Author Topic: Quasi GRAND PRAIRIE  (Read 19938 times)

HORSES

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 335
Re: Quasi GRAND PRAIRIE
« Reply #180 on: February 12, 2022, 04:11:00 PM »
Expand Quote
Couldn't find the Almost Heaven thread.

But thought it was the cool they put out the tour video on VHS. Didn't pull the trigger myself, but reminds me of getting a tour VHS when I was younger as they were generally cheaper than full lengths.
[close]

what's most interesting to me is that grand prairie was released on vhs but remained on their site for sale up until today when it finally sold out. i wonder why it didn't sell out as quickly as almost heaven, or how many copies were even made. almost heaven was limited to 50.

I don't think it's that interesting. Trying to move 350 units at $60 a pop of a VHS in 2021, seems a hard task, The fact that it sold out at all is an achievement. Roll Up VHS has been on sale since 2019, and still hasn't sold out

weregoingunion

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #181 on: February 12, 2022, 08:24:22 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Couldn't find the Almost Heaven thread.

But thought it was the cool they put out the tour video on VHS. Didn't pull the trigger myself, but reminds me of getting a tour VHS when I was younger as they were generally cheaper than full lengths.
[close]

what's most interesting to me is that grand prairie was released on vhs but remained on their site for sale up until today when it finally sold out. i wonder why it didn't sell out as quickly as almost heaven, or how many copies were even made. almost heaven was limited to 50.
[close]

I don't think it's that interesting. Trying to move 350 units at $60 a pop of a VHS in 2021, seems a hard task, The fact that it sold out at all is an achievement. Roll Up VHS has been on sale since 2019, and still hasn't sold out

ah yeah, true. even though it was a full-length, i was expecting the run to be smaller like mother and bob. i wasn't aware that they only made 350.
r.i.p. bubblegum tate
LOAF FOREVER <3

somedudefromnj

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 77
« Reply #182 on: February 13, 2022, 01:55:20 PM »
Am I an asshole for wanting a dvd? Like i havent seen my vhs player in so long i dont even know if i still have one

would buy both these videos on dvd

Lol. Eldee is definitely a human. He’s like a raider on horse back who’s kinda scared to do battle. Somehow he closes his eyes and swings his sword wildly and wakes up in a pile of dead orcs.

backside_frontside

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -300
« Reply #183 on: February 14, 2022, 05:39:46 AM »
Am I an asshole for wanting a dvd? Like i havent seen my vhs player in so long i dont even know if i still have one

would buy both these videos on dvd

No. Releasing a video on VHS in 2021 is antiquated as fuck and dumb as hell. How many people are even watching this in a VHS player? Maybe two people tops.

nicotinewheel

• Rep: -77
« Reply #184 on: February 14, 2022, 06:02:16 AM »
with the thrifting and resale explosion over the last few years VCR/VHS prices & demand are higher than they've been since it was cutting edge technology, especially in niche genres where many of the classics originally released on VHS.

doesn't seem too crazy a strategy in light of that?

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1972
« Reply #185 on: February 14, 2022, 06:44:06 AM »
I think VHS's are a neat collectable but it's something I'm particularly interested in.

Would buy Quasi DVDs in a heartbeat.

HORSES

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 335
« Reply #186 on: February 14, 2022, 07:23:16 AM »
with the thrifting and resale explosion over the last few years VCR/VHS prices & demand are higher than they've been since it was cutting edge technology, especially in niche genres where many of the classics originally released on VHS.

doesn't seem too crazy a strategy in light of that?

Don't think it's a strategy. Probably just helps that their TM is a huge VHS nerd, and makes them all by hand. Anyways, I think it's cool.The last few DVD's I have purchased just look terrible on my TV. Motion blur around the skater as they are moving.

Lowcalcium

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -100
« Reply #187 on: March 24, 2022, 07:13:45 AM »
Just watched "Grand Prairie" again in full last night with a non-skateboarder friend.

He absolutely loved the video...and I was explaining to him how most skate videos back in the day would essentially be 25 to 30 minutes of skateboarding and a half an hour of bonus footage. And that most skate videos were around $30 to $35 in the early 2000's.

He was like: "dang that's expensive, you must have watched the same tapes over and over again."

And of course he was right. I watched Sight Unseen, 411VM #41, and Flip Sorry---pretty much everyday after school.

Moral of the story: Watching Grand Prairie gives me so much nostalgia for skating with my friends in high school, this video might be in my top 10 of greatest skate videos of all time--the Quasi dudes just got everything completely right with this one.

Tyroneshoelaces

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -602
  • who knows
« Reply #188 on: March 24, 2022, 02:54:56 PM »
i'm late,

i paused this at 7 minutes because so far this is incredible. first part was timeless and edited so perfectly.  had to pause it after bobby's fakie bs f-0 fakie fs flip out.  is their 50 minutes of this?  amazing.
where is home?

Owen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 302
    • My Photos avatar image
« Reply #189 on: March 24, 2022, 10:53:34 PM »
i'm late,

i paused this at 7 minutes because so far this is incredible. first part was timeless and edited so perfectly.  had to pause it after bobby's fakie bs f-0 fakie fs flip out.  is their 50 minutes of this?  amazing.

Enjoy my friend you're in for a treat
Jorts
Anklets
Rat tails
Sling shots
Toe rings
Shuv it tail grabs
Jump ramps

backside_frontside

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -300
« Reply #190 on: March 25, 2022, 06:02:26 AM »
i'm late,

Don’t get hyped about the 50 minute run time. It’s 30 min of b-roll

ralf_

• Rep: -38
  • yo
« Reply #191 on: March 27, 2022, 12:46:17 PM »
Expand Quote
i'm late,

[close]

Don’t get hyped about the 50 minute run time. It’s 30 min of b-roll

the b-roll is what's up
fun fun fun

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 688
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #192 on: March 28, 2022, 10:15:42 AM »
lol why did tyshawn slap bobby
what did bobby say about sean pablo / supreme??