Author Topic: Fucking Awesome Tour  (Read 47648 times)

Prince Nelson

Re: Fucking Awesome Tour
« Reply #120 on: March 29, 2015, 02:40:41 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
New FA boards - http://fuckingawesomestore.com/
[close]

That Wake board is pretty cool actually.
[close]

I'm not too into FA but that board is really good.

all those new ones are really rad

Fenzadill

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 91
  • lemme get the 4 dollar one
« Reply #121 on: March 29, 2015, 03:35:12 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
New FA boards - http://fuckingawesomestore.com/
[close]

That Wake board is pretty cool actually.
[close]

I'm not too into FA but that board is really good.
[close]

all those new ones are really rad

Yea im not gonna lie, I really like almost all the new boards
example. i cant cast a spelll or love potion on a girl and she falls total in love for me
but i can show a girl my tv youtube clip on my or her phone. but there's a difference ok

bentmode

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
  • Da$h
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #122 on: March 29, 2015, 04:42:28 PM »
Makes mother look pretty stale
Han solo blew up the Death Star in Episode 4.  Heard it from a friend.  Reliable source.

era

« Reply #123 on: March 29, 2015, 08:24:18 PM »
didn't look if the dates were a complete match but this could be why shit is goofy (didn't see if abp either).  They're touring with earl

fangen

« Reply #124 on: March 30, 2015, 12:13:31 AM »
Fucking awesome art direction is the skate company version of those websites that let you put any old tumblr/Google image jpeg on a gildan shirt without acknowledgment or royalty cheques to the owner. Makes me want to bootleg their stuff. Probably will now that I think about it.

Turtle Boy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 172
« Reply #125 on: March 30, 2015, 12:48:09 AM »
Those guys are straight up copy pasting things.

The golden one is no other than some famous El Greco painting

I'm not sure how is the copyright thing on art, but I'm sure this is no too legal

Nigga

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
  • PHILA
« Reply #126 on: March 30, 2015, 02:57:35 AM »

I'm not sure how is the copyright thing on art, but I'm sure this is no too legal

yeah or the fact that they just put the Islanders logo on a board

Turtle Boy

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #127 on: March 30, 2015, 03:11:35 AM »
They better don't spend too much of their earn because sooner of later, somebody is going to take them to court.

snowman600

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 732
« Reply #128 on: March 30, 2015, 07:57:15 AM »
I think that's exactly what Dill's hoping for.
soft controversy, cease & desist foreplay that keeps things "rare & limited"...

drewdc

• Rep: -85
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #129 on: March 30, 2015, 08:37:25 AM »
I think the stuff looks , way better than plan b , flip , element , welcome ,real , dgk . Dill ave and gino are legends let them do what they want who cares cause we know they don't

Deekay

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #130 on: March 30, 2015, 09:02:57 AM »
I think the stuff looks , way better than plan b , flip , element , welcome ,real , dgk . Dill ave and gino are legends let them do what they want who cares cause we know they don't

Yeah drewdc, you tell em!!

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 386
« Reply #131 on: March 30, 2015, 09:09:13 AM »

I didn't know it was an El Greco painting, but I assumed it was copy-pasted from somewhere.  I'll never buy the board and still think the "philosophy" behind FA's graphics is very shitty.  I just thought that board looked better than most of the things they have put out up to this point.

S.E.

« Reply #132 on: March 30, 2015, 09:18:32 AM »
if ya'll dont think this shit is better than 90% of whats shit out of skateboard "art departments" ya'll blind

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3341
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #133 on: March 30, 2015, 10:15:23 AM »
They better don't spend too much of their earn because sooner of later, somebody is going to take them to court.

shark tits

« Reply #134 on: March 30, 2015, 11:29:29 AM »
the AVE boards w/ the guns n roses 'lies' album 'rape scene' painting are kinda fresh. i don't give a shit about graphics though so whatever. as a kid i always thought homegirl just fell out mid piss, i thought it was a lot more innocent than it was but i dig it now for nostalgia. damn you FA, playing on my heart strings. playing side 'roses' cause it's all accoustic.
'you're one in a million dill. ooh yeah that's what you ar-are'

stevedave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 96
« Reply #135 on: March 30, 2015, 11:39:42 AM »
if ya'll dont think this shit is better than 90% of whats shit out of skateboard "art departments" ya'll blind

please enlighten me as to what companies you think make up the other 10% you speak of, that FA is NOT better than.
"See you are like Mark David Chapman and my posts are John Lennon. You having nothing to offer so the best you can do is try to assassinate my beautiful posts. My Dental Plan is Strawberry fields and you are a sexually frustrated fat man."  ---NigNogNooo---

GAY

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #136 on: March 30, 2015, 11:43:27 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

please enlighten me as to what companies you think make up the other 10% you speak of, that FA is NOT better than.

High School Dropout is the other 10%. B

yapple dapple

« Reply #137 on: March 30, 2015, 11:44:36 AM »

I always thought it was kind of funny that Rocco and Huf both have/had cease and desist letters on the wall of their office's like badges of honor. I mean how hard is it to rip off and piss off a company's original idea.

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1973
« Reply #138 on: March 30, 2015, 06:46:07 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I always thought it was kind of funny that Rocco and Huf both have/had cease and desist letters on the wall of their office's like badges of honor. I mean how hard is it to rip off and piss off a company's original idea.

