Author Topic: Psychopathy and skateboarding  (Read 4864 times)

ChuckRamone

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 534
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Psychopathy and skateboarding
« on: September 13, 2016, 12:25:12 PM »
Are there any pros you think who would be considered psychopaths clinically speaking? Do you know any psychopathic skateboarders?

"They [psychopaths] are over-represented in certain occupations: politics, business, high-risk sport. The research on that is in the preliminary stages."

http://nypost.com/2016/09/13/how-to-tell-if-your-co-worker-is-a-psychopath/

7 year old

Iceman

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 433
Re: Psychopathy and skateboarding
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2016, 12:42:04 PM »
the ny post is dogshit, but the point of their article is accurate. psychopaths in skating? of course. there's psychopaths in every aspect of life.

shark tits

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2016, 12:44:45 PM »
Don't they call it anti social personality these days? I nominate danny way. He hucks himself w/ no regard like you'd huck a brick at a homosexual.
I think morrissey might be one but he's the kind I like.

ChuckRamone

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2016, 12:46:20 PM »
since skating is mostly mental, and psychopaths are probably good at skating because they're psychotic, it makes me wish I were a psychopath. that serial killer skater thread is inspiring. I need to make my eyes deader to the world.

Iceman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2016, 12:51:16 PM »
since skating is mostly mental, and psychopaths are probably good at skating because they're psychotic, it makes me wish I were a psychopath. that serial killer skater thread is inspiring. I need to make my eyes deader to the world.
psychopaths are not psychotic or delusional whatsoever. they are calculated and detached. great manipulators that love power and chaos. the serial killer stereotype is the exception, not the norm.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2016, 12:53:00 PM by Iceman »

ChuckRamone

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2016, 01:04:12 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
psychopaths are not psychotic or delusional whatsoever. they are calculated and detached. great manipulators that love power and chaos. the serial killer stereotype is the exception, not the norm.

I thought maybe psychopaths had less fear or didn't process consequences quite the same. So why would a psychopath be attracted to high-risk sports? Because it would give them access to people to manipulate?

Deucifer

• Rep: 10
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2016, 01:08:47 PM »
Marius
I have two words for you: greg lutza's fedora

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2016, 01:12:03 PM »
Are there any pros you think who would be considered psychopaths clinically speaking? Do you know any psychopathic skateboarders?

"They [psychopaths] are over-represented in certain occupations: politics, business, high-risk sport. The research on that is in the preliminary stages."

http://nypost.com/2016/09/13/how-to-tell-if-your-co-worker-is-a-psychopath/
Gator

Iceman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2016, 01:21:39 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

I thought maybe psychopaths had less fear or didn't process consequences quite the same. So why would a psychopath be attracted to high-risk sports? Because it would give them access to people to manipulate?
they get off on seeing how much shit they can get away with. getting caught doing something wrong? just another chance to manipulate others so they can get away with it.

ttching!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 65214
  • Smilin' Mercenary
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2016, 01:40:29 PM »
Have you seen the way AVE looks at whatever he's skating when he's rolling up?

Leyzee Emcea

• Rep: -8
  • Achilles Tendonion Rings Jr
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2016, 06:36:09 PM »
Berra is a sociopath without the shadow of a doubt. Just read the definition and there could be a picture or text of him and it would be spot on. Some older pros ie: Gino/HH/Dill/Ave have just been through a whole fucking lot but they don't come off as manipulative, egocentric or excited by the demise of others.

Cuban_Lynx

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1432
  • I got the internet goin' nuts
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2016, 06:59:49 PM »
By 'psychopath' they're referring to 'sociopath', which is what we now call 'Antisocial personality disorder'. Personality disorders fall into clusters due to overlap in clinical features, and most of the pros listed so far are likely within the Cluster B Personality Disorders (Antisocial, Borderline, Histrionic, & Narcissistic). 

In the business world, a lot of antisocial/narcissistic personalities make it to the top. Eccentric personalities are highly celebrated in skateboarding, so a few of the histrionic/borderlines personalities also seem to do well.

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2016, 08:07:27 PM »
There have been incidents sure but never a true psychopath in skating. Skating takes too much discipline, focus and effort. Serial killers and other psychos make everything as easy and safe as possible.

Look at Aaron Hernandez and OJ Simpson, both psychopaths, and both threw away their lives and millions of $. Skaters aren't typically educated but obviously much smarter than other athlete types.

Zeep Zander

« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2016, 08:13:50 PM »
There have been incidents sure but never a true psychopath in skating. Skating takes too much discipline, focus and effort. Serial killers and other psychos make everything as easy and safe as possible.

Look at Aaron Hernandez and OJ Simpson, both psychopaths, and both threw away their lives and millions of $. Skaters aren't typically educated but obviously much smarter than other athlete types.

please look up gator before you type anymore

Paul Cicero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -286
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2016, 08:23:42 PM »

pabloalvarado

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -45
  • Elissa Steamer is a superstar.
« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2016, 08:38:48 PM »

ChuckRamone

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2016, 09:05:31 PM »
andrew reynolds recently posted the figgy thrasher cover on IG and called him a "straight up psychopath."

tkp

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 528
    • swarm life avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2016, 12:27:32 AM »
High risk, with very little reward, sometimes more of a punishment. Sounds more like masochism

fulltechnicalskizzy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1936
« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2016, 12:44:21 AM »
frenchtoast

Powdered Toast Man!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 170
  • (aka mex.ceferino)
« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2016, 01:46:51 AM »

I just want everyone to know that I'm only 32.8% skateboarder, and that's on a good day. The rest is just soy and cum.

G raham

• Rep: -50
« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2016, 05:07:30 AM »
Couldn't be more confused about how much gino has been suggested
Well guys, there's nothing better than getting out there and skateboarding. - Shane O'Neill.

Hands down Hass out

• Rep: 3
  • 奇妙な滞在
« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2016, 05:48:17 AM »
lol at Bobby D.

Skateboarding and psychopathy go hand in hand. Love it.

gnidraobetaks

• Rep: 22
« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2016, 08:03:00 PM »
poppa bear.

jonnysheen

• Rep: -63
« Reply #24 on: September 15, 2016, 04:02:30 AM »
luv the guys skating but he's one for sure