Author Topic: Put your money where your mouth is II  (Read 15286 times)

spool of cord

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 47
  • Welcome to another chapter of audio sodemy
Re: Put your money where your mouth is II
« Reply #90 on: April 08, 2012, 11:40:50 AM »
seasons carries western edition
sanch dont be mad because your wife used to clean my mansion

and................... your still a mark!!!!!

Joe Pesci

« Reply #91 on: April 08, 2012, 11:41:40 AM »
i just had a traffic before this board im skating now and it was really flat.

Derk the Jerk

• Rep: 61
  • Formerly Derka Derk
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #92 on: April 08, 2012, 12:13:17 PM »
I'll be skating this 8.25 bad boy next. It's by Philadelphia Skateboards, the first Arab board company and based in the Middle East. They're produced in Canada though.

A.J.K.

« Reply #93 on: April 08, 2012, 12:13:51 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
What are Traffic boards like compared to Chapman or Pennswood?
[close]

pretty sure traffic uses pennswood.. hopefully someone else can confirm.
[close]

Not since they started getting Syndrome to distribute them.
I knew they had to start using Syndrome, but i've never heard anything good or bad about them.  Except for that they're flat as pointed out above.

Eschaton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -46
  • D?ner Macht Sch?ner
« Reply #94 on: April 08, 2012, 12:48:52 PM »
I'll be skating this 8.25 bad boy next. It's by Philadelphia Skateboards, the first Arab board company and based in the Middle East. They're produced in Canada though.

I like that graphic a lot!

Randozzi

« Reply #95 on: April 08, 2012, 02:35:01 PM »

360 frip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65504
  • -65 G 4 RYFE
« Reply #96 on: April 08, 2012, 02:46:06 PM »
How is supporting a company like Palace that is pressed by DSM any different than Blind, Enjoi, Dark Star etc?
"I DON'T WANT TO BELONG TO ANY CLUB THAT WILL ACCEPT PEOPLE LIKE ME AS A MEMBER." Groucho

"Sorry 360 frip, you are banned from using this forum!" HATE

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 399
« Reply #97 on: April 08, 2012, 03:40:11 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
I knew they had to start using Syndrome, but i've never heard anything good or bad about them.  Except for that they're flat as pointed out above.

Oh, sorry about the confusion. I was responding to svilleantigo.

How is supporting a company like Palace that is pressed by DSM any different than Blind, Enjoi, Dark Star etc?

Because aside from being pressed there, they receive no distribution or other support from Dwindle. There are only a finite number of places to get pressed at. For example, I'm pretty sure Magenta is pressed by the same people as Deluxe and Kayo, but they have no where near the popularity or clout as DLX or Kayo, so supporting them will support the same woodshop as if you had bought DLX or Kayo, but rather than going to support companies that tons of other people already support, a smaller one gets some money.

360 frip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65504
  • -65 G 4 RYFE
« Reply #98 on: April 08, 2012, 04:04:42 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

Oh, sorry about the confusion. I was responding to svilleantigo.

Expand Quote
[close]

Because aside from being pressed there, they receive no distribution or other support from Dwindle. There are only a finite number of places to get pressed at. For example, I'm pretty sure Magenta is pressed by the same people as Deluxe and Kayo, but they have no where near the popularity or clout as DLX or Kayo, so supporting them will support the same woodshop as if you had bought DLX or Kayo, but rather than going to support companies that tons of other people already support, a smaller one gets some money.
Fair enough. Either way you're buying a DSM board tho. The whole supporting small companies is good but it seems pretty cosmetic. The whole company thing seems a bit dragged out. Good way to keep people buying, but do people really care that much about image anymore? As a consumer it all seems like a bit of circus to me. I don't care that much about all the details anymore, support who you can and buy good boards.
"I DON'T WANT TO BELONG TO ANY CLUB THAT WILL ACCEPT PEOPLE LIKE ME AS A MEMBER." Groucho

"Sorry 360 frip, you are banned from using this forum!" HATE

Big Skatefase

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 562
« Reply #99 on: April 08, 2012, 05:20:32 PM »
Expand Quote
anybody know any online shops that carry western edition?

nobody around me carries them.
[close]

I take it you aready tried calling your local shops and asking if they would call around to their distributors and see if they can get what you're looking for?

