Author Topic: Westfield Mass  (Read 5196 times)

RightCoastBiased

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -56
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: Westfield Mass
« Reply #30 on: December 23, 2008, 09:58:08 PM »
damn dude, you really hate theory huh? well, my best friends work or skate for theory so i dont know man. its funny tho that whole "get fucked up when they skate hartford thing". Ive gone to hartford many a times with the theory team to film. and not once have i gotten "fucked up". One of my best friends that I grew up skating with, matt marek, actually rides for skate lair. so instead of starting stuff on the internet like a keyboard warrior you should chill out and stop talking about stuff you obviously arent clear on.

Hahaha ok then. I've been going to Skate Lair for 9 years now and I am pretty "clear" on what is going on. This is why one of theory kids got their cameras jacked when they had that last event at heavens. If you have any problems with how I see things please ask for me on Saturday the 27th when I am at skate lair again. We can clear things up. My name is Ryan McDonnell, I will be glad to talk about it.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2008, 10:00:38 PM by RightCoastBiased »

Boston.

« Reply #31 on: December 23, 2008, 10:12:33 PM »
Expand Quote
damn dude, you really hate theory huh? well, my best friends work or skate for theory so i dont know man. its funny tho that whole "get fucked up when they skate hartford thing". Ive gone to hartford many a times with the theory team to film. and not once have i gotten "fucked up". One of my best friends that I grew up skating with, matt marek, actually rides for skate lair. so instead of starting stuff on the internet like a keyboard warrior you should chill out and stop talking about stuff you obviously arent clear on.
[close]

Hahaha ok then. I've been going to Skate Lair for 9 years now and I am pretty "clear" on what is going on. This is why one of theory kids got their cameras jacked when they had that last event at heavens. If you have any problems with how I see things please ask for me on Saturday the 27th when I am at skate lair again. We can clear things up. My name is Ryan McDonnell, I will be glad to talk about it.
stealing someones, camera because of some trivial, maybe non-existent rivalry? maybe maybe someone neutral in the situation?
the "me, me, me" local heroism thing is fucking lame no matter who starts it

anyways, i'm living in brookline right now and i''m getting an apartment in boston in may. hit me up if you come by the city

RightCoastBiased

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #32 on: December 23, 2008, 10:22:26 PM »
Don't know if you meant me. But if I was hitting up boston this time around I would. Shits hardly trivial as far as I can see, but I've just grown up being anti theory at this point. Bad blood.

General Cornrow Wallace

• Rep: -3
« Reply #33 on: December 23, 2008, 10:23:07 PM »
supporting your local skateshop is a real good reason to steal someones camera.

RightCoastBiased

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #34 on: December 23, 2008, 10:24:36 PM »

Truth.
Everyone can talk as much shit as they please. But if a place tried to sabotage one of your good friends skate shops you would feel the same way as I do.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2008, 10:27:59 PM by RightCoastBiased »

Boston.

« Reply #35 on: December 23, 2008, 10:39:21 PM »
that is the completely ridiculous macho jock attitude that is killing things. i don't know the specifics, but that does not seem like a logical reaction. i've "grown up" into a shop that has rivalries with other local shops, much like everyone else who skates. big deal. just because someone is associated with a different shop does not mean that they're inhuman, thus making them an "enemy". there's a kid that filmed two of our videos that decided to open up a shop. he's tried stealing riders from our shop, tried stealing our business, tried to fuck with accounts, and so on. are we going to run up on him and steal his camera, or resort to cheap shots? no, we're gonna work that much harder

anyways, that was an open invitation to anyone in the area; karmessiah, righcoastbiased, etc.

MikeyPioggia

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -54
« Reply #36 on: December 23, 2008, 10:44:10 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

i dont see the reason for threatening me? im sorry for supporting my friends at my local skateshop that i do video work for. my bad. and that kids camera that was stolen isnt a "theory kid", he was just a random kid from the ct area, good work on that one tho, shows leadership!

YourNut

• Rep: 25
  • I'll always be....Your Nut...
« Reply #37 on: December 24, 2008, 12:47:14 AM »
shtooopps...shop beef....what a waste of time...Just skate...

Anyway, ive only been in westfeild to turn around off of the mass pike...It didnt seem too great...Hope all works out for you there though!

ahlee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 482
« Reply #38 on: December 24, 2008, 05:21:23 AM »
yea, this is kind of embarassing.

RightCoastBiased

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #39 on: December 24, 2008, 06:48:43 AM »
yea, this is kind of embarassing.

Most of the topics on this board are pretty embarassing. As well as equally petty and pointless.

ahlee

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #40 on: December 24, 2008, 07:39:46 AM »
Yea, but you still stole a camera from some kid who wasnt even from theory. I skate for theory... and I also skate with a lot of guys that go to skate lair. Jimbo, Thrasher Matt, Matty B, Monday...  none of them tried to steal my camera. Pretty fucking lame dude.

sergioflorez

« Reply #41 on: December 24, 2008, 08:11:27 AM »
Expand Quote
damn...that sucks. speaking of hartford, i watched a really cool documentary on the history channel last night about some mexican gangs in hartford. i had no idea it was that bad.
[close]

Yeah Hartford is fucking sketchy. Defintley always roll with a crew. But I had more trouble with meat stick security guards than with anyone else.

cant be worse than bridgeport. edit* take that back. bridgeport has been pretty gentrified as of late. new housing, development, etc. mexican gangs are old news. ct is not hard. its fucking connecticut for christ sakes. the W.A.S.Piest state in the USA.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2008, 08:18:16 AM by sergioflorez »

General Cornrow Wallace

« Reply #42 on: December 24, 2008, 10:33:52 AM »
If i come by on Saturday can I skate the bowl?

