Author Topic: Nike SB Omar SALAZAR sample  (Read 7120 times)

Fongstarr.

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 316
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: Nike SB Omar SALAZAR sample
« Reply #30 on: April 30, 2009, 10:15:28 AM »
Expand Quote
Pass. 

I cannot believe that Omar got a shoe before BA.  Weak.
[close]

I agree but it seems like that's how the industry goes.  Popular dudes get models before guys that have been killing it for ages.  I'm still amazed when I see that Supra Antwan shoe banner.

For real. Baker 3 isn't even that old and that is the first time I heard of Antuan. Next thing you know, dude turns pro out of no where and has a shoe. I actually like his skating but dude hasn't put out nearly as much as other people out there that have almost nothing to show for. If he was to ever mess up with Ellington, Greco or Reynolds, the guy would lose everything cause I can't see him on any other sponsors. 
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

norrin radd

• Rep: -1

kamltoe

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -443
« Reply #32 on: April 30, 2009, 11:05:34 AM »
i don't think BA not having a shoe is like folks are thinking.
he has a shoe "in the works", but he's a picky dude when it comes to putting his name on things. he's actually been skating a ton of different sneaks of all brands for like a year now to see what he likes and what he doesn't. i think when his shoe does come out, it'll be exactly what he wants and will be amazing. as I understand it, he's really insistent on taking his time and creating a shoe that is on point (whatever that means in the mind of BA) as opposed to "mixing up something hot" and throwing the name on it with a swoosh. not saying that's what Omar did, but that's why Brian's isn't further along than we'd all like. he hasn't been denied the opportunity, he's just doing a lot more work to get it right. this was probably influenced by his past experiences at savier/nike. BA's doing it right. never doubt the beast.

k

Quote from: The Gipper

Classic keyboard skate champion talk right there.

you need to stop thinking people do what you tell them bc they dont.

Rampfoot

• Rep: 21
« Reply #33 on: April 30, 2009, 11:11:17 AM »
HOW THE FUCK DOES THIS DUDE HAVE A SHOE... SKATEBOARDINGS ALL FUCKED UP

intothevoid

• Rep: 9
« Reply #34 on: April 30, 2009, 11:12:56 AM »
not that bad but i don't think i'd wear them.

gnz

• Rep: 26
« Reply #35 on: April 30, 2009, 11:58:34 AM »
This is a stretch, but my first thought was the DC Howard II.  The top eyelet reminds me of the reversed strap on the Howard II, and even the colors are somewhat reminiscent of the navy colorway.  The heel panel kinda looks like that stock laser-beam backdrop that you took your elementary school picture with... but it's just one colorway.  It's going to be hard to break into the blazer's market (stefan vs. harbor will be an easier win).  I'd give them a try, for sure.

crunk juice

• Rep: -16
« Reply #36 on: April 30, 2009, 12:02:27 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Pass. 

[close]

I agree but it seems like that's how the industry goes.  Popular dudes get models before guys that have been killing it for ages.  I'm still amazed when I see that Supra Antwan shoe banner.
[close]

For real. Baker 3 isn't even that old and that is the first time I heard of Antuan. Next thing you know, dude turns pro out of no where and has a shoe. I actually like his skating but dude hasn't put out nearly as much as other people out there that have almost nothing to show for. If he was to ever mess up with Ellington, Greco or Reynolds, the guy would lose everything cause I can't see him on any other sponsors. 

what the fuck are you kooks talking about?  antwan's amazing and deserves everything he has.  omar on the other hand is just not very good at skateboarding and will never be even remotely close to ba's level.

bumpnrun

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 44
    • Fairways & Flips avatar image
« Reply #37 on: April 30, 2009, 12:07:50 PM »

shredorbread

• Rep: -12
  • bring back the manchester
« Reply #38 on: April 30, 2009, 01:18:30 PM »
I just threw up.

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 316
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #39 on: April 30, 2009, 01:27:12 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Pass. 

[close]

[close]

[close]

what the fuck are you kooks talking about?  antwan's amazing and deserves everything he has.  omar on the other hand is just not very good at skateboarding and will never be even remotely close to ba's level.

I was talking more or less why BA didn't get a shoe. BA should have gotten a shoe a long time ago before Antuan got his. I like his skating but I just don't think he deserves a pro shoe already.
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

Tuna

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 225
« Reply #40 on: April 30, 2009, 01:30:28 PM »
kind of weird, but omar seems kind of weird.

kind of like a work boot plus a blazer. hopefully they mess with the shape of the shoe a bit before they release it.

McCly

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #41 on: April 30, 2009, 02:41:10 PM »
what the hell is flywire. hopefully when realeased they do something about the baked potato look theyve got now. dude deserves that check

http://www.nikebiz.com/media/beijing/features/Flywire.html

Nihilist

« Reply #42 on: April 30, 2009, 03:56:27 PM »
booty.
even for nike SB standards,

riding bitches

« Reply #43 on: April 30, 2009, 04:10:39 PM »
omar doesn't deserve a pro shoe on nike.  antwuan is on another level and deserves everything he gets, one of the most gifted skaters ever imo.

frankallen

« Reply #44 on: April 30, 2009, 04:57:20 PM »
I just threw up.
Like seriously dude.  What the fuck is Nike thinking?  Whom ever is feeling that shitty shoe is a clown, straight up.  I would not let a fucking "ollie pro" design a shoe.  There's a multimillion dollar company's name on the line!  Or maybe it's the dudes responsible for the Angus, or the URL that got another stab at the 'skate shoe design' thing.

