Author Topic: Fakest style  (Read 14435 times)

zahed

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rep: -25
Re: Fakest style
« Reply #60 on: April 19, 2022, 07:42:45 AM »
obviously that burberry erry kid has to be mentioned.

agree with tfunk, but i have to believe he will grow out of it hanging out with the baker crew.

im going to thro that eunice chick who rides for worble in the mix here.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2022, 06:55:59 AM by zahed »

Magnolia

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 454
  • She/They
« Reply #61 on: April 19, 2022, 07:51:54 AM »

agree with tfunk, but i have to believe he will grow out if it hanging out with the baker crew.

im going through that eunice chick who rides for worble in the mix here.
I think tfunk's safety hands stuff has gotten worse since he turned pro. He undeniably rips but the arms just feel so forced
what quality posts do you have under your umbrella son of a bitch

CurbyPuckit

• Rep: -39
« Reply #62 on: April 19, 2022, 07:54:37 AM »
Expand Quote
carlisle aikens
[close]

you’re tripping

I wouldn’t say he fakes it, but milks the shit out of it with his hands.

Speaking of hands, becker Dunn may have the worst fake style on the planet.

RCB3

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 428
« Reply #63 on: April 19, 2022, 10:04:51 AM »
People might hate me for this one, but for some reason Tommy Fynn sometimes holds his landing pose for a weird amount of time. I love Tommy's skating and he has a rad style. He doesn't do it all the time, but I definitely see it semi-regularly. Here's an example.

Irvine-Sucks.com

somefucker

« Reply #64 on: April 19, 2022, 10:06:45 AM »
Jonny Gigers Post-Land Gangsta Steez Freeze is weird.

Rockin Robbin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 428
« Reply #65 on: April 19, 2022, 10:28:54 AM »
Beagle
"Bake me a pie of love" - Steve Winwood

MintySandwhich

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -128
« Reply #66 on: April 19, 2022, 07:09:40 PM »
Im sure they're nice and all, but I cannot stand Maité contrived wackiness.

obvious others are burberry, shredmaster keith, and anyone who skates Venice park regularly

TheLowerBack

• Rep: 171
  • GTU/FWD
« Reply #67 on: April 20, 2022, 12:38:02 PM »
Being a tall dude I can attest to the whack lanky style. If I’m skating transition I’m full JT eagle arms while grinding and safety hands while carving.
Certain tricks on street I do a heavy dab. Especially sw front nose/k’s. I’m also usually stunned when I land shit so I end up holding the pose for too long. A lot of flat ground tricks I do an Ace Ventura arm swing. I really hate all of it and really love tall dudes that are in control of their bodies.

cilantro

• Rep: 44
  • human bean
« Reply #68 on: April 20, 2022, 01:39:20 PM »
Fake style isn’t the same as style you don’t like. I’m not always crazy bout gonz’s style all the time but it’s clearly way more authentic than burberry

Magnolia

• Rep: 454
  • She/They
« Reply #69 on: April 20, 2022, 01:50:36 PM »
Expand Quote

agree with tfunk, but i have to believe he will grow out if it hanging out with the baker crew.

im going through that eunice chick who rides for worble in the mix here.
[close]
I think tfunk's safety hands stuff has gotten worse since he turned pro. He undeniably rips but the arms just feel so forced
Quoting myself because he does some real egregious fake arm steeze at 13:15 in the new baker video. Otherwise it's a great part
what quality posts do you have under your umbrella son of a bitch

muntcuscle

• Rep: 44
« Reply #70 on: April 20, 2022, 02:39:34 PM »

BieberStance

• Rep: -18
« Reply #71 on: April 20, 2022, 03:18:42 PM »
hahahahahaha what the fuck man

Idk why, but he always looks like he is going backwards. Do you know what j mean?

Mantis tabogin

• Rep: -7
« Reply #72 on: April 20, 2022, 03:47:24 PM »
Judd Farhatt Fake AF very forced unnessicary "Dillion reider arms" he landed the trick riding away 3 seconds later he takes bow like he's dillion, cmon Judd 

mooraga

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -35
« Reply #73 on: April 20, 2022, 03:48:08 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Idk why, but he always looks like he is going backwards. Do you know what j mean?

Roger Mancha arms syndrome

clintendo

• Rep: 25
« Reply #74 on: April 20, 2022, 05:58:47 PM »
Berle

mv114

• Rep: -10
« Reply #75 on: April 20, 2022, 11:44:36 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
hahaha no way this is real
[close]

i thought it was a joke until i entered his black hole of an instagram. dudes fuckin serious with it

Dude got arms like Dhalsim in Street Fighter.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 859
« Reply #76 on: April 20, 2022, 11:49:22 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
hahaha no way this is real
[close]

i thought it was a joke until i entered his black hole of an instagram. dudes fuckin serious with it
[close]

Dude got arms like Dhalsim in Street Fighter.
It's a bit like when a scooterer rides a skateboard. Their shoulders naturally are twisted 90 degrees from their hips and they don't know what to do with their hands so they just flop down (or worse hold them infront like a t rex)

Ride it to dust

• Rep: 54
« Reply #77 on: April 21, 2022, 12:47:46 AM »
Being a tall dude I can attest to the whack lanky style. If I’m skating transition I’m full JT eagle arms while grinding and safety hands while carving.
Certain tricks on street I do a heavy dab. Especially sw front nose/k’s. I’m also usually stunned when I land shit so I end up holding the pose for too long. A lot of flat ground tricks I do an Ace Ventura arm swing. I really hate all of it and really love tall dudes that are in control of their bodies.