RightCoastBiased

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #43 on: December 24, 2008, 02:10:43 PM »
Yea, but you still stole a camera from some kid who wasnt even from theory. I skate for theory... and I also skate with a lot of guys that go to skate lair. Jimbo, Thrasher Matt, Matty B, Monday...  none of them tried to steal my camera. Pretty fucking lame dude.

I never said I stole anyones camera. I simply heard about it and find it hilarious.

poptart pete

• Rep: 95
  • i like my asses fat not flat
« Reply #44 on: December 24, 2008, 02:35:46 PM »
when msc skate park was in westfield it was dope
RIP T.Dog

RightCoastBiased

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #45 on: December 24, 2008, 03:25:12 PM »

Fuck yeah. MSC was mad fun. I think tato has the mini from there in his backyard. But it could also be another now defunct skateparks ramp. 

TheKarmessiah

• Rep: 23
  • YAH!
    • KARMBOOK avatar image
« Reply #46 on: December 24, 2008, 03:27:19 PM »
. Jimbo, Thrasher Matt, Matty B, Monday

sounds like a bunch of extras from gleaming the cube
I'd go gay for BA.

twitter.com/karmessiah

poocrusher

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 329
« Reply #47 on: December 24, 2008, 03:41:43 PM »
You're claiming beef between shops that are over 30 miles apart.  That seems pretty lame.  I have over 10 shops within 30 miles of my shop.  We don't have problems with any of them.  In fact there are 3 shops within 2 miles of my shop and we have no beef.  Sometimes its better to commit energy in making yourself and your local scene better, than worry about a shop thats over 30 miles away.

MexicanSpaniard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
  • S&H
« Reply #48 on: December 24, 2008, 03:53:03 PM »
A lot of CT Pals in an odd thread.

poptart pete

• Rep: 95
  • i like my asses fat not flat
« Reply #49 on: December 24, 2008, 03:56:55 PM »
after re-reading this thread im real hyped i dont live in new england anymore.
RIP T.Dog

pancake man

• Rep: 34
« Reply #50 on: December 24, 2008, 04:42:00 PM »

yo you skate with thrasher matt? dude fucking ripped the northampton bowl a new one, where did he go?

MikeyPioggia

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -54
« Reply #51 on: December 24, 2008, 06:08:31 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

yo you skate with thrasher matt? dude fucking ripped the northampton bowl a new one, where did he go?
he goes to school in san diego now.

ahlee

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #52 on: December 24, 2008, 06:13:47 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I was at the bar with him yesterday.

skate_bored

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 56
« Reply #53 on: December 25, 2008, 03:02:49 PM »
i feel like i met some of you guys before or something...anybody here work/lurk at theory and remember writing down directions to a couple skate parks this past summer?

defiantnate

« Reply #54 on: December 25, 2008, 03:10:29 PM »
Word.

Bobbydoof

« Reply #55 on: December 31, 2008, 12:19:43 PM »
i feel like i met some of you guys before or something...anybody here work/lurk at theory and remember writing down directions to a couple skate parks this past summer?

that was me

Bruh Man

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 122
  • Upstairs, fifth floor
« Reply #56 on: January 02, 2009, 12:31:17 AM »
I don't know any of you dudes, but I couldn't help but feel some second hand embarassment reading this thread. I know shop politics can get heated but damn, just do you.

I'm about to move to Bridgeport, all I know is there's that park with a nice and mellow hip next to the beach. What else is good there?

General Cornrow Wallace

« Reply #57 on: January 07, 2009, 03:21:10 PM »
I don't know any of you dudes, but I couldn't help but feel some second hand embarassment reading this thread. I know shop politics can get heated but damn, just do you.

I'm about to move to Bridgeport, all I know is there's that park with a nice and mellow hip next to the beach. What else is good there?

idk how far that is from Bristol CT but they just built a really fun cement park there

RightCoastBiased

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #58 on: January 07, 2009, 07:09:12 PM »
Bridgeport to Bristol is probably around a 45 minute drive. Take a trip down to the groton park some day. Its probably an hour to an hour and a half from you in Bridgeport. But its a fun ass park.  There is also haven skate park in north haven (http://www.havenskatepark.com/), which is 30 min from you. Down town new haven is fun to skate, but do it on the weekends. Otherwise you will get kicked out of all the spots. You can skate Yale sometimes too. I usually saved my favorite Yale spots for when the college kids were on vacation. I've also been arrested for skating yale, so its a toss up sometimes. I've never skated Bridgeport, but driving through I remember lots of spots.

Bruh Man

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 122
  • Upstairs, fifth floor
« Reply #59 on: January 08, 2009, 09:46:13 AM »
Good looks fellas!