Jamie foy watched him land the blunt on the triangle via FaceTime, it shows the clip of Jamie foy watching it and celebrating that was really cool to see

Dead to Me

• Rep: 74
« Reply #2952 on: May 09, 2024, 11:57:37 PM »
Been stoked on all the guests so far this season. That was a wholesome post office in Patrick Praman’s episode.

Swimming

• Rep: -1
« Reply #2953 on: May 10, 2024, 10:39:05 AM »
Been stoked on all the guests so far this season. That was a wholesome post office in Patrick Praman’s episode.

heinzketchup

• Rep: 55
« Reply #2954 on: May 10, 2024, 12:54:25 PM »
post office was really sweet, shout out to cepha and dono, made my day, really heartwarming
great episodes so far, im still audio only tho

Shitbag

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 163
  • A mystery wrapped inside a Twinkie
« Reply #2955 on: May 10, 2024, 08:12:19 PM »
yeah like then like he like went to like this spot where like he like went crazy like yeah
Yeah that was very noticeable , so much so even Guy Mariano and dare I say Kader think that that’s wayyyyyyyyytoo many likes.

Dr Hass

• Rep: 4
« Reply #2956 on: May 14, 2024, 10:43:24 AM »

Sold Out

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 96
« Reply #2957 on: May 14, 2024, 12:12:13 PM »

CrappybsflipDownthe5stair