+1 on this dude

Arto!Arto!WakeUp!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 185
« Reply #78 on: April 21, 2022, 03:00:56 AM »

I think it's more about his hips and legs than his arms. Is he English or Welsh? If English he probably has to put in extra effort just to his body isnt florpazorpin all over the shop. Don't know what's in the water but no skater from England has ever had a body where the upper and lower work together.

Swithflip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -748
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #79 on: April 21, 2022, 07:19:35 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Roger Mancha arms syndrome

hahahahaha

fs1/2cab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 620
    • a short part avatar image
« Reply #80 on: April 21, 2022, 08:28:41 AM »
People might hate me for this one, but for some reason Tommy Fynn sometimes holds his landing pose for a weird amount of time. I love Tommy's skating and he has a rad style. He doesn't do it all the time, but I definitely see it semi-regularly. Here's an example.

I am guilty of holding my pose after a trick too sometimes. In my case it is because most tricks are mad difficult for me and I need a lot of concentration and inner calmness. So when I land a hard trick, my arms freeze and I am a bit positively shocked that I roll away.

Maybe it is the same for Tommy too. I mean, have you seen that trick?! Holy shit.
IG: @flowterspace

robocop

• Rep: 6
« Reply #81 on: April 21, 2022, 11:13:25 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I am guilty of holding my pose after a trick too sometimes. In my case it is because most tricks are mad difficult for me and I need a lot of concentration and inner calmness. So when I land a hard trick, my arms freeze and I am a bit positively shocked that I roll away.

Maybe it is the same for Tommy too. I mean, have you seen that trick?! Holy shit.

I think most people do it some way or another.
Much respect to Shin Okada he rips, but his freeze 0:35 is pretty funny

DarthDingusMaximus

« Reply #82 on: April 23, 2022, 06:50:48 AM »
This guy fucks….

I totally agree with this sentiment being a 6’2” dude I’m definitely off kilter most times on a board but I don’t care.

As nitpicking as I can be about certain style’s I’m also going to mirror or at least try to mirror those that I like Brian Anderson for one and JT the other.

For me if I can say someone’s got a whack style but also rip on tricks that look awful, there’s a huge difference between fake steez and poor trick selection. Just saying and I’ll be the odd man out.

dakotalofton

• Rep: -21
  • Nothing I say you will like
    • YOUTUBE avatar image
« Reply #83 on: April 23, 2022, 02:31:05 PM »
Cody fuckin Mac

or is he just not worth mentioning?
****IF YOU DON'T FUCK WITH BRONZE56K YOU WHACK AS FUCK****

DERBY

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 267
« Reply #84 on: April 23, 2022, 06:29:26 PM »

oh god. them capri cuffed surf pants and arm sways.

also i’m fan of killah priest but that song is corny

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 954
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #85 on: April 23, 2022, 06:49:09 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

I think most people do it some way or another.
Much respect to Shin Okada he rips, but his freeze 0:35 is pretty funny

I fuck with that underground clip tho. That’s good fake style if it was
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

banksandledges

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 207
« Reply #86 on: April 23, 2022, 07:20:41 PM »
Expand Quote
Shane Heyl’s exaggerated roll up carves and squatting prior to ledge tricks is so dumb.
[close]

True but the dude is like 45. Gotta imagine how much effort it requires to pop into stuff at that age. I'm gonna be rolling up into tricks for a straight mile before I have the power to pop in and flip out of stuff at 45.

As a 45 year old who also does nose slide crooks on ledges, I can assure you the squat is not necessary.

elbarto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
« Reply #87 on: April 23, 2022, 11:56:46 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Shane Heyl’s exaggerated roll up carves and squatting prior to ledge tricks is so dumb.
[close]

True but the dude is like 45. Gotta imagine how much effort it requires to pop into stuff at that age. I'm gonna be rolling up into tricks for a straight mile before I have the power to pop in and flip out of stuff at 45.
[close]

As a 45 year old who also does nose slide crooks on ledges, I can assure you the squat is not necessary.

Gee it’s almost like everyone skates different. Hasn’t Shane also had some pretty bad knee injuries?
“I’ll whoop your ass with my arm out of socket”

wuust

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -26
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #88 on: April 24, 2022, 07:32:36 AM »

. came here to post him

SkollieJol

• Rep: 1
« Reply #89 on: April 24, 2022, 01:11:19 PM »
https://www.instagram.com/reel/CbpcysWDUZ9/?igshid=MDJmNzVkMjY=

I wouldn't say fakest but this cropped up on my feed and I thought it was downright disrespectful