If so, and they can't help you, FTC is probably a good place to look, call the shop. If FTC can't help you check out the company website for a list of shops that carry them. Picking up the phone can still work wonders in the Internet age.

preciate it. my dude at my local shop hooked me up doe.

i'm feelin it so far

dankradschwag

« Reply #100 on: April 09, 2012, 09:56:07 AM »
I posted this in another thread, but thought it would go well here too.

I'm gonna give a huge shout out to Blue Tile in Columbia, SC.

My nephew is 7 and just got into skateboarding.?  My mom told me about it and said she didn't want him riding some lame Wal-Mart board.?  I told her to go to the local shop and ask for some help with his size.?  I also told her to be prepared for the way local shops were (blow her off because she's in her 50s, not give a shit about a little kid) but that going local was always better.?  My mom took Simon, my nephew, there right when they opened and dude was just cruising up.?  He saw my nephew and said, "Are you waiting for me?!" and warmed right up.?  He took my nephew around, showed him the whole shop, let him touch the boards and hold them etc.?  Then he got him on a board that was good for his size, didn't rip my mom off with a bunch of bullshit that isn't going to have anything to do with a little dude's first board and sent them on their way.

That's a big deal to me- seeing how the shop dudes interact with the non-cool guys, the little dudes and the parents.

Yeah, that shit gets played and isn't cool, but remember, we all started somewhere.?  I'd much rather my nephew start off with a good experience than getting blown off for a regular.

Yeah man, that's what skatings about right there.

diggles

• Rep: -5
« Reply #101 on: April 12, 2012, 07:31:16 PM »
Palace and Polar are doing it right.

tom

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 990
  • the moon rules
« Reply #102 on: April 13, 2012, 08:35:33 AM »
orchard has the chromeball incident/scumco board. my board had a mishap today skating back from filing my taxes, so i'm going to start to spend my money early and grab one. i also just came into possesion of some blue huf choice's. it's a nice start of spring
fuck you bama

lampshade

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 132
« Reply #103 on: April 13, 2012, 10:40:42 AM »
I posted this in another thread, but thought it would go well here too.

I'm gonna give a huge shout out to Blue Tile in Columbia, SC.

My nephew is 7 and just got into skateboarding.  My mom told me about it and said she didn't want him riding some lame Wal-Mart board.  I told her to go to the local shop and ask for some help with his size.  I also told her to be prepared for the way local shops were (blow her off because she's in her 50s, not give a shit about a little kid) but that going local was always better.  My mom took Simon, my nephew, there right when they opened and dude was just cruising up.  He saw my nephew and said, "Are you waiting for me?!" and warmed right up.  He took my nephew around, showed him the whole shop, let him touch the boards and hold them etc.  Then he got him on a board that was good for his size, didn't rip my mom off with a bunch of bullshit that isn't going to have anything to do with a little dude's first board and sent them on their way.

That's a big deal to me- seeing how the shop dudes interact with the non-cool guys, the little dudes and the parents.

Yeah, that shit gets played and isn't cool, but remember, we all started somewhere.  I'd much rather my nephew start off with a good experience than getting blown off for a regular.

The truth.  Good thing they didn't go to Supreme the day some new Nikes "dropped."

The Donger

• Rep: -63
« Reply #104 on: April 13, 2012, 01:13:34 PM »
Like someone asked on page, what kind of wood is blood wizard?.. lowcard should make decks.
Can someone post picks of the Barrier Kult boards from Skull skates, i am too stupid to do that.

sleepypancakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 230
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #105 on: April 13, 2012, 06:36:24 PM »
Like someone asked on page, what kind of wood is blood wizard?.. lowcard should make decks.
Can someone post picks of the Barrier Kult boards from Skull skates, i am too stupid to do that.