What's even funnier is that FA has sent out cease and desists.

midevilco

« Reply #139 on: March 30, 2015, 06:56:23 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

What's even funnier is that FA has sent out cease and desists.

Someone print up some knockoffs and call Dill's bluff.

Erngh

• Rep: 1
« Reply #140 on: March 30, 2015, 07:30:28 PM »

360 frip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65504
  • -65 G 4 RYFE
« Reply #141 on: March 30, 2015, 07:49:27 PM »
I suppose being a 2010's world is ok. It is just that, like Bianco Hardon, its all a bit half assed and lazy and was already done two decades ago... However Dwindle was putting out some innovative and interesting graphics at the time. Not just straight copying a pre-raphelite picture on to a deck. Wonder when all the Supreme kids are going to split to form their own company? At least Olson doesn't have that headache...
"I DON'T WANT TO BELONG TO ANY CLUB THAT WILL ACCEPT PEOPLE LIKE ME AS A MEMBER." Groucho

"Sorry 360 frip, you are banned from using this forum!" HATE

fang

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 195
« Reply #142 on: March 31, 2015, 06:13:50 AM »
FA is so original and unique , it hurts my feelings!

Turtle Boy

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #143 on: March 31, 2015, 07:19:43 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I didn't know it was an El Greco painting, but I assumed it was copy-pasted from somewhere.  I'll never buy the board and still think the "philosophy" behind FA's graphics is very shitty.  I just thought that board looked better than most of the things they have put out up to this point.
I love that board too, but again, I would love a board with Matisse, Picasso or even Bruegel work... It would have been way better if he used this painting as an inspiration then replaced the people in the painting with people from the team, famous people or something like that. There is no work here, and a lot of uneducated people will buy it without thinking about it.
I was really into FA at the beggining, but this brand is an apology of intelectual mediocrity. Element, Flip, Plan B may be shitty but at least they are not trying to look edgy.

And I totally agree with that:

I suppose being a 2010's world is ok. It is just that, like Bianco Hardon, its all a bit half assed and lazy and was already done two decades ago... However Dwindle was putting out some innovative and interesting graphics at the time. Not just straight copying a pre-raphelite picture on to a deck.

icybear187

• Rep: -48
« Reply #144 on: March 31, 2015, 07:22:18 AM »
"im pretty sure this isn't to legal"  live a bit bub.  WTF is wrong with the "PC" generation of today??  Complete wankers.

Generally there is no court, just a letter is sent saying to stop production.  These offerings aren't long term running graphics, they are one shot every season.  By the time the letter arrives the stock is gone and done.

The time of skateboarding that FA celebrates was largely ripoff graphics.  Read up if you don't know ya fucking nerds.

Turtle Boy

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #145 on: March 31, 2015, 08:12:15 AM »
"im pretty sure this isn't to legal"  live a bit bub.  WTF is wrong with the "PC" generation of today??  Complete wankers.

Generally there is no court, just a letter is sent saying to stop production.  These offerings aren't long term running graphics, they are one shot every season.  By the time the letter arrives the stock is gone and done.

The time of skateboarding that FA celebrates was largely ripoff graphics.  Read up if you don't know ya fucking nerds.
Well the legal thing is one point, the other is not making any effort into your board graphics considering your product uses the same PS Stix as every others except for the copy-paste graphic on it.

You have two things to differentiate your products from the other companies using PS Stix wood. One is the team and the other is the aesthetic of the brand.

For the same money you can push a brand with good team making effort into the artwork, or push a brand with a good team and some guy doing copy-paste from Tumblr/Google images.

Put your money anywhere you want but for me putting some effort and paying people into doing some artwork is an important factor before purchasing a board.

FA is not celebrating any skateboard era, they are just guys who are ok to copy work from other guys to sell a generic product and make as much money as they can. Their strenght is their team and the supreme print behind them.

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 386
« Reply #146 on: March 31, 2015, 08:33:37 AM »
And there's a difference between ripping off graphics or images to satirize them or putting your own spin on them (which the World companies did a lot of at the time) and just straight up copying and pasting other people's work, like Turtle Boy said.  I mean, I get the reference with the NY Islanders deck, but they didn't even change it to Gino's last name like the original version did.  They just straight up lifted the Islanders logo. How do you not see how that is different (and worse) than the original?

GAY

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #147 on: March 31, 2015, 09:44:04 AM »

Your admiration of laziness is so admirable.

SHARPSHOOTER

« Reply #148 on: March 31, 2015, 10:06:17 AM »
People act as if there's no such thing as good images off the internet. What image would you want copy/pasted on board?

zarathustra

• Rep: -8
« Reply #149 on: March 31, 2015, 10:24:55 AM »
Like it or not 'laziness' is an important part of the game now.  Romantic notions of purity and originality are rightly being eroded by newer generations wiling to push the boundaries of socially constructed prohibitions limiting certain forms expression.

Appropriation in art is the use of pre-existing objects or images with little or no transformation applied to them.

The use of appropriation has played a significant role in the history of the arts (literary, visual, musical and performing arts).

In the visual arts, to appropriate means to properly adopt, borrow, recycle or sample aspects (or the entire form) of human-made visual culture.

Notable in this respect are the Readymades of Marcel Duchamp (leading to the films, paintings, gestures of Andy Warhol, Richard Prince, John Baldessari, Damien Hirst, Jeff Koons, Sherrie Levine) etc...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marcel_Duchamp

All of the above appropriated from the interwebs...  ;)