GnarlesManson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -118
« Reply #45 on: April 30, 2009, 08:28:23 PM »
« Last Edit: April 30, 2009, 10:38:25 PM by GnarlesManson »

Upgrayedd

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 446
  • Fuck Tom Knox
« Reply #46 on: April 30, 2009, 09:07:28 PM »
really stoked omars getting a shoe, not very stoked on how it looks, but GROSSLY overstoked on the existance of square one mids.

Slap Gravitational Waveboarding Magazine:
"We can't do it yet, but when we can it'll be sick."
-grim

sergioflorez

« Reply #47 on: April 30, 2009, 09:11:05 PM »
i like them

Mullet Man

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -424
« Reply #48 on: April 30, 2009, 09:31:48 PM »
People need to get over the Half-Cab ripoffs already. It's BEYOND played.

If you like the cut, rock the OG joints. Otherwise, someone needs to go ahead and create a nice, sleek, and sick-looking skate shoe design that eliminates all of the unnecessary bullshit and gives the skater a nice, solid profile. Flat, wide toe, padded collar, no excessive stitching because that shit just blows out.

C'mon, let's put all of these years of skate knowledge to use instead of just re-hashing the ol' trendy shoe of the moment. I want to see some sick new skate shoe design. I'm over the Half-Cab rips. Enough already.

tanhoe

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 28
« Reply #49 on: April 30, 2009, 09:34:01 PM »
dude deserves that check

they would be the first nikes i ever buy... BA needs one sooon

gutterhead.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -15
« Reply #50 on: April 30, 2009, 10:32:27 PM »
ugly. i was hoping that his shoe wouldn't be all trendy and hypebeast-y, but they are.

toque

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 122
    • Portmanteau avatar image
« Reply #51 on: April 30, 2009, 10:56:00 PM »
I like them quite a bit,  although I do think its strange that this guy is getting a shoe.  BA definitely deserves one. 

wheee!

McCly

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #52 on: April 30, 2009, 11:26:26 PM »
BA's working on a shoe. I read some thing about him skating Chukka Lows at a demo because he's trying out different types of shoes to see what he likes.

I still don't get why Omar gets a shoe before Supa or Reese, though.

IDAREYOU

« Reply #53 on: April 30, 2009, 11:53:21 PM »
at least they're trying things. give them time to get the shape right (assuming thats just a trial shape because I have to agree, it's not that pretty, they need to spend more time fixing that shoe up). As for the BA gibberish, they're not trying to put out a ton of bland shoes, they're trying to put out a bunch of DIFFERENT kinds of shoes that fit DIFFERENT functions. You're looking at it from a stand point of, hey, he's really good and needs a shoe, and Nike is looking at it as, we're trying to put out different shoes that aren't generic vans rip offs, we don't want to be lakai. His shoe will come when it can stand alone and as it's own shoe. To be honest tho, there are a lot of dudes on there that should have a shoe, paid more dues, did their time, lance mountain is a great example.  They're really trying to make a few quality technical skate shoes, quality, not quantity when it comes outside of dunk/hypebeast territory. They're actually giving a shit and trying to take big nike tech and putting it back into the SB division. That's hella more than adidas is doing, and LIGHT YEARS ahead of CONS. I don't see a valid reason to hate nike. they're trying to prove their worth as a shoe brand and they think they can make a better shoe and are actually trying, which is more than I can say than a lot of "skater owned" companies that are milking it like gravis, and even ones that are exist to ride the money wave like dekline.

kevbo999

« Reply #54 on: May 01, 2009, 04:57:09 AM »
I think they look awesome.

kamltoe

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -443
« Reply #55 on: May 01, 2009, 05:58:25 AM »
I think they look awesome.

^^this.

k

Quote from: The Gipper

Classic keyboard skate champion talk right there.

you need to stop thinking people do what you tell them bc they dont.

wake and bacon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 189
  • ∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞
« Reply #56 on: May 01, 2009, 06:07:05 AM »

If you like the cut, rock the OG joints. Otherwise, someone needs to go ahead and create a nice, sleek, and sick-looking skate shoe design that eliminates all of the unnecessary bullshit and gives the skater a nice, solid profile. Flat, wide toe, padded collar, no excessive stitching because that shit just blows out.

C'mon, let's put all of these years of skate knowledge to use instead of just re-hashing the ol' trendy shoe of the moment. I want to see some sick new skate shoe design. I'm over the Half-Cab rips. Enough already.

are you serious man? do you really consider this a half cab rip off? they only two things they have in common is - big sole and mid top.... that's seriously it.
:) I must have been tripping last night

wake and bacon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 189
  • ∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞
« Reply #57 on: May 01, 2009, 06:08:12 AM »
oh and pssst idareyou... nike owns cons...
:) I must have been tripping last night

toque

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 122
    • Portmanteau avatar image
« Reply #58 on: May 01, 2009, 01:32:28 PM »
They should just cease to give prod shoes now and hook reese forbes up with one.  the 3s look a bit better but all that dude's shoes tend to be horrible. compared to all the killaz on the team paul sort of sticks out like a sore thumb. 

wheee!

Mullet Man

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -424
« Reply #59 on: May 01, 2009, 01:43:44 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

are you serious man? do you really consider this a half cab rip off? they only two things they have in common is - big sole and mid top.... that's seriously it.

Get your eyes checked.

Seriously, if there are people who are THAT blind (both literally and figuratively) on here, I need to find a way to make money off of you muthafuckas.