Author Topic: Jake Johnson - Wallride of Pain  (Read 26721 times)

ROCKxADIO420

Re: Jake Johnson - Wallride of Pain
« Reply #90 on: October 27, 2013, 05:16:05 PM »
gnarride

foureyedjim

Hairy Ballsagna

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 32
« Reply #92 on: October 27, 2013, 05:44:07 PM »
Good for him, I heard he has been training hard and going to bed early. If the governing bodies rule that this is indeed a wall ride, it could place him in the running for SOTY. If not, then... meh.

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1309
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #93 on: October 27, 2013, 05:49:05 PM »
this got me stoked. haven't skated in a week or so and this is a great motivator to change that. i really do hope alien pulls through this weird period of AVE, Dill, Terp, and likely Grant leaving and continue to be cool.

ben shraider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -264
« Reply #94 on: October 27, 2013, 06:20:31 PM »
Expand Quote
You kids crack me up, a sick photo of an amazing trick and you are arguing the semantics of verticality. 
[close]

This.

It's hilariously embarrassing that the beauty of the photo and balls it took to pull the wallride off can't just simply be appreciated.

There's nobody on this thread that's not appreciating the trick and thinking that it's gnarly, but as a bunch of skate nerds people are arguing about the name of the trick. You don't see too many people here 'simply appreciating' f.ex. something Nyjah does. Not really how this forum works.

360 frip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65504
  • -65 G 4 RYFE
« Reply #95 on: October 27, 2013, 06:34:56 PM »
Can't wait to see someone skate it as a bank.

I'd guess quite a few wall-rides have been done on slightly angled walls.

Wonder how many tries this took?

I can't even imagine how to bail it.

This is way more exciting than the Burman cover to me. The Louie Lopez lip 5-0 was great too...
"I DON'T WANT TO BELONG TO ANY CLUB THAT WILL ACCEPT PEOPLE LIKE ME AS A MEMBER." Groucho

"Sorry 360 frip, you are banned from using this forum!" HATE

excitableboy

• Rep: 93
« Reply #96 on: October 27, 2013, 06:41:39 PM »

This is way more exciting than the Burman cover to me. The Louie Lopez lip 5-0 was great too...
*boardslide 5-0. Not that I didn't appreciate it.

360 frip

• SLAP Pal
  • -65 G 4 RYFE
« Reply #97 on: October 27, 2013, 06:50:15 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
*boardslide 5-0. Not that I didn't appreciate it.

My mistake. Not even drunk (yet)...

I would actually like to see the bails on this wallride though.
"I DON'T WANT TO BELONG TO ANY CLUB THAT WILL ACCEPT PEOPLE LIKE ME AS A MEMBER." Groucho

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #98 on: October 27, 2013, 07:40:08 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
You kids crack me up, a sick photo of an amazing trick and you are arguing the semantics of verticality. 
[close]

This.

It's hilariously embarrassing that the beauty of the photo and balls it took to pull the wallride off can't just simply be appreciated.
[close]

There's nobody on this thread that's not appreciating the trick and thinking that it's gnarly, but as a bunch of skate nerds people are arguing about the name of the trick. You don't see too many people here 'simply appreciating' f.ex. something Nyjah does. Not really how this forum works.
No, some fucking idiots who have never done a wallride are trying to talk shit on something amazing and are trying to nitpick something amazing.
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

Zurg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
« Reply #99 on: October 27, 2013, 07:50:35 PM »
no one calls anything a bank ride

_aminal

• Rep: -8
  • win some, lose most.
« Reply #100 on: October 27, 2013, 08:22:55 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
don't want to be that guy, it's gnarly, but how can we call that a wallride ? no wall here...
[close]

Go drop in and post the footage, it's just a bank BRAH
[close]
ok, it"s a fucking big gnarly bank but it's not a fucking wallride, get it ?

nah this is a wall ride dude; what the fuck is a bank ride?

Ed's impossibles are like gonzs kickflips....

the snake

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 350
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #101 on: October 27, 2013, 09:09:11 PM »
Wow. The snake is the biggest kook to come onto this site in years. Instead of appreciating the beauty and gnarliness of what Jake is doing, and how impossible it would be for just about anybody else to do, he bitches and whines about semantics. Do you think Jake can't do wallrides, or that it matters what its called? Its fucking gnarly, but your smarmy little bitchass just wants to sit posting stupid gifs and ruining everybody else's chance to appreciate something of such beauty.
Oh, and its a shame this room has no walls, it must get drafty:

you stupid, stupid child.

