Poll

Are you watching GiftedHater?

Yes
No
Yes & Patreon subscribed
Fuck no
Fred Gall

Author Topic: Thoughts on Gifted Hater?  (Read 409154 times)

nollieboulala and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Troubadour26

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 80
Re: Thoughts on Gifted Hater?
« Reply #4200 on: April 23, 2024, 10:55:48 PM »
Opus has zero chance and the stand up comedy bit they posted is fucking embarrassing.

Crust

• Rep: 42
« Reply #4201 on: April 24, 2024, 06:54:13 AM »
Enjoyed the double-entendre for the Nine Club boy's waffle. Those fellas were all over the place

apport

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 295
« Reply #4202 on: April 24, 2024, 07:45:56 AM »
"you can tell the shoe was designed by a white guy because he forgot about the heelflip"

swellbowed

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 506
  • ow
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #4203 on: April 24, 2024, 08:06:10 AM »
Theory on why Mark Wahlberg is getting into skateboarding:

His nephew is a local Massachusetts skateboarder (more into the hardcore scene nowadays), guessing that Marky Mark saw his nephew's interest in it and figured there's gotta be some money to be made in it. Ryan Sheckler seems like the perfect fit as cringey as it may be. Shecks is definitely a religious guy and always chasing the bag so makes sense in my eyes. Anyone who gives a shit about him leaving Etnies is either trolling or out of touch.

Sidenote: That original 9/11 joke was crazy

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 144
« Reply #4204 on: April 24, 2024, 08:20:32 AM »
"you can tell the shoe was designed by a white guy because he forgot about the heelflip"

I actually stopped the video at that point...drunk or not it wasn't a cool thing to be stereotyping the types of people who do heelflips...really sick of that cliche

versacekid420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1232
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #4205 on: April 24, 2024, 08:30:17 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I actually stopped the video at that point...drunk or not it wasn't a cool thing to be stereotyping the types of people who do heelflips...really sick of that cliche
oh my god it’s not a big fucking deal it’s a harmless joke get over it

Dad Board

• Rep: 83
« Reply #4206 on: April 24, 2024, 08:58:35 AM »
Pretty wack to shit on Opus. They might not be his cup of tea but they’re not coming in on some Cariuma shit, just a small business ran by two guys with a long history in skating and he basically hit the red button on them. They’ve actually been working with my local shop to do little giveaways and stuff and from what the owner has told me they’ve been really cool to work with. Also have a homie who’s been getting them flowed and he says they’re really comfy and nice to skate in.

yghartsyrt

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 226
« Reply #4207 on: April 24, 2024, 09:16:59 AM »
Pretty wack to shit on Opus. They might not be his cup of tea but they’re not coming in on some Cariuma shit, just a small business ran by two guys with a long history in skating and he basically hit the red button on them. They’ve actually been working with my local shop to do little giveaways and stuff and from what the owner has told me they’ve been really cool to work with. Also have a homie who’s been getting them flowed and he says they’re really comfy and nice to skate in.

Oh right, everyone has to like stuff just because skaters are involved in it.

How are you liking your last resorts and the recent polar decks?

Dad Board

« Reply #4208 on: April 24, 2024, 09:51:01 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Don’t put words in my mouth. Joa has a ton of influence and can really hurt a small brand. This isn’t his livestream or a Patreon video.

Kaezan

• Rep: -3
« Reply #4209 on: April 24, 2024, 09:53:10 AM »

I get what you're saying, but Opus shoes literally look like a carbon copy of Vans. It just feels like a lazy attempt to make a skate shoe.

It's cool they are working with local shops (they are doing it where I live as well), but there is nothing about these shoes that make them stand out from the all the other brands out there... and unlike those other brands, I can't go and find some models from last year for $25-35

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1955
« Reply #4210 on: April 24, 2024, 10:01:53 AM »

then put your money where your mouth is and go buy some

big_kev_215

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 732
« Reply #4211 on: April 24, 2024, 10:14:49 AM »
I enjoyed him shitting on Opus because he was expressing his opinion in a comedic fashion.  If Opus is that great, people will still buy the shoes.  Seems like an inopportune time to start a skate shoe brand anyway with a number of others seemingly struggling.  That’s on them though…

Dad Board

« Reply #4212 on: April 24, 2024, 10:17:52 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Am I the only one that thinks it’s fucked up for a dude who has this much influence in skateboarding to just shit all over a startup brand? Take shots at vans, fine, but it’s wack to me that he’d just dump on a little brand like that. Especially since he reps last resort so hard. Y’all can kook me into the dirt if you want but telling me that I can’t be critical of his actions without buying a pair of Opus is fucking stupid.

yghartsyrt

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4213 on: April 24, 2024, 10:25:59 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Don’t put words in my mouth. Joa has a ton of influence and can really hurt a small brand. This isn’t his livestream or a Patreon video.

it's easy to put words in your mouth, when you delete your comments
shoe's are whack.

Dad Board

« Reply #4214 on: April 24, 2024, 10:36:07 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

shoe's are whack.