The guys who own lowcard own Strange Bird Distribution which does Blood Wizard, Think, Hubba, Lucky, Paradise Wheels and Heavy Wheels and Hardtimes Skateboards. So I guess lowcard does make decks.

tom

• SLAP Pal
  • the moon rules
« Reply #106 on: April 15, 2012, 03:39:13 PM »

i've only just skated flat for the past half hour with it, but the shape is kind of squared and boxy. i like it, but it's going to take some getting used to. i can't remember the last silk screened board i've had. it's been a long time
fuck you bama

Deekay

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 130
« Reply #107 on: April 15, 2012, 10:23:59 PM »
...?

so I should put dollar bills into my girl's vag? 

weird

congratulations, you just posted the lamest joke that this messageboard has ever seen.

now go eat doghair

G.Lewis

« Reply #108 on: April 15, 2012, 10:27:07 PM »

i've only just skated flat for the past half hour with it, but the shape is kind of squared and boxy. i like it, but it's going to take some getting used to. i can't remember the last silk screened board i've had. it's been a long time

That's the best thing ever made.

Grubby Mits

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -76
  • kim you need to leave him
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #109 on: April 16, 2012, 03:28:23 PM »
Just set this Sweet up, so rad! Really love this idea, i'll be supporting small deck companies from now on

tom

• SLAP Pal
  • the moon rules
« Reply #110 on: April 29, 2012, 08:40:24 PM »

new hardtimes deck. amazing shape
fuck you bama

Eschaton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -46
  • D?ner Macht Sch?ner
« Reply #111 on: April 29, 2012, 08:45:30 PM »
Just set this Sweet up, so rad! Really love this idea, i'll be supporting small deck companies from now on

That is fucking awesome and I love Sweet! I've been hooked since the Sweet video! I just wish I could get their shit in the USA! I emailed them once about it and said their Dist guy would hit me up and he never did  :'(

Monty Burns

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -325
  • Release the hounds
« Reply #112 on: April 29, 2012, 09:26:45 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
I like that graphic a lot!

thats a sick grafic !  , anybody know what it says ?

Deekay

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #113 on: April 30, 2012, 08:33:40 AM »
Palace Lucien 8.0.. feels like a perfect shape

Could you (or someone else) post a pic so that you see the shape? Like one from the side to see the concave and one from the top to see how round nose and tail are

That might be asking too much though, so if not, could you just tell me? Does it have a real mellow concave or medium or steeper one? I really wanna try one out but no shops in Stockholm carries them.

Rumpleforeskin

« Reply #114 on: May 02, 2012, 11:56:35 AM »
http://scumcoandsons.com/
good shit, Chrome Ball collab board is dopeeeeeeeee plus they got Drew Windon and Max Van Arnem on the team!

managuense

• Rep: -27
« Reply #115 on: May 02, 2012, 12:07:59 PM »
...?

so I should put dollar bills into my girl's vag? 

weird
you should buy a gun and put that in your mouth

Deekay

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #116 on: May 03, 2012, 09:41:54 AM »
Does any Swedish online shops carry Polar? Im from Norway, so shipping and price is no problem.

Sorry, I saw this kinda late but...

Alot of online shops in Sweden carry polar now, but these are probably your best bet for cheapest shipping to norway.

www.junkyard.se
www.hollywood.se
www.streetlab.nu

Tarela

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 11
  • We spent four seasons at the Four Seasons twice
« Reply #117 on: May 03, 2012, 07:23:13 PM »

Cant find the pic i took when i set it up a week ago but its a Hopps Board and some Music 53 wheels from about over a month ago..both are dope

NYC represent!
« Last Edit: May 03, 2012, 07:28:08 PM by Tarela »

tangent

• Rep: 10
  • ...i'm not trying to be the best at exercising
« Reply #118 on: May 03, 2012, 07:49:26 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Could you (or someone else) post a pic so that you see the shape? Like one from the side to see the concave and one from the top to see how round nose and tail are

That might be asking too much though, so if not, could you just tell me? Does it have a real mellow concave or medium or steeper one? I really wanna try one out but no shops in Stockholm carries them.
Hey Deekay,
I'm on my honeymoon right now but I get back home next week and I'll take a couple pics for you.
For me it's right in the middle, not too flat not too steep with a nice round nose but def not a huge one.

Deekay

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #119 on: May 09, 2012, 05:29:35 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
Hey Deekay,
I'm on my honeymoon right now but I get back home next week and I'll take a couple pics for you.
For me it's right in the middle, not too flat not too steep with a nice round nose but def not a huge one.

Sounds great man! You dont have to take pictures, thanks alot for the reply. I'll order one as soon as brickharbor gets them in then!