Oh, and whoever said that riding on a polished marble wall with a slight tilt to it is easy because your wheels grip is outting himself. You ever try to wallride marble? No fucking grip whatsoever. Along with that, vertical walls can be very grippy and hold onto your wheels. Basically, you've never done a wallride and your nitpicking doesn't mean shit. And don't give me that "but this isn't a wall" bullshit. Can you stand on what he is riding without falling off or slipping down it? Then its a fucking wall. If somebody was waiting outside of that would he tell a person he is meeting that he is leaning on the steep bank waiting, or that he's leaning on a wall? Exactly. See, I can play semantic games too that make you look fucking stupid.
But that doesn't matter.
What does matter is the fact that you are both stupid fucking kooks who think they are special and decoding something by coming up with some sort of semantic argument that you think matters instead of appreciating the beauty of what is being done. No matter what argument you come up with, you lose for not realizing how awesome this is.
Now sit down and shut the fuck up, stupid child.
I NEVER SAID I DON'T APPRECIATE THE BEAUTY OF THAT GNARLY TRICK, I WAS JUST WONDERING IF RIDING A BANK, BIG OR NOT, COULD BE CALLED A FUCKING WALLRIDE

the snake

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #102 on: October 27, 2013, 09:11:41 PM »

And if they are back-to-back you get bonus points.
i made it

lyserg

• Rep: 0
« Reply #103 on: October 27, 2013, 09:16:33 PM »
This thread is a direct example of how the internet sucks nutsacks.

Andrew

• Rep: 100
  • lightcatcher
« Reply #104 on: October 27, 2013, 09:36:17 PM »
amazing.

all i can think about is how nice this trick probably sounded when he did it.

can't wait to see the footage of this
The only thing you nerds grind down is yer keyboard keys.

Tyroneshoelaces

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -602
  • who knows
« Reply #105 on: October 27, 2013, 10:15:57 PM »
where is home?

ThugWaffle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -140
« Reply #106 on: October 27, 2013, 10:22:28 PM »
Expand Quote
Holy fuck how does a trick like this just get tossed on instagram like that???
[close]

Poached.

Not poached, its from a magazine, Antoine Asselin shot it i think.

Tenterhooks

• Rep: 112
  • I love you x
    • http://davidgalletly.com avatar image
« Reply #107 on: October 28, 2013, 02:07:25 AM »
Let's meet in the middle. Half wall, half bank - wank. It's a wankride.

That or ballride.
"Was I a hero? Maybe to Hero, I was a hero." - Doug Brown

Nigga

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
  • PHILA
« Reply #108 on: October 28, 2013, 02:54:17 AM »
Expand Quote
Wow. The snake is the biggest kook to come onto this site in years. Instead of appreciating the beauty and gnarliness of what Jake is doing, and how impossible it would be for just about anybody else to do, he bitches and whines about semantics. Do you think Jake can't do wallrides, or that it matters what its called? Its fucking gnarly, but your smarmy little bitchass just wants to sit posting stupid gifs and ruining everybody else's chance to appreciate something of such beauty.

Oh, and whoever said that riding on a polished marble wall with a slight tilt to it is easy because your wheels grip is outting himself. You ever try to wallride marble? No fucking grip whatsoever. Along with that, vertical walls can be very grippy and hold onto your wheels. Basically, you've never done a wallride and your nitpicking doesn't mean shit. And don't give me that "but this isn't a wall" bullshit. Can you stand on what he is riding without falling off or slipping down it? Then its a fucking wall. If somebody was waiting outside of that would he tell a person he is meeting that he is leaning on the steep bank waiting, or that he's leaning on a wall? Exactly. See, I can play semantic games too that make you look fucking stupid.
But that doesn't matter.
What does matter is the fact that you are both stupid fucking kooks who think they are special and decoding something by coming up with some sort of semantic argument that you think matters instead of appreciating the beauty of what is being done. No matter what argument you come up with, you lose for not realizing how awesome this is.
[close]
I NEVER SAID I DON'T APPRECIATE THE BEAUTY OF THAT GNARLY TRICK, I WAS JUST WONDERING IF RIDING A BANK, BIG OR NOT, COULD BE CALLED A FUCKING WALLRIDE