I didn’t delete any comments wtf are you on about

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 144
« Reply #4215 on: April 24, 2024, 10:37:18 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
oh my god it’s not a big fucking deal it’s a harmless joke get over it

So what was the joke…i didnt see one

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1955
« Reply #4216 on: April 24, 2024, 10:39:04 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Am I the only one that thinks it’s fucked up for a dude who has this much influence in skateboarding to just shit all over a startup brand? Take shots at vans, fine, but it’s wack to me that he’d just dump on a little brand like that. Especially since he reps last resort so hard. Y’all can kook me into the dirt if you want but telling me that I can’t be critical of his actions without buying a pair of Opus is fucking stupid.

I just think it's silly to pick and choose what brands are okay to make fun of and which ones aren't. King Skateboards is a small brand run  by two people, but you don't seem to have a problem with them getting shit on based on your posts in that thread. You obviously have a bias here, so in this case I think it's actually pretty reasonable to suggest that you should support a brand if you're actually as stoked on them as you're acting like you are.

"they're actually really cool and doing a lot for my community, and it's fucking stupid of you to suggest I support them!"
« Last Edit: April 24, 2024, 10:51:55 AM by pizzafliptofakie »

yghartsyrt

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4217 on: April 24, 2024, 10:42:39 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

shoe's are whack.
[close]

I didn’t delete any comments wtf are you on about

Last time I checked your comment on
Pontus‘ post was deleted on instagram

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2237
« Reply #4218 on: April 24, 2024, 10:44:44 AM »
"Today on Dad Board we'll be trying out Opus shoes, not gonna lie- right out the box they're fantastic"

Damn I left my bubbler at my parents house

Dad Board

« Reply #4219 on: April 24, 2024, 11:02:26 AM »
Oooh I see, I got Doxxed. cool 👍 thanks, guys!
I did delete that comment on the polar IG post because I decided it wasn’t a good look afterwards, something none of you guys would ever do because you’re so fuckin superior and wouldn’t ever do anything even remotely questionable or embarrassing. Silly me! 🥴

Now imagine something so trivial being used as ammunition by a group of anonymous dipshits with fake internet points securing their status as overlords and deciding who can or can’t say what without being torn apart by the hive mind. I can’t criticize Joa for nuking a small brand because I made a dumb comment the other day on a completely different website about a completely different subject? Even if it was defending you fucks? Eat my ass. I’ll get outta here 🖕

os89

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1182
« Reply #4220 on: April 24, 2024, 11:07:13 AM »
I did delete that comment on the polar IG post because I decided it wasn’t a good look afterwards, something none of you guys would ever do because you’re so fuckin superior and wouldn’t ever do anything even remotely questionable or embarrassing. Silly me! 🥴

Now imagine something so trivial being used as ammunition by a group of anonymous dipshits with fake internet points securing their status as overlords and deciding who can or can’t say what without being torn apart by the hive mind. I can’t criticize Joa for nuking a small brand because I made a dumb comment the other day on a completely different website about a completely different subject? Even if it was defending you fucks? Eat my ass. I’ll get outta here 🖕

Nerd

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2237
« Reply #4221 on: April 24, 2024, 11:08:10 AM »

See you in a few weeks with your new account.

Maybe try to not get so emotionally involved when shit posting, ponder a response or two before smashing that SEND button.

Damn I left my bubbler at my parents house

yghartsyrt

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4222 on: April 24, 2024, 11:09:58 AM »

lol - what? Nobody doxed you. Maybe tone it down a notch.

Edit: don't need some youtuber defending "my" message board. even as someone, who really likes polar,  i couldn't care less, what pontus thinks about some random place on the internet.

beautifulcannolis

• Rep: -6
« Reply #4223 on: April 24, 2024, 11:11:02 AM »

Started your accound ~35 days ago and have posted over 270 times. It probably is time to get outta here fella

Gnarfunkell

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 134
« Reply #4224 on: April 24, 2024, 11:13:04 AM »

I don't care about how you feel about Opus or deleting/editing of comments, but you're on a message board where people discuss their opinions on stuff, so idk why you're reacting so dramatically to like 2 people with a different opinion than your own.

The SLAP "hive mind" didn't come out and attack you lol. I understand it's natural to get defensive when people disagree with you or challenge the point you're making, but idk if it warrants being a baby about it.

BartHarleyJarvis

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1140
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #4225 on: April 24, 2024, 11:15:01 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/shorts/VABmqH0KMmY

The next dadboard/Bolts collab vid about to go crazy
« Last Edit: April 24, 2024, 11:21:49 AM by BartHarleyJarvis »

ejazzle

• Rep: 78
« Reply #4226 on: April 24, 2024, 11:24:06 AM »
What was said about opus that wasn't true?

Dad Board

« Reply #4227 on: April 24, 2024, 11:36:57 AM »
Fuck y’all I ain’t leaving. I’m gonna drive my rep into the fuckin dirt and kook the shit out of this place before that happens.

os89

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1182
« Reply #4228 on: April 24, 2024, 11:53:14 AM »
Fuck y’all I ain’t leaving. I’m gonna drive my rep into the fuckin dirt and kook the shit out of this place before that happens.

Alright Martin

Troubadour26

• Rep: 80
« Reply #4229 on: April 24, 2024, 11:56:10 AM »
the internet is crazy like