nigga fall the fuck back with your ol "i call it like i see it, the truth hurts" corny ass for real

tom

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 990
  • the moon rules
« Reply #109 on: October 28, 2013, 04:07:31 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Sorry for the double post, but the last one was just to shut up the kooks. Now my thoughts on the WALLRIDE-
Fucking beautiful and so gnarly. just dropping in on something like that would be death, I can only imagine how gnarly the slams must have been on that- Come up short, you're fucked, balance wrong on the landing, you're fucked, come off the wall at the wrong point, you're fucked, don't turn it quite right, you're fucked. Basically, on something like this, you have to approach and execute it perfectly or you're fucked.
[close]

Techincally it's a bankride, not a wallride, but the name of the trick doesn't change how gnarly it is, so the rant is somewhat pointless. And obviously that would be way gnarlier if it was a straight wall no matter how grippy it was.
[close]

Technically? - according to what?
[close]

It's not a wall, it's a bank
it's a goddamn wall. You're just being difficult for the sake of being difficult to annoy others. Hang it up
fuck you bama

ben shraider

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #110 on: October 28, 2013, 04:29:09 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Sorry for the double post, but the last one was just to shut up the kooks. Now my thoughts on the WALLRIDE-
Fucking beautiful and so gnarly. just dropping in on something like that would be death, I can only imagine how gnarly the slams must have been on that- Come up short, you're fucked, balance wrong on the landing, you're fucked, come off the wall at the wrong point, you're fucked, don't turn it quite right, you're fucked. Basically, on something like this, you have to approach and execute it perfectly or you're fucked.
[close]

Techincally it's a bankride, not a wallride, but the name of the trick doesn't change how gnarly it is, so the rant is somewhat pointless. And obviously that would be way gnarlier if it was a straight wall no matter how grippy it was.
[close]

[close]

[close]
it's a goddamn wall. You're just being difficult for the sake of being difficult to annoy others. Hang it up

We just have different views on what defines a wall ride. I'd say that when the wall is angled enough that it helps you to stay on it for longer, it's not a wallride. The trick in the picture is still the same so I don't see the point in being so emotional about the name.

Brown Thunder

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -66
« Reply #111 on: October 28, 2013, 05:00:59 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

We just have different views on what defines a wall ride. I'd say that when the wall is angled enough that it helps you to stay on it for longer, it's not a wallride. The trick in the picture is still the same so I don't see the point in being so emotional about the name.

walls don't have to be straight up vertical..  this is a wall going along some giant steps and he's riding on the wall.. its a wallride and you're being a little shit

360 frip

• SLAP Pal
  • -65 G 4 RYFE
« Reply #112 on: October 28, 2013, 05:53:12 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

walls don't have to be straight up vertical..  this is a wall going along some giant steps and he's riding on the wall.. its a wallride and you're being a little shit

technically, those might not be steps.

ben shraider

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #113 on: October 28, 2013, 06:27:56 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

Why the fuck do you care what I call that trick

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 264
  • tiger style
« Reply #114 on: October 28, 2013, 06:58:01 AM »
another tight thread... bank ride, WTF is that?

jake kills

witty pseudonym

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 42
« Reply #115 on: October 28, 2013, 07:57:26 AM »
Bankrides?  That's an odd name. I'd have called them chazzwozzers.

the snake

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #116 on: October 28, 2013, 08:50:05 AM »
let's call it bankdownhill

matter of fact

• Rep: 42
« Reply #117 on: October 28, 2013, 09:04:00 AM »

But that doesn't matter.

the first gipper rant i can get behind. though i've seen you say things that make that ^ hypocritical

the snake

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #118 on: October 28, 2013, 09:40:56 AM »
"you stupid, stupid child."
what a great teacher...

shone237

« Reply #119 on: October 28, 2013, 10:15:37 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

But that doesn't matter.
[close]
[close]

nigga fall the fuck back with your ol "i call it like i see it, the truth hurts" corny ass for real

rant all you want fags, it's still a bank ride.